[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

Again, let's trust our Korean Friends here and sharing mt 2-cents as an Entertainment writer in my country. The rule of thumb is if the source of information is not from a credible news site in Korea, do not bother to believe right away. Things are blown out of proportion if not most of the time. News agencies usually sell content to credible news agencies in other countries for foreign news. This is how Agence France Presse (AFP), Associated Press (AP), Reuters, etc do that's why your credible news comes in the same hour wherever you are in the whole world, thanks to News Agencies. That is Journalism 101. 

In the case of our BinJin, I believe there is no local news agency as big as AFP or AP or Reuters in SoKor that is why most of the big news channels link their relevant news content to news channels outside Korea. This is where major news channels across South East Asia, US, and other plqces with good contration of Koreans as main audience gets their news. So lesson 101: Trust the news channels ONLY. Even if Im a solid shipper, I dont just write whatever I find here and contribute an article to my editor even when CLOY was airing. Why? CREDIBILITY OF SOURCE is the number one validation asked by my editor. Regardless how juicy the scoop is, we cant just publish anything if it's not straight from the horse's mouth. Anything that is not verified is a speculation and therefore should not be distributed by our news agency as a fact-checked news. 

Dispatch, not aware of entertainment news portal in Korea, but so far my work persona and my shipper persona has a fine line. I believe what I see and good thing it is not my responsibility to write about it. Hahaha

Again, I rest my case. Please be a mindful and smart shipper as we always are. :) This doesnt apply to shipping alone but to ANY NEWS that you will encounter today and in the future. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

On the topic of Baeksang, I was backreading and I saw the English translation gone wrong badly! 

Its going to be held at Kintex in IIsan with NO audiences (not unattended) for the prevention of the virus. You can catch the event live on JTBC

• Insightful 2
  • Thanks 12

Wow I left for the weekend and the thread is this long already. 

Re. Dispatch, Ok it’s a legit news outlet. But personally the information is nothing new, really. Am more focused on the intent of the article, which I think is more on gauging response on people in general, ie if people are still interested on these two. Who knows, one day there will be another set of news that they will release on them both IDK. I don’t go much into details of the content because well, nothing much to be talked about. Maybe to test the market and how they would react to it. God knows what sort of news will be out there one day but in a way yeah, to see the interest.

Clearly the interest is there, although wow, the extent of analysis here... it can be someone’s thesis or something. It’s pretty straightforward, really - nothing major.

People get too riled up very easily because of lack of content - which is understandable given the current situation. But to be honest, is it worth it to spend so much energy and time to be so... idk, intense in reviewing them verbatim? IDK. I’m maybe too simple but yeah, sometimes looking at it from a simpler perspective helps.

As for tonight’s brouhaha... (too many posts I can’t quote each and every one of you) in the end, it’s all speculations. People will believe what they want to believe at the end of the day. We don’t know what’s going on behind the screen and even if there is someone who knows somewhat on either side of BinJin, I doubt such info will be available that easily. It’s like close to reach the fourth wall already and as fans, I think it is best to remain cautious. At the end of the day, these ppl are human, and humans do have feelings and they do make mistakes.

Therefore, to be really safe, just read, watch and listen to info which come from credible sources, ie proper media outlets. Save yourselves from unnecessary headaches and heartaches. Just don’t bother spending more time on those - at best it’s just yet another speculation.

K-media are particular on any news and it should come from them first. 

Wow this is getting too long of a rant - I should stop now and call it a day already. Hope this helps - I’ll write more if I feel like it. So many series to watch, so little time!

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Binjin2Ri said:

I found the most recent conversation quite disturbing. Why are there always people who constantly try to put seeds of doubts and bring morale down in our shipping? This shipping forum is a happy place for most of us Binjin believers, we need to stay strong and stay on course.

Any random speculations from fans or questionable/unverified sources should be discarded straight away and please do not share it in this forum. 

That’s why I said earlier let’s ignore wild speculations from fans/unverified sources and not post them here as it’s killing the mood.

When someone does post something here from sns from unverified sources,  if anyone wish to comment, just dm the poster and the rest of us can just continue on as normal with our happy shipping. 

Most of us here ship BinJin not because of Cloy but because we can see and feel that their off screen interactions scream ‘a couple’ vibe or at least very close, with a closeness and intimacy that is imo abnormal to just be friends. It goes beyond the boundaries of just being friends. Like the journalists who observed them said, there are many pink bubbles when Binjin are together. 

We’ll pray and wait desperately for legit and confirmed news updates. Until then, let’s continue with happy thoughts for our lovely couple everyone! :)

• Like 4
  • Love 4

43 minutes ago, Chewy said:

On the topic of Baeksang, I was backreading and I saw the English translation gone wrong badly! 

Its going to be held at Kintex in IIsan with NO audiences (not unattended) for the prevention of the virus. You can catch the event live on JTBC

Do you know where I can watch from Europe? I am based in the UK. 

5 minutes ago, Binjin2Ri said:

Do you know where I can watch from Europe? I am based in the UK. 

Oh wow, I believe there would be a dedicated YouTube channel from JTBC just for Baeksang if you can catch the timing it starts at 5pm KST. If there isn’t, then get a strong internet connection and tap on to any streaming website that allows you to watch JTBC channel. Hope this helps you well!! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, polkadots said:

Again, let's trust our Korean Friends here and sharing mt 2-cents as an Entertainment writer in my country. The rule of thumb is if the source of information is not from a credible news site in Korea, do not bother to believe right away. Things are blown out of proportion if not most of the time. News agencies usually sell content to credible news agencies in other countries for foreign news. This is how Agence France Presse (AFP), Associated Press (AP), Reuters, etc do that's why your credible news comes in the same hour wherever you are in the whole world, thanks to News Agencies. That is Journalism 101. 

In the case of our BinJin, I believe there is no local news agency as big as AFP or AP or Reuters in SoKor that is why most of the big news channels link their relevant news content to news channels outside Korea. This is where major news channels across South East Asia, US, and other plqces with good contration of Koreans as main audience gets their news. So lesson 101: Trust the news channels ONLY. Even if Im a solid shipper, I dont just write whatever I find here and contribute an article to my editor even when CLOY was airing. Why? CREDIBILITY OF SOURCE is the number one validation asked by my editor. Regardless how juicy the scoop is, we cant just publish anything if it's not straight from the horse's mouth. Anything that is not verified is a speculation and therefore should not be distributed by our news agency as a fact-checked news.

Dispatch, not aware of entertainment news portal in Korea, but so far my work persona and my shipper persona has a fine line. I believe what I see and good thing it is not my responsibility to write about it. Hahaha

Again, I rest my case. Please be a mindful and smart shipper as we always are. :) This doesnt apply to shipping alone but to ANY NEWS that you will encounter today and in the future

Am replying to this separately because I think my earlier post was too long and my points might be everywhere there so here we go.

Key media can be from news outlet - so many to list down here, Dispatch, OSEN, Newsen, Chosun Ilbo etc etc etc... Broadcasting channels are aplenty: KBS, SBS, MBC or cable ones like TVN, JTBC, Channel A... the list goes on. Entertainment shows running from those channels, sections after sections from print and digital outlet, the list goes on. The bigger companies do have control over their media channels and it might not work as similar to Reuters or AP. Each country has their own media business model, in this regard and it might differ from one to another.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

i don't really want to talk about that fella again, but you see, if someone who is really close to them, they would not reveal sth that would bring harm or inconvenience to their friend,

Like pyo chi su( yang kyung won), when the reporter ask him if he really know the deal between binjin, he just answered he don't really know, but it was like my eyes got cleansed when i see them together as they look good together :D

That is much trusted person to believe

• Like 9
  • Love 1

On 4/30/2020 at 9:35 PM, jinjin said:

Son Ye-jin, who bought an old building, and Hyun Bin, who built a new construction for 2.7 billion won

Two people who were loved by dramas this year in the age of drought. 'CLOY" ended with a happy ending. They continue their happy ending in real estate investment as in the drama.

Source: https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2077250#_DYAD

Published Date: 2020.04.27 | Edit: 2020.04.29 

Hi guys, sorry if I have given you all some false hope on BinJin’s good news.

I have found the original post of the above article which was shared/ posted on Naver on 24/4/20, copyright: Moneyground 

Then Dispatch reposted the article on 27/4/20 and edited it on 29/4/20

Moneyground/ Naver Source: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=28061785&memberNo=42198376

Although Dispatch just reposted the article but I believe they already know something about BinJin

• Like 7

2 hours ago, flailingfangirl said:

Re. Dispatch, Ok it’s a legit news outlet. But personally the information is nothing new, really. Am more focused on the intent of the article, which I think is more on gauging response on people in general, ie if people are still interested on these two. Who knows, one day there will be another set of news that they will release on them both IDK. I don’t go much into details of the content because well, nothing much to be talked about. Maybe to test the market and how they would react to it. God knows what sort of news will be out there one day but in a way yeah, to see the interest.

I'm with you on this.

I mentioned this before. Dispatch to SK is like TMZ to the US. Entertainment news may be the least trusted form of news due to its nature and content but it's still a form of news, in the same manner as there is political news, human interest news, sports, etc. I remember when TMZ became the first to report on Kobe Bryant's death. The ethics behind it was debated on and discussed especially since TMZ is known to back up its reports and scoops with hard evidence. But I digress.

There is always an intent behind every article published, new or recycled. Very rarely that an established entertainment media outlet would recycle news for the sake of using it as a mere filler especially when there are plenty of other content that they could use on the same topic. An example is when someone here said that they could have very well used Kim Tae Hee and her real estate investments instead of BinJin since she's the one who has had a more recent but equally successful Netflix drama.

What their specific intent is for publishing an old topic, we can only guess. But in general, it's safe to say it's always to gauge the people's response on it.

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse. :sweatingbullets: I solemnly promise this will be the last time I'll talk about that article. :sweatingbullets: 

But then, to be fair, I'll always go back to saying that I agree there are equally valid and legitimate points regarding the different impressions of the Dispatch article we have in this thread. And I'm glad we have people here who can open all of us to many different perspectives so that we don't have a one-sided approach to things. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Binjin2Ri said:

I hope Jinnie will wear something like this at Baeksang award this year and knock everyone’s socks off! She looked so beautiful :wub:

Yes, there is a fancam version of that event. Fans cheered so loud when YJ arrived at the red carpet. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

32 minutes ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

I'm with you on this.

And I mentioned this before. Dispatch to SK is like TMZ to the US. Entertainment news may be the least trusted form of reliable news due to its nature and content but it's still a form of news, in the same manner as there is political news, human interest news, sports, etc. I remember when TMZ became the first to report on Kobe Bryant's death. The ethics behind it was debated on and discussed especially since TMZ is known to back up its reports and scoops with hard evidence. But I digress.

There is always an intent behind every article published, new or recycled. This I know because of my dad's background both as a journalist and as a political strategist when he was still alive. I could go on and on with my background but all I can say is, very rarely that an established entertainment media outlet would recycle news for the sake of using it as a mere filler especially when there were other content that they could use on the same topic. An example is when someone here said that they could have very well used Kim Tae Hee and her real estate investments instead of BinJin since she's the one who has had a more recent but equally successful Netflix drama.

What their intent is for publishing an old topic, we can only guess.

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse. :sweatingbullets: I solemnly promise this will be the last time I'll talk about this one. :sweatingbullets: 

But then, to be fair, I'll always go back to saying that I agree there are equally valid and legitimate points regarding the different impressions of the Dispatch article we have in this thread. And I'm glad we have people here who can open all of us to many different perspectives so that we don't have a one-sided approach to things. :)

Totally agree on the intent. It may be old news but BinJin is still relevant that is why it was published. There are several actors and actresses who have the same if not more investment. Why BinJin as a subject? Only the editorial team knows :)

My thoughts on why BinJin were featured as subjects making them newsworthy (Taken from the 8 values of news)

1. They create Impact 

2. They have the prominence

3. The story has currency (Value)

4. There is human interest with the subject and the topic (Investment of celebrities and the business they do outside film or tv)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

(I'm a silent reader here) Grocery shoppers should never use any negative information from unreliable sources & then discuss it here (i won't mention what info im referring to). These sources also speculate as we speculate. They don't have facts. What's laughable is that they pronounce utterly ridiculous, absurd & implausible information about binjin individually or as a couple, resulting in downscaled spirits for some of us. It's more beneficial if in this forum we stick to the age-old shipping formulas like discussing their BTSs, coincidences, good news, etc. plus fervent prayers & hopefulness for BINJIN.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Recycled or not. Speculation or truth. What sets this forum apart from other fan sites that I visited before becoming a BINJIN shipper is that, each of us always strive to only deal with facts ( with occasional delulu immersion. We are shippers afterall :)). We can hold our horses if need be specially if new information and legit sources are being offered. Unlike those that I've seen when all of these were just novelty to me, they were "fighting" and I believe they still are, based on he says/she says emotions like tabloid papers. Too exhausting. 

It's always nice to read (while drinking americano) that shippers here are using their brains and not just blindly wishing for 2 people to be together. No wonder a lot of lurkers and those with dampen shipper spirits come here to seek solace and "clarity". It's only here that I saw every phrase, every line, every paragraph, every still, every gif, every video, every possible translation that are "doubtful" are discussed to make sure we don't fall into the pit of delulu all the time.

I never expected that a simple curiosity would lead me to fall for BINJIN dynamics. Not in a million years have I imagined living this secret life. My friend yesterday kindly warned me that I am getting too deep into shipping. :) It's okay. I put a "leash on my neck" when I decided to become a shipper in February so that my cat could pull me back to reality when I am going overboard (like still lurking here when it's already his meal time :lol:).

Bottomline, I realized that we can always choose to ship 2 people with grace like professionals (delulu mode accepted). :) When the outside world opens it door again and I hear antis or misguided shippers talking ill about our BINJIN, I will just stare and look them in the eye hoping they will be scared and whisper "evil be gone" :lol: (I can also act well through my eyes, you know). That's my game plan. ;)

P.S Worship leader yesterday said that when we are already feeling weary and exhausted, go back from the start when the fire was ignited. So, for some us who can no longer contain this deprivation, go back to the time when you decided to become a BINJIN shipper. Everything will make sense again. :)

@Binjin2Ri Thanks for the daily dose of candies, girl. :wub:

• Like 12
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 2