[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

yes , it’s tell you why you still watching ep 1 

the  man for Chae Song Hwa is this  :tounge_wink:

:lol: I have been rewatching scenes which is why I am back in Ep1.  As for your suggestion for the man for SHwa?  We’ll see.  We’ll see.  :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

:lol:  I open up my Netflix and see this?  Is Netflix telling me something? 

You can't trust the showed up poster in Netflix, I was confused with Netflix before as some drama just brought up the 2nd male/female lead and misleading me! :D:D

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. thanks
  • LOL 8

I have mentioned it before, I have a whole separate heart for this guy only :wub:

And it's so cute watching Yoo Yeon Suk smiling all the time throughout the band filming. Kyeopta~ he's naturally a drummer and seemed really enjoy it. As we can see his positive vibes while playing the instrument in the drama as well ^_^

GPbageo.gif

If they really perform as a band on a stage, certainly many people would instantly fall in love with the drummer.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Ip Man's reference???? :D

Edited by Guest
Pls don’t quote images. thanks

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 20

"Hospital Playlist" finishes season 1, recording last scenes next week

162-D7-F4-F-AE47-4-E09-82-C3-F34-C073382

"Hospital Playlist" is about to have the final recording to close season 1.

On April 21, a TV station's representative told Ilgan Sports, "The Thursday TV series "Hospital Playlist" (tvN) has ended season 1. Along with the last recording next week and producing the second half of season 1, we plan to have some time to reform to prepare for season 2."

"Hospital Playlist" is the second "Wise" series of the production team Shin Won Ho, continuing the drama "Prison Playbook". The work depicts the great chemistry among soulmates who have been such close friends for 20 years that they can understand each other through eyes and the people who are spending normal yet special days in the hospital - the miniature version of life.

"The flower amid a forest of blades" Jeon Mi Do (as Chae Song Hwa) is being praised by many viewers in her first attempt in a drama. Meanwhile, Yoo Yeon Seok and Jung Kyung Ho, who are collaborating for the second time with PD Shin Won Ho, as well as Jo Jung Suk and Kim Dae Myung are radiating joyful energy through their great chemistry. On top of that, the warm and close-knit 20-year friendship of the five made viewers feel heartwarming and they were fondly called "the remarkable highlight of the film". Viewers reviewed "Hospital Playlist" as being filled with the signature beauty of humanity in the films of Shin Won Ho's crew. The ratings of the drama are also continuing to increase. Episode 6 broadcast on April 16 recorded the highest rating of the drama since it was aired with 11.682% (according to the standards of households using paid platforms across Korea).

Reporter Hwang So Young /hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

——

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [3rd Week of April, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from April 13 to 19 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on April 20.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 3rd week of April

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - 31.74% (0)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 22.57% (NEW)

3. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 11.16% (-1)

4. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - 10.49% (-1)

5. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - 2.91% (0)

6. MBC “365: One Year Against Destiny” - 2.88% (+2)

7. JTBC “When the Weather is Fine“ - 2.35% (0)

8. KBS2 “Once Again” - 1.86% (+2)

9. tvN  “Piece of Your Mind” - 1.83% (-3)

10. KBS2 “Welcome” - 1.36% (+6)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 3rd week of April

1. JTBC “World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (0)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Lee Min-ho (NEW)

3. JTBC “World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (-1)

4. JTBC “World of the Married” - Han So-hee (-1)

5. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - Kim Tae-hee (-1)

6. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Kim Go-eun (NEW)

7. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (0)

8. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - Lee Kyu-hyung (-3)

9. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jeon Mi-do (+3)

10. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - Go Bo-gyul (0)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

possibly the closest we got to perfect all kill for JJS aloha

right now the soribada is back at #6 thanks to crazy streaming.

its all #1 except the stupid realtime soribada chart 

this is possibly the biggest robbery in chart for a while. the block with the mass streaming and the smallest chart

not to discredit Kang Daniel in any means but the mass streaming on Soribada chart is the reason why the chart is still a joke. just look at the daily it isnot even #1 but the whole album stack in #1-#10 realtime like HOW?  

and as a nail in the coffin, the whole album is not spotted anywhere in all the other chart ( out of top 100 ).

this is pretty stupid but this is the power of mass streaming and the update for soribada is every 10 minute? or 15 minute so thats help for the mass streaming to use it to the fullest.

Getting PAK is like getting Top Exellence award for your song because the number of song to get pak every year is low ( under 10 usually ). it shows your song not only good but loved by GP. if ur song is not loved by GP then getting pak is almost impossible because the hardest one to break is Melon #1 Daily chart that need you to have the highest accumulative Unique Listener in 1 day. if your song cant get that then say goodbye to PAK ( the latest case is BTS On that got all #1 except melon daily #1 and thus didnt get PAK ) right now aloha is ahead like 150k+ unique listener from #2 and thats a really huge gap. usually that can hold on until like a week or so.  

before the Reform of ichart. there is also pointed out on Naver Chart that is the basecamp of the mass streaming and Block Taeyeon song to get PAK because of the stupid realtime abuse mass streaming. but now the naver chart gone ( although it will be rebranded as Vibe chart and gonna be added soon ) but now they move out too soribada because it is the smallest chart and the easiest to exploit. 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Helena said:

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 3rd week of April

1 hour ago, Helena said:

7. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (0)

Oh wow:thumbsup::heart::love: JJS still in the list & even climbed three points up.  Sooooooo happy for him. He DESERVES it with his MASTER CLASS acting.

1 hour ago, Helena said:

3. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 11.16% (-1)

Again so happy for the drama. May this surpass the previous dramas of PD in terms of ratings. Ameen.

@Samuel YohanesYohanes once again thank u& love u for updates. No matter if he tops Soribada or not , the ratings & rankings JJS & Aloha already got, this is already a HUGE achievement. As u mentioned it never happened before for an actor. But I m also wishing & waiting with u to become him & song an all time hit. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

I was going to say that but hesitated since JI is not everyone's cup of tea. But I must admit I am a fan of JJS since Jealousy Incarnate. He has a great acting range that you can tell, Hwa Shin and Ik Jun are a different person only from their eyes. And this scene in JI that came across to me and always came back to my mind when I refer to "what good acting is with the most subtle expression". A very little grin and belittle gaze that you can recognize what he feels and it changed the whole atmosphere into an icy space. 

Hide contents

q9sopAH.gif

Aah Kaizenayah ah , my feelings, my same thoughts here , his VERY subtle smile,Wow just wow. Won't say much but JJS OUTDID himself in JI . He was DIVINE there as Lee Hwashin.:heart:.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i felt bad...i want to wait this drama finished before i watch but then i cant help cause i like yoo yeon seok....so decide to watch cause the series but some how i dont know why i getting charmed by jang geul wol..could be because the actress shin hyun bin?? or the character itself,now somehow i became like ik jun silent shipper both of them :D

i open to the posible of ahn jeong won being gay?? he want to run from society and joint to became priest..at least it wont hurt his mom??? but his character description mention he the first one want to became priest way back before his brother and sisters...wonder why?? 

it there an article mention the last script for this first season is out and they will be expected last shooting and wrap up season one next..

and there will be time gap before prepare and start season 2..part of me want to make sure they shoot fast,but part of its better take precautions for casting and staff so everyone gets well rest and take care their health during this pandemic..

and i hope for next season we still see others character in season one 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I have been a fan of jjs from his you're the best Lee soon shin days. His smile in the drama made me smile. Since then he has improved leaps and bounds. Be it oh my ghostess, though that drama belonged to park bo young or two cops. 

JI is still one of my most fav dramas. Jjs is flawless. He made me root for the less likable character which usually never happens. 

So glad he is getting so much recognition. He deserves it. And he has a voice of an angel. Just like his wife. I cannot wait to see how incredible their child's voice is going to be.. 

• Love 2

who ever she is im loving what she said "覺得两个發展可能性還是蠻大的" its music to my ears. im crossing my fingers.:love: she also explained every possibilties for Jwon might already notice Winter :wub:

as for my another team Jwan/ilsuk "AROHA"  (native word of New Zealand for LOVE ). I hope this 2 couple will still be in Season 2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, yookitube said:

Just the thought of it... is too cruel and sadistic .... like playing with someone's dear life.

Unless the girl knows it ...and willingly plays along.

What a sham!

Right? Too cruel :wacko: andwae!

Doubt the writer will take that path.

1 hour ago, kiefshi1056 said:

who ever she is im loving what she said "覺得两个發展可能性還是蠻大的" its music to my ears. im crossing my fingers.:love: she also explained every possibilties for Jwon might already notice Winter :wub:

Thanks for this. 

She essentially says what we've  been saying here on this thread regarding Jeong-won and Gyeo Ul, highlighting all those key moments. She certainly believes that a loveline between those two is highly possible.

The bit that I hadn't thought much about was when she mentioned the abusive father saying, "Is the doctor God?" (TBH, I don't remember it) This is the question JW who aspires to the priesthood has been wrestling with. It's his existential struggle, according to her, of trying to decide between medicine and the priesthood because he has such a great painful need to save lives. She reckons that if he receives an epiphany... (we can all hope) that allows his heart to undergo some kind of change, it might allow his and Gyeo Ul's relationship to undergo a change for the better.

She also reads from a short post that notes that when JW observed Gyeo Ul picking maggots off the man, he probably saw her as Mother Teresa and was moved by it... which is an interesting allusion to make. One that I had not considered. It does, however, dovetail with my own idea of JW being a medical missionary and having the right person working alongside him.

And the commenter in the post says what I've always said, that when JW realises that there are different ways to serve God, then that relationship can blossom.

It's a very rough summary of the first 2 1/2 min. But I enjoyed hearing a slightly different take. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

She also reads from a short post that notes that when JW observed Gyeo Ul picking maggots off the man, he probably saw her as Mother Teresa and was moved by it... which is an interesting allusion to make. One that I had not considered. It does, however, dovetail with my own idea of JW being a medical missionary and having the right person working alongside him.

And the commenter in the post says what I've always said, that when JW realises that there are different ways to serve God, then that relationship can blossom.

It has been an interesting read with all the permutations and combinations of pairing that is going on.  Has been a fun and time consuming read.  

Do you really see that JWon is impressed by Dr. JGU actions of picking maggots off a person's leg?  I did not feel that he was moved by it.  On the contrary, he was probably wondering how to instruct her this time on how to handle a patient.  JW had already said that JGU was not his cup of tea.  Will have to wait and see if the writer will rewrite this story to make it believable.  

Also from Jang's characteristic, she is not an empathetic person to patients or their emotional needs.  She is more like a robot when dealing with patients.  Dr. Bae's handling of a mother's outburst when her son was sick vs. Dr. Jang handling a mother who brought in an accident child are the reasons I cannot get along with Jang being a missionary.  To me empathy is more important in missionary cases because of the trauma that they would have gone through.  

Also, why are the pairings so far apart in age.  Jang is around late 20's and the professors are all around 40.  So about 10-12 years age gap.  That would be too much age difference for couples I would say.  Maybe a 2 -5 year is understandable. 

Also, looking at JW, they have portrayed him to be an angel, a buddha etc., by his deeds that he does knowingly and in secret and I have a hard time pairing him with a nosy gossiping girl for JWon.  

I like Jwan and IS pairing.  I want to see how JWan would help IS with whatever her past trauma was.  I don't think the  writer would be that sadistic, but who knows.  IF JWan screws up, I can see more than a high kick from IS and wonder what IJ would do.  

Just my 2 cents for the day.   

Anyway, Thursday is not too far off and looking forward to the next episode and how it progresses.    

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

45 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Do you really see that JW is impressed by Dr. JGU actions of picking maggots off a person's leg?  I did not feel that he was moved by it.  On the contrary, he was probably wondering how to instruct her this time on how to handle a patient.  JW had already said that JGU was not his cup of tea.  Will have to wait and see if the writer will rewrite this story to make it believable.  

I personally thought he was surprised. That's reasonably clear. Whatever else he was expecting, he wasn't expecting that. He was probably coming along to stop her if he had to. Instead he was stopped in his tracks. I think it was interesting and instructive that the camera focused on his reaction for as long as it did. He didn't try to stop her which is also telling. Whether he was moved... I can't say for certain but my own view is that he went through a paradigm shift with her because he said earlier in that episode that "she wasn't his cup of tea". But from that moment on, his dynamic with her does gradually change. There is no malice aforethought in her case. I find that detractors make too much of this comment... as if it determines how he sees her for the rest of the drama. I don't agree. 

I think the point of that scenario was to demonstrate to both Jeong-won and the audience that people have different sides to them. There's nothing wrong with making judgments about people as we all do routinely but nobody is all good or all bad in some simplistic fashion. Someone like Dr Maggot has her uses too. She may seem robotic and her bedside manners need improvement but she can do things other people are reluctant to precisely because she's not squeamish about doing the hard stuff.  That would be the big picture takeaway from that. Moreover, she is extremely popular among the staff at GS. Ik-jun obviously likes her and thinks she's an invaluable asset so there has to be a lot more to her than what we see in Episode 2. 

The beauty of human beings too is that they can change. They can also change their minds. I don't expect Gyeo Ul to remain the same from the start of the drama right to the end. As we can tell, she is already changing over the course of the episodes. And she's not always clinical either. That's what being in residency is for. What she might not be ready to do at this present moment, it doesn't mean she won't be able to do down the track. A sign of good writing is when characters are developed over the course of their journey. I am a fan of Prison Playbook because that's what I witnessed there and it's no different here.

To be honest, I think Jeong-won is on the opposite end. He can be overly emotional. That can be a problem too. I believe he was right to correct her on that occasion but he himself struggles with his own emotional swings. It is fascinating that they are juxtaposed to be such opposites. I have no certainty as to what the writer wants to do with this dynamic but I'm sure there's a purpose to everything.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Are you guys aware of this? Every time Ik Jun was in his room (which often dark, not like the other's room), he often looked down & gloomy, and/or he was having a problem. I think it indicates something about his personality.

G0P1wz8.png

And I am worried about this as well. When Ik Jun said in the preview, "It's too embarrassing if others find out. Why my life so hard?" Ik Jun has been known as the clown in the group that radiates big energy. But it turns out that he had a broken-heart and had a crush on Song Hwa. It just he's good at hiding things. I am worried because seems like he hides anything else important from the group. 

af9NZST.png

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Hi chingus! Have been reading this thread to fill my days until Thursday- thank you all for the discussions and gifs!

Honestly I didn't like the series immediately but kept on watching for YYS but am now addicted to the show and all it's characters. The show has a unique way of drawing people in. Before I realised I had started enjoying the warm friendship, the everyday life of doctors as depicted and the love stories. I really liked the interactions between Ik sun and Jun Wan- the way he looks at her in between her goofiness is so endearing and the way he asked her out was soooo smoooth!!!

Patiently looking forward to growth in other relationships and friendships:) Especially Jeong-won and Gyeo-wol!!!!

• Like 3