[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

@loveiskim the comment isn't my. It's from the video maker. But I think our ship is still sailing too. And don't be sad because of the preview. The preview is always make us get the wrong idea. I love all the gifs that you make :D

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, __jesse said:

P.S. I think "Winter Garden" is a beautiful name for Jeongwon-Gyeoul ship. It's rare to see flowers bloom during winter, just like how everyone thinks it's impossible for any woman to compete with God for Jeongwon's heart. Precisely because it's difficult and rare, it becomes all the more precious. I hope Gyeoul would be that flower which blooms in Jeongwon's garden.

I enjoyed reading your analysis. It makes me wonder if the writer and the production team had the ship name "Winter Garden" in mind even before the viewers came up with it. Or if they just went along with everyone else ;)

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

To them, they have accepted the scenes for what they were and assumed them to be pretty self-explanatory.  No need to rack their brains, because they watched the show to relax and have a good time. I think it’ll be a huge disservice to them and the rest of the general audience if they steer them towards a whole different direction at the last minute.

Not everyone is as invested in Hospital Playlist as us (let’s be real, we’re so invested LOL), and I believe that sometimes, it’s best to understand this show through the eyes of a regular viewer. What would be the most obvious thing that could happen?

I only watched this for fun (Netflix only) last month, but I become SOOO invested in the theories and all details after watching all the theories videos in youtube & reading all the theories here LOL :lol:

These are the things that obviously will happen:

1. WHAT HAPPENED IN HAWAII

2. JEONGWON'S PRIESTHOOD DECISION

3. IKJUN FOUND OUT ABOUT IKSUN & JUNGWAN
4. SEOKHYEONG'S EX-WIFE (curious about this!!)

Before i joined the forum, I didn't think of any ships.. but i do find the whole Gyeoul interactions to Dr Bong & Ikjung are hilarious. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, loveiskim said:

however, preview for next episode doesn’t seems good :sweatingbullets: i wonder what happen. I have to prepare my heart hahaha

Iksong shippers are worried as well. It could honestly go either way :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

On 5/14/2020 at 12:24 PM, kiefshi1056 said:

Im falling for ikjun he is such a good friend " I want Gyeol to be happy with my friend Jwon":love:

Is he projecting about himself like how JWan said when IJ was talking to Capt Ahn.  Does he want GW to be happy with him ?  Just wondering?  This looks like WYSWIG is not the case .  IJ seems to be sad underneath and not displaying it to the world and acting all fine and dandy is causing heartaches for him.  He wants a girl to fuss over him like GW fussing over JWon, but has not realized that the affections from GW has turned towards him.  Once he does, he might be happy since he adores her so much  - both her work ethic and her.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, superspace said:

Many of us are worried about Jeong-won's headache. Even some theories guessed that he might be sick. But, my feeling said that his headache is related to his mental/psychological condition where he didn't do what he want to do (Gyeoul). He suppress his complicated feeling between become a Priest (a dream that he has since childhood and finally plan to be executed in the several month ahead) and acknowledge his feeling with a girl that comes into his heart when he didn't expect at all.

And I think he's actually aware about it (the reason of his headache), that's why he didn''t take it seriously and just take a medicine. He didn't go to another doctor or check himself because he knew the cause is not from his physical body.

And also it explain the next scene when Rosa and Chairman Ju were talking about the same thing: "See, the doctor said the same thing. Don't keep it all inside. Let it out. Don't let your thought overload your mind".

So, I'm sorry but I have to say that I didn't think that scene are meaning for romance between Jeong-won and Song-hwa. *piece* :sweatingbullets:

Yeah, I think so too.. I think his headache is a psychosomatic one. due to his psychological stress, it affects his body.. Which the headache will be resolved if he doesn't have the stress anymore.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 14

I know that this is an unpopular opinion but I would like to voice it out. In Ep 10, what I feel for Jeongwon is pity. Everyone seems to shove their opinion into his throat like he is a kid who cannot think for himself.

His Mom nagging for him to get married and not go for priesthood.

Even Songhwa who seemed to understand him most of the time urges him to get married and find a nice lady.

Lastly, IkJun who gave him this long monologue about his feelings which he vehemently denied.

In all three scenes nobody asked for his opinion. Nobody asked him what he wants. They just assumed what’s best for him based on what they see is best for him. Even if he tried to explain it nobody acknowledged his answers. 

I have always questioned why he had to go to confession/church when he is lonely or confused rather than go to his friends. Ep 10 explained it well.

The contrast between his conversation with his brother and Ep 10 nagging scenes is evident. His oldest brother lets him rant about his frustrations by pretending to gobble his food. Then after Jeongwon is done, he gives his opinion. That is why Jeongwon follows his advice.

• Like 17
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, loveiskim said:

however, preview for next episode doesn’t seems good :sweatingbullets: i wonder what happen. I have to prepare my heart hahaha

Yes, prepare your heart but it might not be about the Captain-Shwa loveline. Why do  I have a feeling episode 11 is going to revisit the Captain's medical condition, OPLL? They were talking about his condition during the Team meal at the restaurant. How he was coping with it, and Shwa telling him to endure another year before his board exams. What if the birthday gift that he is requesting from her is for her to operate on him? I can see how she might be conflicted about it...which part of the spine to operate and the possibility of paralysis.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, demarchelier said:

Yes, prepare your heart but it might not be about the Captain-Shwa loveline. Why do  I have a feeling episode 11 is going to revisit the Captain's medical condition, OPLL? They were talking about his condition during the Team meal at the restaurant. How he was coping with it, and Shwa telling him to endure another year before his board exams. What if the birthday gift that he is requesting from her is for her to operate on him? I can see how she might be conflicted about it...which part of the spine to operate and the possibility of paralysis.

Never thought about this even once but i wouldn’t mind if this really happen, because i trust Song hwa with all my heart when it comes to surgery

NS team doing operation for their beloved Capt Ahn? It will be so heartwarming to see :)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

29 minutes ago, DBSKyoochun said:

The contrast between his conversation with his brother and Ep 10 nagging scenes is evident. His oldest brother lets him rant about his frustrations by pretending to gobble his food. Then after Jeongwon is done, he gives his opinion. That is why Jeongwon follows his advice.

Yes, this is also the reason why he keeps so many secret and his character seems like a closed book. I personally think his internal conflict is not just priesthood vs romance. It's more complicated than that (Ep 1 actually already give the clear background story of Jeongwon's internal struggle feeling). This is why I feel his priesthood issue will not be solved in last 2 episode.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, ryanallright said:

If it has been a long time and it is related to the nervous system, maybe SHwa knew about it?

Because when Ikjun ask about it, JWon replied it is something mild and look at SHwa.

Yaps...maybe

By the way I love all theories in this forum

4 hours ago, ryanallright said:

If it has been a long time and it is related to the nervous system, maybe SHwa knew about it?

Because when Ikjun ask about it, JWon replied it is something mild and look at SHwa.

Yaps...maybe

By the way I love all theories in this forum

4 hours ago, Cantabile said:

JKH is brilliant in portraying Junwan's character, that whenever I see him now I always picture him as Junwan, LOL.
At first, we thought Junwan's character is the Jerk one (like Dr. Bong said), but I think he is the most mature among the Lacking 5 (following with Seokhyung). I can't wait to see development between Junwan-Iksun & Seokhyung-Minha (I think these 2 OTPs are the safest to ship LOL).

I don't know because so far his illness is just theory.
I can't give clear opinion about Jeongwon because so far his character is the hardest one to read (along with Songhwa). It doesn't help that the writer hid these two POVs in the scene that need their reaction, e.g. 1. When Ikjun ask Jeongwon if he really likes Gyeowool, 2. When Ikjun's indirect confession to Songhwa (if only one of them can open their mouth just for once, LOL).

I also read Flower Garden theory and I can see the possibility, but since until Ep 10 the established loveline are Ikjun-Songhwa-Chihong and Jeongwon-Gyeowool, I root for IJ-SHwa & JW-GW. I can see JW start to feel interest with GW, but I am not sure if it's enough to hinder him from going to Priesthood (even his mom's begging cannot stop him).
For Jeongwon's arc, the first thing that I am looking for how the writer will handle his priesthood issue before moving up to his romance arc. This is the development that I prefer to see, but I am open up with all possibilities :)

My Flower Garden....I still hope Flower Garden will be endgame I'm okay if Flower Garden not endgame...for me it's little bit sad but it's okay

I trust the writer and PD :D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DBSKyoochun said:

I know that this is an unpopular opinion but I would like to voice it out. In Ep 10, what I feel for Jeongwon is pity. Everyone seems to shove their opinion into his throat like he is a kid who cannot think for himself.

His Mom nagging for him to get married and not go for priesthood.

Even Songhwa who seemed to understand him most of the time urges him to get married and find a nice lady.

Lastly, IkJun who gave him this long monologue about his feelings which he vehemently denied.

In all three scenes nobody asked for his opinion. Nobody asked him what he wants. They just assumed what’s best for him based on what they see is best for him. Even if he tried to explain it nobody acknowledged his answers. 

I have always questioned why he had to go to confession/church when he is lonely or confused rather than go to his friends. Ep 10 explained it well.

Wow u gave me a new insight...it really seems that his internal conflicts are not recieved well by others....maybe that's why he didn't replied to ikjun when ikjun was advicing him...its like he gets that people don't get him...i really want him to find his happiness soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DBSKyoochun said:

Sorry to cut your post, yes songhwa advice him to get married, find nice woman and have kids,,but later on when they're talking about DLL and JeongWon leaving the hospital Song Hwa try to asked him if he's sure about his decision (leaving hospital or entering priesthood) but cut by JeongWon telling her that he will explain everything later, 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ryanallright said:

SHwa is his doctor.  Someone pointed out to me there are XRays of his head (he’s the patient) which have her name (as the attending doctor) on it.  He’s seen her for his headaches.  That’s why after he popped the pill he looked at her and said something about My doctor told me to catch it early.  She may have asked him to quit smoking (as his doctor), hence his crushing of the cigarette.

Many here are saying Andrea telling Rosa that “it’s not SHwa” is an indication that he’s not into her.  In the context of that conversation, he adds later, “I am not seeing/dating anyone” ergo “it’s not GU either”.  Currently he is grappling with priesthood so he’s “seeing“ God.  So he is speaking the truth that it’s not SHwa (or GU)...yet.  He’s not dating.  He needs to decide that priesthood is not his calling before he starts entertaining thoughts of dating.  And given what he was going to say to SHwa (passing on the DLL program on and heading towards priesthood), he’s not going to want his mother there in that conversation because he knows it would upset her.  He would tell her separately at another time.  Ju of course advises Rosa to just stall for time and not give Andrea the opportunity to do so.  :lol:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, demarchelier said:

What if the birthday gift that he is requesting from her is for her to operate on him? I can see how she might be conflicted about it...which part of the spine to operate and the possibility of paralysis.

I don't think its anything serious. My guess is that he wants to invite them for a group drink. It is one of the preview, there's a new face sitting next to Chihong as well, his brother perhaps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And my take on PD saying that HP is more like Prison Playbook is that the tonality is similar.  Both are grittier,  harsher and more grounded in reality.  Less bleating sheep funny moments.  About a set of friends who are the main cast, their lives and also little side plots (which seem to be absent from Reply series).  In PP, there are the inmates that come and go into the lives of the main cast and of course the prison guards/warden.  In HP, you have the fab 5 and the side plots of their patients and nurses/residents.  A Prison does not lend itself to the possibility of a wife hunt.  It’s all male?  So by default the relationships established would’ve been set from the beginning of their incarceration and get to the end point as is (if it doesn’t lose itself along the way).  The only person in a normal social setting who would’ve had the chance of picking another mate would’ve been prison guard played by Jung KyungHo.  And as pointed out by some already, it’s not written by Lee WooJung (she created it though).  So to discount the possibility of twists along the way when it comes to love lines would be premature.  That’s my take of course.  Others are free to have their own assumptions and think otherwise.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3