[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

Let’s just say this drama is well-paced for its genre. Different genre will benefit from different pacing. So far there has not been a draggy moment and wasted scenes. I am loving everything about this drama. Sure there are some editing flaw but I am willing to overlook it. 

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ep. 13 Text Preview

Now, I also am going to do the things that will agonize you.
Jisoo falls into a tricky situation when she has to face the demolition service and house owner that's difficult to contact. Jisoo eventually falls sick and Jaehyun who brings her to the hospital stays by her side, having his heart set even more. Jaehyun asks Dongjin to file for a divorce and finally leaves his house. In a desperate attempt, Seokyung begins to harrass people around Jisoo. Jisoo, who can't take it anymore, heads to the hotel where Jaehyun is and says she will do the thing Seokyung is most tormented by.

:blink:

1 hour ago, enchantedyears said:

Ep. 13 Text Preview

Now, I also am going to do the things that will agonize you.
Jisoo falls into a tricky situation when she has to face the demolition service and house owner that's difficult to contact. Jisoo eventually falls sick and Jaehyun who brings her to the hospital stays by her side, having his heart set even more. Jaehyun asks Dongjin to file for a divorce and finally leaves his house. In a desperate attempt, Seokyung begins to harrass people around Jisoo. Jisoo, who can't take it anymore, heads to the hotel where Jaehyun is and says she will do the thing Seokyung is most tormented by.

:blink:

Hmmm. What does that mean? Does it mean that Ji Soo is ready to fight back since chaebol wife is now messing with Ji Soo’s friends and loved ones? I hope that’s what it means. I know the preview showed Ji Soo getting hit with eggs and that she was exposed as an adulterer. Well, I hope the same in kind is returned to chaebol wife and her family. We can’t just have our OTP suffering like this when some of the things they’re accused of wasn’t or isn’t true.

the dialogues felt like reading an old lost love letter or a poem. The writer surely knows how to strike a chord with his words. There were also a lot of carefully crafted introspective scenarios for the characters; giving us a good look at their thoughts and innermost feelings despite their adult selves masking it with lies.

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2020/05/23/first-impression-when-my-love-blooms/

It was so sad to see Ji-Soo's father pass away. :tears: A lifetime of lost opportunities between them. (And of course, Lee Bo-Yeong is a master crier.) 

It was *not* Jae-Hyeon's fault that his father tragically died. But assuming responsibility for being the reason that Ji-Soo's father did that to his father, instead of just hating and blaming him - wow. He loves her SO MUCH.

So Seo-Kyeong bought Ji-Soo's new home to demolish it. I don't understand these pea-brained moves she is making. Everything Seo-Kyeong has ever done to harass Ji-Soo has driven her right into Jae-Hyeon's arms. Now they get to buy a new house and move in together. :lol: Come on, Seo-Kyeong, let's be smarter.

I can't read Se-Hun's inscrutable face. He must have had a germ of sympathy in him at some point - he was attracted to Ji-Soo for her social warrior ways (which she learned from Jae-Hyeon) - and genuinely seems touched by their son's sympathy towards his mom. (By the way, how sweet and mature is this boy? He's unreal.)

And it's ironic that what attracted Seo-Kyeong to Jae-Hyeon was how sad he looked missing Ji-Soo. It's like JS+JH are each the best parts of the other.

It's bittersweet to see how Seo-Kyeong and Jae-Hyeon began their romance. What he did for her was really sweet, and no wonder she fell hard. But there's just no way that what they have can compete with what he has with Ji-Soo.

Dong-Jin continues to be a very entertaining friend.

9 hours ago, chickfactor said:

So Seo-Kyeong bought Ji-Soo's new home to demolish it. I don't understand these pea-brained moves she is making.

SK is immature and emotionally stunted.  She does things only a foolish child would do--like the time when she made JS wear the white dress and got someone to spill wine on it.  Like how she very obviously lets her husband know that she has a boy toy. 

Maybe her emotional life stopped maturing when her mother abandoned her.  Certainly her father hasn't shown her how to be a decent adult.

I am not defending SK.  She really annoys me.  But I can imagine why she has turned out the way that she has.  Her behavior is childish and irrational, and that makes her somewhat dangerous.

why is their happiness so shirt lived ... like why arent they allowed some time together without the country spying on them...I see that as so unfair I guess we have the usual sadistic pd writer...i love how he enjoys teasing her .. I want them alone from the rest of the world

I feel they have been caught in the live shooting and might have edited some stuff... cause I am sure there were scenes we haven't seen yet... like JSs MARRIAGE..I saw shots of that .... do they have time for it... or did they get caught in editing

I dont agree about the pacing...on the contrary i think we need another two episodes .. ...... this show is about emotions not dramatic scenes ..

. but the wife sure has to raise hell...dr foster style

do I feel that JS has got the  much worst out of this whole affair....yes

is it partley his fault ? idk... 

when my love blooms | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Spoiler

tumblr-1efb4c20f2791c29bd1b30471d8d2b82-9386ee3e-540.gif

Image tumblr_1995409e13e9102418fbbb93f453765c_1a1f3eb5_540.webp

Image tumblr_98e941fed2eab78ce173058f29a489c9_bc8df894_540.webp

I was vastly annoyed by that demolition sign, weren't you? 

What I want from tomorrow's episode is for JS to start working for a win.  It seems like so far she has been willing to fight and lose.  Now she needs to go a step farther.  

Remember how she learned from JH that they should be on the side of the losers?  Well, it's good to be sympathetic but at some point, you've got to let go of defeat.  JS needs to see herself as a winner--not just someone to be used and abused (that's the part she learned from her dad).  Now she needs to fight her own best fight for the win.

Also thus far, JH has been waging a very passive battle.  Yes, he has been plotting and gathering power and all that.  But it's time to break out of the comfortable little rut he has been existing in.  He's gonna have to risk it all to win.  And, as I've said before, he may end up in jail in order to take the chaebols down.  

Fight darn it.  Fight.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I was vastly annoyed by that demolition sign, weren't you? 

What I want from tomorrow's episode is for JS to start working for a win.  It seems like so far she has been willing to fight and lose.  Now she needs to go a step farther.  

Remember how she learned from JH that they should be on the side of the losers?  Well, it's good to be sympathetic but at some point, you've got to let go of defeat.  JS needs to see herself as a winner--not just someone to be used and abused (that's the part she learned from her dad).  Now she needs to fight her own best fight for the win.

Also thus far, JH has been waging a very passive battle.  Yes, he has been plotting and gathering power and all that.  But it's time to break out of the comfortable little rut he has been existing in.  He's gonna have to risk it all to win.  And, as I've said before, he may end up in jail in order to take the chaebols down.  

Fight darn it.  Fight.

I think the big problem for tomorrow is Will jaehyun be okay with the stabbing? I hope he dont hurt too long because that will be a big risk for jisoo because noone can protect her when jaehyun isnt around. Maybe her friend / jaehyun friend the divorce lawyer will help but it is a very risky one.

And i couldnt wait to hurt see the scene later :(

it will be a painful one for sure.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

oh , why is she in the hospital?  I hope it’s not her who got stabbed !

Based on the text preview she fall sick because of the problem with the house(?) I guess the Stabbing scene will be the ending scene because thats what The director like to do..

7 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I think the big problem for tomorrow is Will jaehyun be okay with the stabbing? I hope he dont hurt too long because that will be a big risk for jisoo because noone can protect her when jaehyun isnt around. Maybe her friend / jaehyun friend the divorce lawyer will help but it is a very risky one.

And i couldnt wait to hurt see the scene later :(

it will be a painful one for sure.

Their friends have been in the background since the beginning, it's time for them to step up and help--that's what I hope.  They should have someone on their side. 

• Dong Jin is a divorce lawyer, and JH sure needs one.  It appears that he is top in his field, so he should be able to find a way to assist.
  • Young Woo also went to law school so he should know something helpful even though he has never worked as a lawyer.  Since he has betrayed JH in the past, he owes him a huge favor.  Since he has been in unrequited love all this time with JS, he needs settle that, too.
  • JS's friend Hye Young is an engineer--that fact keeps being mentioned in a minor way when it really appears to have no bearing so maybe there's a reason after all.
  • JS's ex.  Also a lawyer.  Also very rich.  He has been worthless and annoying thus far.  It's time for him to redeem himself so that he can be a better role model for his son.  Maybe he will be inspired by Young Min's desire to do the best thing for his mom.  I hope so.

The stabbing is very worrying.  However, the crime should begin to bring the crimes of the chaebol FIL to light.

Watch live BUT GOT SUSPENDED ALMOST AT THE END

seo kyung goes full angry mode

So jisoo got sick and young min call jaehyun to help her go to hospital.

So he drag jisoo to hospital and stay with her and then there is flashback.

And then jisoo wakeup to see jaehyun on her side sleeping. She try to touch his face and jaehyun wake up and hold her hand. 

And then they go walk in park or somethingnlike that but someone take a photo of them together ( seo kyung person )

And then after seo kyung see divorce paper i think or something. The preview where seokyung and jaehyun talk Bout moving out happen and she clearly not happy.

And then she drop the bomb with the new photo and.............. the kiss video. 

And yeah jisoo in a rough spot the parents of her piano lesson i gueas ask to end the tutor i think. 

And then the stream dead

Before the stream dead there is still no scene where jisoo got throw by things and the stabbing scene. Maybe someone who recap the whole thing can confirm about iy

@Samuel Yohanes  Thank you so much for the recap!  That really helps me to prepare for today's episode because I get so worried when I don't know what will happen next.  You must have felt so frustrated when the stream died.

I wonder if JH will be stabbed at the end of ep 13 or tomorrow on ep 14.  So scary.  

9 minutes ago, thistle said:

@Samuel Yohanes  Thank you so much for the recap!  That really helps me to prepare for today's episode because I get so worried when I don't know what will happen next.  You must have felt so frustrated when the stream died.

I wonder if JH will be stabbed at the end of ep 13 or tomorrow on ep 14.  So scary.  

Hahaha true i am so mad that it died just right before the end. Its hard to find clip for the present because all in twitter i could see is clip of jinyoung. 

WAIT THE PREVIEW SHOWS THE FLOWER ON EP 14??????????

SO IT IS TOMORROW NOT TODAY? OH NO 

I rewatch the preview for ep 13 and yeah it is same clotches and backgrounds. Omg

This is ep 13 preview

Surely this is the scene where jaehyun got stabbed. It will be heartbreaking tomorrow :(

5 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Hahaha true i am so mad that it died just right before the end. Its hard to find clip for the present because all in twitter i could see is clip of jinyoung. 

I bet it is on end of ep 13. Well time to wait for the preview then

I decided to check the TVN channel on YT.  TVN Drama  Looks like we have a promo.  Unfortunately, I do not read Korean at all so I had to use Google Translate but I think this is it:

There is also a shorter version.

There are also some clips from the episode but I wasn't sure which might be the ending scene.

3 minutes ago, thistle said:

Continuing from @Samuel Yohanes  - 

I think one of her friends who works for the company gets fired or laid off or let go and Ji-soo calls SH to talk about it.  

SH tells JS to come to her office and she could not talk right now.  

SH comes to the office to talk to SH and SH is with other school parents who bullied her in that lunch meeting and JS stood up to her.  SH rejects meeting with JS.  JS is in the lobby thinking what to do and walks out of the office, and those school ladies throw coffee on JS and start talking trash at her and how she is causing problems for SH and what a bad influence she is.  

SHe comes home  and her bar friend is waiting there for her and he asks what happened and she does not say anything (I did not understand !), but he comes to JH and spats something about if he cares about her and he should do the right thing and not let her be harrassed.  

JS ex meets with her and I think he wants to get custody of YM because of all the slander that is being spread around and walks out.  

JS comes home and the next day, she makes up her mind to go see JH in the hotel.  SH sees JS and is angry and scared and frustrated that irrespective of what is thrown at her, she is still standing tall.  JH is in his hotel room and deep in thought after talking with his bar friend.  Episode ends with JS in the corridor of the hotel .  

Archived