• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Drama 2020] Good Casting, 굿 캐스팅

Good Casting: Episode 4

by Sunny

GoodCasting04-00168.jpg

Our lady spies dig deeper into the suspicious men around them and uncover more of what is turning out to be a complicated web of players. Unfortunately, the intrepid trio may have bitten off more than they can chew, because the answers they seek come with a price.

EPISODE 4 RECAP

GoodCasting04-00012.jpgGoodCasting04-00011.jpg

Now knowing Chan-mi’s identity, Chief Tak snickers when she introduces herself with her undercover name. Upstairs, Mi-soon manages to pick the lock in Chief Tak’s desk… only to find it overflowing with red ginseng packets. Shutting the drawer in annoyance, Mi-soon accidentally breaks her hairpin in the lock as Chan-mi’s warning texts they’re on their way go unnoticed. Chief Tak continues to pepper Chan-mi with questions until Seok-ho questions his sudden interest.

Chief Tak says he’s merely curious of their seemingly close relationship and Seok-ho wonders if he should be equally curious about Chief Tak and Director Myeong’s relationship. The tension breaks when elevator stops, and Chan-mi and Seok-ho depart as Chief Tak snickers a crow has landed on the puppet CEO. Meanwhile, Mi-soon dislodges the hairpin and finally sees Chan-mi’s text. Grabbing the trash, she scurries out, passing Chief Tak in the hall.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/good-casting-episode-4/

• Like 4

test your creativity! join us!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, corey said:

ALso, regarding MI Soo - I really, really hated it when the bodyguards at the door let Chan Mi go to the bar but stopped Mi Soo - apparently because she is too old. What an ugly example of ageism.

I think I saw it in other movies that there is a selection of people who enter the club. Are older people really stopped for entering a club? That`s so wrong. Minors should be stopped to enter but why stop older people?  Now I wonder if there was an ajusshi, they will let him enter or not? I am afraid to not be a double discrimination here.

I was satisfied that Mi Soon kicked their butt after that.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, larus said:

I think I saw it in other movies that there is a selection of people who enter the club. Are older people really stopped for entering a club? That`s so wrong. Minors should be stopped to enter but why stop older people?  Now I wonder if there was an ajusshi, they will let him enter or not? I am afraid to not be a double discrimination here.

I was satisfied that Mi Soon kicked their butt after that.

Oh yeah, definitely happens in real life. Some clubs don't have lines - they just ask people to stand in a circle behind a rope around the entrance and the bouncer chooses who can get in. If you're "old" or "not attractive", you're never getting in...

Anyway Chan Mi has the right attitude in life - she doesn't care what anybody thinks of her. She does what she wants to do - even a 90s dance routine in a prison yard! :lol:

CreativeShamefulGrunion-size_restricted.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, corey said:

I somehow missed this question in @triplem's post, so here is my take - it seems that there will be a love triangle, - because why else show us the break-up scene with Team Leader? However, my shallow self tells me that Team Leader sadly loses in the looks and cuteness department to YSH.

ALso, regarding MI Soo - I really, really hated it when the bodyguards at the door let Chan Mi go to the bar but stopped Mi Soo - apparently because she is too old. What an ugly example of ageism. And as @partyon shown us before, she is stunning and only was styled like an ajumma.

I know this show is not to be taken seriously, but I had a discussion recently just how much of the real life is shown in dramas and we concluded that actually a lot. And this theme of her being too old is a recurring theme in this drama, so I conclude they would not show it it there weren't any situations like that IRL. 

Yes.  At first, I thought Chan MI and Team Leader would get back together.  But now I am shipping her with YSH.  Oh, cuteness and brains in one package! 

I have been to Korea a couple of times on business trips.  And yes, at some places they openly practise this ageism!  It is sad as all over the world, we are becoming an old population.  Only China and India do not face this problem.  Or rather, China will in a few years due to their one-child (male preferably) policy.  So Korea should come to grips with ageism.  Japan has learnt how to address this situation so Korea should wake up too!

• Like 4

@corey @partyon  @Omaybe there won't be a very strong love triangle played out...but it does feel like they are setting the storyline for it - since he broke up with her , maybe he may come to regret it now.  Not particularly for or against it but of course my heart belongs to CEO  ( yes yes count me in with the shallow peeps :lol:) . But I do think Team Leader is a nice person and looks out for his team...though it seems he has a rather shady superior in that NIS chief.

Oooooo look at hacker girl and WW....

Who is this strangling Chan Mi? Michael?

Spoiler

On 5/10/2020 at 4:19 PM, larus said:

Now I wonder if there was an ajusshi, they will let him enter or not?

I am sure they would let the ahjussi in. Ahujjis, as opposed to ahjummas, are supposed to have and spend money (especially when there are young girls around). So yes, ageism and sexism combined. That is why it struck me so much. And apparently this is supposed to be funny, otherwise they would not have shown in in every episode.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:28 AM, O said:

I have been to Korea a couple of times on business trips.  And yes, at some places they openly practise this ageism!  It is sad as all over the world, we are becoming an old population.  Only China and India do not face this problem.  Or rather, China will in a few years due to their one-child (male preferably) policy.  So Korea should come to grips with ageism.  Japan has learnt how to address this situation so Korea should wake up too!

I think it will change - it has to, as you said the population is becoming older. A few years ago there was a trend in K_Dramas "thirty is the new twenty". Nowadays, there are more and more dramas with people over 40 as the main leads. That speaks volumes. So, I should think that after dramas like WWW and recently Hyena (@thank you @triplem  - I am at ep. 8 and enjoying it) where the women are smart the attitude taken by this drama is an exception. I got that this is a comedy show, but one joke is ok, but not consistent jabs at older women. Do ahjummas in S Korea find it funny? I should not think so.

I envy you the business trips to SK!

17 hours ago, triplem said:

Oooooo look at hacker girl and WW...

Yes, and from the preview it seems that they are going to spend much time together with WW trying to boss Ye Eun around. I hoe the girl will stand up for herself and show WW his place!

• Like 5

“Good Casting” Sees Decrease In Viewership + Remains No. 1 Monday-Tuesday Drama

May 12, 2020
by C. Lee
8879729681f34b169bc8b1fcc0c06cbd.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Good Casting” continues to lead Monday-Tuesday dramas despite a drop in viewership.

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 11 broadcast of “Good Casting” recorded 8.6 and 10.3 percent nationwide viewership, a 0.8 percent decrease from its previous episode, which reached 11.1 percent viewership.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399729wpp/good-casting-sees-decrease-in-viewership-remains-no-1-monday-tuesday-drama

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Annyeong everyone...wow it has been quite sometime now that I visited Soompi and do a posting.

I love this drama maybe because its Choi Kang Hee. She's one of my most fave actress. I love to see her in this drama. She's beautiful, chic and badass. This drama is the first time I like Yoo In Young's character. I like her acting. Lee Sang Yeob is a handsome and cute CEO.

I also like Kim Ji Young as Hwang Mi Soon too. I have just finished Episode 5 and decided to come in here. Looking forward to Ep6.

• Like 4

who is the mysterious woman? Does she work with M or is she the M? what will she do with the USB? Is she going to sell the information to someone or going to use it? But she has to be someone with power or other why would the NIS director be so chummy with her?

Could it be that minseok is not dead? that is something that has been going through my head. :D

• Like 3

How fast did the Team Leader change his getup while on the plane. First he was wearing keffiah and head scarf and then next he was wearing tang suit of sorts! I thought a bad guy was getting the ex manager of WW!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAFYciOnJNv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I wish WW be stopped from being so childish by YE!

I love that BCM does not listen to these shady superiors of hers though she fly off the handle in a minute! Maybe she will end up getting the whole NIS bosses tumbling down for their corruptness!

Wow! She does her own stunts!!

EDIT: I love that all the bad guys are getting a beating from BCM . At this rate their is three more she has to go after. That shady politician looking guy ,her superior and that obnoxious woman who intimidates her superior!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

“Good Casting” Continues To Lead Monday-Tuesday Dramas Despite Another Dip In Ratings

May 13, 2020
by R. Jun
e8f7b9069cf644a0875e9311f3be5ebe.jpeg?s=

Despite another decrease in ratings, SBS’s “Good Casting” continues to lead Monday-Tuesday dramas.

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 12 broadcast of the drama recorded average nationwide ratings of 8.4 and 9.2 percent, for a 1.1 percent drop from the previous episode and the drama’s lowest ratings yet.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399958wpp/good-casting-continues-to-lead-monday-tuesday-dramas-despite-another-dip-in-ratings

I did not watch this week. I hope I have a little time tonight or tomorrow.

Good Casting: Episode 5

by Sunny

GoodCasting05-00194.jpg

Nothing takes the wind out of one’s epic rescue mission sails more than a fallen comrade. It doesn’t slow our lady spies down, however, and they quickly uncover a lead that could not only help them retrieve the stolen data but bring them another step closer to Michael. Unfortunately, they’re not the only ones after the data.

EPISODE 5 RECAP

GoodCasting05-00007.jpgGoodCasting05-00004.jpg

Having rescued Ye-eun, the team is distraught to find Gwan-soo has been shot. Chan-mi takes off after Secretary Goo, stealing the delivery bike and engaging in a high-speed chase. After placing Moo-hyuk in charge of calling an ambulance, Ye-eun and Mi-soon jump into the van. They catch up just as the first pair cut a tight U-turn, and Ye-eun’s reluctance to break traffic laws frustrates Mi-soon almost as much as Ye-eun’s execution of a clumsy U-turn.

Secretary Goo swerves into a construction lane, sending debris flying. It doesn’t slow Chan-mi down for long, though, and the women continue to fly down the highway. Ye-eun and Mi-soon somehow end up in front and swerve to cut them off. Secretary Goo shows no signs of slowing down and thankfully swerves just before T-boning the van. Chan-mi manages to pull ahead and shoots out a tire, jumping from the bike as the car hits it and flips.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/good-casting-episode-5/

• Like 2

22 hours ago, larus said:

“Good Casting” Continues To Lead Monday-Tuesday Dramas Despite Another Dip In Ratings

May 13, 2020
by R. Jun

Despite another decrease in ratings, SBS’s “Good Casting” continues to lead Monday-Tuesday dramas.

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 12 broadcast of the drama recorded average nationwide ratings of 8.4 and 9.2 percent, for a 1.1 percent drop from the previous episode and the drama’s lowest ratings yet.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399958wpp/good-casting-continues-to-lead-monday-tuesday-dramas-despite-another-dip-in-ratings

I did not watch this week. I hope I have a little time tonight or tomorrow.

Good Casting ratings are excellent considering the lack of promo and hype. The only weird thing is the show premiered to its highest rating, and has been going a bit down then up and down and etc. Seems like it hasn't found its audience yet? I do love seeing a female led series do well though! Hope it continues to tread higher in the next 5 weeks leading to its finale. I see 15% in the coming future!! Glad its also pre-produced too, which means more of them can be produced down the line.

On 5/7/2020 at 8:41 AM, triplem said:

Hacker girl and diva WW :lol:..the tropes and signs are all laid out..even amnesia is not gonna be spared in the next episode..but cheesy as it is , I am loving their arc..darn cute. 

--------------------------

So anyway I bookmarked this as soon as I knew Lee Sang Yeob was signed on and finally had time to catch up. My favorite bio teacher is now a dapper looking CEO ...but I wished he had a bit more screen time. Nevertheless , I do understand that the stars of this show are the 3 ahjumma spies...oh gosh I love them. I laughed my head off over the last 4 hours as they bungled through the operations and barely came out at the end of it alive and with their joints intact :lol: ...no stress at all unlike a couple of other dramas I am also watching with its angsty plot or over analyzed shipping by fellow viewers 

This is obviously not a serious crime action drama  - belief has to be suspended...I mean I am in that age bracket and I can tell you as fit as I am , my knees are gonna hurt if I have to do those stunts :joy:. I just love the idea that age and gender are no barriers for these women to still be doing one of the most heart stopping dangerous jobs in the world . We can all fantasize a bit eh...The last time I had as much fun was the Fiery Priest. It is clear they are using the same sort of format - where the good guys may seem clumsy or lacking, and the very obvious larger than life villains seem to be getting ahead. But I think it is part of the charm of the show and viewers like that sort of thing as evidenced by the domestic ratings.  With the right viewing lens , it looks like it is  going to continue to be a very enjoyable  & fun ride. 

Regarding LSY, I really liked his subtle and nuanced portrayal as Bio-teacher too! I believe he was filming this show and a film with Kim Hye Soo around the same time (Fall 2019 I believe) so I think that's partially some of the reason why he's not in it as much as I thought. So far, he doesn't have as many scenes or stuff to do (yet...). Would be a waste of a talented actor, so I hope he gets a bit more depth as the show progresses. Refreshing to see a show where the women are leads/badass and the men are hopelessly in love interests/sidekicks :) 

• Like 4

On 5/12/2020 at 3:31 PM, angelbeast90 said:

Wow! She does her own stunts!!

I like that we saw a glimpse of the shooting process. I heard/ saw the green room but it was the first time I saw people dress in green costume to asist the actor. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Wow, this thread is quiet.... Where are you @triplem ? :D

I am catching up on the episodes - just finished ep 5 - one more to go.

Gosh, KWW is childish - I thought the amnesia would change him into a nice person, but guess not. What I am glad to see, is that Ye Eun is gaining confidence. That karate chop in the airplane was awesome! Yet she was almost apologizing to the stewardess for taking her out. :D She's such a sweetheart.

I have a feeling that once she gains a bit more confidence she will start putting KWW in his place, and he'll become a puppy following HER around. :D lol

Man, the logic in this drama is...erhm...not stellar.... I am just trying to ignore the obvious plot holes, and enjoy our 3 ahjummas take down one bad guy after the other.

On a side note, I love the flashbacks of Chan Mi and Seok Ho. I especially love the 80s music they are throwing at us! :)

We only heard the first notes of a-ha's The Sun Always Shines on TV in episode 5, but I will post the excellent song here for those who are unfamiliar with 80s synth pop. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2

U-KISS’s Jun Talks About Shirtless Scene In “Good Casting” + His Chemistry With Co-Star Yoo In Young

May 16, 2020
by E. Cha
119e2b67886e481090723c759013a9ca.jpeg?s=

In a recent interview and pictorial for @star1 magazine, U-KISS’s Jun dished on his experience filming his new drama “Good Casting”!

Jun is currently starring in the SBS drama as Kang Woo Won, a rising star who ends up working closely with undercover agent Im Ye Eun (played by Yoo In Young), who is on a high-stakes mission to save the nation. In the drama, the relationship between the two characters gets off to a hilariously disastrous start when Im Ye Eun accidentally walks in on Kang Woo Won in the nude.

Looking back on the scene, which also marked his character’s first appearance in the drama, Jun remarked, “Because I didn’t have a lot of time to prepare, I had to rush to work out and tone my body, which I found really regretful.”

He went on, “[‘Good Casting’] is a drama in which I really cast my image aside and let myself loose, and you’ll be able to see a lot of comic and energetic acting that viewers haven’t seen from me in the past.”

Jun also expressed his deep gratitude to co-star Yoo In Young, explaining, “Even though she was my senior, she approached me first and made it possible for me to act comfortably.”

According to Jun, chemistry was never an issue for the two actors. “We got along so well that throughout filming, we started laughing whenever we looked at each other’s faces,” he recalled.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1400638wpp/u-kisss-jun-talks-about-shirtless-scene-in-good-casting-his-chemistry-with-co-star-yoo-in-young

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@triplem the preview. 

I had too much going on this week so I have still haven't watch episode 6.

But reading the comments I can see nothing really big has happened. 

ONE clip that I saw was with the man who had the M tattooed to his hand. He laught when chanmi asked if he was Michael. And then the bomb exploded. So the question is what M stands for? MICHAEL(as in person) OR  organisation? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1