[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

So, as the nomination for Metro.Style's Most Beautiful Korean Actresses was over, the list for Top 10 Most Beautiful Korean Actresses who got the most number of nominations is out

3naSegu.jpg

Now another voting time begin. We can vote as many as we want until September 26th. Let's vote~~

https://metro.style/promos/vote-for-the-most-beautiful-korean-actress

• Like 9
  • Love 1

SYJ fan meeting in Japan will be held at 27/9 as planned.

I think, it would be wise to be away from social media before the fan meeting as this makes fans look forward more to seeing her at the meeting. Too much media appearance may cause a saturation and reduce effect of the fan meeting. A good strategy I guess. 

EhpQrSrXsAIY2pl?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

@ElectricHearts Re The Swoonies compliment video (you're not supposed to quote video here, right?), one of fave Binjin interactions: one thing I wondered about was when HB read that fan comment that SYJ probably liked the best (the one she said was written by someone very expressive, a concise and clear compliment etc.), she said when he first read it that she didn't think HB wrote it. But then at the end she picked that compliment as being from him? Heh maybe she just picked that one as it was her favourite of them all and stuck in her head.  HB's pick was a bit strange as well, no way he would have picked SYJ's real Ireland fangirl comment lol, but the flowers compliment was a strange pick imo.  Some of the compliments were really hilarious.  Maybe they both just picked the one they remembered best out of them all.  I thought another interesting bit was when SYJ tells HB that a comment said he was her type, and of course HB knew SYJ would never write that in her real compliment.  

Couch Talk was interesting for the insights into them.  But it did seem like SYJ didn't know how HB liked to unwind after a day's work with the beer habit..... or maybe they are both good actors, I don't know.  As I said before, I have an open mind and no conclusions re their relationship status. 

Mission Pong... competitive SYJ and she really wanted to get the compliment right too lol.  The tasks could have been more fun though, like writing your name with your butt heh.

The fan calendar one... HB was very cute with his negative space idea and I actually quite liked the idea of leaving space to write resolutions. Meanwhile SYJ is all about making the calendar look pretty heh.  I enjoyed hearing her advice on how to cope when feeling down. 

The Swoonies videos were a lot of fun.  Too bad we never got the full, long version like for other actor pairings.  And I guess we won't get them again unless Binjin are in another project together for Netflix.  The main take away from them is you really see how much fun Binjin have together and how comfortable they are with each other as close friends.  HB is so different here compared to with other costars, as others have noted.  They were energetic that day, looked great together, and not as tired as in other promos. 

• Like 13
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Crumbs from HB after CLOY era from my point of view

1/ HB was moving to stand near YJ in the group photo.

He knew the camera was in front of him (he sighed), but he kept moving closer to her.

He used "We" in the acceptance speech.

2/ He chose a question about YJ, talked about her in almost half of the time and could not hide his happiness when recalling his memory about her

EZa2Hm5U4AAhbxm.jpg

3/ He wore the same LA cap which he wore from LA trip with YJ at Smart interview filming.

4/ He sent a letter to Japanese fans through YJ's connection with the host. 

5/ Rumour denial after 10 minutes

6/ A photo of him buying woman's clothes was shared online. His manager did not allow fans to take his photos in Jordan except for this time. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

3 hours ago, Seriya said:

HB's pick was a bit strange as well, no way he would have picked SYJ's real Ireland fangirl comment lol, but the flowers compliment was a strange pick imo.  Some of the compliments were really hilarious.  Maybe they both just picked the one they remembered best out of them all.  

Couch Talk was interesting for the insights into them.  But it did seem like SYJ didn't know how HB liked to unwind after a day's work with the beer habit..... or maybe they are both good actors, I don't know.  As I said before, I have an open mind and no conclusions re their relationship status. 

I enjoyed reading your post and reminiscing about the Swoon videos! 

RE: the Compliment Me video, I think HB chose the flower one as the one SYJ wrote because she is a huge flower lover and he likely knows that. It was also the least fangirly compliment of the lot and probably the safest bet. He didn't know she was trying to scam him lol 

I've watched those videos (especially couch talk) countless times and you definitely get a sense of how comfortable and familiar they are with each other, but also a sense that they (particularly SYJ) may have been purposely trying to make it seem like some answers were surprising. Even if they weren't in a romantic relationship, they've spent enough time together the last 2 years filming two projects and traveling together (1 personal trip, and 2 other countries for work purposes), that they would definitely know each other fairly well at this point. So where HB nodded along knowingly to SYJ saying she unwinds with a cup of coffee, SYJ may have been trying to play it a little too cool when he talked about how he unwinds after work with beer. That's my interpretation anyway:)

@lovelyz great post as always! I also found that BTS pic funny. It's hard to tell because its just a split second, but she does look annoyed right? Although there is also another pic later on in between takes of them filming that scene where she is picking lint off his jacket so im sure they were fine lol 

• Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

So shocked that many comments here claimed KHN was overrated and HB deserved the award more and recklessly assumed political factors made CLOY unfavourable in getting awards

When the Camellia Blooms received great response from local audience and was highly acclaimed by TV drama critics for creating a new genre which had never appeared in any SK mini-series drama before (romantic comedy + family + thriller). I remember there was a news report about the comments from the Baeksang judge panel a few days after the ceremony. The male lead Yong-sik which was portrayed by KHN was totally different from the male protagonists from other drama series around the same time. Considering RJH from CLOY, Park Sae-ro-yi from Itaewon class, Baek Seung-soo from Hot Stove League and likewise, they all appeared handsome, hot-blooded and heroic. On contrary, Yong-sik was simple and ordinary, not attractive at all, but could turn into a hero when necessary (came to rescue when Pil-gu was assaulted). Judge panel adored KHN's outstanding portrayal of this fresh but realistic character.

My interpretation of the Baeksang judge panel comments is RJH's character lacked originality (so as Park Sae-ro-yi and Baek Seung-soo). Everyone agrees that HB's acting is superb and deserves an award. However, acting skill is not the only factor that the judge panel took into account. With every candidate showcasing excellent performances, among all sorts of similar heroic characters in the pool, the ordinary Yong-sik stood out most which caught the attention of the judges.

Same goes to Namkoong Min who played as Manager Baek in Hot Stove League, he also received very good feedback from audiences. He didn't any award either, simply because Manager Baek was also a heroic character, even more heroic than RJH. (RJH saved the lady he loved for his lifetime but Manager Baek saved the entire baseball team. lol)

But yeah, about the award with "Hallyu" in the name, it should be given to "Hallyu" dramas, i.e. those received great recognition overseas, right? CLOY and Itaewon Class were a lot more recognized than WTCB........... It came to my senses that I did encounter some Koreans on social media who didn't know CLOY was (and still remains) a massive hit on Netflix, only realized this achievement when CLOY managed to get coverage on media powerhouse like AP, BBC and Al Jazeera.:ph34r:

• Love 4
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, QueenieBee said:

I enjoyed reading your post and reminiscing about the Swoon videos! 

RE: the Compliment Me video, I think HB chose the flower one as the one SYJ wrote because she is a huge flower lover and he likely knows that. It was also the least fangirly compliment of the lot and probably the safest bet. He didn't know she was trying to scam him lol 

I think they both figured each would write non fangirly type comments, but like you said, little did he know she was cunningly plotting to scam him with the help of the internet for a laugh lol.  I think SYJ was just anticipating that gotcha moment so much, she laughed SO hard! 

It would have been sweet if that comment SYJ chose to be HB's was really his, but it was so complimentary perhaps better saved for their private moments heh. 

40 minutes ago, QueenieBee said:

I've watched those videos (especially couch talk) countless times and you definitely get a sense of how comfortable and familiar they are with each other, but also a sense that they (particularly SYJ) may have been purposely trying to make it seem like some answers were surprising.

I think either possibility is possible.  It did register with me because there was a similar situation with another RL ship fandom where fans assumed they were pretending not to know each other well during those Q&As games about each other (I would love to see Bin Jin play one of those), but well, actually...that ship was never real but I don't want to be a downer here. I am just cautious about assuming too much. But to each their own.

I really liked HB's thoughtful answer about a happy life, and I think it gave SYJ food for thought too since she spaced out heh.  Her reflections on travel and what it meant, shedding her public image and what people thought of her etc was also thoughtful and I hope the LA episode didn't affect them negatively too much. 

They really give off good vibes together, especially when they are playful.  it's impossible not to love them. 

• Like 9
  • Love 5

In acting, it comes in a various scenery. Depends on a character they are portraying. RJH as Silent man but can speak with his eyes, hands and other actuations which were able to meet in CLOY..its true that No yealing as his character is somewhat a soldier who is quiet, self controled , neat ,.orderly ,sad  but strong and brave..acting isnt about crying and yelling most of the time..acting is somewhat conveying viewers to appreciate and believe what you are portraying . ClOY was able to convey viewers which it extended outside korea and believed that RJH despite of being stoik and quiet did the best acting. Call me biased but RJH is the best actor with me as i watched both WTCB and CLOY.. Cant imagine to act as a North Korean persona while infact that u belong to South Korea..That is not easy to do so since you need to adopt North Korean Beliefs and Practices plus the persona of a character you are portraying with. 

• Like 15
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

@Halinakorea your comments are spot on!

@cheesenb  we have to agree to disagree on who deserve the best actor award!!  I felt the award was for acting;  not for the most unique role/character written in the drama. There is a difference. If the judges want to award a fresh genre or character, there are awards for best dramas and screenplays as that should be the award for the writer who came up with the unique story telling idea, not the actor. 

• Like 12
  • Unamused 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

Hyun Bin effectively portrayed RJH...very effective to the point that he captured the heart and soul of so many in ALL gender, may it be young or old, he captured on the spot the heart of the ahjummas not only in SK but international as well...again my question is... why they did not give him the Hallyu Award to the most qualified and deserving??... If the people or the SK fans have their own criteria why not considering the Hallyu Criteria as well which for sure will include the taste/criteria of the global/international fans since Hallyu means increase or awarenes of the Global SK culture around the globe/international....Since i watched CLOY and i fell in love with the whole cast, I became interested in everything Korean...i make sure i always have kimchi on my fridge, korean snacks in my pantry and goes to korean restaurants once in a while, i even search about the SK-NK dispute etc and search each cast members profiles most especially BinJin Couple...and yes if there's no global pandemic i will travel again to SK just to have the feel and experience SK culture and more...yes i will visit Vast and MSTeam ofc even just to have a glimpse of the two most popular SK entertainment agency FOR ME and for the BinJin shipppers or their respective fans as well... Again, my congratulations to our Queen Ye Jin for the Hallyu Best Actress award but i know for a fact she will be more happy if her better half HB/RJH got the Hallyu Best Actor award as well.

• Like 17
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

3 hours ago, Seriya said:

@ElectricHearts Re The Swoonies compliment video (you're not supposed to quote video here, right?), one of fave Binjin interactions: one thing I wondered about was when HB read that fan comment that SYJ probably liked the best (the one she said was written by someone very expressive, a concise and clear compliment etc.), she said when he first read it that she didn't think HB wrote it. But then at the end she picked that compliment as being from him? Heh maybe she just picked that one as it was her favourite of them all and stuck in her head.  HB's pick was a bit strange as well, no way he would have picked SYJ's real Ireland fangirl comment lol, but the flowers compliment was a strange pick imo.  Some of the compliments were really hilarious.  Maybe they both just picked the one they remembered best out of them all.  I thought another interesting bit was when SYJ tells HB that a comment said he was her type, and of course HB knew SYJ would never write that in her real compliment.  

I love the compliments a lot :D 

Jinnie knows Binnie would have figured it out if she hadn't mentioned the OST. She threw him off with that and middle school. Since the real part of the compliment is that she is a fan of his and she will always support and cheer him on. 

Binnie chose flowers compliment because he knows she likes flowers. All the other compliments were hints on his good looks and that he would be her type :lol:

Jinnie is confused which compliments Binnie actually wrote. The fighting cow Jinnie which sounded more like from him or the more detailed expressive comment that she ends up choosing.. as she knows he is actually expressive to people he is close with /this would include her :lol: Since Binnie has said in the past that he is expressive to people he is close with :P Honestly, Binnie laughing when she mentions whoever wrote this is expressive and well written :lol:

4 hours ago, lovelyz said:

- My Assumption why YJ hasn’t updated in awhile (Feel free to Ignore since it’s also kind of another episode of my short rant lol)

I think she hasn't updated yet because it isn't an important date yet :lol: So she will probably update sometime when he is officially back :P

Just wonder when we will officially find out he is back. After he is done quarantine? Or a few days after he is back like the others lol.

--

At work now, there is random talks lately on engagement, marriage and Nicole Kidman. I don't know how these random conversation comes up by my colleagues :lol:

They have no idea how this is affecting my mind lately :P 

Also in It's Okay That's Love, I love the grocery shopping conversation involved talking about marriage. The marriage conversation is quite hilarious as they are also started their relationship not long ago. I guess JIS's character also had lots of other relationships in the past. She just wants to enjoy their new relationship. I never knew this would be what couples talk about while shopping for groceries. Then GHJ's character like teases him and she surprise kisses JIS's character - and JIS's reaction is that people could be looking at them.. I am still not over this scene I think. It just keeps making me laugh now. Wonder what they were talking about when they were grocery shopping in LA,

:loolz:

• Like 11

8 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

@sunset0 In that same episode of It's Okay That's Love, they bring up about guys and other jobs - basically saying how JIS's character is perfect for GHJ's character. Apparently you don't date businessmen because they are just after your money

Anyways, that is my thoughts on this.

Well...HB is a businessman (CEO of VAST) and he does have many photos of them traveling together:P

:twerk2:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

5 hours ago, lovebirds said:

Crumbs from HB after CLOY era from my point 

6/ A photo of him buying woman's clothes was shared online. His manager did not allow fans to take his photos in Jordan except for this time. 

Was there actually a picture of HB buying woman’s clothes in Jordan? All I saw was a picture of a dress. 

• Like 4