[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

9 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Speaking on behalf of all middle aged women, Ki Do Hun has officially exploded our ovaries. Hahahaha. He makes us want to get a divorce and hopefully await a HS to come sweep us off our feet.

@fluffyloaf : hihihihi, I get what you are saying but as fine as a specimen HS is, I still prefer the gentleman sunbae :D:D I feel so sorry when NH dodged his kiss although everybody can see that coming a mile away :(

I was rewatching the older eps and wondering why GJ slept in the sofa/living room when he and NH were still living together but divorced. All his clothing were thrown about the living room. Why didn't he slept in the 2nd room (the old baby nursery room)? Was it too painful for him? Is that where JS is sleeping now because obviously he isn't sleeping in the sofa. I don't remember we were ever shown the room JS staying in (or at least the direction of it). JS is always in the sofa or in the bathroom or kitchen or in GJ's room.

Is that noona will be out of the picture after this?? Or will she come back more clingy than ever?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, cuplik said:

I was rewatching the older eps and wondering why GJ slept in the sofa/living room when he and NH were still living together but divorced. All his clothing were thrown about the living room. Why didn't he slept in the 2nd room (the old baby nursery room)? Was it too painful for him? Is that where JS is sleeping now because obviously he isn't sleeping in the sofa. I don't remember we were ever shown the room JS staying in (or at least the direction of it). JS is always in the sofa or in the bathroom or kitchen or in GJ's room.

Yeah! I have been wondering on this too but when GJ left for the conference, he did tell JS to NOT sleep on his bed which made me then think that JS might have been sleeping in the couch? Or perhaps he had been sleeping like a true Korean on the floor in the baby's room? Hahaha

Oh yeah and not to mention, Ki Do Hun in episode 4 seems to show some huge acting flaws especially when he has been put side by side with some pretty experienced actors and actresses in Once Again. Not so pleased about that. Hope his agency would give him an acting coach or something before his major scenes. The only other person with equally weak acting I can see is Jang Won Hyeok but he isn't playing a major role.

• Like 2

I finally watched the two latest episodes! 

Thanks for the goodies, comments, videos etc!

Just some thoughts :

1) Sadon couple- not too much but loved that they had a date (after botched dinner date though sweet DH didn’t want JS mom eating alone ). Almost were found out with his mom cabbing  her over to meet JS. When DH mooned over the romantic singing of the busker to his GF, she definitely was wanting to stay. But I loved how he sang for her! (Love Lee Sang Yi is a musical actor ) I was loving his singing to her to apologize !:sparklyeyes:

2) Pretty Lee Sung Kyung cameo ( I love her gorgeous eyes) & the fact DH was star struck. But upon learning she dated JS, she was interested in their story. JS was smart to hold DH hand and introduce her as his GF. :winkx: Then it went all south when he turned off his thinking cap giving WAY too much  info to DH of their breakup. Face palm! At least he sang a gorgeous song to DH! I was giddy for her! :hwaiting:

3) Thank god the mom thinking dad cheated arc is over! Yes the fact GH gave advice about getting evidence on point. But the fact she met CY and assessed her character correctly (she may seem a bit flighty, she is a sharp people reader. I loved she told her aunt & mom let it go! Why did the aunt with her horribly sixth sense egg her sis on! :idk:Then when they tailed dad to the restaurant at the fancy hotel, the aunt ditched mom like a hot potato!  Dang no loyalty!:emmm:The Cold War wasn’t fun but thank goodness it ended this weekend! Trust IS fundamental to any relationship. Dad was right to be upset but he wasn’t truthful to mom either so I agreed with HS not taking either side when asked . Glad they did make up!:happy2: Then they found out the secretly dating couple after mom accidentally spilled hot coffee on butcher Yang.:bashful:

4) CY is a worthy awesome sister ! I want their story revealed! It will be amazing & I hope it is not at the bitter end. I loved when she overheard the gossipy ladies talking she took the initiative to talk to mom. She told her whole story to reluctant mom (whole time you could tell was thinking get to the point). But when she learned of Butcher Yang, her hubby trying to help then and later driving her to the hospital to see her dad. She is a straight shooter & I love she is settling in ! Also glad mom realized she should have trusted dad and talked to him! Dad of course is not a gossip and didn’t want to talk about CY dating situation. So him and sweet to help others, glad mom is ok again. Those two and their curiosity on Butcher Yang’s love life. 

Interesting Aunt came and apologized for cutting into Yang and CY thinking she wasn’t interested and the fried chicken peace offering. Also CY didn’t blurt their relationship to others do she was more trust worthy than others. (Dude glad they aunt stopped herself gossiping to those market busy bodies).

5) The MT was successful with HG thinking over  JS proposal until he botched it up with their maknae getting hurt on the set. My heart hurt for him as he would have lost a valuable industry contact/connection . Things were finally on the up and up for him! Now everything is crashing down back to square one! All his good karma points in splinters. :cries3:

Even NH tried to put ins good for her oppa to HK? Lol. She admitted my Bro isn’t the worlds best hubby but you are the only one for him.

6) NH dodging JR kiss, yup we all were not surprised. Felt bad for him as he sincerely likes her but he offered himself to be useful to her. At least she is honest with herself not allowing skinship if she is not feeling it. :sweats:

7) HS calling GH to chat and sounding happy when she teased to go to the MT site via cab , the cutie agreeing there were stars in the sky when he admitted there weren’t any.(Playing hard to get there but missing Nuna). :happy2:I liked he is caring to her son. Even when he was her ear and listening to her work woes, he was too obvious avoiding being set up on dates by GH. ( I applaud her directness you double check why he was touchy in rejecting her offer. You have to man up liking her but he didn’t.) He was happy to help her with the blankets. Then the phone, she meant well. Now she knows. Wow poor HS was so traumatized to not want to live anymore? :sad1:No wonder he was quiet. 

8) BY Nuna to GJ ticked me off getting rid of NH congee for him. But I am glad she directly said am I a burden to you? He definitely was dodging her and glad she made him say he was uncomfortable. Plus didn’t help he said NH in his sick delirium to BY. Glad she knows the score! He was happy to see her again but not ready to date! Finally !!! :teaze:

@cuplik I do prefer a man too but just for eye candy enjoyment not going to lie I do not mind @fluffyloaf mentioning HS. (Yes compared to these veteran actors he is not as strong luckily his role mainly has him looking pretty rather than needing to emote much)

Good luck DH! GJ and NH need to talk (really talk).  It was sweet NH admitted he was sweet getting the ointment for her parents she never thought to get. I am glad she realized she didn’t ask about the MIL. But heck her MIL was a tough cookie to her. I liked she thanked GJ for being great to her folks (should have been said earlier ) but better late than NEVER!:ok:

Til next weekend, now halfway over and wonder what other arcs to throw in? 

JS trying to get HK, NH breaking off with JR, DH having an admirer ?, HS and GH getting closer?:foodie3:Til next time!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I knew it!!!

NH will dodge JR's attempt :P

She still has a feeling to KJ..  After she ate with JR, she approached KJ to eat dinner together bc she only ate snacks (actually she already fulled) If only GJ didnt misunderstand her :(

BY was so ungrateful toward NH  i know she wanted KJ to move on  but doesn't mean she can threw it away that porridge moreover NH was her doctor's son <_< ..

BY acted like a housewife enter the bedroom without permission and the result was she heard sick KJ called her NH lmao 

I'm glad Kyu Jin drew a line toward her and didnt use her in order to forget Na Hee..  I hope NH will stop using JR bc he deserved better. But thanks to BY

KJ finally realize his feelings :lol:

In the next preview : we heard KJ's voice that he still not get over NH .. I guess he told Jae Seok about this.

Im also curious what kind of question that KJ will ask to NH in that playground?  Seems like he was drunk and cried (?)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Silverlining93 said:

I guess he told Jae Seok about this.

Im also curious what kind of question that KJ will ask to NH in that playground? 

I think he murmurs to himself. I don't think he's that 'open' to let other people know what he feels, especially JS who's close to NH. I'm curious too! He may ask something like are you happy now? or do you really hate me? or do you remember the first time we meet. But then I think these questions are way too deep for his character now. There's possibility the scene will end up comical LOL

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2

relationship development for DH & JS and GH and HS are way too fast.... 

character development for KJ is way too slow... 

even Director is getting impatient now wanting to have next move with NH... 

i hope KJ resolve and develop his character first before getting involve again with NH. 

NH is moving on as well... it helps that she gets family support and back up of Director... 

• Like 3

Hi! I'm new here. Finally I can read fellow fan reactions. Just finished watching the latest episode and I just want to say how much I love GJ and NH! :wub:And I'm happy GJ told BY he is not interested and hope he finds out that she  threw (?) Na Hee's porridge LOL.

I also love the storyline between Ga-Hee and the younger guy + her adorable son.

Can't wait for next weekend! 

• Like 5

Hi, I'm new :) ... I have been reading your comments ... My favorite partner from the beginning has been Na Hee and Gyu Jin because of them this drama conquered me and I was already getting sad because of the short time they were having on screen  ... finally progress with them!  I really liked that Gyu Jin will reject Bo Young and realize his feelings ... I have the impression that for some reason everyone thought that the lady asking Cho Yeon for money is Young Dal sister!  probably when they live together she will see the handkerchief of the mother of both and I used it and with this begins the entanglement ... I like all the stories

Maybe now that Gyu Jin realized that he still loves Na Hee, he can't continue pretending to be okay with her new relationship and decides to leave the hospital, which seems great to me, I feel that both of them still have to grow up to realize why  his marriage failed and distance is not a bad idea for this to happen ... is it true that Kim Ju Young will join?  if so i hope it is in the arc Na Hee and Gyu Jin

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@capri2014  @Nadia Muñoz Welcome to the party! 

I wish GJ would find out what his nuna did to NH porridge. But I highly doubt it? I mean NH was expecting a thank you, she was surprised. But she MIGHT she MIGHT not press the issue. (It does feel weird to ask for a thank you from someone when you are expecting it.) :bashful:

@Silverlining93 Love the profile pic! LOL! Yes we DEF agree on JR kiss attempt being dodged by NH. She is not into him, he always was MORE into her. The fact that GJ had to give good advice (actually) for her to date JR. (Already shows he is mending her ways but she is FAR from feeling attached to JR as much as he likes her.) :teaze:

@acidrain33 My first real weekend drama but we are at the halfway point.  So what is held in store for our couples. Snails pace progress for OTP. I am actually ok with Sadon couple pacing.  (I like it was over some time.) I mean not like DH studied for the exam overnight, it was a period of time. Plus they were interacting alot and seeing each other being happy---making JS transition back from Turkey to Korea more welcoming.

GJ having his non communicative unhappiness when NH tried to eat with him (though she ate little with JR). SHe did not know he witnessed their almost kiss she put the breaks on (he just missed it). So he DOES still care but he doesn't want to be the bad guy throwing ice cold water on her budding relationship as he said he was supportive of her happiness and moving on.. In fact he said that to JR (he did not have to worry about him). So in this case, his not saying anything very him. Suppressing himself instead of saying something---like NH would have done. (but then again we would have to figure out how to fill the other 50+ episodes left.) Sigh.:crazymad:

Again I am so proud of CY Gimbap owner talking to the mom. GH was right on the money with her, saying her eyes are like dad and very straight shooter. She is not the cheating kind. At least this arc was not dragged out too long.  Also mom at least felt sheepish and just further strengthened her understanding and trust with her hubby YD and also realizing CY is not what people say. (She was too blinded to see. ) I cannot wait when they are REAL family and the TRUTH is out.

I like DH likes JS mom. I hope her good will with her when GJ and NH reconcile can rub off on NH. I think the struggles for DH (there will be some---but smoother as she likes DH.) I mean she wants to eat and cook with her.She has seen her at her worst but still is able to handle her as her boss.  I mean she ran through people working for her at the Cafe but DH was able to handle her moods/picky behavior. She also is sympathetic and a people pleaser and hard working. I like that JS mom likes her smiles and even took her via cab to her destination to help her out. It was sweet. But there will be drama when she finds out they were lying about their dating and that would feel like betrayal of trust. (Hope that won't last too long.) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

I wish GJ would find out what his nuna did to NH porridge.

I think he will. This is a Korean weekend drama. Situations like that are built to be revealed someway, somehow.

Having said that - I like that Gyu-Jin firmly rejected Bo-Yeong without knowing about the porridge.

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

Again I am so proud of CY Gimbap owner talking to the mom. GH was right on the money with her, saying her eyes are like dad and very straight shooter. She is not the cheating kind. At least this arc was not dragged out too long.  Also mom at least felt sheepish and just further strengthened her understanding and trust with her hubby YD and also realizing CY is not what people say. (She was too blinded to see. ) I cannot wait when they are REAL family and the TRUTH is out.

I am proud of our Miss Kimbap, too. She's a compassionate and thoughtful person who cares about the people around her. It was also good to see how far honest communication can go towards healing misunderstandings.

Unfortunately, that means she's about to taken advantage of. Well, it's okay, she has more people looking out for her now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@capri2014  @Nadia Muñoz Welcome! Don't be shy to jump in, the more the merrier :D

Who is that lady that borrowed money from kimbab lady? Her first appearance was when she borrowed money a few episode back, correct? Or did I miss her in earlier eps? Is she gonna play role in reuniting CY & YD? Or will she be the 3rd wheel in GH-HS relationship (maybe HS will be back to be delivery boy again now that drama is wrapped up, so he'll be in the market a lot often).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cuplik said:

Who is that lady that borrowed money from kimbab lady? Her first appearance was when she borrowed money a few episode back, correct? Or did I miss her in earlier eps? Is she gonna play role in reuniting CY & YD?

I think that lady will trick Young Dal and market people to get money from them or the worst to happen, she pretends to be YD's fake sister (i hope not :()

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

On 6/29/2020 at 6:18 PM, emerald ox said:

I'm curious too! He may ask something like are you happy now? or do you really hate me? or do you remember the first time we meet

I think he will ask NH about her feelings toward JR and i hope she answered him honestly.. But  they will make it the otherway bc in the preview KJ wiped his eyes maybe he did it after their conversation:unsure:

As @Nadia Muñoz said,  he needs to move another hospital and maybe this way NH will realize too that she still has a feelings to him. 

• Like 3

Just caught the latest episode with subs. Frustrated to see Joon Sun and HK unable to reunite :bawling: And Joon Sun looked so defeated when HK rejected him as he knew it was his fault. It's difficult as there is nothing he can do about it considering the director is threatening him like that. He should have called one of the stunt trios or his sister to come on set and help him care for his daughter though.

I can't believe BY threw away what NH had left for GJ at the door. I would have expected her to be more fair in her pursuit of GJ. However it would not change the fact that GJ's still deeply in love with NH. He had really tried to let her go and allow her to have her own happy relationship but I think seeing the almost kiss made him realised it hurt him more than he was expecting. I am glad that GJ set it straight with BY that he wasn't ready for her romantically though. At least he isn't stringing her along. It's sad that both GJ and NH never really seem to be there at the right time, constantly missing the right moments and constantly misunderstanding each other. I am curious though, why did NH still want to eat with GJ after having a subway with the director? Is she really that eager to spend time with GJ or does she just not want to break her promise to have dinner with him? I know she still cares a fair bit for him enough to buy his favourite porridge for him but I am not too sure if I can say she still deeply loved GJ as well :/ And anybody else thought JS was purposely conveying the information to both NH and BY to let them fight it out? Hahahaha his shifty eyes made it look as if he intended to do so. Pretty sure JS sees through both GJ and NH.

I am hoping HS' character does not come out as some typical K-Drama trope but I think it is building towards that. Rich boy with dramatic backstory hahaha. But okay fine, I am still curious about the backstory nonetheless. I can't believe GH actually caught on so quickly to his nuances. She really is instinctive like how she read the the kimbap lady. Hahaha I think she just can't quite accept the fact that such a young guy can feel that way about her. And I think she can't really process her own feelings about him neither, casting it aside as affection for a little brother.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@fluffyloaf Thanks for your thoughts.

I agree I was sad about Joon Sun too! But when in  rush maybe he did call the stunt trio and sister (but we don't know) or your mind is caught up in stress. He was with SJ and depending where in the city filming and time to rush over. Of course he thought parents first. But he did what he could at that time. Makes it harder SJ doesn't talk so she is so quiet. 

Even when SJ agrees, she is still a child who will NOT stay still. So felt bad Joon Sun had to have that situation occur.:criesariver:He was doing so well too up until that point. Dang it.

I wondered why NH did want to eat with GJ after eating with JR.  She wanted to keep her promise with him to eat together. JR stoppingby was unexpected and she knew what GJ would not be eating. But GJ finally realizing DISLIKING seeing NH almost be kissed by JR did unsettle him.

He admitted to BY he did not want to date thankfully she PRESSED him --he was being vague. She just filled in the words /asked questions about being a burden etc. Thank goodness he DREW a clear line with her finally. :ok: Now we need him to have a clear chat with NH. (Seems they will talk based on the preview but I wonder how much he will say to her?)

LOL about your take on HS, I am thinking the same thing. He was a top Judo athlete so if he was from a family with some means (would not surprise me) since his dad doesn't look like he is hurting. The guilt he must feel and anger with himself an d frustration (that we still don't know). He is hurting and healing with his time with  GH's family. I loved how dad took him in after finding him sleeping at the restaurant.  No wonder HS really wanted to make him happy. (WHen he relented to help JS with stuntwork --when he saw YD smiles not in front of JS of course.) He is an observer of others as he has been hurt and not want to be open.

GH is bright and smart and proving very observant. She can seem ditzy but she is not. I like the candid/honesty she has being herself and others. Yes with CY and also with the style coloring /mannequin to be praised. Just her petty young boss is jealous and always being a pain. (Then why hire her in the first place?) GH seems like was on the top of her game before marrying her ex and very good at her job. She was meeting tons of people daily I am sure.  Yes, when she wanted to figure out HS really feelings from HS responses was so on point. I cannot blame her for double checking and not believing a handsome young man as HS would want to be/remotely interested in dating an older woman with a child. I loved how she said it is a crime he is not dating. LOL.

Disliking that LEECH of a self professed friend returning to bug CY for money but now with her luggage wanting to get more when she is already not in a great situation. Blood thirsty insincere people who are not good. I love her dongsengs saying beware. CY is too kind saying that LEECH had a tough life. (Having a tough life still doesn't allow you to be so heartless and cruel and use people though.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

On 6/29/2020 at 5:30 AM, the girl who! said:

It's great that Once Again finally broke 32 % mark. Lee Sang-yeob was trending on Sunday night, and two new items on the relationship of GJ and NH were ranked # 9 and #13 on naver entertainment news. I agree with @foreverempress that the writing is not going anywhere. It's totally makjang now with replay of formulas like petty jealousy and misunderstanding, even among the older couples. Yet, a morsel of the screen time and zero writing. LSY manages to shine--it's the achievement of the actor, and the tangible chemistry between LSY and LMJ,  not the writer. 

It's kind of consoling to see that the naver clip where GJ witnesses the "kissing" between NH and the director has the highest view counts for the recent episodes, especially given that LMJ and LSY, and their storylines are completely sidelined for weeks. They should collaborate in another drama. 

• Like 6

On 6/25/2020 at 3:36 PM, nttv said:

I wonder if anyone can give me the name of this actress. Her character in Once again is Yeon Hong. She just appeared last weekend episode. But I really like her and want to know her name. Her face is very familiar with me. WHich other dramas she is in?

Her name is Jo Mi Ryung. I was in Ojakyo Brothers drama. Her role was stepmother of Uee

I love lee sang yeob acting...and actually i always think that he is one of best looking actors. I always look forward for every his drama...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1