[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

@cloyfan. This is one of the many interviews that caught my attention somehow.HB expressed that he was really worried that YJ just disappeared  in that scene only for her to recount that it was HIS misdeed...hahaha..Mr. CEO was caught offguard with the narrative..but hey he will not say sorry dear in front of the cameras..have you noticed the difference of tones in TN and CLOY interviews and the dialogues of " stop annoying me" in BTS how their relationship has  matured and evolved  and became more real?

• Like 12
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3

41 minutes ago, Riri forever said:

@cloyfan. This is one of the many interviews that caught my attention somehow.HB expressed that he was really worried that YJ just disappeared  in that scene only for her to recount that it was HIS misdeed...hahaha..Mr. CEO was caught offguard with the narrative..but hey he will not say sorry dear in front of the cameras..have you noticed the difference of tones in TN and CLOY interviews and the dialogues of " stop annoying me" in BTS how their relationship has  matured and evolved  and became more real?

True. At that interview, typical of YJ to speak her mind and to speak as a matter of fact, that's how honest she is regardless if it will put the other person in an inconvenient position. I thought that she sounded like a reprimanding gf or what hahaha. You cannot look at HB's expression without laughing. Like, she can really say anthing to him, and he can take it. Son Ye Jin is a remarkable woman. Only she can do that to HB hehe.

• Like 13
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Riri forever said:

Me too. I was like hoping they made up after that interview and that the situation didn't left Ye Jin an impression that Hyun Bin will "let go of her hand" in real life. I also think his answer was really bad, Hahaha, it was a good thing Ye Jin just laughed it off because if i were her, I would have answered him, "So, is it better that I was the only one who got hurt?". Hahaha.

But it also showed how close they are, they could fight and then make up. Their relationship is so mature.

Edited by Ri Se Ri
  • Like 6
  • LOL 7

When I watched the scene where RJH backhugs YSR after she runs out of her surprise birthday party, I thought his arm went pretty low - pretty much across her chest, did anyone else think this? Or is it pretty standard? Want to believe it went low because they are so 'close' :P

Link to a stills incl one of backhug

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-WjWd2JwVU/?igshid=mr3cqrpi6m3b

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, B.MMM said:

The dvd and photobook published through his official site, so his company produced it. His DVDs are not internet in full version I have them but I don’t have a link for downloading it. 

His military service has the most attention among all artist and that’s not just for marine it had the most attention due to his popularity. even when he was in military every week news reported about him with a new video:lol:

He is the KING (and now found his real QUEEN:wub:)

Oh yeah, for sure he was at the height of his popularity when he joined the military.  Secret Garden ended in Jan 2011 and he enlisted in March 2011!! That's like barely 2 months! But I do think his decision to go for Marine Corp also elevated the anticipation and hence the extra coverage of his stint there. If he was in the entertainment section or a desk job, I doubt the tv stations will have as much material to cover and showcase.

Maybe it's cuz of his parents strict and conservative upbringing - he always seem to strive towards bringing a sense of integrity and values to choices he makes. Like ensuring he has a Uni degree (even up to Master) and being in the Marines - almost like he wants his children and family to be proud of him beyond being an actor. He will make a good husband and father, just like what YSR said about RJH.

Someone described SYJ as alpha-female, and I really agree on that. Though when she first debut she seems quiet and shy, but I believe she always had a strong personality and character. Even from her earlier interviews, you can see how witty and smart she is, and she was able to handle the interviews with humor and friendliness, without being intimidated by the MCs etc. Also someone posted above on SYJ's interview about marriage and she said her parents do not pressure her about it, and that they let her decide. I just love that, cuz it means her parents are understanding of her and liberal enough to let their daughter decide her own future. 

Both of them are strongly principled, with one being more stoic and serious with a quiet sense of humour, and another one more free-spirited and witty. They will make such a great couple! Come on Binjin, please be together. I hope you already are. :D

1 hour ago, Riri forever said:

Their bickering reminds be SO MUCH of their characters in CLOY. Like after the boat scene and YSR was questioning Captain Ri on why he kissed her, then he repeated what she said about it being not really a kiss, and she acted all annoyed and offended LOL!! It's a bit like that during their "bickering" about YJ falling down and him not holding her hand, except in a less exaggerated way. HB was also left rather speechless after being "accused" by YJ. LOL!! Maybe after the interview, they had a heart-to-heart talk about it later. :D

48 minutes ago, Ri Se Ri said:

Me too. I was like hoping they made up after that interview and that the situation didn't left Ye Jin an impression that Hyun Bin will "let go of her hand" in real life. I also think his answer was really bad, Hahaha, it was a good thing Ye Jin just laughed it off because if i were her, I would have answered him, "So, is it better that I was the only one who got hurt?". Hahaha.

But it also showed how close they are, they could fight and then make up. Their relationship is so mature.

They are like old bickering couple by that interview. It was clear as day LOL!!

Btw @Ri Se Ri  please remember to delete videos and pictures when you quote somebody.

45 minutes ago, Solcester3k said:

When I watched the scene where RJH backhugs YSR after she runs out of her surprise birthday party, I thought his arm went pretty low - pretty much across her chest, did anyone else think this? Or is it pretty standard? Want to believe it went low because they are so 'close' :P

Link to a stills incl one of backhug

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-WjWd2JwVU/?igshid=mr3cqrpi6m3b

There was EXTENSIVE discussion about how HB held SYJ in that back hug. Multiple comparisons of how he held his other co-stars from the back vs SYJ, and the conclusion is that it was very different. LOL! He definitely held YJ much more intimately.

• Like 17
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Comrades...Since we are doing a lot of flashback from their CLOY scenes ( not to mention how time is  turtling these days )as professional thay YJ is..does she usually get affected  by her character like she stopped and cannot help but cry in 2 particular scenes ( the hospital and soju drinking) ..did she reacted like this in her other projects? Her tears in soju drinking session got to me like she wished to claim those words for YSR  is for YJ.   She  mentioned in previous interviews that not because she has a happy career life same goes for her personal life..How i wish  that this void in her life has already been filled by HB..i did not see in the BTS HB's reaction when she cried...how i wish that time has come for them to take on that direction coz they are not getting any younger. It puzzles me when they are saying that happiness seem so near but cannot catch it..the price of Fame?

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, B.MMM said:

No the post didn’t say they came to shop or they designed the ring. That’s not true. They just offer some rings to cloy team and binjin choose this one and the rest of cast(couples) put other ones (as that shop said). The shop didn’t say that fan fictions:lol:

And I don’t see any special thing in this. Many stars do this, choose their accessories themselves. 

plus I don’t have a link cause I checked it in my regular naver trip:lol:

I DMed you how can find that post. 

Ahh ok so I managed to get things cleared up by verifying again. 
Basically its the different choice of words. 
Shop refers to “them” choosing the ring while CLOY team refers to “CLOY team” without mentioning specifically who. 

Mucha Jewellery original IG post no mention of Binjin personally choosing the rings. Only said this was made according to the drama needs which is in line with what I was told by CLOY team 

anything else interesting for me to go dig? DM me if you have anything interesting for me cos I have time lately so I can go dig dig dig 

KTP hihi 

Wah golf balls anyone?? I also want your signature golf ball

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 4
  • Thanks 2

Yes, I can see HB’s real tears of happiness!
He might be happy because SYJ allowed him to use his tongue on screen on the last shooting day :P

OMO SYJ! HB’s only woman!

He has a good taste!

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

@Riri forever I think SYJ does have a history of immersing herself into her character and getting very emotional. In an interview for The Last Princess, her co-Star talked about how she sobbed for 10 minutes straight after filming a particular scene. With that said, I still think there is significance to her crying during the soju scene (which the script did not call for). Delusional or not, I do think that SYJ has finally found what she was looking for in HB and is realizing that she is ready for the next stage of her life. So those words said by RJH hit particularly close to her heart and she realized she wants to hear the same words said by HB 

• Like 8
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, cloyfan said:

Not to harp on this video (we are in the middle of a drought and I need something to talk about lol) but I think the reason why there was so much tension during the interview is that SYJ was upset that HB let go of her hand. If this was any other co-star, she wouldn't have taken it to heart so much - but this wasn't just a regular co-star. All of HB's actions up to that point probably led her to believe that she could rely on him for anything and so when she fell (and in her mind, he let go of her hand), she was disappointed and upset. Instead of acknowledging her right to be upset, HB deflected the point to say that if they continued to hold hands, they both would have fallen - which was definitely the wrong thing to say lol. No man is perfect so it's forgivable. Anyway, this was early on in December so I'm sure they made up after that. Hopefully they communicated their viewpoints and HB apologized for letting go of her hand (if he's a smart man, he would know the woman is always right lol).

Hahaha when I first read this I thought it means they would've fall in love :D

I hope they have the BTS of that scene so we can understand their sides.

• LOL 8

Since you guys recall the bickering of BinJin in their interview, I just wonder why didn't they discuss about it before that day or right after that event happened. HB seemed really surprised with SYJ's answer and reaction. If they would have talked about it perhaps HB may have better answer or happily say sorry to YJ. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Helena said:

It boggles the mind how the K ent industry works whoa

9 hours ago, Helena said:

There are many who are not familiar with how different Korean entertainment industry is.....

1. dating is (usually) considered a SCANDAL.

Yes I kind of knew South Korean entertainment industry has a dark side, but in my quest as to why dating can be considered a scandal, I found an article on Forbes about our couple.  

Jan 11, 2019,10:16am EST

When Rumors Link Two Stars In Korea It Can Be A "Scandal"

Joan MacDonaldContributor
I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.
Son Ye Jin co-starred in The Negotiation with Hyun Bin

In South Korea, if two stars might possibly be dating it’s called a “scandal” and mega-stars Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, who co-starred in the 2018 film The Negotiation, were recently involved in one. 

Sometimes such rumors start when stars make similar posts on Instagram or because the stars have been reported in the proximity of each other. They may have demonstrated romantic chemistry in a film or drama project or have simply said they enjoyed working together.

Sometimes the rumors are true and the stars own up to dating. There have been at least a dozen Korean star couples who met on set. Some even marry. Other times the rumors are wishful thinking. 

Unlike the U.S., where actors don’t seem too concerned if people know they are dating, Korea’s star relationships tend to have a greater effect on the popularity of the actors involved, either boosting their box office draw or hurting it. The stars might be interested in each other, but, given their very enthusiastic and vigilant fan base, prefer some privacy and date in secret. South Korean talent agencies also carefully manage a star’s public image and are often called on to issue statements regarding relationships. Sometimes agencies are caught unaware that a star is dating and have to play damage control or even retract a statement denying a relationship.

The latest “scandal” involving two Korean stars began when it was rumored that Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin met in the U.S. with her parents. The stars had seemed friendly and complimented each other when working together on The Negotiation

In August 2018, at a press conference for the film, Son Ye Jin spoke about her working relationship with Hyun Bin. She said that his involvement in the film was a deciding factor in her taking the role of a hostage negotiator named Ha Chae Yoon.

“I was surprised when I heard that he was looking at the role. It was different from the image Hyun Bin has shown as an actor so far. I thought it was great that he was using this role to take on a bold challenge.”

Although the actors were not in many scenes together they did have a sense of camaraderie and he called her “a reassuring presence.” Son also took a series of selfies with the actor.

Selfies plus the recent rumor added up to a dating “scandal.”

Son’s agency, MSTeam Entertainment has denied the rumors, saying she is currently traveling alone and her parents are in Korea. His agency, VAST Entertainment, responded, saying that he is overseas for work. 

Spoiler

When Son Ye Jin appeared in the 2018 romantic comedy, Something in the Rain, rumors linked her romantically with co-star Jung Hae In, who played her character’s much younger boyfriend. Caught up in dating rumors after they co-starred in that drama, Jung Hae In declared that what they filmed was a drama, not a documentary.  

Hyun Bin currently plays the role of a CEO gamer in the television drama Memories of Alhambra, co-starring Park Shin Hye.

Hyun Bin found Son Ye Jin a reassuring presence when they worked together.

Hyun Bin has dated a co-star before. He began dating Song Hye Kyo in 2008, after the couple met in the drama The Way They Live. The couple dated for three years before breaking up. Song, currently appearing in the drama Encounter, is married to actor Song Joong Ki, whom she met when filming the drama Descendants of the Sun.

The Negotiation is a 2018 crime thriller directed by Lee Jong Seok. In the film Son’s character Ha Chae Yoon works for the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency in the crisis negotiating team. Ha must negotiate with an arms dealer who kidnaps two people. The film’s first week in Korea sold one million tickets. It grossed $15.1 million in the U.S.

I also read this in the spoiler which I don't know if it's true, I can entirely agree on the Western part, but can someone agree on the Korean/Asian part?

This was written as an answer on K-pop, but I can assume it's the same for the whole South Korean entertainment industry? 

Spoiler

Why is dating considered a scandal in K-pop?

It’s just a cultural difference.

I grew up with both Western and Asian Pop culture, what I realised is that the consequences for an Asian celebrity is far more serious or long-lasting compared to a Western celebrity.

Most Kpop/Asian idols aren’t allowed to date

It is common for agencies to place ‘no dating rules’ on their trainees and idols, especially if they are rookies/newcomers. This is to also ensure that they are focused on their careers and photos while dating aren’t leaked or spread around. 
You will probably be allowed to date after you get older, like in your mid 20s. In Japan, for some, it’s a little crazy. Sorry' Japan starlet shaves head 

Some other reasons include the idea of fans being delusional and think their idol is their boyfriend/girlfriend and in Asia, the connection between fans and their idol is special with fan-meets, social media (SNS), messages, official fan cafes, concerts and others. 

Therefore when they find out he/she is dating, some ridiculous netizens and fans will feel that it is like ‘betraying them’ and will ‘no longer love them’.

Other than that, what is considered a ‘scandal’ or a ‘crime’ differs. 
Western celebrities are heavily criticised for violence, abuse, rape and sexual assault. 
It doesn’t mean that Asian celebrities have not faced such allegations, but it’s more talked about and common in the West compared to Asia. 
For example, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Bill Cosby

But Western celebrities will not face as much backlash for ‘bad behaviour’, ‘bad attitude’, drug or dating scandals.

Example: Justin Bieber faced multiple arrests, stormed off stage and is banned in some countries such as China for ‘bad behaviour’ but can still continue making music in his career after one apology on national TV.

If it was in the Asian/Korean Entertainment industry, his or her career will most likely be gone or will take some time before he or she can gain the public’s or TV Stations’ trust again. Asian Celebrities will most often have to undergo a hiatus or reflection time and most often must release an official apology.

G-Dragon Personally Apologizes For T.O.P's Marijuana Drug Scandal

main-qimg-7aa1ea12645a6d2256394f29c1057601

Photo: From KNews and Entertainment 

Behaviour such as not greeting seniors, not bowing, misbehaving are more common to criticism 
The importance of the 90-degree bow in K-pop

main-qimg-17c8782daefdad41af1442290f4bcdb4

Kpop idol and rapper, G-Dragon (left) bowing to fellow artists at a music show

Example: Actress, Kim Yoo-jung faced criticism for leaning on one leg and looking at her fingers during a press conference. (What?)
Kim Yoo Jung reps apologize for her behavior on stage

main-qimg-ef03e49b17c3fb11771c0ea08c6aa7f4

Official apology example: 
Jo Se Ho And Seo Jang Hoon Apologize For Criticized Behavior Towards BTS's Jungkook And Kim Min Suk

Omg this part I copy and paste from the post above holds so much truth: 

Some other reasons include the idea of fans being delusional and think their idol is their boyfriend/girlfriend and in Asia, the connection between fans and their idol is special with fan-meets, social media (SNS), messages, official fan cafes, concerts and others. 

Therefore when they find out he/she is dating, some ridiculous netizens and fans will feel that it is like ‘betraying them’ and will ‘no longer love them’.

Even though the above referencing is for Kpop but yes this is K-entertainment for you, right in your face. 
especially for kdrama, dating right on the filming set, dating while on the drama, dating before the drama and yet working in a drama together is taboo and ostracized in Korea. 

Spoiler

KTP, where is my golf ball?? Not fair I want golf balls too :bawling:

I am elated that you are in a relaxed and happy mood. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 5

@Chewy had there been a major set back in HB's career during the times that he dated? and vice versa for the exes? He seemed to maintain his popularity even when he dated. I just am not familiar the effect to female actors.  K fans should see and value them for their work above all else and give them that space in their personal lives.

On another note..I searched the symbolism of the lemon tree google says:

Spiritually, lemon trees are an enduring symbol for cleansing, freshness and healing. It symbolizes adoration, commitment and romance. Lemons, like travel, cleanse and restore our mind, body and soul. It's like a dance with the world, falling in love with every destination and romanticizing about the life abroad.

...making some sense whoever sent it to YJ..

Edited by Riri forever
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Oh yeah, for sure he was at the height of his popularity when he joined the military.  Secret Garden ended in Jan 2011 and he enlisted in March 2011!! That's like barely 2 months! But I do think his decision to go for Marine Corp also elevated the anticipation and hence the extra coverage of his stint there. If he was in the entertainment section or a desk job, I doubt the tv stations will have as much material to cover and showcase.

Maybe it's cuz of his parents strict and conservative upbringing - he always seem to strive towards bringing a sense of integrity and values to choices he makes. Like ensuring he has a Uni degree (even up to Master) and being in the Marines - almost like he wants his children and family to be proud of him beyond being an actor. He will make a good husband and father, just like what YSR said about RJH.

Someone described SYJ as alpha-female, and I really agree on that. Though when she first debut she seems quiet and shy, but I believe she always had a strong personality and character. Even from her earlier interviews, you can see how witty and smart she is, and she was able to handle the interviews with humor and friendliness, without being intimidated by the MCs etc. Also someone posted above on SYJ's interview about marriage and she said her parents do not pressure her about it, and that they let her decide. I just love that, cuz it means her parents are understanding of her and liberal enough to let their daughter decide her own future. 

Both of them are strongly principled, with one being more stoic and serious with a quiet sense of humour, and another one more free-spirited and witty. They will make such a great couple! Come on Binjin, please be together. I hope you already are. :D

Their bickering reminds be SO MUCH of their characters in CLOY. Like after the boat scene and YSR was questioning Captain Ri on why he kissed her, then he repeated what she said about it being not really a kiss, and she acted all annoyed and offended LOL!! It's a bit like that during their "bickering" about YJ falling down and him not holding her hand, except in a less exaggerated way. HB was also left rather speechless after being "accused" by YJ. LOL!! Maybe after the interview, they had a heart-to-heart talk about it later. :D

They are like old bickering couple by that interview. It was clear as day LOL!!

Btw @Ri Se Ri  please remember to delete videos and pictures when you quote somebody.

There was EXTENSIVE discussion about how HB held SYJ in that back hug. Multiple comparisons of how he held his other co-stars from the back vs SYJ, and the conclusion is that it was very different. LOL! He definitely held YJ much more intimately.

See the difference of back hug. 

• Like 15
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1