[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

22 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

That would be a dream come true! But unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen. The Daesang (Grand Prize) is only given to ONE of the nominees, in any category (actor, actress, director, drama, writer). Since there is no nomination for Best Couple, don't think there will ever be a Daesang for that.

Some other TV awards do have Best Couple awards (can't recall which ones) but those are usually not Daesangs.

I think I mentioned it in an earlier post that indeed more than one person have won the Daesang in the past. As far as I remember the latest  I guess was in 1993 when two actresses won the Daesang and Kim Hee Ae was one of them. There was another time in 70s when three person won it. But I don't see these trends nowadays.We know seven judges vote for Daesang ,so if bin jin get 3-3 each ,then it would be a tie. As much as I want both of them to win it together,my rational mind knows that the chances are almost non-existent...

However,who knows what surprises lay ahead of us.Keeping my fingers crossed..:wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

You guys... I had no idea that hyun bin and Daniel henney acted together in Kim Sam Soon. I admit i haven't seen that drama yet.

So i just stumbled upon some photos of him and HB together and they really look like they bonded nicely. Henney has a great personality, also humble like HB. I follow only Henney on IG out of all the American actors.

So i was thinking that maybe last year when HB was in LA he and SY visited him at his house? .:w00t: I bet that HB still keeps in touch with him. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, QueenieBee said:

I think the Daesang going to SYJ in the same week she celebrates her 20 years in the industry (first week of June I believe) would be a nice and deserving gesture. 

I hope so!

Yes, according to SYJ’s new found international fans club, her 20th anniversary will be on 3rd Jun (Baeksang 5th Jun). International fans are going to send SYJ some gifts on her anniversary.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As i mentioned earlier about this Baeksang Awards, Both Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin are my  top contenders for Best Actress and Best Actor Categories( Lord hear my prayer)..I say so since SYJ's portrayal as Yoon Se Ri penetrated the highest level of enacting the different emotions reflected in the story naturally while Hyun Bin aside from his "top-notch" acting representations  as Ri Jung Hyeok , i would say, his portrayal of having a North Korean accent is a big additional points in his acting prowess...Hope the Judges consider those points mentioned above as they are among the excellent scriptures when actors acting their characters  is concerned..

.....my perspective and standpoint...

GOODLUCK TO ALL OF US AND PRAY THAT THE COUPLE WILL BE ON UPSTAGE IN  BAEKSANG AWARDS THIS JUNE 5..

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Still curious about how SYJ has been barely visible after CLoY wrap-up party - a couple of CFs, the IG thumbs up pic for frontliners, & will not even consider the voice-over for Baeksang Awards since it was taken from CLoY.  She looks healthy from the IG post. She's close to her actress-friends but no dinner out post with them on IG.  Her friend, Choi Ji Woo's baby shower only showed pic of the expectant mom, but I will bet my last dollar, all the Cinderella gal-pals were there.  

Unless, a certain someone is advising her to stay home during the pandemic while he does all the work ... 

Got goosebumps with the Baeksang Awards video - so much excellence in K-dramas!  CLoY is featured prominently ---> a CLoY sweep?! And Baeksang committee, I will settle for photo wall images of BinJin ... beggars can't be choosers!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

16 hours ago, BJHope said:

Compliment Me: HB opens with an un-characteristic, boyish hoot “Woo-hoo”- experts say this is evidence of SYJ bringing HB’s walls down

I really love this list you wrote and all the details you've pointed out. I wanted to know if you noticed SYJ's reaction when HB did the "Woo-hoo!" She gives him a very funny WTH? look, indicating that HB was getting a little crazy. Yep, he seems like a different person, having the time of his life. Her look is hilarious. They are always teasing each other.

And I loved HB's quick response in the pong game when he said to the audience, "I should have acted in projects with longer titles." Such wit and humor. The both of them are so funny.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, cgb1108 said:

Still curious about how SYJ has been barely visible after CLoY wrap-up party - a couple of CFs, the IG thumbs up pic for frontliners, & will not even consider the voice-over for Baeksang Awards since it was taken from CLoY.  She looks healthy from the IG post.

This :thumbsup: While I'm sure most of us are having fun imagining BinJin together, I sincerely hope SYJ and her family are doing well considering we've barely had any activity from her in the 3.5 months since cloy ended. I know she takes long social media breaks but we've barely had any cf's (or none at all, I dont remember).  Hopefully we'll see her at Baeksangs  

• Like 3
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, luvlove said:

I wanted to know if you noticed SYJ's reaction when HB did the "Woo-hoo!" She gives him a very funny WTH? look, indicating that HB was getting a little crazy. Yep, he seems like a different person, having the time of his life. Her look is hilarious. They are always teasing each other.

I believe SYJ has turned HB’s world completely upside down. She talked  about HB in a Negotiation Promo

“He usually does not get angry. I have never seen him get excited”

HB’s Woohoo reaction was completely out of his character so even YJ got surprised with that

HB mentioned in an interview in April/ May 2019 in Hong Kong or Taiwan that his latest favorite song is Medelline of Madonna. The song lyrics are so beautiful, meaningful and pretty similar with our observations on how SYJ has turned a “No Fun” HB (reporter’s words) to a funny and lively HB

We seem to have 2 public versions of HB:

HB+ SYJ

HB - SYJ

"Medellín"

I took a pill and had a dream 
I went back to my 17th year
Allowed myself to be naive 
To be someone I've never been 

I took a sip and had a dream
And I woke up in Medellín 
The sun was caressing my skin 
Another me could now begin 

let's take a trip
I'll be so good for you

Sipping my pain just like champagne
Found myself dancing in the rain with you
I felt so naked and alive (Show me)
For once I didn't have to hide myself 

We built a cartel just for love
Venus was hovering above us 
I took a trip, it set me free 

Forgave myself for being me 

1:43

https://youtu.be/svRG_BwbJJA

• Like 2
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

14 minutes ago, RiRiGaGa said:

"I feel like I'm being punished because she can name my movies in a heartbeat but struggled to name 3 things about Captain Ri because "he has no charms," "I want a video replay" because she's kicking my butt at mission pong

:lol: I loved this part especially! She spouted off those movie titles pretty quickly. And the video replay request had me chuckling too. I love HBs sense of humour the rare times he lets us see it...

• Like 4
  • Love 4

30 minutes ago, RiRiGaGa said:

I'm SO excited that the newly discovered/gained fans of HB could see the HB that I saw way back at the start of his career but now with added bonus features of Kangaroo hops, Donkey skips, "Whoo-Hoo!'s", snatching cards out of pretty hands, "interlocking fingers," "Let's go to the bed!", "He is such a prankster!," stretching my neck so I can kiss my 165 cm petite close friend, pouty "I feel like I'm being punished because she can name my movies in a heartbeat but struggled to name 3 things about Captain Ri because "he has no charms," "I want a video replay" because she's kicking my butt at mission pong, I'm a 18-year old seasoned DAESANG-winning veteran actor yet I can't seem to remember some my lines, know where to look when my blindingly pretty close friend is running towards me, figure out which friggin' direction to walk in/exit the sceneI can't seem to get the right ring on the right finger THREE times, and the list goes on and on! :lol:

Like for real, you new fans are SO lucky that you're getting like the extra extended 4K-Blu-Ray version of HB when I only had the VHS tape HB version. huhuhu #jelly!. But we all know that that is only because Jinnie is included in this new limited HB edition. JINNIE NOT SOLD SEPARATELY. Enjoy it! You're getting one HELL of a DEAL, I tell ya! :lol::w00t:

It's like Jinnie not only totally demolished Binnie's "walls", she friggin' barged into his house, set up a camp, put her feet up on the coffee table, and said "HOLD MY BEER, BABE!" we're gonna be doing some updated remodeling on this HB house and you're gonna be even more awesome. :thumbsup:

I live for metaphors! lol He's acting like he's in his teens omg, it's hilarious. Even Yejin is surprised herself if you can see her face and her quip, "why are you like this, Ahjussi?" meaning he's all hyped up all of a sudden and it's weird lmao.  I just love Yejin though, she's still in her funny witty self (her vivacious laughter is contagious, I laugh when she laughs :lol:), but mind you, there's no vanity, nor whiff of ego at all.  Even when HB was only teasing about having no problem with his looks, Yejin was like, "isn't anybody have some sort of insecurity about themselves at some point?" or something like that.  And when they were trying to compliment each other, she went straight to groupie mode so he won't suspect and HB was all serious and sincere with his haha, but husband doesn't want to lose from wifey either so he addressed her in an old moniker.   I just love both of them- they are like the parents that I never had. lol 

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, RiRiGaGa said:

Like for real, you new fans are SO lucky that you're getting like the extra extended 4K-Blu-Ray version of HB when I only had the VHS tape HB version. huhuhu #jelly!. But we all know that that is only because Jinnie is included in this new limited HB edition. JINNIE NOT SOLD SEPARATELY. Enjoy it! You're getting one HELL of a DEAL, I tell ya! :lol::w00t:

It's like Jinnie not only totally demolished Binnie's "walls", she friggin' barged into his house, set up a camp, put her feet up on the coffee table, and said "HOLD MY BEER, BABE!" we're gonna be doing some updated remodeling on this HB house and you're gonna be even more awesome. :thumbsup:

LOL, Okay, so sue me, I love to talk in metaphors! :phew: :D

:joy::joy::joy:

I forgot I did cardio yesterday and some core exercises my muscle hurts from laughing so hard. Ouch! You got me at "HOLD MY BEER, BABE!"

I knew Hyun Bin way back MNIKSS time and SEGA time coz my mum had a huge crush on him and she owned the television. Fangirling hasn't been coined back then but that was what my mum was doing. So out of her stern character. She said HB is handsome. I didn't see it. And now, this version of HB makes me forget about Le Boyfriend sometimes esp now I see more of HB than him. :joy: So, I understand now what my mum had seen. HB, the GGW is real! But you're right. The 4k-Blu-Ray version of him is gold because Ye Jin is with him. I love it! :wub: 

Sheesh.. Fangirling without coffee is more dangerous. I better get coffee. 

@RiRiGaGa If you keep adding witty comments on your post, I will keep on editing mine, too, coz I can't stop laughing. Have mercy! My muscles in my stomach hurt. That's agony! If only I have known you will be writing that up today, I shouldn't have done core. :joy:

• Like 6
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

Ahh!! cover my ears b/c I don't want to hear 'Gookie' oppa, "This is scam! Don't get fooled by her eye smile" pout pout, I'm a business savvy, highly intelligent CEO yet I'm bad at math and can't compute how old a 'middle school girl' would be now and I also cannot compute what the appropriate amount of personal space between me and my close friend should be,"I like negative space!" even though I pretended to work for the whole time but hey it's b/c she took all the good stickers!, a bear holding an umbrella sticker is the same thing as a crash landing parachute right? who cares, it's cute, the only pictures I own now are seflies, heyy my photo-taking skills are good too! Let me see hers! pout pout, I'm 37 going on 17 (maybe that's why I'm aging like a damned fine wine)....and the list goes on and on! :lol:

I wonder what the inside joke is with the "Gookie Oppa" thingy? He looked squirmish lol.  And 37 going on 17 sounds about right! lol.  He's a trooper though because when mommy  koala Yejin tried to climb him like a eucalyptus tree, he just stood there holding her no matter how exhausting it is (he did drop her to catch his breath lmao) and when she crashed onto him like a freight train and they look like they are going to barrel around together he held her tight and regained their footing to stop themselves from rolling down the Swiss Alps together.  :wub:

And also the on the spot math algebra lmao- even if you are genius, it's going to take a while. I take it he wants to show off his math skills but failed terribly lol. Plus if you are in front of your crush, you fumble anxiously to gather your wit and it's almost impossible to get the correct answer. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

BinJin said in this interview that they both watched each other movies in Sep 2018

Couch Talk interview and Pong Game in around Oct 2019

So, sure they know about each other’s projects

HB said that they were close on Sep 2018 interview 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, cgb1108 said:

Still curious about how SYJ has been barely visible after CLoY wrap-up party - a couple of CFs, the IG thumbs up pic for frontliners, & will not even consider the voice-over for Baeksang Awards since it was taken from CLoY.  She looks healthy from the IG post. She's close to her actress-friends but no dinner out post with them on IG.  Her friend, Choi Ji Woo's baby shower only showed pic of the expectant mom, but I will bet my last dollar, all the Cinderella gal-pals were there.  

I think YJ needs some proper rest after continous working since 2018. I repost an article shared on SYJ thread by Helena. 

SYJ had more than 10 scripts to choose from at the same time and how much effort a director needs to make to have her in his movie. She chose scripts/ characters over polular directors (Me: she is a potential director herself)

“Son Ye Jin is very in-demand; she’s one of the very few actresses in Chungmuro with drawing power.  Even before CLOY, she had more than 10 scripts to review and choose from. She needs time to pick projects, there is no need to worry”

“The Tower’ Movie (2012)

Sol Kyung-gu (SYJ’s costar in The Tower - one of Korean cinema’s greatest actors of all-time, ‘Silmido’ - Korea’s 1st movie to sell more than 10 million tickets) 

said that it took a lot of efforts to get Ye-Jin to join the cast. In order to get her to appear in the film, SKG and director Kim Ji-hoon had to do all sorts of tricks. After eating with her for the 1st time, they took the representatives to go for the 2nd time. She was filming “Spellbound” at that time, director Kim went to that set almost every day to invite her to eat. When she’s in Seoul, both SKG and director Kim invited her.  Overall, being able to have her to appear in this film was really not easy (he said).

[Ye-Jin mentioned in interviews that she chose her projects based on (1) the script and (2) character, director & cast come later. That’s why she worked with many 1st time directors; considered one of the very few actresses in Chungmuro with box office drawing power, many famous directors tried casting her in their productions but couldn’t]

2017 Grand Bell Film Awards: Ye-Jin presented Best Actor to Sol Kyung-gu for ‘The Merciless’.  He won all sorts of acting awards over the years.

ps: Sol Kyung-gu is Yoonah’s husband (SYJ’s close friend)

62C55E34-98F9-413E-B613-55E755915118.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2

5 hours ago, Felizak@t said:

:joy::joy::joy:

I forgot I did cardio yesterday and some core exercises my muscle hurts from laughing so hard. Ouch! You got me at "HOLD MY BEER, BABE!"

I knew Hyun Bin way back MNIKSS time and SEGA time coz my mum had a huge crush on him and she owned the television. Fangirling hasn't been coined back then but that was what my mum was doing. So out of her stern character. She said HB is handsome. I didn't see it. And now, this version of HB makes me forget about Le Boyfriend sometimes esp now I see more of HB than him. :joy: So, I understand now what my mum had seen. HB, the GGW is real! But you're right. The 4k-Blu-Ray version of him is gold because Ye Jin is with him. I love it! :wub: 

Sheesh.. Fangirling without coffee is more dangerous. I better get coffee. 

@RiRiGaGa If you keep adding witty comments on your post, I will keep on editing mine, too, coz I can't stop laughing. Have mercy! My muscles in my stomach hurt. That's agony! If only I have known you will be writing that up today, I shouldn't have done core. :joy:

So sorry, @Felizak@t !! I just can't stop throwing these sweet BinJin candies, maybe I had too many that my tummy got sick but they just keep coming out. Lol! I guess anything to distract myself from chest tubes and pneumonia and TB treatment! :bawling: I will try to take it easy and have mercy on your poor abs though as I must get going soon. lol Go you! Doing cardio ab workouts! So ambitious! The struggle the next day though is super rough! Omo, that's super adorable that your mom has been fangirling over HB before fangirling was even a thing. How progressive hip of her! He surely is GGW. I'm happy you saw the HB light and also connected to the SYJ switch. Poor bf, it's hard to compete for attention with GGW's on 4k-Blu-Ray on your screen lol. Your cat doesn't mind though! lol My pups watch K-dramas with me. I've largely ignored my hubby too ever since CLOY started and our Netflix account seems to be perpetually stuck on CLOY repeats. We even struck a deal that if he watches CLOY with me, I'll watch a show of his choosing, fair trade. I've already suckered him into watching TN and Confidential Assignment muahaha, he shall be a converted BinJin shipper soon enough. That's my grand plan. Hehe

Anywho, SO friggin' stoked for the Baeksang Awards! But I'm afraid to almost discuss it too much because I'm trying to temper down my wishful predictions/expectations! 

I really hope with the way that they framed the trailer and bookending it like that with CLOY gems and SYJ's voiceover, that's a sign of good things to come. It would be super sweet for SYJ to earn the Daesang for her 20 yr. anniversary. Definitely well-deserved and overdue indeed! IDK, as we've discussed/seen before, Baeksang Daesang does like to look at many factors that includes the versatility and diversity within the acting and though I haven't watched TWOTM or really any of the other shows due to CLOY's repeat on loop, you can't deny that SYJ's character changes a whole lot in CLOY. She hit comedy, fear, fish-out-water struggling, loneliness, and of course her bread and butter, melodrama. She was constantly dynamic in her performance and showed us so many layered sides of Se-Ri. I think this dynamic transitioning and versatility in her character has a really good shot at winning because it reminds me a lot of when HB won his Daesang for Secret Garden, I think he won because the merits of his character was the same way, it was constantly shifting from one genre to the next from impeccable comedy to intense melo-acting. If range is what they might base it on, then I think SYJ has a good shot if they interpret her character as a whole. If they just watch the scene where they both separate at the NK-SK separation line and judge it just from that, it'll be game over..might as well print her name on the award now! Heck, print both of their names now because that scene was killer! Her trembling, crying lips and his calm reassuring, tear down the cheek, "You were like a gift and I'm grateful for that!" Come the heck on! If you don't completely fall apart after watching that, you've gotta be dead inside! Yo Baeksangs, we shippers need that glam selfie! Don't let us down!

Looking forward to hopefully seeing both of them! It's too big of a night and this is too memorable/special of a project for them not to. Maybe SYJ is laying low because Ms. Fashion designer has to carefully plan out the perfect gown so that she can sneakily take another selfie with Mr. Broad Shoulder Suit Fit for her IG. She also might have been purposefully keeping her IG clutter free so this Baeksang victory snap post will stand out even more. I'm gonna keep thinking my happy delulu thoughts as I cross my fingers for them. :) Hmm I wonder if the lead male and female co-stars from the same show has ever won together? Anybody know?

As for best drama, CLOY has also had the most global appeal and buzz and that's massively due to BinJin chemistry. Parasite is riding out the wave of its global appeal and sweeping up all the awards so why not CLOY too? In light of what the world is going through right now with COVID, CLOY's heartwarming theme of love and unity in all forms definitely does make for a pretty buzz-worthy headline. They also have the most nominees in each of acting categories so clearly it was an ensemble effort all around. 

IDK, that trailer's setup is interesting though. Wishing them all the best! All well-deserving! 

• Like 3
  • Love 16
  • Awesome 2

@UPSGirl Ah, the "Gookie Oppa" inside joke is that SYJ adored him from his very first debut drama was in the series, "Ireland," where get this, he plays a BODYGUARD and his wife Lee Na Young in the show used to koala-bear hop on his Kang Gook character when he returns from long work trips. This is probably why I think mommy Koala-bear-hopping Jinnie kept hopping on him like that because she got hidden inspiration from somewhere *wink wink*. So he was covering his ears because he didn't want to be fooled anymore by her insincere comment of tricking by calling him "Gookie Oppa!" which made him think it was a really young girl b/c SYJ is technically supposed to be his "noona" since she's older than him but she won't allow him to call her "noona." (wonder why :phew:). Therefore, "Gookie Oppa" pouty-like covered his ears because he didn't want to be fooled any longer. :lol:  "Gookie Oppa" was pouty because he thought her comment was just BS but then changed his tune when Meloqueen "Don't call me noona but I will buy you good food and beer" SYJ promised that she will always be his sincere fan. I do find it funny/odd that his sincere fan somehow watched Ireland which was quite a strange drama (acquired taste) and didn't get high ratings, yet she somehow did not watch the show that catapulted him into super mega-stardom, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, which as someone had already mentioned had more than HALF of Korea watching at the time (50+ % ratings which are astronomical and almost unheard of today). But it's ok because she somehow still knew that his nickname in the MNISS was Sam Shikkie. I mean she also somehow knew his TVN TV channel was 20 and knew that he likes taking showers at jjimjilbang b4 coming on set b/c he likes to be super clean, so apparently she must just have magical guessing powers I suppose. :phew:

Yes, it was sweet that Daddy Eucalyptus tree never let her go over and over again because mommy Koala-bear SYJ did scold him in the Taiwan Netflix interview for letting go of her hand during the parachute run and losing her while she fell. He felt super guilty. You better believe that he will never let go of her pretty hands again though. Daddy HB is many things but forgetting what what mommy SYJ says is not of them. OMG, they would make the most hilarious parents taking turns cracking those corny mommy & daddy jokes. :lol:

Oh gosh, I need to get back to work studying for my nursing exam. This forum is like a deep, dark vortex hole I can't get out of! 

Haha, Mommy Koala really loves to tease Daddy Eucalyptus tree. Lmao.  I can't with these two. Your explanation made the math calculation even more hilarious because he really stepped right into the trap thinking it was from a fan that he even wants to know how old she is right now. Muhahaha. And I can't believe how YJ can still put up a straight poker face after hearing him seriously wax poetic himself in response to the compliment.  If I was her, I would have howled myself to laughter like there's no tomorrow. LMAO.  And his reaction was priceless as if he can believe it himself getting tricked so easily, his face was like, WTF?! I want to know who were your accomplices! :lol: What's funnier is no one helped, it was all the slick and mischievous mother Koala. And she did it in a way that nobody even the victim himself would suspect.  Well played Mommy Koala Yejin, well played! 

You know, now that you mentioned it, she did know so much about him. From his shower habits down to his personal remote.  Seriously, how on earth would you know that he goes to the sauna first before taking a shower? Unless you (a) saw it yourself (b) you joined him once or a couple of times  or (3) he is intimate enough to tell you. Hmmm. Wink wink nudge nudge. But I tell you this, she loves smelling his hair. LMAO.

Maybe that's why they didn't go with the koala-hop-straddling-the-tall-eucalyptus-tree (I can't stop laughing at the image when she jumped into him wrapping her legs around him and he was just standing there frozen lmao) in the end because it will look so much like "Ireland" when they are in Switzerland. *badum dum tsss*  :lol: and welcome to the vortex, I pretty much live here and here you go!  *throws a jacket at you* :tounge_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, cgb1108 said:

She looks healthy from the IG post. She's close to her actress-friends but no dinner out post with them on IG.  Her friend, Choi Ji Woo's baby shower only showed pic of the expectant mom, but I will bet my last dollar, all the Cinderella gal-pals were there.  

SYJ’s group of friends have not yet posted any photos of them hanging out together. I guess some of them are busy with their own dramas/ cooking books.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think SYJ/ her friends group - 7 Cinderellas are close with Choi Ji Woo. 

• Like 2