[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

What it is like working with them on set of CLOY :wub:

Throwback

0001155305_003_20200224185508798.jpg?typ

In addition, Tang Jun-sang said, “Son Ye-jin was laughing together at the set, but when she just entered the filming, she caught the emotion and shed tears immediately. Seeing that momentary immersion, I felt great. I was really good at acting, so I wanted to imitate it.” “Hyunbin hyung never put a script in my hand whenever I saw it. I always watched and practiced. I thought I was a pro after seeing the details of taking care of the smallest things. I learned a lot this time,” he admired. 

About Son Ye-jin and Hyun-bin, Tang Jun-sang said, “Every time I saw them at the set, I was spontaneously admired. Son Ye-jin's sister is really beautiful and pretty, and Hyun-bin's hyung is really handsome and cool.”  

I forgot what year this is from. I may have seen this in her thread. I don't recall now. 

how you know it's meant to be

Jinnie and Secret Garden here

@kpop-fans I don't think that is true. I haven't heard of these rumors. Regardless he immediately went into quarantine as that is what one is suppose to do when they arrive back and leave the airport. The policy is strict in Korea as well as other countries. 

Hope he is enjoying his bed (his bodyluv and mediheal products) and his TV etc... He is out of the Jordan heat .. Time to take care of his smooth skin and silky hair:lol:

:hwaiting2:

tn100days.jpg

:approves:

baeksang3.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3

I really enjoyed every moment of their interaction. Really I dnt understand those people who indulge themselves with negative vibes about them. Honestly at this point bringing up the argument of them not being in a relationship, trying to stamp negative thoughts about them not being together it's a boring argument of imature school kids who are not matured in things about love and relationships. This ship just needs you to add the dots together it's so obvious about them. I have a colleague in seoul they have made peace about them. Every one knows about them. U just dnt go grocery shopping in USA. 

• Like 14
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

7 hours ago, Kari said:

My thoughts on The Negotiation after having watched it twice. It's late where I'm at so I might be rambling a bit here. I should really go to sleep but I saw y'all talking about TN and I couldn't help it. If you really loved TN, I advise you to skip this post

I think SYJ did justice to her role HCY, but I rate her acting in TN as just above average lol Okay, she's my bias so of course I think she's never had a bad performance, but I rank her acting in different projects from "best" to "good, but with some flaws." I count TLP, CLOY, TTB, MWGM as her best performances. I have only a few of her shows left to watch. Her role in TN was limited by the script. HB's character MTG had more opportunities to shine because he was the villain. And I think TN was one of his best performances. Full disclosure, I haven't watched most of his shows, but I think he really shined in CLOY, Swindlers, TN, and MOTA. 

I

Spoiler

think TN's topic was actually really refreshing, especially having a female negotiator as the center of the film. But here's the my frustration: the script wasn't really written well and Director LJS was just too green. As much as I love him for being BinJin nation's matchmaker so he should pretty much be King in our hearts, I have to give my honest opinion. 

See, I grew up watching a bunch of Hong Kong action films, especially police/crime films. HK crime films were REALLY good (I use past tense because I now cry over the dismal HK film industry lol). When I was watching TN, my thoughts were if this was a HK film the writer/director would've changed the pace in the middle of the movie and introduced a twist or more.

Instead, Min Tae Gu asked for person after person and killed that corrupt police hostage and brought in a family? Lol And the police side just kept acting "surprised" each time. This whole "negotiating" dragged on until the end of the second act, and when MTG asked to meet another person for like the 3rd or 4th time, I just felt bored. Throughout the whole movie, he was definitely a step ahead of the police but it never really felt like he had the upper hand. Like if you have to make that many requests and kill some hostages AND bring in a family, dude, you're not scary, you're just throwing a tantrum and desperate. The police, especially a top negotiator, would've/should've saw through all of that and thought of creative ways to counter him.  

SYJ's character HCY could've been fleshed out more. Should've at least showed us examples, at least in mentioning, of what successful negotiations she's done in the past. But all we got was she could speak English better than her boss lmao. Her character pretty much stayed stagnant starting in the second act. 

And of course, MTG's purpose was to avenge his sister - a generic trope we've seen many times. And this was revealed near the end? Is this a last minute save to add humanity to his character and make us swoon over a hot and loving, family-oriented arms dealer? I mean, he trafficked arms, not little girls, so I guess he's fine! Plus he was avenging his younger sister! *swoon* I think this detail should've been revealed in the middle of the movie or towards the end of the second act, at least to us audience. By the time we found out the purpose (ok it's not like it wasn't a bit predictable that his actions had to do with the opening hostage taking scene), there was just so much to take in, too much happening, but too little time to process. The third act/ending was really rushed. By the time we gushed over how noble MTG actually is, we get a very brief encounter between HCY and MTG, and BAM, he died. and it was HCY who indirectly helped kill him :joy::joy::joy: girl, why did you have to stop him? he was burning those politicians' a**es. By the time MTG reached those politicians, there were only 18 mins left in the movie. 

So in the last 18 mins of the movie, we learned about MTG's true intentions through HCY, that he was actually in SK all along, he almost kills those corrupted officials, he expresses remorse for involving his sister (aww), HCY tells him to stop, BAM he dies, the officials get away, we get a very angry HCY trying to arrest them by yelling "you have the right to remain silent..." (LOL), and finally, a HCY swearing her oath in court (girl, you got him killed :triumph:) but we never got to see if those corrupted politicians got their deserve sentences...

So, what's the takeaway? Oh right, corrupt politicians bad. But we don't know if they're going to pay their way out of going to prison...:dizzy: 

Obviously, the real saving grace is HB and SYJ's chemistry through the screen. Their chemistry was the only thing that supported me through the long, dragged out middle part of the movie. Yes, I know it's called The Negotiation...but are we really supposed to sit there and watch over an hour of negotiating through a computer screen? It would've been more tolerable if there was new information being given, but it just felt like a rinse and repeat thing disguised as new information. 

I'm also fully aware that this might've been a budget issue, as it was LJS's first film. So keeping our two main (probably expensive) leads in the same film setting was probably the best, money wise. But as a result, a good 40-60 mins of the movie suffered. 

In conclusion, I think TN had a good and interesting first act, very long and dragged out second act, and a very rushed and unsatisfying third act/ending. It was LJS's first film, so a lot of elements of the film definitely felt like he was doing everything "by the book." BUT, TN was no where near terrible. I still liked it. I think for his debut, LJS did a satisfactory job. I hope he is given more chances in the future. If he does he'll definitely improve. I mean, even Bong Joon Ho's first film was pretty bad, according to him. 

Haha I hope no one starts hating me for this. I'm open to criticisms :) 

LOL, you summed up all my feelings about the movie much more eloquently than I ever could. I watched CLOY first BEFORE TN, and so I have the benefit of hindsight regarding their great work together in CLOY and was really looking forward to TN, because I was hungering for more HB/SYJ. So part of the letdown was probably that. 

I really liked The Negotiator movie because it emphasized a Kevin Spacey's character why he was a great negotiator. I really liked the parts where he played psychological chess against Samuel Jackson. Though obviously, I now have different feelings watching that movie (or any movie with Kevin Spacey in it).

I'm not a director or writer by trade, but if there were two things I would have done differently in the movie:

Spoiler

1. The first negotiation would have been a total bragging rights show of how SYJ was the best negotiator out there. It would not have anything to do with the plot later, but just show how freaking bada$$ she is. Like someone said, the description of her being "the best" essentially boiled down to "she can speak English". I'm sure the best negotiators out there have more qualities than just being able to speak English.

2. I would have made HB an outright villain - no redeeming quality, no underlying motive. His trade was being blocked/or law enforcement was closing him on in, and so he takes hostages just so he can guarantee his entire freedom. I was in the camp where I actually got disappointed when the "twist" of the sister thing was revealed, and I really didn't sympathize with HB because as you said, it's such a tired trope. One of my favorite villains ever was Tom Cruise in Collateral - just an outright, evil hitman/assassin who was out there to do his job and do his job well. Even when Jamie Foxx was trying to get some kind of insight as to why Tom Cruise acted the way he did, the movie doesn't fall into THAT trap. Tom Cruise essentially laughed him off.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, Kari said:

Haha I hope no one starts hating me for this.

@Kari thank you for this perspective.  I watched The Negotiation with the eyes of  a BinJin fan, not as one who is an admirer of the genre and not even as an admirer of their work as I must admit I have not seen too many.  I watched it  to see them both and their chemistry, to see where it all began.  

Because I don't really care about spoilers , prior to watching , I checked out reviews and I was disheartened that the movie did not garner stellar ones.  Rotten Tomatoes, rated it 60% while IMdB rates it 6.6/10.  The LA Times critic was even less forgiving.  He panned the movie citing it sluggish and that the actors had a "decided lack of chemistry"!  (LA Times, Sept. 20, 2018). Of course these reviews did not deter me from watching the movie.  And unlike the critic I could see nothing but great chemistry emanating from them.  I even felt sad that the HB character died even if he did kill all those people and was a bad guy to begin with.  

I will admit I am a bigger fan of their coupling IRL rather than of their individual works. Maybe that is why I thought The Negotiation was a wonderful movie.  Same reason I would never get tired of watching CLoY and watching all the BTS and FMVs related to them. I know I should work at being a better fan of their individual works as well.  

As a BinJin shipper, I want to thank you @lovelyzfor summing it all up- the reason why no matter how much doubt (or drought) is cast internally and more so externally, there is hard core evidence to back up why what we witness is just not a figment of our imagination, not for show, that BinJin is for real.  I like that you also mention about adjusting our expectations but at the same time keeping that positive vibes and focus. 

As @Peonyaptly states it, we are blessed as a fandom to have HB and SYJ as co-captains of this ship!:heart: 

Patiently waiting, praying and hoping....

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Throwback a day in Jordan....

Something never change...Binnie will always spotted with his cap, sleeveless shirt flexing his thicc biceps, short and track shoes in overseas:wub: :rolleyes::lol:

:Pandabulous:

203046-A0-EEAA-40-C5-A56-B-082-EAC902613

DC6-F274-E-5-F0-E-4-D88-8260-AE3-D7-F13-

68-CDFC0-F-C22-F-453-B-B0-B7-ACCA1-FB47-

Spoiler

B86-F906-F-689-A-4-C54-8-FD9-30-A919-A9-

Throw back a day in Swiss Aug 2019...

38-E5-C33-F-3059-45-B0-9-BFA-34-F261-B92

cr:weibo

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

Across The Universe (title that makes me think of space) :lol:

Yes Beatles songs but this movie musical which I am sure they watched in their past

cloyhands.jpg

Oh please, say to me

You'll let me be your man

And please, say to me

You'll let me hold your hand

Now let me hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

All you need is love love

Love is All you Need

:fullofhearts:

• Like 4

I watched The Negotiation with the eyes of  a BinJin fan, not as one who is an admirer of the genre. 

These words represent me. I watched CLOY first, and then TN. I only wanted to see BINJIN  again, and was not disappointed. As I watched, I had a ticker tape running thru my mind repeating “This is how they met...this is how they met”. :) :) :) 

I enjoyed the movie. A lot!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

Son Ye Jin won the Hallyu Best Actress, CLOY won as Best Hallyu Drama, Hyun Bin went back to South Korea from Jordan, why all of a sudden a lot of CLOY  new Bts and CLOY wrapped up party pictures resurfaces both on intagrams and twitter ? Isnt this a possible substitute of the liking spree done right after the BAA ? 

Aaahhh....I refused to make an analysis about this!

Yet! I strongly believe that---

ICBM!!!

Dang!

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 3

2 hours ago, Intuition1 said:

Are those pictures from Jordan? I thought the pictures were about him going to get tested in Korea.

I picked up fm weibo and the commentary said Jordan.  I do a translate of the korean words on the pic which means Jordan.  I just lurked back fm tweet and realised it was tweeting before I posted here and car to the covid 19 testing ctr to do the swap test yesterday after he landed didnt he?? Whether the results is positive or negative, he has alr started his 14 days quarantine since yesterday.  It takes 1-2 days for the results to be ready.  

HB PA gotten his covid 19 test result this afternoon (Sep13).

816-AEDB7-54-F6-4-FC9-B40-D-BF2-AB6-B363

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I remember it was said that the actual speeches from the live stream on Sept 10 Seoul Drama Awards is suppose to come out today. I hope we get a translated version of Director Lee's speech as I don't think we ever got that one :) 

Can't wait for more stuff to come out :lol:

:eats2:

In the meantime, you see Jinnie with a present in this younglim post here

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

I remember it was said that the actual speeches from the live stream on Sept 10 Seoul Drama Awards is suppose to come out today. I hope we get a translated version of Director Lee's speech as I don't think we ever got that one :) 

Can't wait for more stuff to come out :lol:

In the meantime, you see Jinnie with a present in this younglim post here

Shouldn't it on the 15 Sept 3pm on YT?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1