[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

9 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

This is only my opinion but isnt it too late for the past flashback?

I mean after we know the truth of their seperation i guess right know imo the flashback is only a filler. I think they should focus more on the present.

Agreed!  I want to see what is happening with our older couple now.

But I suspect that something else is going on behind the scenes at the show:  there have been a LOT of comments online in favor of the younger couple.  It has reached the point that fans are saying that they want to remake the drama cutting the older couple out entirely.  Perhaps TVN is bowing to fan pressure to show more of the younger version of our couple.  

Frankly, I started watching this show for Yoo JI Tae.  The younger couple is cute but I like seeing what mature actors can do, too.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this must be dump on Ji Soo episode. It’s kind of ridiculous now. Anyway, I saw the raw episode on Viki. @angelwingssf, yes, it looks like the ex wants to assume custody of Youngmin. When Ji Soo went to see Youngmin, he went down to Ji Soo and from some of the words I catch, I’m thinking he’s telling Ji Soo that she’s basically not taking care of Youngmin.

In any case, after all the stuff chaebol wife pulled today to turn others against Ji Soo and sully her reputation, I guess Ji Soo decided in the end that since she’s getting heat for having an affair, she might as well have a “real” affair so she dressed up beautifully and went to see Jae Hyun at his hotel. :lol: Meanwhile, chaebol wife freaking out because her stalkers took a picture of the beautiful Ji Soo in the hotel lobby obviously going to make the affair real this time. 

I certainly hope this show doesn’t end without bringing chaebol wife to her knees. People like them who abuse their power and try to ruin others should learn a solid lesson. As to her father, the last two episodes better show the beginning of his demise. All this suffering should not be reserved only for Ji Soo and Jae Hyun.

26 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

All this suffering should not be reserved only for Ji Soo and Jae Hyun.

So true.  I hope that we don't have to wait for a last-moment denouement or, worse, some silly deus-ex-machina.  We need something more satisfying than that! 

We have just three episodes left to go, so the story needs to turn toward some success for our leads.  If it doesn't, there could be a messy ending and I really, really, really want a great ending somehow.  I don't expect it given the circumstances of our leads but I still WANT it.

Ep. 13 in a nutshell

• Seokyung bought the house Jisoo lives in so she's basically Jisoo's landlord now. That's why the demolition service shows up. Jisoo has difficulties contacting Seokyung (the landlord) because Seokyung is unwilling to pick up the calls and later she goes abroad. So far, Jisoo can still handle this by threatening the demolition workers that what they are doing is unlawful.
  • At first, only Dongjin and Hyojung know about the demolition. Jaehyun didn't find out until he informs Jisoo that he's sending her a piano. Jaehyun's secretary shows up and lets Jaehyun know about how Seokyung owns Jisoo's place and whatnots.
  • Joonseo is embarrassed that his parents are getting a divorce. He sees his grandfather but Jang San badmouths Jaehyun in front of him and threatens Joonseo if he goes with Jaehyun he's doomed (something along that line IIRC)
  • One night, Jisoo has a nightmare about her mother and sister's death. She's obviously very stressed by everything happening to her. Later on, she gets so sick that Youngmin has no choice but to call Jaehyun because Hyojung doesn't pick up the calls.
  • Jaehyun goes to Jisoo's place and takes her to a hospital, he stays by her side. Once Jisoo gets better and is released from the hospital, Jaehyun and Jisoo go out on a walk. Again, someone follows them and takes their photos.
  • Jaehyun finally tells Seokyung he's leaving the house to live somewhere else throughout the divorce procedure.
  • Jang San seems to have enough of this and release very clear photos of Jaehyun and Jisoo (I can't remember if it's his or Seokyung's doing or both) so now the whole world knows about Jisoo and Jaehyun's affair.
  • Jisoo gets fired from her individual lesson job because a parent finds out about the affair.
  • Jisoo insists she wants to see Seokyung to settle her house problem, so one day she goes to SK's company and wait at the lobby. But Seokyung uses the opportunity to meet up with those mean mothers from Youngmin's school and trick them into thinking that Jisoo is waiting at the lobby to talk about the affair.
  • Once Jisoo is sure Seokyung does not want to see her, she goes out of the company building. Those mean mothers are outside and they threw coffee/tea(?) at Jisoo. Just makjang stuff lol.
  • Someone from Jisoo's old supermarket job gives Jisoo a call, saying she wants to meet up. During the meet up, she tells Jisoo that she's suddenly fired by Seokyung because of her work abilities. I think both of them know it's because of the affair.
  • Sehun finds out about the affair and the first thing he does is bring Youngmin to live with him. There, he takes Youngmin's phone because he doesn't want him to see the news. When Jisoo texts Youngmin that she's picking him up, Sehun doesn't deliver this to Youngmin. Leaving Youngmin to think that "Jisoo is busy" as told by Sehun.
  • Later on, Sehun meets up with Jisoo and insists he has given up on her, but he will not give up on pursuing Youngmin's custody. (insert dramatic music here)
  • At this point Jisoo is frustrated and has had enough of everything. She calls Seokyung to tell that she's going to do the thing that will torment Seokyung.
  • Seokyung calls Jaehyun's secretary and forces him to inform her where Jaehyun lives or she will fire him. From the secretary she finds out the hotel Jaehyun is staying at.
  • At home, Jisoo dresses up, puts her make up on like a bad B and off she goes to Jaehyun's hotel with a glam look. Of course, Seokyung finds out about this from the spy and she becomes very very upset and enraged.

END(?) not sure haha I'm writing everything I can remember

Ep. 14 Text Preview

"(I wish) sunbae, too, could return to that time..."
With the help of document left by Hyunggu as well as the stockholders, Jaehyun is close to getting a revenge against Chairman Jang. Jisoo informs Jaehyun about Sunhee's unfair dismissal case in hopes that an action will be taken, however Jaehyun says he can't turn his back on the company investors. Seeing Jisoo takes a direct action, Jaehyun realizes the biggest obstacle between him and Jisoo and he sets off to find Jisoo, however...
Meanwhile, in 1994, Jaehyun feels sorry for Jisoo who joined the volunteering activity. Jisoo fights with Jaehyun who treats her as if she was a child.

Spoilery!

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, enchantedyears said:

Ep. 13 in a nutshell

Thank you!  It sounds like an episode full of angst.  Someone needs to catch SK, FIL, and SH at their dirty deeds!  Soon.

And I've just gotta say this:  the makjang stuff is getting old.   People behaving like that is silly and immature.

@enchantedyears, yes, that is the end with Ji Soo on the hotel floor where Jae Hyun supposedly lives.

@thistle yes, it’s time for this suffering to stop. It’s time for Ji Soo and Jae Hyun to fight back. Please don’t be one of those drama shows that wait until the last episode to punish the bad actors, no pun intended. 

@celebrianna @thistle l am 100% behind Ji Soo going all out . Regardless , people are already saying she & JH are having an affair.  Must as well seal the deal :lol:...Ji Soo has suffered all her life , time she has some happiness. And no matter what , her ex will fight for YM's custody. 

@enchantedyears many thanks for the recaps. I was not able to watch live.

@Samuel Yohanes thanks for the recaps too. I love the young pairing but there's no doubt my emotional investment come from what will happen to the older pair now. However the actor that plays young JH - Jin Young does have a very large following , so I suppose as fan service they will keep quite a bit of their scenes as mentioned by the director.

edit : Thanks for recaps too @angelwingssf ...very grateful we have so many of you on this thread who'll recap. 

11 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I wonder what scene this was??

did not see it in today's episode.  Probably tomorrow

The morning after?  :wub: .  I see JH 's clothes similar to the one he is wearing in. the bedroom today.  But JS's clothing is different.  

2 hours ago, triplem said:

@celebrianna @thistle l am 100% behind Ji Soo going all out . Regardless , people are already saying she & JH are having an affair.  Must as well seal the deal :lol:...Ji Soo has suffered all her life , time she has some happiness. And no matter what , her ex will fight for YM's custody. 

precisely, I hope she will not lose custody of her son, even if she is divorced, people can misinterpret certain things, her husband seems to want to be revenge as well, but I agree with the fact that she suffered too much, she deserves to be happy, just I would have liked a loving tension with her male friend, who is often there for her, he is really very attractive, handsome, three hot guys here hummm lol

Today's episode was so hard to watch!  :tears: :crazy: :angry:

SK's idea of doing anything to "win" is so wrong--it's sick and it's dirty.  That is NOT winning.  She's gonna have to learn that was she is doing is sinking her own ship.  If she had acted nicely at all to JH, he would have had a hard time leaving her.  But what she is doing is driving him away.  It is also likely to drive her son away when he finds out what she has been doing.

The same goes for JS's ex.  Once YM finds out what dad is up to (lying about JS and not giving him her messages), he will lose all faith and trust in his dad.

But in the meantime, there's a lot of upset and distress.  Episode 13 was just plain exhausting.  And I'm worried because we know JH is gonna get stabbed.  The promo for episode 14 looked a lot easier and less troubled.....so that probably means that it's gonna end with a shocker.

I love this drama.  But I'm also kinda ready for it to be over.  

45 minutes ago, thistle said:

And I'm worried because we know JH is gonna get stabbed.  The promo for episode 14 looked a lot easier and less troubled.....so that probably means that it's gonna end with a shocker.

Why do you keep saying that.  I did not see anywhere JH getting stabbed.  IS there any pictures on instagram or somewhere?  Just curious.  

Even if he was getting stabbed, I don't think that they would release it like that.  They would want to save the suspense for the episode!  No?

52 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Why do you keep saying that.  I did not see anywhere JH getting stabbed.  IS there any pictures on instagram or somewhere?  Just curious.  

Even if he was getting stabbed, I don't think that they would release it like that.  They would want to save the suspense for the episode!  No?

Ep 13 preview.. it is clearly shown he got stabbed or something like that.

And it is the same flower and outfit in ep 14 preview. So i can make a wild guess that it is going to happen. 

But seriously if anything happen to jaehyun too i dont think jisoo can take it. She got enough with all her families leaving her and if jaehyun also leave her damn i couldnt even imagine it. 

Will be a tearjerker episode. And yeah i will try to livestream todays episode but can anyone dm me a link to stream except aqs***** because sometimes it works but most of the time it doesnt work

47 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I keep saying that because it is, as @Samuel Yohanes has explained, in the promo for episode 13.  Check at the video starting at 23 seconds.

12 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

This is only my opinion but isnt it too late for the past flashback?

I mean after we know the truth of their seperation i guess right know imo the flashback is only a filler. I think they should focus more on the present.

There's so much angst in the present times that it balances with the happy times in the past! 

5 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Yes, Jae Hyun will get stabbed when he’s holding flowers and it looks like people surrounded him. Here near the end.

Looking at the promo again and thinking about the episode we saw today, he probably should have been stabbed at the end of episode 13.  Now it looks like it will have to happen at the beginning of 14 which is kinda weird because the promo for 14 looks fairly positive.

53 minutes ago, thistle said:

Looking at the promo again and thinking about the episode we saw today, he probably should have been stabbed at the end of episode 13.  Now it looks like it will have to happen at the beginning of 14 which is kinda weird because the promo for 14 looks fairly positive.

No i dont think it is early. Maybe middle to end.

Most likely what would happen first in ep 14

Because this is almost the end of the drama and most of the problem already well known we can have a educated guess for the sequence.

1. The hotel scene

2. Maybe some jisooxjaehyun flashback youth moment

3. The scene where jisoo ask jaehyun to back to his old self

4. The scene where jaehyun meet chairman

5. The scene where jaehyun decide to fix whats wrong between him.and jisoo

6.and then they meet up in front of the store as seen in preview of ep 14 with jh holding the flower and Jisoo coming into him. 

7. And the  somehow the old man come to him and stab him.

8. HOPEFULLY IT IS NOT THE ENDING OF TODAY EPISODE BECAUSE I COULDNT HOLD FOR ANOTHER WEEK WAITING HOW IT GONNA TURN OUT 

9. Hopefully jisoo there and call ambulance asap so jaehyun can be saved

Archived