[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

Irrespective of who NH ends up with these last two episodes were a turning point for GJ. Although nothing obvious happened the fact that NH family seems to have accepted the director and enjoying the previliges which GJ once had plus NH and director looking so much happy and attentive to each other (totally forgetting that they are having dinner with her ex-husband) must have triggered a sense of inevitability for GJ. I think going forward for the next 6-8 episodes he would sincerely try to move ahead with his life albeit suppressing his true feelings for NH by being more social and comfortable in his own skin, not sure if a new love interest is needed for this to happen. This aloofness might initially make NH move ahead too but after the initial peace she would start reconsidering the change in GJ and might feel attracted to the man she once loved. The tables would be turned and you can expect NH to go through the same pains GJ is going through now with mebbe a new lady love by his side. I also fully expect a proposal from the director which might even be accepted by NH but it will lead to one mighty mess by the 70 episode or so. This might lead to some progress on NH-GJ front but it might be NH who would open that door. GJ was feeble in his attempts to not get divorced and believed that NH would be happier without him around she would be the one to initiate a reconciliation of sorts.

Correct me if I am wrong here but didn't GJ tell NH that there is nothing going on between him and BoYoung. It's just wishful thinking on NH side or mebbe she wants to believe that they are dating to feel less pity and guilty towards NH as both of them are moving on in this case. 

They have made the director too much of a smooth talker and perfect which puts me off a bit because NH will eventually stumble upon the unsavoury parts. It's as if they have tried to make the director exactly opposite of what GJ is. Although I like his character I don't think it's his place to keep on asking GJ about his well being as it does come across as he is doing it to alleviate his own guilt and get GJ out of the picture. Also, NH is being slightly inconsiderate from the point of view of asking GJ for advise and being all loving and happy with the director in front of her ex. Unless you have had a notorious breakup most couples avoid such situations as they did love that person at some point of time and what goes around comes around. Also the divorce is pretty fresh. In an ideal world one of them would have changed jobs, a change of scenery can do a world of good.

I guess you need these conflicts to fill a 50/100 episode drama

PS: GJ needs to pick his lunch/dinner mates carefully, watching him gobble his food gives me a stomach ache. Tells you about how good an actor he really is

This was a long rant!!!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

1 hour ago, fluffyloaf said:

You are right, if compared to how they used to argue endlessly, I would prefer NH with JR now. But personally for me, I find scenes prior to their relationship going awry after they lost their baby, NH appears warmer to GJ versus her with JR now. Hence part of me wish that they could still somehow find that piece of them again.

I prefer Nahee with JR too. Its very boring to see a man that keep sticking to a woman and have a role in make misunderstanding and at the end he suddenly say he will go for woman's happiness, like second lead male in some drama. JR is very nice to Nahee. He and Song's family like each other. Its a tough challenge for the writer if she wants to make gyujin and nahee together again with story that are not cliche

• Like 5

OH my God, so much good stuff. I only watched one episode due to busy weekend (Father's Day with dad in town) and rewatched Saturday's episode (once subs were late and I was anxious to watch it) and last night late rewatched it--only caught up on the minor details I missed. But I have to watch Sunday's episode and thanks for the sweet clip on the botched dinner date of JS and DH---cute.

So this is more on thoughts watching one of the episodes.

@kiefshi1056 Thanks for your translations btw! :heart2:

@Schmiechel Great comments and looking forward to seeing more of GJ grappling with his suppressed unhappy feelings regard NH. The fact he flat out refused to tell his dongseng JS (after needing to have digestive meds) not being to eat the fried chicken lunch from JR (buying from NH"s parents place). Even if you are in denial, your BODY reminds you that you are not OK and not doing well. The lack of mind body connection and stress of ignoring your true feelings.:headbang:

@fluffyloaf  @cuplik and @Mellow_mindeulle Right now I agree I want NH with JR for now. No point rushing back to GJ, though a great guy, he cannot even be honest with himself and communicate well with his own family. Plus he needs to realize his comments and nagging ways (JS hinted that NH was really patient dealing with him) can be too much to take (Even for family.) 

GJ is a good guy to others and has a great image. But like any person, he lets his guard down and is his TRUE self with loved ones and family including NH. He forgot to be good /thoughtful and nice. Even when he did try to be, he did not correct NH views and just lost his temper. From waiting a long time to drive NH home (when she hurt her foot) but in the end he saw JR drove her home (assuming they were on a date-they were not).  Or when that time she did WANT a ride and he was childish and drove off deliberately in front of her and childish (looked at NH cannot remember if he stuck out his tongue or not --I doubt it but def felt like that kind of expression) while they were waiting to get divorced /roomies. Though NH is tough and blunt and frank, she is honest and doesn't beat around the bush. She told him about divorce not wanting to be in pain or making it uncomfortable. When GJ did not even try to say ---why no? I don't agree he just took it. He is not honest with NH. She deserves it. When he could not try to understand NH and pushing her away while she tried to have a child. Gosh no wonder she wanted to give up. Their conversations were not there and they lost their intimacy and emotional closeness, no wonder I don't want NH to be with the current GJ.

I want her with JR for now. He is too smooth and understanding. I did like that he tried to check in with GJ after the chicken luncheon, he told him straight up he was interested in NH and confessed in front of him to NH in the hospital entrance (when NH was saying you should ask the person you want to date out --not me all the time.) He saw that GJ had tons of love from NH's family after meeting them and later her mom giving the Bell Flower tea for his sore throat.  He admitted not being close with his family with the distance and just their personality too. SO to see her noisy, involved but loving family differs greatly from his family. (Doesn't hurt I like Alex too and he has such a soothing voice and demeanor too.)

@ck1Oz I agree when I saw Alex on this drama, I was like woah ---but not far to him I recall him when he first was in his group and in We Got Married (eons ago).  Welcome to this weekend drama /rabbit hole! My first weekend drama for a Korean drama. I have been avoiding them.:yaaa:

@JumeeTya Thanks for the Sadon couple first kiss clip. OMG too cute. Since I have not watched the episode looking forward to it. Cute that JS was like, after DH scurried away---that was too fast. I want another one. LOL .:kisslevel:

Though I like JS, I did not like the "mil dang" he tried to do and waited longer to tell DH he liked her back. But he did say too this is the ONLY time I can do this. Does not make it right, but he did. He knows he is a SUCKER for DH. DH like her sis (family trait) are honest and do not beat around the bush when they make a decision. (A great personality trait I adore and respect.) She realized she liked him and she went to ruin his date at the gallery ONCE she realized she was NOT ok with it. Same as when she did not want to cross the line and did not realize her burgeoning feelings for JS but they were just friendly terms. She was HONEST of her feelings at that time with him. But the time JS drew the line (it was hard for him) , it gave DH the chance to MISS JS and realize she DID start to like him. She was clueless. GH warned her guys just don't spend time and take anyone for expensive Hanwoo lunch. So with her wise unni's advice, she got the clue. (It is part of her charm.)

Happy for the older bro Joonson  going on the road to reconciling with his ex Hyun Kyeong, they are both good people. But since she broke up with him (seems like) she was sick of him not having direction in life and not being able to be financial responsible person she could rely on. (That clip when we found out their first meeting was ADORBS.) I can see why he fell in love. She was just so awesome! Whenever i see her , I always think of Yoon Eun Hye. (I miss her acting.):cheers:Joon son hwaiting! (Great job grocery shopping getting stuff for the home and help with his daughter. Plus liked that HK is warming up and even mom noticed too! 

I did like that JS was pabo for DH when his mom beat up him and he still smiled so happily and giddily that he could care less as DH LIKES him back! :heart4:

The unnecessary drama (I know you need filler grrrr) but dragging the mom misunderstanding  CY is interested in dad Young Dal Please. When everyone finds out that is his birth lil sis he thought was dead all these years---omg that will be a tearful reunion. (Granted the market place people do not know) still I get being cautious and aware. But Korea being so conservative. CY just hitting the dad's shoulder is (flirting/inapproapriate to the very CONSERVATIVE eyes of others ahem those market ajummas).:headbang:

The Sports day was hilarious how CY won the LED face mask and had JS mom Ok Boon  fall and mom just fell on her own. She is FIERCE and scary!:onfirex:

Looking forward to seeing Sunday episode where GH is appreciating HS more. He is a cutie but I need to see that soon later tonight.

I got alot to catch up on tonight! :kicks: I am so impatient now!  Ahhh lunch time now for me.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

12 minutes ago, Nodame said:

Looking forward to seeing Sunday episode where GH is appreciating HS more. He is a cutie but I need to see that soon later tonight.

I am killing my repeat button and watching that 3 minute scene for God knows how many times. The HS+GH scene has actually overtaken the view rates of the JS+DH scenes this week hahahah. You need to watch it asap!

• Like 6

@fluffyloaf Just finished my late lunch and took your advice to watch the clip---HS trying on the shirts.

OMG glad I did! NO WONDER that scene beat out our Sadon couple! DANG you GO HS! :heart3:

Wow he was sooooo swoon worthy using banmal with GH in front of the EX. In fact when the ex was figuring out who the heck is this guy. Even tried saying---nephew? When both ignored the EX, walked away dang HS cool move to take her shoulder and walk closer to him. OMG he def was acting very mature. (I had my doubts but this scene along ----I can tell he is caring for her as well as her son.) When she complimented him for having sense to scope the situation. She was giddy that her ex is going to have trouble sleeping due to his rabid curiosity wondering about the TRUTH of their relationship. His parting --I am hungry (in banmal) swoon worthy. She was like ---not calling me nuna? (I think he wants to be special and stand out as he treats her son as someone special.) 

HS holds his cards close to his heart but we do know he has a good heart.  Not wanting to help Joonson until he realized the dad was proud , he then relented. When he started caring for GH's son, he took care of her (after hard day) when she got drunk. I loved he took her home and even picked up the scarf hanging off her handbag (to make sure it was dragging on the ground). To waiting to ride the scooter to work (first her request) another time he did it without her asking. He called her NUNA and then when the other guys wanted to call her nuna, he said I thought it was special. (I am reading-----I want to be special in your eyes.) So I refuse to call you Nuna from today forward.

Ok I REALLY need to get some work done today. Thank god it is not too busy.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

From the previews, it seems that GJ and NH start becoming suspicious about the identity of JS's girlfriend. I'm guessing JS goes back to the apartment with lipstick on his cheek so GJ realizes JS was having a date in his apartment. 

Also, I think NH will disapprove of JS and DH's relationship more because she wants DH to focus on her studies and not because of who JS is. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Guys, we forgot something. Even if we want GJ-NH to get back together, not only those 2 will have to change themselves, the MILs will also need to drastically change. That's at least 4 people in that relationship that needs to get better & accept each other in the next 50 eps. I hope the writer won't go stupid way that someone get sick and need organ donation for the MILs to be nicer. So cliche.

You are right, if compared to how they used to argue endlessly, I would prefer NH with JR now. But personally for me, I find scenes prior to their relationship going awry after they lost their baby, NH appears warmer to GJ versus her with JR now. Hence part of me wish that they could still somehow find that piece of them again.

Hahaha if I were in her position, I can only wonder what I would choose. With JR, you get to have a stable and secure relationship on a fresh slate. But with GJ, it's years of deeply rooted affection as well as pain (which you might want to forget but someone who knows your pain probably knows and understands more of you than anyone else). Due to NH being an obvious thinker as opposed to a feeler, I think the remnant of her feelings for GJ are buried under all the complexity of her logic, rationalisation and confused emotions. She left GJ because she was tired of her own confused emotions and she just wanted the overwhelming weight of it to stop (which is why choosing JR make sense for her now). But whenever she is faced with GJ being with someone else, undeniably, NH still feels something (that she's probably unsure about).

I remember the flashback when NH bought the wallet for GJ. My impression was GJ didn't really love the wallet but can't really tell NH. Dunno. Their past history is seriously limited I can't say they were truly able to communicate before the miscarriage or not. I need to go back and rewatch one of these days.

You hit the nail on your comment. NH is the thinker and GJ is the feeler. It's almost like gender role swap. Usually (not always) men are the one using their heads more than their brain while women use their heart/feeling more. If NH stays true to her character, she should logically choose JR for all the reasons you said above. She would not go back to GJ just because of old feelings because sometimes just love is not enough.But then again, the heart wants what the hear wants, like someone said on different drama thread.So far NH has shown she is more than capable to be level headed more than GJ. He's like a woman that can't deal with his jealousy and confusion. Where are his friends/dongsaeng that went out to dinner with him in earlier eps? Now he just has JS or the noona to hang out with.

I wish one of NH or GJ will move to different hospital so they can get a clean break and sort their feeling for once and all. It's hard to get over someone if you still see them everyday. But then we won't get this drama hehehehe. Maybe JS-DH relationship will bring those 2 together plotting either to break up JS-DH or to help JS-DH.

• Like 10

@heartslined omg thanks for the BTS of Sadon couple!:heart1:

@cuplik Thanks I agree too MIL not only our main OTP got to work on themselves.

@letsgoa_s  I think NH Unni will not want DH to date at all no matter if it is JS or another guy. That talk before bed about don’t waste your free time as getting in / now the bigger goal is graduating. But NH is right.

Loved that JS oppa and his ex are on the road to reconciliation! So happy and yes he did well preparing breakfast for his gals and getting groceries for them too. He is a lovable mass of muscles! 

The dinner with JR, NH, GJ and his nuna on her bday was awkward. GJ notes NH listened to his advice well (letting JR cut steak or wipe her hand) he seemed jealous . He was pouting and unhappy and still denying his feelings?!:emmm:

Glad Sadon couple sailed. Their chat on the phone DH fell asleep on the kitchen floor- ouch. JS needing to ice his ear. ( I though he was childish to not let GJ hyung in to use the toilet). JS reluctantly eating a salmon dinner with mom as DH kindly accepted her invite after JS rejected it then worked his way back as he wanted to be with DH. I am glad DH knows JS fell in love summery teasing her constantly.:happydance:

The jokes on poor DH who prepared for a just in case sleepover as GJ was supposedly overnight in Daejeon. So liked she teased him back after he wore two different slippers to give her her sneakers. Cute she kissed him on the cheek.:happyshakes:

Still do love the scene of HS trying on shirts and addressing GH ex accordingly. Seeing the episode I was right thinking he would dislike the loud colored T. But he seemed mischievous and loving using banmal with her. Def loveline there for sure now since HS never shows us much what he is thinking.:eating:

Disliked the old friend/user who came to borrow money from CY. I love the donsengs warned her but CY is too kind. She has a big heart.

3:30am here so this it for now.:GN1:

• Like 5

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/onceagain/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0420-01-170861,list,none,1,0

53-54회 미리보기

영달과 초연의 다정한 모습을 목격한 옥분은 망설이다 옥자와 가희에게 이 사실을 털어놓는다.

준선은 굿액션 컴퍼니 MT를 계기로 현경과 다시 가까워지려하고. 재석과 다희 사이에 벌어진 첫 번째 다툼! 그 끝은 과연?

한편 규진과 나희는 병원에서 같이 논문을 쓰기로 하고 저녁약속을 잡는데..

Ep. 53-54 Preview (translated)

Having seen Yeong-Dal and Cho-Yeon looking so affectionate, Ok-Bun tells Ok-Ja and Ga-Hee about it, after hesitation.

Joon-Seon tries to use a training trip for "Good Action" to get close to Hyeon-Gyeong.

Jae-Seok and Da-Hee have their first fight! The result is?

Gyu-Jin and Na-Hee agree to write a thesis together at the hospital and arrange to meet for dinner.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Gyu-Jin and Na-Hee agree to write a thesis together at the hospital and arrange to meet for dinner.

wow, so writer gonna use this thesis to bring them together again. I am glad we gonna have some progress. I really want them to have a heart to heart about everything. To me there is allot unspoken between them that they need to clean the air. I can not see GJ being depressed anymore and hope he get to finally be honest with himself. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

@sal2 Hello! Yes, agreed I def think with more time together to hang out due to the thesis, they definitely will be rekindling their feelings and possibly be able to communicate better (ahem GJ). Right now, GJ was shocked NH would take his advice well. (Heck he said it in a reasonable way to NH, so she took it too heart. His prob was not being honest heart to hearts with her. So when he just want with what he assumed she wanted he did not show /say his real feelings at their divorce--GJ was wrong. Then again where would we get the 100 episodes of angst or trials we need.) As we know JR and NH are not the end game, but we still have a ways to go til the end of this drama. :nonono:

@mjmartinez I love the music in Asian dramas. I love they use certain music for certain characters. Whenever I hear the music for the Sadon couple--I feel very young again. LOL.  This drama doesn't disappoint in their music choices as well.:happydance:

@chickfactor A big STAR to share the previews and subs! YESH! JS and DH with their first fight, I think it will be ok---as long as they talk.

OB should talk to YD her hubby ---instead of her sis and daughter.  But then again she would be ticked he did not tell her --he should tell her he took CY to the hospital.:headbang:

• Like 7

My guess for Jae-Seok and Da-Hee:

I think Jae-Seok is better at standing up to his mom's whiny-baby routine than Gyu-Jin is. Gyu-Jin is more of a pushover, but Jae-Seok is better at drawing boundaries. I don't think he will let his mom bully Da-Hee. And I think that's how they will overcome the dreaded mother-in-law problem.

Yes, the actor who plays Hyo-Shin is cute. The last time I saw him (Shall we kiss first?) he played a deaf-mute character, so he didn't even speak. Still cute!

• Like 9

I just watched the fully translated preview of next week's episodes. Omg was Hyo Shin calling Ga Hee to tell her that he misses her after seeing Joon Sun and Hyun Gyung being all sweet together at the camping/picnic family outing?!!! AHHHH MA HEART CANNOT TAKE THIS. ISIT THE FRIGGIN WEEKEND YET. HELP. IF THEY DON'T GIVE ME MORE SCENES BETWEEN THEM LONGER THAN 3 MINUTES, I WILL LITERALLY DIE FROM ANTICIPATION. AHHHH.

Please forgive me for my ridiculous behaviour on this thread. The thirst for Ki Do Hun is strong in this one.

• Like 4

@fluffyloaf OOOH he is a cutie, since this is my first time seeing him. He is adorbs. You have good taste. I KNEW it (as we all did) that he kept with the banmal to be special and different. :hypehype:

Men who are dating Noona's have to get out of the dongseng trap.To show they can be a "man" either by language (the fact he used banmal can be a NO NO and GH was objecting reluctantly --you know she secretly loved it). She is trying to not like him as she knows as an older woman, divorce with a pre teen kid, with a man as  young as him better to not think of him in a romantic sense. Further when the stuntman complained and wanted to call her Nuna I can see why HS was upset. (Plus I agree he dropped liking her /crushing cause she was LOUD? what?! You are always wanting to be in the lime light but cannot be 'wrong" or stand to be corrected. UGGGH that alone is annoying. Good GH wouldn't like him anyways.)

(OH I want to see that preview stat).

@chickfactor Yup JS is def better than GJ in having boundaries with mom. Why he got away going home. But you know the mom reminds me ALOT of my dad. I am more GJ and my sis JS. (Though I am putting my foot down since last year and making my voice heard too.)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 Most Talk Dramas and Actors based on Good Data Corporation

3rd week of June 2020

Drama:

1. Its OK To Not Be OK

2. Once Again :D

3. Backstreet Rookie

4. Kkondae Intern

5. My Unfamiliar Family

6. Mystic Pop Up Bar

7. Good Casting

8. Dinner Mate

9. Oh My Baby

10. The King Maker

Actors: 

1 Kim Soo Hyun 

2 Seo Ye Ji 

3 Lee Cho Hee :D

4 Ji Chang Wook

5 Lee Sang Yi:D

6 Jang Na Ra

7 Choo Ja Hyun 

8 Park Hae Jin 

9 Seo Ji Hye

10 Han Ye Ri 

:approves:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 7:31 AM, sal2 said:

wow, so writer gonna use this thesis to bring them together again. I am glad we gonna have some progress. I really want them to have a heart to heart about everything. To me there is allot unspoken between them that they need to clean the air. I can not see GJ being depressed anymore and hope he get to finally be honest with himself. 

Yep hopefully this is the turning point, since its the perfect setup. GJ treated the director with respect sure he was jealous but he never tired to sabotage anything he gave his honest opinion  on helping NH.

Its not because he does not love NH it just he wanted to see her happy even if it wasn't with him. TO me that shows how much he really loves her. He is terrible at expressing  himself.

The only time he did was when he blew up at his mom but then he bury it deep again.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

@dramaninja Thank you! Yes GJ does finally want NH to be happy. Though he might have regretted divorcing NH, he is not really being honest with himself.

I was happy he gave honest and good advice to NH that was truthful and helpful. Not any bad advice, so I respected that a lot. Yes after thinking the miscarriage and upset /lack of smiles and laughter in their interactions towards the end of their marriage , glad he wants her NH happy.

Before with NH and his mom he seemed to side with his demanding mom. But after their divorce was open to everyone , the ever cordial and agreeable GJ blew up. What he did wasn’t easy. Glad he stood up for NH (though late for their marriage but it took the marriage's end for him to face the brutal truth)

Spoiler

Oh I totally related to him! I had that with my dad! I am agreeable like him with my dad for family harmony but at price of suppressing myself . My sis is like JS with our dad being able to draw line.

• Like 5

I wonder if anyone can give me the name of this actress. Her character in Once again is Yeon Hong. She just appeared last weekend episode. But I really like her and want to know her name. Her face is very familiar with me. WHich other dramas she is in? 

105506291_600754470549934_837550894385448942_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=1EKBji9WMeIAX-7a4jY&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-1.fna&oh=80c4ac129eb57b02f2e6d80bbfb56d77&oe=5F19220F

• Like 2