Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2020] Good Casting, 굿 캐스팅

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

I miss bio-teacher so much , that was my favourite role of his having seen most of his dramas since Innocent Man...but yes I do wish he was part of the main action cause right now I feel some disconnect with his scenes . 

So now I wonder what is CEO's link to all this? I really hope he is not Michael...I don't think so of course but I feel they'd create some doubt along the way. CEO being one of the main characters  can't possibly just be here to play her admirer .

I feel like there is a disconnect in Yoon Seok Ho's scenes because there is very little interaction between him and Baek Chan Mi. All we see are flashbacks.

What is a bit "concerning" is the song choice that we keep seeing in scenes with him. It is a well known fact that "Every Breath You Take" is NOT a romantic song. Sting has said several times in interviews, that the song is about an ex-lover who is still very obsessed and jealous about his/her ex. He even said that he has hard time understanding how some people find it romantic and how some couples even play this sinister song at weddings... :crazy:

Now I am not sure if the song choice is intentional or not - might be that the writers missed this fact about the song, but in the end of ep 6 we see him turn a bit "stalkerish" in my opinion. He even has a dream about giving Chan Mi a ring, and he calls it a one-sided love.

TBH, I find it a bit creepy....?

So, I am a bit on the fence here that he is totally innocent (not involved with Michael somehow), because at the moment his story arc doesn't really serve much of a purpose (yet). It would be totally cool if he turned out to be a bad guy! Now that would be a twist that we don't often see in Korean dramas. :D

EDIT: @joccu I think M stands for Michael, and I think it's an organization.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

What is a bit "concerning" is the song choice that we keep seeing in scenes with him. It is a well known fact that "Every Breath You Take" is NOT a romantic song. Sting has said several times in interviews, that the song is about an ex-lover who is still very obsessed and jealous about his/her ex. He even said that he has hard time understanding how some people find it romantic and how some couples even play this sinister song at weddings... :crazy:

So, I am a bit on the fence here that he is totally innocent (not involved with Michael somehow), because at the moment his story arc doesn't really serve much of a purpose (yet). It would be totally cool if he turned out to be a bad guy! Now that would be a twist that we don't often see in Korean dramas. :D

EDIT: @joccu I think M stands for Michael, and I think it's an organization.

I would totally like to see that Yoon seokho being part with M. Bc somehow he looks too innocent.  So it would be nice cover. 

About the song I honestly don't know. I just find it totally creepy that still some people thing it is a love song. So I honestly hope that the producer knows and it is intentional. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, partyon said:

I am catching up on the episodes - just finished ep 5 - one more to go.

Man, the logic in this drama is...erhm...not stellar.... I am just trying to ignore the obvious plot holes, and enjoy our 3 ahjummas take down one bad guy after the other.

Same here, I just caught up on ep. 5. I was watching Hyena for the last five days or so.

And actually, the logic of the drama is a bit off-putting for me. I just cannot suspend my disbelief all that much. I mean, Chan mi for on a 10-hour trip to Taiwan while she is supposed to be working as  a secretary? Unless it was a weekend? And why did they need to apprehend the suspect on a plane, really all they needed to go is to stop him from boarding the plane. And so on and so on...

Also, I feel such a disconnect between the super smart hacker girl and the loser who does not even check what her seat number is while boarding a plane. And who is looking after her kid, do we get an explanation... Anyway, I can probably go for hours like that. I will just focus on romances instead...

10 hours ago, triplem said:

So now I wonder what is CEO's link to all this? I really hope he is not Michael...

:o Oh no, not our cutie!

9 hours ago, partyon said:

What is a bit "concerning" is the song choice that we keep seeing in scenes with him. It is a well known fact that "Every Breath You Take" is NOT a romantic song. ...[...]

TBH, I find it a bit creepy....?

Yeah, me too. But I hope the writer simply did not know....

BTW, I am laughing out loud at the fashion in the drama. The clothes are exactly like the ones I wore during my university days, LOL! (yes, I am that old!). I thought this "lewk" would never come back, because, frankly speaking, such style is not flattering, except for ultra-thin and very tall people.

Can you tell me if this is indeed the high-street look these days? High-waisted pleated slacks narrow at the ankles, shoulder pads, short jackets, oversized shirts tucked in trousers, mom jeans? The last time I paid attention to hight street fashion was about ten years ago, when trousers which looked like tights were all the rage. How is it now?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, corey said:

BTW, I am laughing out loud at the fashion in the drama. The clothes are exactly like the ones I wore during my university days, LOL! (yes, I am that old!). I thought this "lewk" would never come back, because, frankly speaking, such style is not flattering, except for ultra-thin and very tall people.

Can you tell me if this is indeed the high-street look these days? High-waisted pleated slacks narrow at the ankles, shoulder pads, short jackets, oversized shirts tucked in trousers, mom jeans? The last time I paid attention to hight street fashion was about ten years ago, when trousers which looked like tights were all the rage. How is it now?

@corey You're not the only one.... :joy:

I have no idea about high-street look nowadays. I see what the kids are wearing and it's very similar to what we see in this drama. The mom jeans, oversized shirts, short jackets, shoulder pads....

I really wish we could've left the shoulder pads in the 80s.... Why bring them back, why???? :bawling:

Spoiler

758174013.png

• LOL 6

@partyon, ROTFL! These pictures...the hair...Melanie Griffith..Pre-plastic surgely Jennifer Grey...Young Winona Ryder! Krystle and Alexis!

That surely broght back some memories... From a long time ago... like almost in another galaxy, without mobile phones, with the Internet in its diapers,...

And you say this fashion is back??? :crazy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@corey Yes, I believe that this fashion is coming back (according to what I see in the stores, dramas and on kids).... :D 

Yet, due to the lockdown/quarantine I am mostly focused on old sweat pants and coffee stained t-shirts.... :D 

I have to still complain a bit about the obvious plot holes in this drama.:crazy:

I don't care what anybody says, but that karate lady shot a police officer at close range. How can it be justified that she is not in jail?!?!?!? Who cares if the bullet grazed the police officer - she still shot at him! That's enough to throw her in prison and throw away the key, no?

And don't get me started on the plane scene.... That plane was not so big that they couldn't have found Mr.Pil already at the beginning of a 3 hour flight... :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Those pictures totally bright my day.:joy:

I don't follow fashion trend so I don't have no idea what is in right now. But honestly I would never wear those shoulder pads.

But i use overshized shirts tuck to my skinny jeans. I could never use mommy jeans. But who know maybe they are back in fashion.

But everything looks good on people if they are skinny or toned.

about this drama. Finally was able to watch episode 6. I honestly don't get how changmi got all those things in the plane? it was too riduculous :joy: And the fight scene in the plane. I just don't get it. How did he escape? I mean they hadn't even landed yet`?

I'm starting to think that this is going to be the kind of drama that you shouldn't think about any logic and only watch and enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, partyon said:

I have to still complain a bit about the obvious plot holes in this drama.:crazy:

I don't care what anybody says, but that karate lady shot a police office at close range. How can it be justified that she is not in jail?!?!?!? Who cares if the bullet grazed the police officer - she still shot at him! That's enough to throw her in prison and throw away the key, no?

Yes, I was flabbergasted about that too. Yes, I get this is a comedy show, yes, I get it that it is a format for the drama that good gus are clumsy and bad guys smart, but this actually throws the entire logic of the show out of the window. I mean whaaat? Let her go? When she was caught red - handed?

23 minutes ago, partyon said:

And don't get me started on the plane scene.... That plane was not so big that they couldn't have found Mr.Pil already at the beginning of a 3 hour flight... :D

That was actually beyond ridicuouls. Why not stop him before he boards the plane????

3 minutes ago, joccu said:

But honestly I would never wear those shoulder pads.

But i use overshized shirts tuck to my skinny jeans. I could never use mommy jeans. But who know maybe they are back in fashion.

[Sigh] I wore it a lot... both shoulder pads and mom's jeans...That was the fahion back then and I did not know any better...

3 minutes ago, joccu said:

I'm starting to think that this is going to be the kind of drama that you shouldn't think about any logic and only watch and enjoy.

That was kind of clear from the beginning for me. 

However, what I would like to see more is the girls really showing their skills (like the hacker girl) and less silly anticls and ultimately poinless car chases. Also - the tone changes too much for my taste - we got emotional scene at one point (like pregnant Ye Eun finding abou the death of her partner) and then quickly back to silly illogical antics...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@corey  I'm born in the 80's so I when I was young I actually owned those mommy jeans. But luckily then levi's jeans came.  And my mom owned those pads jackets. We had fashions shows when we were kids( me, my cousins and my brothers) and I have couples of photos were I wore those pads jackets. But Now I couldn't even dream to wear anything that I wore in the 80¨s. Luckily then we didn¨t have internet or those photos would be over the net by now.

I would totally like to see more off the skills and not too many silly antics. more action and little less off sillyness.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@triplem For someone who was a Bio teacher, we didn't see much of him teaching biology lol jk. Same here! I loved his role a lot in Love Affairs in the Afternoon. An intriguing character that is more interesting as you peel back the layers of his passive and quiet self. Great acting there as he was dramatic there while in this show Good Casting, he is comedic.

I do wonder if there's more to his role. I think there is, and as @partyon has mentioned the pop up of Every Breath You Take here, and that it has got us wondering if there's something more to the presence of this song whenever he plays it around Chan Mi.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Stills

Good Casting: Episode 6

by Sunny

GoodCasting06-00052.jpg

Every career comes with its challenges, but retrieving the stolen data proves to be just the tip of the iceberg for our intrepid spies as they now turn their attention to the people behind the theft and start to realize things may be more complicated than they anticipated.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

After the chaos in coach – where the team managed to retrieve the watch from Cheol-woong but lost Chief Tak – Ye-eun returns to Woo-won at the end of the flight to find his face ravaged by his nut allergy. He insists he didn’t eat peanuts, not realizing the pistachios in the cookies are also a tree nut he should avoid. Ye-eun gently slides sunglasses and a mask over his face and takes his hand, telling him to just follow her.

In the airport, Chan-mi and Gwan-soo sit on either side of the still unconscious Cheol-woong, bickering over who will take charge of the investigation upon returning to Korea. Their fussing wakes Cheol-woong in time to hear the announcement of their return flight, but the pair knock him out before he can run. Meanwhile, Ye-eun reports the incident with Woo-won’s allergy to her cranky superior, Hyo-jin – taking the blame for his mistake – and is ordered back, as well.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/good-casting-episode-6/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @larus for the new stills. :)

Is anyone else getting "Protect the Boss" vibes from the scenes between Lee Sang Yeob and Choi Kang Hee? Just swap out Lee Sang Yeob to Ji Sung and voilà ! :D

And what is happening between KWW and Ye Eun? Looks like she's not too thrilled to be in the kitchen with him, whereas he looks quite content...

• Like 5

Choi Kang Hee And Lee Sang Yeob Encounter Danger + Yoo In Young Makes Dinner For U-KISS’s Jun In “Good Casting”

db1b6ef3ce134699a1d7c1d6d72e1a92.jpeg?s=

SBS’s action comedy drama “Good Casting” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode.

“Good Casting” tells the story of three talented female agents at the National Intelligence Service who were forced to become pencil-pushers until one day, they get the chance to go out into the field again on an undercover mission.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, it was revealed in a flashback scene that company CEO Yoon Seok Ho’s (Lee Sang Yeob’s) first love was his tutor Baek Chan Mi (Choi Kang Hee). The new stills show Yoon Seok Ho furious as he witnesses Baek Chan Mi in danger. After running into someone at a rest stop and quarreling back and forth, Baek Chan Mi unleashes her skills as a top agent to bring down her assailant.

However, when Baek Chan Mi spots Yoon Seok Ho, her fierce expression changes to fear as she hides behind him. Yoon Seok Ho sports anger on his face as he confronts the attacker. Curiosity is mounting over why the two ended up at a rest stop, and whether or not Yoon Seok Ho will find out the true identity of his secretary who eerily resembles his first love.

The producers commented, “The two characters add sweetness and fun in the midst of all the tense action. Keep an eye out for how their relationship will progress.”

Meanwhile, undercover agent Im Ye Eun (Yoo In Young) and rising star Kang Woo Won (Jun) surprise viewers with uncharacteristic sweetness. In the photos, Im Ye Eun goes to Kang Woo Won’s house and dons an apron to prepare a fantastic dinner for him. Kang Woo Won looks at the table full of dishes as if in disbelief, but Im Ye Eun doesn’t appear satisfied based on the sullen look on her face.

Kang Woo Won sits at the table in the final pictures, looking up at Im Ye Eun with a sweet smile. What could be the reason for Im Ye Eun going to his house, and how will their relationship progress?

When filming for the scene, Yoo In Young and Jun prepared by reading through their lines together multiple times and deciding on gestures to use. Jun made everyone on set burst into laughter when he saw all the food on the table and asked, “Can I eat this after we finish filming?”

The producers commented on the pair’s relationship, saying, “The actors are happy to see that there are many fans who want scenes displaying Yoo In Young and Jun’s chemistry. You can definitely expect to see more of their chemistry in future episodes.”

The next episode of “Good Casting” airs on May 18 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400867wpp/choi-kang-hee-and-lee-sang-yeob-encounter-danger-yoo-in-young-makes-dinner-for-u-kisss-jun-in-good-casting

Spoiler

Jun-Yoo-In-Young1.jpg

Yoo-In-Young2.jpg

Yoo-In-Young-1.jpg

Spoiler

Jun2.jpg

Jun-1.jpg

Spoiler

Choi-Kang-Hee.jpg

Choi-Kang-Hee-1.jpg

Spoiler

Choi-Kang-Hee-Lee-Sang-Yeob-1.jpg

Choi-Kang-Hee-Lee-Sang-Yeob.jpg

Choi-Kang-Hee-Lee-Sang-Yeob-2.jpg

• Like 7

I am watching this drama weekly but somehow didn't find my way into the thread so far. I have to say it's pretty quiet here :(

I guess there isn't that much to talk about unless you want to get into the plot logics. I just enjoy the ride. 

I always love a spy comedy. I don't know why there aren't more of them. And always love a female lead cast.

I like the style of the drama. Those little editing tricks, the soundtrack. And i have to say the action is surprisingly great. The best i've seen in quite some time in a kdrama. I just prefer this to when you have a 1v20 fight in a supposedly serious OCN drama. I think it has a lot to do with that the drama is preproduced and i like that. Which also means no last minute changes to pander to themselves or the audiences. And of course it also helps with the shitty production conditions for the staff etc. I hope the trend continues.

It's my first drama with Choi Gang-Hee but i'll watch Queen of Mystery next. I always thought of her as this quirky comedic actress.

DANG. I didn't know that she is so FIT. (Not in the Lee Da-hee super tall and slim style). She has pretty broad shoulders and just looks really strong. The wide clothes probably play into that. When she did her little walk and dance through the prison it was quite an impressive appearance. You don't want to mess with that one.

I kinda thought the drama would be a lot more about the work in the company. Basically an office comedy about handling the tasks and undercover work at once. So far there has been very little of that and a lot of spy plot outside instead. Well i love the action. 

Some of the plot and slapstick is a bit too stupid.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, corey said:

If these three agents are the best NIS can muster for such a critical mission, god help the K-Dramaland!  :D

For real. They must spend all their budget ob bribing people.. They have so low ressources assigned to this mission. It can't be hard to find another person who can get into a club but she has to fight her way in :D

Or the recent bomb and hostage plot. So what if he blows up lol? They always potray the NIS as some kind of police organization that wants to arrest people or cares about casualties.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:35 PM, corey said:

Yes, I was flabbergasted about that too. Yes, I get this is a comedy show, yes, I get it that it is a format for the drama that good gus are clumsy and bad guys smart, but this actually throws the entire logic of the show out of the window. I mean whaaat? Let her go? When she was caught red - handed?

Yep. And again. They are not the police. It's not like they care a lot about legal justifications. Or they can always just use the National Security Act.

But as you said it's all good fun.

Lee Sang-yeob is basically shooting his own little memory romcom so far. Which is a lot of fun but i wouldn't mind a bit more from him either.

Yu In-Young is super fun. I was glad that she that she had some opportunity to show off her hacking skills earlier in the show when she was just making coffee otherwise. And i mean she seems a lot more capable than the two dudes in the van.. (let's not even talk about them :D)

I really like her plot. I feel like i should love it and i want to. But the idol/actor is just such a richard simmons. Ughh. I get that he is supposed to be immature and maybe not the brightest. The problem is that he is just super rude to people. I also get that she is his assistant and gets ordered around. But all of that could be done in a ok but he is still kinda cute and fun kind of way. But he just seems like an richard simmons. We also got to see how he treated his former manager and probably all the people he thinks aren't on his level. And just because he might fall in love with her and starts treating her better doesn't change who he is as a person.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Excuse me but is the young snobby ill- mannered celebrity going to have a love line with YIY? Eeewww....

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Excuse me but is the young snobby ill- mannered celebrity going to have a love line with YIY? Eeewww....

Isn't he? If not, then what is the whole freaking point of this whelp? LoL :D. I am specifically watching this show to see the moment he stops being such a whiny rude eejit. As @Fabbo said above, so far there are no signs of him having any "arc" to that effect, but it is still early in the show. He definitely warms a tiny little bit to the girl (the scene in the epilogue when he watches her hesitate to press the doorbell, the fact that he got in her defence when his agency CEO was laughing at her), so I believe a love line is in the making... But yes, he needs to change first to make me root for him. For now I am just rooting for Ye Eun, poor baby....

• Like 7

@corey I went to check. The guy is 29 in the description even though he is born in 1997. Ye Eun with the 3 year daughter is written as only being 28 years old. Although she was born in 1984. Making her 13 years older than the actor.

But if the writer wrote them as 28 and 29 years old then yes romance will be a strong possibility.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

What's wrong??? I'm all for it hahaha

• LOL 3

Good casting squad

• Like 3

From Lee Sang Yeob's Instagram:

“Good Casting” Maintains No. 1 Ratings Spot, “Born Again” Sees Boost In Viewership

e9569a2cc8524a13b78993e59ec21168.jpeg?s=

Despite a dip in ratings for the third consecutive episode, SBS’s “Good Casting” has maintained its position as the No. 1 Monday-Tuesday drama.

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 18 broadcast of the drama recorded nationwide averages of 7.6 and 9.1 percent viewership, for a 0.1 point decrease from the previous episode.

Meanwhile, KBS2’s “Born Again” saw an increase in ratings Monday, recording averages of 2.4 and 2.9 percent, for a 0.6 point boost from the previous episode.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1401208wpp/good-casting-maintains-no-1-ratings-spot-born-again-sees-boost-in-viewership

• Like 3