[Drama 2020] Good Casting, 굿 캐스팅

larus

this is starting remind me of one off the older kdrama called secret agent miss oh.  it also was comedy spy drama.

I mean this is comedy so you should laugh but there is just sometimes too much off ridiculous. But anyway this weeks epsides were still pretty good.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, corey said:

I cannot wait for the first kiss  - who do you think it will be Chang mi and Yoon or the hacker girl and the Woo Won?

Hacker girl and diva WW :lol:..the tropes and signs are all laid out..even amnesia is not gonna be spared in the next episode..but cheesy as it is , I am loving their arc..darn cute. 

--------------------------

So anyway I bookmarked this as soon as I knew Lee Sang Yeob was signed on and finally had time to catch up. My favorite bio teacher is now a dapper looking CEO ...but I wished he had a bit more screen time. Nevertheless , I do understand that the stars of this show are the 3 ahjumma spies...oh gosh I love them. I laughed my head off over the last 4 hours as they bungled through the operations and barely came out at the end of it alive and with their joints intact :lol: ...no stress at all unlike a couple of other dramas I am also watching with its angsty plot or over analyzed shipping by fellow viewers 

This is obviously not a serious crime action drama  - belief has to be suspended...I mean I am in that age bracket and I can tell you as fit as I am , my knees are gonna hurt if I have to do those stunts :joy:. I just love the idea that age and gender are no barriers for these women to still be doing one of the most heart stopping dangerous jobs in the world . We can all fantasize a bit eh...The last time I had as much fun was the Fiery Priest. It is clear they are using the same sort of format - where the good guys may seem clumsy or lacking, and the very obvious larger than life villains seem to be getting ahead. But I think it is part of the charm of the show and viewers like that sort of thing as evidenced by the domestic ratings.  With the right viewing lens , it looks like it is  going to continue to be a very enjoyable  & fun ride. 

Good Casting – K-Drama Episode 4 Recap and Review

Returning for another heavy dose of comedy and drama, Good Casting delivers one of its best episodes as we see the deeper undercover mission carried out by the trio of leading ladies. With a shocking climax and lots of fun individual moments dotted throughout, Good Casting is quickly growing into a formidable Korean drama well worth watching.

Episode 4 of Good Casting begins with Mi-Soon running into a spot of bother when her lockpick breaks in the drawer. Although she doesn’t find anything incriminating inside, she does find a whole stack of sachets. After emptying the bin, Mi-Soon finds a note reading “8.30pm on the 15th at Red Purple”, which happens to be a local wine bar. When she reconvenes with Chan-Mi, she feeds back what she’s found and they discuss the blue scarf on Chief Tak, realizing they need to get in the bar to find out what happened during 8.30pm.

In a flashback, we see the awkward moments between CEO Yoon and Chan-Mi, with her becoming his new tutor in a nicely animated silent movie montage.

read more https://www.thereviewgeek.com/goodcasting-e4review/

17 hours ago, corey said:

I go for Chan Mi and Chairman Yoon myself. They have history and apparently never ceased to care about each other. And he is sooooo unbelievably hot and charismatic, pretending to be a puupet , while being wise and cunning (at least I believe he is).

Yes, indeed it is a pity they have so little time on screen together.

I like both couples but like you I am more interested in Chan Mi and Yoon Seok Ho. He was so cute how he sang for her. Why she broke his heart? He is such a nice guy. I think it was because of her job.

On 5/7/2020 at 9:41 AM, triplem said:

This is obviously not a serious crime action drama  - belief has to be suspended...I mean I am in that age bracket and I can tell you as fit as I am , my knees are gonna hurt if I have to do those stunts :joy:. I just love the idea that age and gender are no barriers for these women to still be doing one of the most heart stopping dangerous jobs in the world . We can all fantasize a bit eh..

Yes, it is not serious and that`s why it works. I can suspend my belief alright. I also like that the heroines are women. The whole team included the other guys are clumsy.

I think the girls are better (more capable) than Johnny English or Inspector Clouseau ( Pink Panther). :D

The problem is that some serious things happen when Min-Seok died or Dong Gwan-Soo was shot. I hope the leader is alright. I hope Chan Mi will fight with Secretary Koo and kick her butt.

Good Casting: Episode 3

by Sunny

GoodCasting03-00105.jpg

The mission proves to have more hiccups than anyone anticipated as our ladies are thrown curve-balls left and right. Luckily, they have each other’s backs and when one falters, you can be sure the others will be there to catch her.

EPISODE 3 RECAP

GoodCasting03-00007.jpgGoodCasting03-00001.jpg

CEO Seok-ho pumps himself up for a second go at opening the bookcase door Chan-mi dove behind in his office. As he shoves with all his might, Chan-mi strains to brace from the other side. Meanwhile, Mi-soon can’t get a Wi-Fi signal to complete the setup of the spy cam in Head of Research, Ok Cheol’s office. She panics when she sees him through the office window and accidentally knocks his nameplate off his desk, drawing attention. Luckily, no one is there when he steps inside, but Mi-soon is now trapped in the air vents.

Head secretary Woo-seok finds his boss fighting with the bookshelf and Seok-ho finally gives up. Chan-mi sinks to the floor in relief and a small gap by her face gives her the perfect view of Seok-ho. It triggers a flashback to a bar where Seok-ho sang a love song about her red backpack and Chan-mi squealed in the audience. Woo-seok reports Director Myeong had a special meeting with the executives this morning. With a sigh, Seok-ho suggests they ruin his plans and they head to the official meeting.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/good-casting-episode-3/

U-KISS’s Jun + Yoo In Young’s Relationship Changes After Facing Life-Or-Death Situation Together In “Good Casting”

May 9, 2020
by E. Cha
8e5ccab4bfe4441e8e77f43c10182f81.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Good Casting” has unveiled a sneak peek of the changing dynamic between U-KISS’s Jun and Yoo In Young!

Spoiler

On the previous episode of “Good Casting,” undercover agent Im Ye Eun (played by Yoo In Young) and rising star Kang Woo Won (played by Jun) faced life-threatening danger when they were kidnapped and tied up in a warehouse full of mobsters. Fortunately, Im Ye Eun’s fellow agents Baek Chan Mi (played by Choi Kang Hee) and Hwang Mi Soon (played by Kim Ji Young) arrived just in the nick of time to save them.

According to the drama’s producers, Im Ye Eun and Kang Woo Won’s shared near-death experience will mark the beginning of a new chapter in their relationship, which got off to a disastrous start when she accidentally walked in on him in the nude.

The producers remarked, “Episode 4’s epilogue, in which [Jun] secretly smiles while watching Yoo In Young outside his front door through his security camera, received an extremely positive response from viewers. Please keep an eye on how the visual couple’s relationship progresses from here on out.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1399180wpp/u-kisss-jun-yoo-in-youngs-relationship-changes-after-facing-life-or-death-situation-together-in-good-casting

Watch: Choi Kang Hee, U-KISS’s Jun, And More Can’t Stop Laughing At Bloopers For “Good Casting”

May 9, 2020
by L. Kim
7e14d21730424e7abaf89097a8dd0606.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Good Casting” has released a new behind-the-scenes look at the drama!

At the beginning of the making-of video, Yoo In Young films the scene where she does jumping jacks in front of a black gate that is supposed to suddenly spring open. However, the gate doesn’t open, causing her to do jumping jacks for a while. Eventually, the gate pops open, and the actress is able to continue her lines. During break, she plays hide-and-seek with the making-of camera and bursts into sweet laughter at her own silliness.

yoo-in-young1.jpg

Next, U-Kiss’s Jun, Yoo In Young, and Han Soo Jin film the scene where Jun and Yoo In Young are kidnapped by Han Soo Jin. Jun doubles over when Han Soo Jin pretends to whack him, but the director asks for a redo because he passed out too quickly, and Jun smiles sheepishly at his mistake. During rehearsal, Han Soo Jin knocks the prop against Jun’s head, but when she hears a loud sound, she laughs guiltily and gently rubs his head. Worried, she asks if he’s in pain, but he warmly assures her that he’s okay.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1399207wpp/watch-choi-kang-hee-u-kisss-jun-and-more-cant-stop-laughing-at-bloopers-for-good-casting

On 5/7/2020 at 9:41 AM, triplem said:

Nevertheless , I do understand that the stars of this show are the 3 ahjumma spies...oh gosh I love them. I laughed my head off over the last 4 hours as they bungled through the operations and barely came out at the end of it alive and with their joints intact :lol:

I mean I am in that age bracket and I can tell you as fit as I am , my knees are gonna hurt if I have to do those stunts :joy:

I was laughing so hard in the latest episodes... :D And I agree with you. Those three ahjummas are doing a fantastic job with the stunts! I was seriously impressed with Hwang Mi Soon's fruit chopping skills!!!! :D

On 5/7/2020 at 6:28 PM, larus said:

I think the girls are better (more capable) than Johnny English or Inspector Clouseau ( Pink Panther). :D

The problem is that some serious things happen when Min-Seok died or Dong Gwan-Soo was shot. I hope the leader is alright. I hope Chan Mi will fight with Secretary Koo and kick her butt.

I certainly hope that they are better than Johnny English or Inspector Clouseau... :D

BlindCourageousCottonmouth-size_restrict

Anyway, I am pretty sure that the Team Leader had on a bulletproof vest - he'll be alright!

On 5/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, corey said:

It is not that I like CM/YSH better, I just think they will get the first kiss in the drama, he he. :D I actually ship the hacker girl and WW more vigorously, because the poor girl deserves some happiness in her life and WW definitely needs to get his act together.

I am totally on the ship of the Ye Eun and Woo Won! They already had their first kiss (ok, minus the tapes covering their mouths) and holding hands (albeit with hands tied together). :wub: It's going to be pretty funny seeing him with amnesia, because he really has the "star disease" as a celebrity and it will be nice to see him a bit more humble.

Anyone else who feels it's quite satisfying to see those women taking down all these bad guys in the fighting scenes? :D

d9699e0d6555534d82c9d684e415a95fd6ce0e68

12 hours ago, Ima04 said:

Hello..

I wanna ask related with chanmi's troup that met CEO yoon during their school lives, is it true timeline or while she is in another undercover? 

It was a flashback to their young days!

21 minutes ago, partyon said:

Anyway, I am pretty sure that the Team Leader had on a bulletproof vest - he'll be alright!

I am sure too...the "blood" is definitely for effect!  :lol:...do you think there will be a love triangle of sorts btwn Chan Mi , CEO and Team Leader? I was laughing my head off when it was revealed they (CM and team leader ) were dating and he had such a hard time breaking it off with her. 

On 5/8/2020 at 12:41 AM, corey said:

It is not that I like CM/YSH better, I just think they will get the first kiss in the drama, he he. :D I actually ship the hacker girl and WW more vigorously, because the poor girl deserves some happiness in her life and WW definitely needs to get his act together.

And yes, I agree with you, this is not a serious show, but serious things happened, so wee need serious romance to balance things :D. Hopefully without two year separation between the couple in the last/one but last episode. IF this happend sin this drama too, I honestly will give up on watching dramas live.

I am so looking forward to hacker girl pretending to be his assistant. :ph34r:...let's see if he is going to be as diva as before 

I feel you about those last minute separations so common these days... drama recommendation

Spoiler

but if you want an all round great drama with comedy and romance, and  a very satisfying end it would be Hyena

1 hour ago, triplem said:

do you think there will be a love triangle of sorts btwn Chan Mi , CEO and Team Leader? I was laughing my head off when it was revealed they (CM and team leader ) were dating and he had such a hard time breaking it off with her.

I am so looking forward to hacker girl pretending to be his assistant. :ph34r:...let's see if he is going to be as diva as before

Excellent question @triplem ! :) TBH a love triangle was something that crossed my mind because it would make sense. Then again it seems like Chan Mi has a loooooooot of ex-boyfriends ;) and it wouldn't surprise me if most of them are terrified of her.  :D

I kinda hope that they would leave out the love triangle.

What do you think?

I haven't seen the actress who plays the hacker girl Ye Eun in many dramas before, but I think she really portrays Ye Eun well as a kind, careful and unsure of herself type of woman. She has a really great body too! Actually all three ahjummas look smashing!

Poor Hwang Mi Soon who always gets the bad undercover jobs because of her age. :D The actress is only 3 years older than Choi Kang Hee in real life. She's really stunning when she isn't styled as an ahjumma... ;)

Spoiler

d4QKWUS4UGM9aXaMUkS5Ziza-UAbuwDMxc4Ou_I4

3 hours ago, partyon said:

I certainly hope that they are better than Johnny English or Inspector Clouseau...

You just proved me right. Nobody is beating Clouseau at his game. :w00t:

I hope you are right about Team leader. I know he is not dead but I thought he was hurt. He lost way too easy or they want us to see that  Secretary Koo is a hell of the fighter.

@corey I would agree with you that the ageism shown in the drama is strong. I've felt quite bad about how this is pointed out in every episode. Like it would be something wrong to be an ahjumma who is in her late 40s.... ? It's really mind baffling to me that Mi Soo always has to be the cleaning lady, kitchen help, etc just because of her age and "older" looks.

I am just asking honestly if this were the case if she was a man in his late 40s....?

But like you said, it's brought up because this happens in real life. :( 

Good Casting: Episode 4

by Sunny

GoodCasting04-00168.jpg

Our lady spies dig deeper into the suspicious men around them and uncover more of what is turning out to be a complicated web of players. Unfortunately, the intrepid trio may have bitten off more than they can chew, because the answers they seek come with a price.

EPISODE 4 RECAP

GoodCasting04-00012.jpgGoodCasting04-00011.jpg

Now knowing Chan-mi’s identity, Chief Tak snickers when she introduces herself with her undercover name. Upstairs, Mi-soon manages to pick the lock in Chief Tak’s desk… only to find it overflowing with red ginseng packets. Shutting the drawer in annoyance, Mi-soon accidentally breaks her hairpin in the lock as Chan-mi’s warning texts they’re on their way go unnoticed. Chief Tak continues to pepper Chan-mi with questions until Seok-ho questions his sudden interest.

Chief Tak says he’s merely curious of their seemingly close relationship and Seok-ho wonders if he should be equally curious about Chief Tak and Director Myeong’s relationship. The tension breaks when elevator stops, and Chan-mi and Seok-ho depart as Chief Tak snickers a crow has landed on the puppet CEO. Meanwhile, Mi-soon dislodges the hairpin and finally sees Chan-mi’s text. Grabbing the trash, she scurries out, passing Chief Tak in the hall.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/good-casting-episode-4/

10 hours ago, corey said:

ALso, regarding MI Soo - I really, really hated it when the bodyguards at the door let Chan Mi go to the bar but stopped Mi Soo - apparently because she is too old. What an ugly example of ageism.

I think I saw it in other movies that there is a selection of people who enter the club. Are older people really stopped for entering a club? That`s so wrong. Minors should be stopped to enter but why stop older people?  Now I wonder if there was an ajusshi, they will let him enter or not? I am afraid to not be a double discrimination here.

I was satisfied that Mi Soon kicked their butt after that.

48 minutes ago, larus said:

I think I saw it in other movies that there is a selection of people who enter the club. Are older people really stopped for entering a club? That`s so wrong. Minors should be stopped to enter but why stop older people?  Now I wonder if there was an ajusshi, they will let him enter or not? I am afraid to not be a double discrimination here.

I was satisfied that Mi Soon kicked their butt after that.

Oh yeah, definitely happens in real life. Some clubs don't have lines - they just ask people to stand in a circle behind a rope around the entrance and the bouncer chooses who can get in. If you're "old" or "not attractive", you're never getting in...

Anyway Chan Mi has the right attitude in life - she doesn't care what anybody thinks of her. She does what she wants to do - even a 90s dance routine in a prison yard! :lol:

CreativeShamefulGrunion-size_restricted.

23 hours ago, corey said:

I somehow missed this question in @triplem's post, so here is my take - it seems that there will be a love triangle, - because why else show us the break-up scene with Team Leader? However, my shallow self tells me that Team Leader sadly loses in the looks and cuteness department to YSH.

ALso, regarding MI Soo - I really, really hated it when the bodyguards at the door let Chan Mi go to the bar but stopped Mi Soo - apparently because she is too old. What an ugly example of ageism. And as @partyon shown us before, she is stunning and only was styled like an ajumma.

I know this show is not to be taken seriously, but I had a discussion recently just how much of the real life is shown in dramas and we concluded that actually a lot. And this theme of her being too old is a recurring theme in this drama, so I conclude they would not show it it there weren't any situations like that IRL. 

Yes.  At first, I thought Chan MI and Team Leader would get back together.  But now I am shipping her with YSH.  Oh, cuteness and brains in one package! 

I have been to Korea a couple of times on business trips.  And yes, at some places they openly practise this ageism!  It is sad as all over the world, we are becoming an old population.  Only China and India do not face this problem.  Or rather, China will in a few years due to their one-child (male preferably) policy.  So Korea should come to grips with ageism.  Japan has learnt how to address this situation so Korea should wake up too!

@corey @partyon  @Omaybe there won't be a very strong love triangle played out...but it does feel like they are setting the storyline for it - since he broke up with her , maybe he may come to regret it now.  Not particularly for or against it but of course my heart belongs to CEO  ( yes yes count me in with the shallow peeps :lol:) . But I do think Team Leader is a nice person and looks out for his team...though it seems he has a rather shady superior in that NIS chief.

Oooooo look at hacker girl and WW....

Who is this strangling Chan Mi? Michael?

Spoiler

Archived