[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

@blue velvet I tend to agree. Most actors don't determine how much they loved a project based on how well it did in the ratings but by the experience itself, the script, fellow actors they worked with, etc... I have never heard HB talk negatively about a previous project even if it wasn't a ratings hit. Where CLOY stacks up amongst his various projects he will tell us one day I'm sure. It reminds me of their Kakao Live talk when discussing CLOY ratings, when HB was wishing for 22%, SYJ said it didn't matter because its outside of their control. SYJ also previously talked about how the TN box office wasn't what they expected either. I dont think low ratings or box office numbers taint the experience or enjoyment of the project itself. 

• Like 8
  • Love 6

10 minutes ago, QueenieBee said:

SYJ also previously talked about how the TN box office wasn't what they expected either. I dont think low ratings or box office numbers taint the experience or enjoyment of the project itself. 

@QueenieBeecan you share when SYJ commented on TN box office?  I guess TN did less well than was generally expected given the star power, not sure why.  But it's not something actors can control as they say, and there are any number of factors that affect box office/ratings and popularity is not always a reflection of quality either.  Maybe the premise of TN wasn't that appealing to Korean audiences, maybe they prefer seeing these star actors in more familiar kind of roles.  From the pov of trying something new kind of role and new kind of filming, I thought TN did that for both actors.  It's a treat that we as an audience got to enjoy HB/SYJ acting as both adversaries in TN and lovers in CLOY with such a contrast in characters and tone and story.  I saw zero trace of their other character in both pieces of work with each other, so applaud these fantastic actors. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Seriya said:

@QueenieBeecan you share when SYJ commented on TN box office?  I guess TN did less well than was generally expected given the star power, not sure why.  But it's not something actors can control as they say, and there are any number of factors that affect box office/ratings and popularity is not always a reflection of quality either.  Maybe the premise of TN wasn't that appealing to Korean audiences, maybe they prefer seeing these star actors in more familiar kind of roles.  From the pov of trying something new kind of role and new kind of filming, I thought TN did that for both actors.  It's a treat that we as an audience got to enjoy HB/SYJ acting as both adversaries in TN and lovers in CLOY with such a contrast in characters and tone and story.  I saw zero trace of their other character in both pieces of work with each other, so applaud these fantastic actors. 

TN was supposedly released earlier than the actual release date. Due to the sexual harassment controversy of Choi Il-hwa, TN had to drop him and re-shoot his scenes, delaying the release. TN was then scheduled for release around Chuseok holidays and was clashed with competitors like Jo In-sung's the Great Battle and Cho Seung-woo's Fengshui, and yeah all of them starred in the Classic! Audiences sort of chose to watch just one of the 3 films during "the battle of the grown-up stars of the Classic". Not just TN, the competitors did not do as great as expected either. The Great Battle, invested heavily in production and expected to turn into a blockbuster, just surpassed the breakeven point. Fengshui's box office was more or less about that of TN, not being able to surpass the breakeven point.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

5 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

So does that mean she should be the Meryl Streep of South Korea? As we know whenever Metryl Streep is nominated especially for an Oscar, she always wins.

Just have to chime quickly in here. This is actually one of the biggest misconceptions in Hollywood. You would be surprised that even with all the accolades and the unforgettable films she has done, Meryl Streep has ONLY WON THREE OSCARS

THREE!!!

Whenever she gets nominated, people constantly complain about how it's all Meryl, all the time. But it's really not. Out of the total 21 nominations she has received, she's only won three times. That's a batting average of .142, which is pretty bad.

To put it in more perspective, the last time she has won was in 2012 for The Iron Lady. Before that? It was in 1983 for Sophie's Choice. 1983!!!!

Sorry guys, I just try to correct this misconception whenever and wherever I see it. Meryl is probably the greatest actress ever, but even at her level she is highly underrated.

Carry on!!!!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Felizak@t said:

As for my cat, you know we were in Jordan. He didn't waste any time. He made sure he wouldn't match Bin-ssi.

Welcome back! We missed you almost as much as we missed Binnie! Hope you both are healthy and strong after such tiresome trip. Thanks for the BinJin phone updates! they were hilarious.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@slowpoked oh really was it only 3? :lol: Why does it always seem like she wins more.. Maybe it's this whole misconception. I only thought more of Meryl recently because her daughters look like they could be twins :lol: even though they are 3 years apart - I remember that always throwing me off in the past. Then I noticed Meryl's birthday is in June like Nicole Kidman. Meryl's birthday is June 22 and Nicole's birthday is June 20. I know random thoughts I have been having of great actresses in Hollywood :lol: Maybe I am thinking of more Hollywood lately since Jinnie might still positively decide to do The Cross. Who knows if Binnie will finally decide to do a Hollywood related movie soon. They both turned down offers in the past :lol: I guess another thing he can do while in quarantine if he wants to be productive is read scripts. However, I hope he relaxes during quarantine, I feel like he was working too hard in Jordan. 

Binnie, it's your birthday month. Please don't work too hard now until after the month is over? Maybe? :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, Last Delulu Standing said:

I really don't exactly know what you are refering to because I don't read and mostly block the antis acounts in the SNS. But there are some people out there, (because they are not as much as they claim to be), that are just derrange, boiling with envy. In desperate need of profesional therapy.

Those people are not even true fans, they are just sasaengs, worst than the antifans. An actor would never hate his most famous work to the day,(even more than SG, and only his fans remember WW,not a world recognize drama), the work that made him a household name outside Korea and Asia, A drama that is being recognize in all continents of the world, I'm from the Caribbean, part of Latin America, and I can asure you that this drama is a super hit in all Latin America, even in the USA, as a foreign language drama has its recognition. One of the top dramas of Netflix in all parts of the world. If HB don't like the drama, he would not be asociate with it in any way, including the captain Ri references of Bench, more less the Smart comercials where SYJ is another spokeperson implying the relationship of Seri and JH. They could say that he does it just for the money, but he has demostrated he is not driven by money. He enjoys and trust the brands he endorse. His few interviews after CLOY are amiable and full of references to his character and SYJ, that's not the indications of someone who hates CLOY.

Those sick people are just talking bull and we don't need to even make references to them, giving them our time and thoughts, they don't deserve it. IMO, they are the same bunch that spread the rumor HB debunked in 10 minutes. Desperate, unhinged and delutional bunch of loosers that are willing to drag their idol HB to the mud just to have him just for themselves, unfortunatly, he was never theirs. Not in the delutional way they want. Their power to do harm is limited by the good fans who are all making a fair good job by debunking their nonsense claims and letting the world know the real HB, one of the greatest stars of the Hallyu wave. A hard working, fan loving, kind and honest actor.  Fully compromise with all his works and delighted to bring joy to all throughout his acting, someone that loves to act and loves all his work.

On point! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@Seriya there was an article in HB's thread as to why the four big wiggies including The Negotiation , released during Chusok performed poorly against the high expectations at the box office..You see the competition was quite fierce and the reviews for all the 4 movies were also not exceptional.

Eventhough The Negotiation failed to meet its break-even point, it still managed to garner profit as it was sold overseas and performed decently.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

45 minutes ago, eLizza said:

@Seriya there was an article in HB's thread as to why the four big wiggies including The Negotiation , released during Chusok performed poorly against the high expectations at the box office..You see the competition was quite fierce and the reviews for all the 4 movies were also not exceptional.

Eventhough The Negotiation failed to meet its break-even point, it still managed to garner profit as it was sold overseas and performed decently.

Can I just say something that bothered me the entire time watching the movie The Negotiation? I liked it and all, and it was nice to see both SYJ and HB play in roles they don't usually do. And yes, for a non-love story, their chemistry was strong.

But all throughout the movie, they kept on harping about how SYJ was the best negotiator out there, and I just....didnt' see it.  *shrug*

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I think if they were to include the advertising money, DVDs, publicity, etc post CLOY for re-airing/streaming of the movie, The Negotiation, I would say they would be more than breakeven. With covid19, they can’t re-show the movie in the cinemas, but can stream the movie with advertisers.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

14 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Can I just say something that bothered me the entire time watching the movie The Negotiation? I liked it and all, and it was nice to see both SYJ and HB play in roles they don't usually do. And yes, for a non-love story, their chemistry was strong.

But all throughout the movie, they kept on harping about how SYJ was the best negotiator out there, and I just....didnt' see it.  *shrug*

I watched the negotiations 3x in a row and i understand why they say that SYJ was the best negatiator out there as she has to symphatize to the feeling of whom she is negotiating with ..with her soft and calm voice plus charm that helps her to convey the feelings of the vellain.  Only the process of negotiating were unsuccessful due to the inteference of her higher sobburdinates..

This is based on the movie which she was being compared with the other negotiators.  

• Like 8
  • Insightful 6

1 minute ago, Halinakorea said:

I watched the negotiations 3x in a row and i understand why they say that SYJ was the best negatiator out there as she has to symphatize to the feeling of whom she is negotiating with ..with her soft and calm voice plus charm that helps her to convey the feelings of the vellain.  Only the pricess of negotiating were unsuccessful due to the inteference of her higher sobburdinatesThis is based on the movie which she was being compared with the other negotiators.  

I guess when I first heard in the movie that SYJ was apparently the best negotiator they have, I was expecting something similar to Kevin Spacey's antics in The Negotiator. And it's not. *shrug*

Everyone knows that the negotiators' job is to minimize the damage as much as possible. That's why it's a highly special skill that not everyone in law enforcement is trained for. They have to call a specific person in for these types of situations. They cannot have the mentality of "shoot first, ask questions later" like some in the force do.

But two glaring things bothered me in the movie. In the first negotiation shown, she essentially got everyone killed. I KNOW IT'S NOT ALL HER FAULT. But IMO, she failed to diffuse the situation and calm the suspects down. She didn't even get one hostage trade before the sh*tshow happened.

And during the entire negotiation with HB, I felt like HB was always one step ahead of her, instead of the other way around. IIRC, even HB commented something to this point in saying, "I thought you were the best one out there, and this is all you got??" 

Other than that, the movie is good. LOL.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I agree her character was definitely not the best negotiator especially what kept on happening while she was trying to negotiate with Min Tae Gu :lol: Then she also didn't listen to them and went to go see Min Tae Gu in person to try to stop him.Then again, they didn't trust what she had told them and didn't listen to her because she was a woman? I don't know regardless I liked the end for her character. 

I can't blame Jinnie. Even I thought Binnie was cute at times while acting as Min Tae Gu. I could understand what she meant :lol: Also Min Tae Gu wanted to take her out for a drink and had to guess her bra size :lol: Too bad it didn't happen..

No wonder that one promo teaser that made it more like a rom com for fun :lol:

photo1007989.jpg

photo1001604.jpg

Now Binnie is the negotiator for Bargaining :lol:

:fullofhearts:

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

I just think that people will always have differences when watching a movie. I have watched The Negotiation too 3X and i like it because it presented a different angle and perspective plus different environment. It was a good thing that SYJ talked about how she would want a different presentation from what is common during her interview so i understood what stand she took. She is really a different actress . No wonder, she is multi-awarded and a box-office queen among all actresses from 2009 to

2019! I read a press review on The Negotiation in 2018 and it was not really bad because all the others especially the Big budgeted ones also failed in the expectations and SYJ (real wise and intellectual) said " it depends on situations like the competition and decisions made by the producers on timing". For her to comment like this, it showed her vast experience and learnings and this is one of the attraction factor for HB.

@Kari You are one of the contributors that make this forum COLOURFUL! It will be a loss if you decide to stay as a lurker. We have seen our cycles here ...up and down...but we are still together. I see some new ones but some came back...and that is good. Girl, you can DM us if you have issues. We will carry you out of the blues....Have Faith, ...Miracles happen!:blush: 

@ElectricHearts Wow! Thank you for all those factual presentations coming from your hard work! I am always appreciative of what you do and the dedication is admirable! 

There are too many info in SNS/SOCMed and be careful of what you will read because i know it can affect you. That happened to me while lurking around. Know the history of the person or team where the news is coming from. Of course there are always people here that can help and that is how we strengthened each other in this BinJin ship. Keep the Faith!

• Like 12
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 2