[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

53 minutes ago, NonKoreanMango said:

So does anyone know what HB asked the lady at the airport? Looked like he was asking for directions to go somewhere. I presume then he must not be quarantining at home (as he would know the directions) especially since he was driving.

If the Toxic Baby video that @TotoroSY posted on pg. 1217 has any validity, the lady he was speaking with was a volunteer at the Seoul Guide Desk. Toxic Baby posed the question what were they speaking about and then went on to answer the question that he was asking about the transportation. I assume that means he was trying to find out where he could locate his vehicle.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, Baylack said:

If the Toxic Baby video that @TotoroSY posted on pg. 1217 has any validity, the lady he was speaking with was a volunteer at the Seoul Guide Desk. Toxic Baby posed the question what were they speaking about and then went on to answer the question that he was asking about the transportation. I assume that means he was trying to find out where he could locate his vehicle.

Thanks!  I thought perhaps he was asking how to get somewhere but surely there must be driving apps like Waze in the US.  Won’t his assistant have driven the car to the airport and then meet him at the entrance which I thought they did from the video.

• Insightful 1

3 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I guess when I first heard in the movie that SYJ was apparently the best negotiator they have, I was expecting something similar to Kevin Spacey's antics in The Negotiator. And it's not. *shrug*

Everyone knows that the negotiators' job is to minimize the damage as much as possible. That's why it's a highly special skill that not everyone in law enforcement is trained for. They have to call a specific person in for these types of situations. They cannot have the mentality of "shoot first, ask questions later" like some in the force do.

But two glaring things bothered me in the movie. In the first negotiation shown, she essentially got everyone killed. I KNOW IT'S NOT ALL HER FAULT. But IMO, she failed to diffuse the situation and calm the suspects down. She didn't even get one hostage trade before the sh*tshow happened.

And during the entire negotiation with HB, I felt like HB was always one step ahead of her, instead of the other way around. IIRC, even HB commented something to this point in saying, "I thought you were the best one out there, and this is all you got??" 

Other than that, the movie is good. LOL.

Well , i dont like to argue with you since we have different perception about the movie..for me, i didnt take the movie literally but i watched it with logic..I do believe that a negotiator cannot full force his/ her objective if during the process of negotiating, an interrogation of your higher ups  interface surprisingly instead of helping you to calm down the situation. What i understand about the movie, a lower rank cannot oppose  the order of the higher ups whether u like it or not. as that is the protocol..The actual Villain here are the bosses of the negotiator, not the hostage taker.

• Like 15

A lovely collection of Binnie 925 BIRTHDAY PARTY from 2007 to 2013 with his fans. :rolleyes:

You-tuber noted there wasnt any birthday party since 2013. :unsure:

This coming 925,  Binnie will be spending alone or maybe with Jinnie at home quarantine.

:cries:

cr:taepyoungwon

2018 Bday organised by his fans

FF5-A7448-62-E2-4-D30-ABC5-6-E1-ED74-D7-

2018 925 spend w Jinnie dur TN promo 

73-ECE800-FA39-41-AB-B60-C-C092-F94-F795

Spoiler

2019 925 spend w Jinnie dur CLOY boat scene shooting

3-D6-F515-E-446-C-43-EC-BBD0-DCC250-C8-A

2020 925 spend w Jinnie home quarantine

5-A7-E1680-01-C0-41-BD-8326-2-B0-AE4996-

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

How I wish there are paparazis waiting at the parking exit to see where HB's car went to (and maybe following him).   It looked he was in hurry to drive away :elated:.   

I checked what the protocol for self-quarantine, must he isolate himself in separate room?  Since he is negative, can he be in the same room with his love one? :smooches3:quarantine together? forever and ever? :dontwanna:  It's been two months! :smooches2:

I know, I know I should respect their privacy, but the thought is killing me.  Please forgive me .... :dead:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

The whole point of the movie  was to emphasise that her character was struggling as a negotiator and wanted to quit post failure that got his sister dead. Throughout she regains herself and there are moments where she shines . Where she closes the phone in the beginning knowing he will call back for example .  In the end it wasn’t much about her being a great negotiator, it was about him wanting her there because she knew the story about his sister , it was about her character doing the right thing and leading these men to justice and pay for what they done . At least this is how I saw it . 

I don’t the movie was aiming to make YJ to challenge herself - that happened in the truth beneath . This movie was more challenging if anything for HB because he is not acting as a villain much in movies / dramas . Their chemistry is what made the movie stand out . It was pretty generic . And she was in the tower with less screen time as well . She is usually good at generic action movies - enough for everyone else to shine less. But the movie had a strong female character in the Centre as the main hero which is not something that happens not in the Korean cinema and even less in Hollywood . It’s always a male counterpart who takes the lead . Just saying .  

• Like 10
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Intuition1 said:

The first negotiation debacle SYJ's character was in, happened that way because it was a set up by high ranking corrupt politicians. This event is what explains the story of how HB's character decided to take hostages. It shows the victims were ordered to be killed by the police, and SYJ's character did not know the set up. She was called in last minute not knowing what was going on.This is the reason HB's character asked for her and killed her boss, because her boss was in on his sister's killing. The whole thing unfolded as a revenge and exposure against powerful political figures. HB's character sacrificed his life to do this. SYJ's character learns about this during the negotiation. So, her character was a great negotiator who overcame the control from the NIS agents and her own bias toward her boss and the justice system. It was a good story line that would have been an amazing movie if the director was more experienced, but this was his first movie.

Also, we knew that she was just thrown into the mix without preparation or knowledge of what really is happening. This is a movie after all, and it wasn’t about showcasing her negotiation skills but how the whole story unfolds with the characters of HCY and MTG. Not all negotiation in real life ends up with a positive outcome. These negotiators are trained and given tools to react to certain situations... but it’s not meant to actually just diffuse situation smoothly. Even, MTG was impressed by her negotiation skills. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NonKoreanMango said:

Thanks!  I thought perhaps he was asking how to get somewhere but surely there must be driving apps like Waze in the US.  Won’t his assistant have driven the car to the airport and then meet him at the entrance which I thought they did from the video.

You're welcome! Considering he is familiar with Incheon Airport and has a phone, I thought it odd too that he would be asking about,  as Toxic Baby phrased it "the transportation". I found this especially so considering his team would, more than likely, be in charge and on top of things. It's rough being at the mercy of a translator and observer but, thankfully, within the forum we have the needed talents, resources, inputs, and a little salt source.gif   to keep us in check.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meerkat said:

My thoughts exactly. I love SYJ so much, but her role in the "The Negotiation" was too emotional. I did not see a good negotiator portrayal. Well, just me. :cold_sweat:

One insight that I had for TN as it pertains to SYJ and her portrayal/representation of a negotiator and the reason for the form of representation was it was a "step into the light" moment of her stark realization of an industry/profession she was involved in and its ugly underbelly.

In that particular hostage negotiation moment, she came to the realization of the betrayal of the profession to her beliefs as to what the profession should be representative of. In doing so, I think that realization caused her to sympathize with the hostage taker (HB) moreso than she would have normally done in some other negotiating situation.

At that point, it became sort of a me and you against them situation thing. As a result of the actions of others, she felt the need to be apologetic for the industry as a whole while still trying to function and contend with the personal shock regarding the industry. While still trying to maintain a semblance of order, she felt she was operating on a string, basically flying by the seat of her pants, and not sure who or who could not be trusted when it came to her superiors. She felt they basically had set her up for failure. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 6

My thoughts on The Negotiation after having watched it twice. It's late where I'm at so I might be rambling a bit here. I should really go to sleep but I saw y'all talking about TN and I couldn't help it. If you really loved TN, I advise you to skip this post

I think SYJ did justice to her role HCY, but I rate her acting in TN as just above average lol Okay, she's my bias so of course I think she's never had a bad performance, but I rank her acting in different projects from "best" to "good, but with some flaws." I count TLP, CLOY, TTB, MWGM as her best performances. I have only a few of her shows left to watch. Her role in TN was limited by the script. HB's character MTG had more opportunities to shine because he was the villain. And I think TN was one of his best performances. Full disclosure, I haven't watched most of his shows, but I think he really shined in CLOY, Swindlers, TN, and MOTA. 

I think TN's topic was actually really refreshing, especially having a female negotiator as the center of the film. But here's the my frustration: the script wasn't really written well and Director LJS was just too green. As much as I love him for being BinJin nation's matchmaker so he should pretty much be King in our hearts, I have to give my honest opinion. 

See, I grew up watching a bunch of Hong Kong action films, especially police/crime films. HK crime films were REALLY good (I use past tense because I now cry over the dismal HK film industry lol). When I was watching TN, my thoughts were if this was a HK film the writer/director would've changed the pace in the middle of the movie and introduced a twist or more.

Instead, Min Tae Gu asked for person after person and killed that corrupt police hostage and brought in a family? Lol And the police side just kept acting "surprised" each time. This whole "negotiating" dragged on until the end of the second act, and when MTG asked to meet another person for like the 3rd or 4th time, I just felt bored. Throughout the whole movie, he was definitely a step ahead of the police but it never really felt like he had the upper hand. Like if you have to make that many requests and kill some hostages AND bring in a family, dude, you're not scary, you're just throwing a tantrum and desperate. The police, especially a top negotiator, would've/should've saw through all of that and thought of creative ways to counter him.  

SYJ's character HCY could've been fleshed out more. Should've at least showed us examples, at least in mentioning, of what successful negotiations she's done in the past. But all we got was she could speak English better than her boss lmao. Her character pretty much stayed stagnant starting in the second act. 

And of course, MTG's purpose was to avenge his sister - a generic trope we've seen many times. And this was revealed near the end? Is this a last minute save to add humanity to his character and make us swoon over a hot and loving, family-oriented arms dealer? I mean, he trafficked arms, not little girls, so I guess he's fine! Plus he was avenging his younger sister! *swoon* I think this detail should've been revealed in the middle of the movie or towards the end of the second act, at least to us audience. By the time we found out the purpose (ok it's not like it wasn't a bit predictable that his actions had to do with the opening hostage taking scene), there was just so much to take in, too much happening, but too little time to process. The third act/ending was really rushed. By the time we gushed over how noble MTG actually is, we get a very brief encounter between HCY and MTG, and BAM, he died. and it was HCY who indirectly helped kill him :joy::joy::joy: girl, why did you have to stop him? he was burning those politicians' a**es. By the time MTG reached those politicians, there were only 18 mins left in the movie. 

So in the last 18 mins of the movie, we learned about MTG's true intentions through HCY, that he was actually in SK all along, he almost kills those corrupted officials, he expresses remorse for involving his sister (aww), HCY tells him to stop, BAM he dies, the officials get away, we get a very angry HCY trying to arrest them by yelling "you have the right to remain silent..." (LOL), and finally, a HCY swearing her oath in court (girl, you got him killed :triumph:) but we never got to see if those corrupted politicians got their deserve sentences...

So, what's the takeaway? Oh right, corrupt politicians bad. But we don't know if they're going to pay their way out of going to prison...:dizzy: 

Obviously, the real saving grace is HB and SYJ's chemistry through the screen. Their chemistry was the only thing that supported me through the long, dragged out middle part of the movie. Yes, I know it's called The Negotiation...but are we really supposed to sit there and watch over an hour of negotiating through a computer screen? It would've been more tolerable if there was new information being given, but it just felt like a rinse and repeat thing disguised as new information. 

I'm also fully aware that this might've been a budget issue, as it was LJS's first film. So keeping our two main (probably expensive) leads in the same film setting was probably the best, money wise. But as a result, a good 40-60 mins of the movie suffered. 

In conclusion, I think TN had a good and interesting first act, very long and dragged out second act, and a very rushed and unsatisfying third act/ending. It was LJS's first film, so a lot of elements of the film definitely felt like he was doing everything "by the book." BUT, TN was no where near terrible. I still liked it. I think for his debut, LJS did a satisfactory job. I hope he is given more chances in the future. If he does he'll definitely improve. I mean, even Bong Joon Ho's first film was pretty bad, according to him. 

Haha I hope no one starts hating me for this. I'm open to criticisms :) 

• Like 20
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

On 9/12/2020 at 1:37 AM, Krystal. said:

WHY did HB say that he looked forward to lunch time the most during TN shooting?

I’ve seen this and I know we need to be respectful of HB’s previous relationship and not imply that there was something going on prior to their breakup... but this came straight from him (right?). I’m just amused because it reminded me of Angelina Jolie admitting in an interview, after her relationship with Brad Pitt was revealed, that she found herself looking forward to working everyday at the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith... which SYJ mentioned at one point she would love to do a similar project with HB. Not the same exact scenario but IYKWIM....

:ok:

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

On 9/13/2020 at 1:30 PM, positivevibes said:

Throwback Nov 2018... I just check the Elle award ceremony on youtube, and spotted SYJ had sporty golf tan arms. LOL! BTW, she's stunning on the black dress!! 

https://youtu.be/ABdrre47GnI

Thanks for the video! I know it has been said at times that we can't always put stock in rings being on various fingers and the reasons for wearing the rings (personal or sponsored, etc.) but I'm just curious as to why when SYJ made her entry for ELLE 2018 it was very clear that a ring was only on her left-hand ring finger. In between making it to her table and going on stage (the camera was constantly being put on her) there's no ring on the left-hand ring finger and then rings are only displayed on the left-hand index finger and thumb. 

I also noticed when the TN interview was done with her and HB in the theater seats, she displayed a ring only on her left-hand ring finger. It made me think of a video I saw the other day where an entertainer (I don't know his name) made the switch of his left-hand ring finger to another finger right before being interviewed. In both his case and SYJ's, why come in with the ring on the left-hand ring finger in the first place if there is no significance or big deal about it and you're just going to switch it anyway

giphy.gif

If the switches were made to not raise speculations, why wear the rings at all? I don't know if the cases were significant or not, maybe they just forgot to take it off or switch before they came. 

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote reaction gifs. Thanks.
  • Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lovelyz said:

• “If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would....” • :glasses:

If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would HB joke about wanting a bed scene with YJ by pulling her to bed in CLOY BTS?

(2020)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would HB grocery shopped with YJ back in Jan 2019?Whether it’s only the both of them or there’s YJ Acquaintances (According to the Denial Statement)...HB spare his time to hang out with her and her friends who he’s doesn’t even know at all...and it’s grocery shopping outside korea ffs Plus this was during her Birthday Month

(2019)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would YJ still be constantly working with HB after their rumour when she usually avoid working again with people who she got somehow rumoured with?

(2019-2020)

If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would YJ did that liking spree of BinJin posts where there’s captions about wanting them to date or about them dating each other if she has a bf or if she knows HB has a gf?

(June 2020)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would the TN Director exposed how “HB seems to like YJ more”?

(2018)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would HB hand placement be allowed to be like this?

(2019-2020)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would HB keep bringing up YJ with giddy reaction when the question wasn’t even about her at all?

(May 2020)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would HB keep fueling his rumour and associating himself with YJ until now when he knows from past experience how shippers can be brutal to their own real life partner?

(2018-2020)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else (especially about getting back with exs),Would HB said he would never go back to the past and that his future will be happier?Would he talked about happy life and immediately looking at YJ afterwards?

(2019)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would HB looked at YJ like this like he’s effin inlove?

(2018-2020)

Reveal hidden contents

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,Would HB and YJ basically attached to eachother hip everytime they’re in the same room/events like during Wrap up party and even Baeksang?

(2020)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,would that korean reporter even revealed how since last year she had heard (from someone in the fashion industry) that BinJin is planning to get married after the drama ended?

(2019-2020)

- If they’re in a relationship with somebody else,would that K Ent Expert from Taiwan also revealed how BinJin relationship is basically an Open Secret in Korea?Not only experts,this is what Knetz were saying about BinJin when the topic was about 2020 New Years Dispatch Couple....They all don’t want it to be BinJin because they all know those two are an open secret anyway

(June 2020)

So In conclusion,if they’re in a relationship with somebody else,they must be a really bad boyfriend and girlfriend to their respective partners because allowing all these to happen is being super disrespectful and they clearly doesn’t care at all to protect their own partner feelings or maybe the case with them is that they’re dating somebody else but inlove with eachother lol.Am I right or not?But we all agreed both HB and YJ are good human being right...so does it even make sense to assume they’re dating somebody else except each other?Please think as a sane person with an actual brain...

Anyway,I rest my case....I don’t even need a lawyer to conclude this situation and solve such case.

Actually,I could go on more or even wrote a book at this point just to discuss this matter but look how all these came from HB,YJ,Medias and even people close to them and not based on fans assumption and opinions?There’s nothing to prove about BinJin tbh because it’s all clear as day...nobody needs to connect dots when you ship a real couple :wub:

#Quote of the Day:

Just a suggestion let’s try not to engaged or in any way response to attention seekers anymore...those people who clearly can’t face reality and who loves to bluff 24/7 just to seek attention.There’s alot of trolls hanging out and lurking on this BinJin thread too...so be careful with that as well.They’re not worth our time...they’re a disease at this point.They know they have no rights soon because when BinJin finally announce...It’s game over for them.Let’s focus on BinJin only and spread out positive vibes...you just never know whats gonna happen in the next months.I know I said to lower our expectation but it’s good to be positive and hopeful about things too right?

Happy Shipping everyone!

You're on point! Spot on 1000%!!!

May I add that for sometimes now, they released updates/CF bts on the same day. Not once, not twice but many times I don't really count.... 

I understand where's you coming from but please don't get distracted with them we don't have to prove anything, time will tell. And I can't wait to put their delulus back into their mouths.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 10
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2