[Drama 2020] Good Casting, 굿 캐스팅

larus

This was hilarious! Love that Jun is ready to do this kind of comedy!

Is he going to realize that she is his high school crush/sweetheart??

Also why do I love the BGM music it sounds like it's going thorai thorai(돌아이= crazy person) that is at the start of the video!!! Maybe it's just me! LOL

========================================

Was this posted ,the making video??

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a start! Ep 2 was especially funny! :D

Couldn't stop laughing when Ye Eun met idol Kang Woo Won and exposed his naked body to everyone.... :D

Also, Baek Chan Mi doing the random 90s dance recital in the prison yard was super lol. :D

I like the quirky cinematography, the 70s feel and the girl power! All three ladies are different, and some of them have some "anger management" issues, but I have a feeling that they will become a strong team together.

I can't believe how poorly they treat their team leader, though. No respect for him! lol :D 

Agree that the NIS director is a shady fellow. He's probably working with or for Michael.

@Ameera Ali You don't know what you are missing - the gifs you could be making... :D@triplem You need to check out the first 2 episodes fast!

12 hours ago, joccu said:

After watching the second episode I´m certain that there is a spy in NIS. The NIS director is acting supiciously there is someting about him that I don't trust. The other peson that I find suspicious is the man with the classes who works with the director Myeong Gye-Cheol. I don't know but when he saw baek chan mi it looked liked he knew her.

Yes, NIS Director has another agenda. The high officials are almost always corrupt in these Korean drama crime/spy shows. :sweatingbullets: Ms. Chan Mi is such a fireball. I love her quirky personality. The housewife cracks me up too. I think she knows how to handle Ms. Chan Mi so that the fire doesn’t burn too hot. I’m loving the musical accompaniment in the scenes. “Every Breath You Take” by The Police was a nice treat. 

So I guess the ladies don’t know that Ye Eun’s daughter is the deceased agent’s daughter. 

I just finished watching ep. 2.
I am liking it so far,  more than I thought I would.

I'll catch up on the thread tomorrow.

Below are some stills of Lee Sang Yeob. That scene was funny.

94889758_1144349502572257_70297624028957

95372844_1144349469238927_18481287439109

94775524_1144349462572261_91006000788710

Spoiler

95301613_1144349542572253_41602757042582

95231605_1144349562572251_80266748297027

94889522_1144349595905581_16697931848608

Spoiler

94889522_1144349595905581_16697931848608

94978162_1144349639238910_22317371581572

95251398_1144349679238906_27897639237110

Spoiler

95097972_1144349699238904_79236731215785

94999929_1144349762572231_78624627380296

94705987_1144349709238903_51249906295578

cr: Lee Sang Yeob Thailand Fan page FB

I finally have time to watch the first the episodes.  As expected, I am going to enjoy watching this drama. It is light and funny (except for min Seok`s death. I am sorry for Ye-Eun and her daughter that they lost a family member).

I love the girls. They have a different personalities and I think they will make a good team. Chan-Mi is the most hilarious among them. What a temper she has! :lol: It`s funny how she bickers  with the ex-boyfriend, now her boss. I laughed at her interview job. 

Yoon Seok-Ho likes to listen to the same song (Every Breath You Take by Police ) as Chan Mi`s ringtone. This song has meant something bor both of them. Why Chan Mi broke his heart? They looked good together. 

Another funny scene... When Ye-Eun`s clumsiness made Kang Woo-Won appeared naked in front of everyone. :lol: I thought she photographed him naken by mistake and I thought she will use the photo to blackmail him to accept the deal. Yeah... she doesn`t seem to be the type to do that. :D

I hope Hwang Mi-Soon finds out about her daughter`s problems at school. She will be fierce. Her husband is useless.

There were a lot of funny moments.

Without knowing, the old team has a connection with the present team.  Ye-Eun is in Min-Seok`s place.  Seo Kook-Hwan is very suspicious. When he stopped Chan Min to shoot Michael, I got the impression that he saved him. And the way Chan Mi was stopped to investigate further, I say that really there is a corrupt cop. I put Seo Kook Hwan on top of the list.

I am looking forward to watch the next episode.

Watch: Choi Kang Hee Isn’t Afraid To Throw Down In Behind-The-Scenes Video For “Good Casting”

May 1, 2020
by C. Hong
1bcf436785a145bb825c4e6520d7022d.jpeg?s=

The charismatic female cast of “Good Casting” isn’t afraid to throw their weight around!

On April 30, the SBS drama “Good Casting” released a behind-the-scenes video of Choi Kang Hee, Yoo In Young, Kim Ji Young, and Lee Jong Hyuk rehearsing their scenes.

“Good Casting” is an action comedy about three talented female agents at the National Intelligence Service who were forced to become pencil-pushers but get the chance to go out into the field again in an undercover mission.

The video begins with the meeting in which team leader Dong Gwan Soo (Lee Jong Hyuk) informs the three agents of their mission. Lee Jong Hyuk struggles with his lines and also his attempts to hold in his laughter, not helped by Kim Ji Young’s witty ad-libs and prop-throwing. Kim Ji Young and Choi Kang Hee also lightly tease Yoo In Young, the maknae of the three, by throwing some unexpected ad-libs her way.

In the next scene, Baek Chan Mi (Choi Kang Hee) has gone undercover as the new secretary. However, she is ganged up on by the other secretaries because she is suspected of having gotten the job through personal connections. Instead of taking this lying down, she wraps a handkerchief around her hand and prepares for a fight. Choi Kang Hee’s charismatic acting intimidates even the other actresses, who flinch during a brief rehearsal for the scene.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1397804wpp/watch-choi-kang-hee-isnt-afraid-to-throw-down-in-behind-the-scenes-video-for-good-casting

Choi Kang Hee And Lee Sang Yeob Steal Glances At Each Other During Work In “Good Casting”

May 2, 2020
by C. Hong
6ec409a6ebc544a49d874bee0c670eba.jpeg?s=

SBS’s latest Monday-Tuesday drama “Good Casting” recently released stills of Choi Kang Hee and Lee Sang Yeob in character.

“Good Casting” is an action comedy about three talented female agents at the National Intelligence Service who were forced to become pencil-pushers until one day, they get the chance to go out into the field again on an undercover mission.

Spoilers

During last week’s premiere, Baek Chan Mi (Choi Kang Hee), Im Ye Eun (Yoo In Young), and Hwang Mi Soon (Kim Ji Young) were given the mission to catch Michael Lee, an international industrial spy who caused the death of one of their fellow agents. In order to do this, the three female agents infiltrated the target company, Ilkwang Hi-Tech.

In the upcoming episode, the three agents will begin their undercover mission in earnest. Baek Chan Mi is in disguise as the new secretary, but her real job is to stick close to the company’s CEO, Yoon Seok Ho (Lee Sang Yeob). In the new stills, the two of them are spotted at the company restaurant together, avoiding each other’s gaze awkwardly but stealing glances at each other in secret.

The awkward atmosphere begins to melt away, however, when they sit at the same table and share a small smile. The two of them met in the past at a cram school, but it is unclear whether they remember their past connection or how it will affect their present-day relations.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1397967wpp/choi-kang-hee-and-lee-sang-yeob-steal-glances-at-each-other-during-work-in-good-casting

Good Casting: Episode 1

by Sunny

GoodCasting01-00124.jpg

Good Casting is what happens when you cross ajummas with Charlie’s Angels. Considering the premise, I admit I was expecting the show to have a campier vibe and while there were certainly some silly moments, the premiere was much more action-packed and serious than I’d anticipated. As long as it keeps the quirky elements coming and doesn’t delve too deep into dark waters, this has the potential for being a pretty fun ride.

EPISODE 1: “The new team”

GoodCasting01-00008-1.jpgGoodCasting01-00012-1.jpg

A ship waits in the middle of the ocean, using a flashlight to signal a second ship for their rendezvous. The men speak Mandarin as the second ship passes a create to the first. Confirming a small memory card hidden within the fish, the ship crew hand over a sack of cash. As the second boat drives away, the crew of the first discover a bomb, conspicuously marked with the letter “M.” They open fire on the boat, but their bullets fail to penetrate the glass of the captain’s booth and a faceless man in a blue scarf detonates the bomb on the ship.

Afterwards, at NIS (National Intelligence Service) headquarters, Seo Kook-hwan reports the casualties to Deputy Head Geum Dong-seok. DONG GWAN-SOO (Lee Jong-hyuk) takes over for the fallen team and we learn the mystery man responsible is Michael Lee, a Level 1 criminal on their watchlist. He was initially identified after stealing classified US Air Force Intelligence and defecting to China. All parties involved in Michael’s deals later disappeared or were found dead, so his identity remains unknown.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/good-casting-episode-1/

Yoo In Young Pleads On Her Knees For A Favor From U-KISS’s Jun In “Good Casting”

May 4, 2020
by S. Park
46fb2515c02143b4b7011443cbd622e4.jpeg?s=

Yoo In Young will experience another embarrassing moment in front of U-KISS’s Jun on the next episode of “Good Casting”!

In the new SBS drama, Yoo In Young plays Im Ye Eun, a quick-thinking but clumsy National Intelligence Service agent who suddenly finds herself out in the field, while Jun plays a popular rising star named Kang Woo Won. Last week, Im Ye Eun went undercover together with fellow agents Baek Chan Mi (played by Choi Kang Hee) and Hwang Mi Soon (played by Kim Ji Young) in order to capture spy Michael Lee.

On May 3, “Good Casting” released new stills from its upcoming episode that appear to capture Im Ye Eun and Kang Woo Won in another awkward moment after their “naked run-in.” Im Ye Eun approaches Kang Woo Won to persuade him to sign an advertising model contract, but Kang Woo Won responds with his usual chilly manner, and Im Ye Eun cowers in front of the intimidating actor. The agent even ends up pleading on her knees, and the situation worsens as Kang Woo Won looks shocked after seeing something on her phone.

Jun-Yoo-In-Young_1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398123wpp/yoo-in-young-pleads-on-her-knees-for-a-favor-from-u-kisss-jun-in-good-casting

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/05/688_288969.html

Actresses in 40s, 50s see careers rebound

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2020-05-04

Actresses in their 40s and 50s are seeing their careers rebound on the small screen as their performances captivated viewers for their realism and engaging stories, marking a shift in themes of popular TV series from male character-oriented stories to strong female character-centered content.

Compared with the past, when a lot more opportunities were given to men, female-led stories have found a large audience thanks to bold storytelling and the delicate depiction of characters. The fact that drama series have diversified in terms of genres, themes and execution has also led such a change. 

JTBC drama "The World of the Married," starring Kim Hee-ae, has become the most talked about drama in Korea. SBS drama "Good Casting," featuring Choi Kang-hee, and tvN "When My Love Blooms," led by Lee Bo-young, have also successfully appealed to the mainstream audience here. 

Spoiler

8BFD7A8B-A2C7-43AC-AFF9-E74DA862547C.jpg

Actress Kim Hee-ae / Courtesy of JTBC

In "The World of the Married," actress Kim, 53, plays Ji Sun-woo, a dedicated wife and doctor who finds out about her husband's affair and sets out to take revenge against him. It has caught viewers' attention with its fast-paced, suspense-filled plot, in which characters experience a whirlwind of emotions. 

In contrast to her previous roles appearing as the adulteress in the SBS drama "My Husband's Lover" (2007), JTBC hit "How Long I've Kissed" (2012) and "Secret Affair" (2014), Kim taps into a different mode in "The World of the Married." 

The veteran actress gives strong, yet delicate psychological depictions that impart a sense of reality to the story. "One of the reasons why this drama became a great success was the casting of its lead actress," BBC Studios producer Charles Harrison said in a press conference, praising Kim's acting skills.

Based on the BBC One series "Doctor Foster," the 16-episode drama set a new ratings record for a cable drama. It reached a viewership of 24.3 percent for its 12th episode, Saturday, breaking the previous record of 23.8 percent set by the final episode of JTBC hit drama "Sky Castle" in 2019.

10002DFF-AF2C-42F1-8424-3B962C1A6883.jpg

Actress Choi Kang-hee / Courtesy of SBS

"Good Casting," starring Choi, 43, got off to a great start by hitting double digit ratings with its premiere last week.

The story centers on Chan-mi (Choi), a national intelligence agent who sets out to save the country. She plays a hot-tempered undercover agent who excels in martial arts and speaks multiple languages. 

In "When My Love Blooms," actress Lee, 41, plays Yoon Ji-soo who reunites with her first love after two decades. It features a more mature portrayal of romance. 

Lee's acting career spans across not only multiple decades but multiple genres, from playing a woman who dreams of revenge after betrayal to the role of a teacher who becomes a mother to an abused child.

"The diversified genres, abundance of women-centered dramas and playing roles of professionals have brought new opportunities to older women actresses," culture critic Jung Duk-hyun said. 

Good Casting: Episode 2

by Sunny

GoodCasting02-00066.jpg

We see our ladies in action as they infiltrate Il Kwang Hitech and navigate workplace hijinks while trying to maintain their cover. Their team leader may have found himself in over his head as he struggles to corral his team amidst the chaos. Meanwhile, we get more glimpses into the events 3 years ago that seem to hide darker secrets.

EPISODE 2 RECAP

GoodCasting02-00001.jpgGoodCasting02-00006.jpg

3 Years Ago – Following their failed mission, Chan-mi sat silently in an interrogation room as another agent accused her of shooting Min-seok letting the scarfed man escape. Shaking, she stares down at Min-seok’s ring, thinking of his lifeless body. The agent threatens to check her family’s accounts (for mysterious deposits) and tosses out the gun and some crime scene photos. Enraged, Chan-mi throws down her badge and storms out.

Chan-mi is snapped out of her reverie by the interview panel for Il Kwang Hitech. They ask what she did for the past 3 years and while she narrates internally she’d had a three-month suspension and then was shuffled among various teams, aloud she says she took time off to reflect and reassess her goals. Watching from the surveillance van, Gwan-soo rounds on rookie Moo-hyuk, demanding why he didn’t fudge Chan-mi’s resume.

Poor Moo-hyuk replies Chan-mi was confident she’d be hired immediately and Gwan-soo cries she’s a bulldozer. Back in the interview, the panel question whether Chan-mi is concerned about the gap and she launches into a spiel about the gender divide weighing unfairly on women. The panel is uncomfortable and Chan-mi beams, volunteering to be the example Il Kwang Hitech sets… but is rejected.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/good-casting-episode-2/

“Good Casting” Continues To Lead Monday-Tuesday Dramas, “Mothers” Starring Han Hye Jin Airs Episode 1 Of 2

May 5, 2020
by R. Jun
b4fbe99a14734b18b906ccd2a7d102db.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Good Casting” continues to lead Monday-Tuesday dramas.

Despite a drop in ratings since its premiere, “Good Casting” sits at the head of the pack of Monday-Tuesday evening dramas. According to Nielsen Korea, the May 4 broadcast of the drama recorded 8.5 and 9.8 percent viewership, for a 1 point decrease from the previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398387wpp/good-casting-continues-to-lead-monday-tuesday-dramas-mothers-starring-han-hye-jin-airs-episode-1-of-2

U-KISS’s Jun And Yoo In Young Find Themselves In A Dangerous Situation In “Good Casting”

May 5, 2020
by J. Lim
e782f22756904beebd6db7070275ecfd.jpeg?s=
May 5, 2020
by J. Lim

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Good Casting” has shared new stills of Yoo In Young and U-KISS’s Jun in big trouble.

“Good Casting” is an action comedy that tells the story of three talented female agents at the National Intelligence Service who were forced to become pencil-pushers until one day, they get the chance to go out into the field again on an undercover mission. Yoo In Young takes on the role of Im Ye Eun, who goes from assisting field agents from her desk to a field agent herself, and Jun plays rising star Kang Woo Won, who lands himself a role in a major drama.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Kang Woo Won unexpectedly found himself naked in front of Im Ye Eun, and he was convinced that she had taken a photo of him in that state. Because of this, Kang Woo Won refused to make a decision on renewing his advertisement contract with Ilkwang Hi-Tech unless Im Ye Eun was personally involved, deepening the conflict between the two.

The new stills show the pair in a dangerous situation that goes beyond the conflicts they’ve been having so far. Im Ye Eun and Kang Woo Won are placed in chairs and back to back, tied up with rope and gagged with tape. Their eyes are filled with fear as their gazes focus in on someone, raising curiosity to know what exactly got them in that situation.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1398436wpp/u-kisss-jun-and-yoo-in-young-find-themselves-in-a-dangerous-situation-in-good-casting

I thought that being NIS agent was like top sercet? how can criminals bought the informtion about someone being NIS agent so easily?

I am forseeing that the watch that involves the information is going to end up with kang won and not with the buyer.

50 minutes ago, corey said:

A question to you -please help me -  I am bad with face recognition. Is the younger version of Chairman Yoon and Chan mi played by another couple of actors?

nope. they are played by the same actors. so Lee sangyeop and choi kanghee also play the younger versions

I ask why she had to go through that without loosening the screws and get her butt stuck. Must feel like a racket stuck to your body!! This part I felt pain and could not laugh?? LOL.

I don't know what they really saying but seems they try to guess current slang terms in SK! And Jun is bad at it and they tease him for it!!!(He's not in his 20's now)something like that LOL

I can't believe I almost missed this show! It's on Viki but the subs are taking forever as opposed to Nobody Knows it's predecessor. The first two episodes really remind me of why I LOVE Choi Kang Hee. I haven't watched her since Protect the Boss (I know, I know) but this character reminds me of her character in Protect the Boss. I'm here for the ahjumma's kicking butt and Jun must love working with ahjummas (Avenger's Social Club). I like how everyone's past is connected and Micheal HAS to be in the NIS. Has to be. 

“Good Casting” Hits Double Digit Ratings Again With Latest Episode

May 6, 2020
by R. Jun
9870777ce7a5472d91192379d49a473e.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Good Casting” has seen a boost in ratings for its latest episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, the episode aired on May 5 recorded nationwide averages of 8.7 and 11.1 percent viewership, for a 1.3 point increase from its previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398564wpp/good-casting-hits-double-digit-ratings-again-with-latest-episode

I'm fine with the high jinks and clumsiness as they're used for laughs. But there should be some sense of security. They are NIS agents for heaven's sake. Don't they even know that wrestling with the wheel of a running vehicle is dangerous? It's not funny. These agents are inept, especially the TL. They're even bad with directions? They are not millennials who rely on technology like Maps and Waze. They've been on the road for years, so they should at least know the roads in Seoul, if that is where the mission is. They have a beeper for emergency. But they cannot track its signal?

Duh? The delivery guy's scooter is faster than the truck the team is using? Sheesh! I hope they will tone down the slapstick in the next episodes.

But I'll continue to watch, as I like Choi Kang Hee. I wish there will be another season of Mystery Queen.

Archived