[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I felt that after rewatching all 15 epi yesterday till now.. it seems the drama plot should be only 12 episodes. 

Sometimes the plot is too convoluted but I like the romance. Too bad we did not see much of PM Koo bad side... and kinda lame end for Lee Lim. 

So Lee Gon uses the flute full potential to cross many worlds and traverse different time? Aigoo, talking about time traveling. Wish to have that Manpasikjeok. It seems the flute Divine Spirit gave Lee Gon the ability to use the flute as a reward for getting it whole

I guess his (Lee Gon) great grandfather did time-space travelling as well. Perhaps his great grandfather ahem2 left many descendants across multiple worlds.

Did Prince Buyeong pass away in KOC? Since time is corrected in the past, he shouldnt be dead. 

I guess Lee Gon doesnt care about the future heirs, since he may pass the thrones to Buyeong grandchildren as intended in Ep 15. 

Good ending tho. I imagine at some point, both Lee Gon and JTE decides to resigned from their positions and decided to traverse time-dimension till old age.

For example,

JTE father passed away peacefully, and JTE resigns from policework.

Lee Gon removes himself from the throne and pass it to the next in line after Palace Master passed away. 

Two of them waited for the perfect time and move on peacefully and lived as time travelers. 

Once they both passed away, Manpasikjeok will returned to KOC.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

She was hilarious! I wouldn’t mind a spin off where LG got stuck in that world :lol:

Episode 16 was so light, wasn’t it? I felt like I was floating on air for the last 40 minutes. 

Yes, it was so lite and I still cant believe it already ended. This is what happen when our mental and soul was abused with sadness for many episodes and suddently for the final ride everything is so sweet and lovely. We are floating and dont know how to go back to the ground / to stand on our feet again.. :D:lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

There are a hundred things I can complain about but the show has ended and I’ve decided to let it go and just appreciate this drama in every way possible. 

I think I was sad that the ending seemed like they never got to live together. But heck, I was the one who asked for it before. It’s the most appropriate ending, the one that makes the most sense. She doesn’t leave her father and her world, he doesn’t leave his. 

Wedding is superficial in my honest opinion what they did here is go beyond that and show that they actully got an ever ending eternal love together and grow old together. 

The whole wedding thing is also overdone cliche in my opinion but here I think they did the right thing and made this drama extremely rewatchable 

• Like 9
  • Love 5

26 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

They are being inconsiderate and having alot of kids out of wedlock. rabbit pounding the rice method until they grow old.. ''fornication'' is their middle name 

@Wis dom HAHAHHAHAH well still I would have liked to see how that journey went because again rolling with your walker at the age of 90 or something would have been quite difficult! They played up so many things and in the end the ending wasn't as epic as everything else throughout the series!! They should have sped up the whole LG/LR thing giving more room to finish up all the other characters' story but we just flipped through 2021 and 2022 like it was nothing...................

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

@Heretorant @gwin

where is this scene BTW???

When he's about to take her to "meet" Prince Buyeong.

But I just rewatched, they definitely posed for that holding hands shot they posted on their IGs!  It was not in the show, people!  LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Wis dom HAHAHHAHAH well still I would have liked to see how that journey went because again rolling with your walker at the age of 90 or something would have been quite difficult! They played up so many things and in the end the ending wasn't as epic as everything else throughout the series!! They should have sped up the whole LG/LR thing giving more room to finish up all the other character's story but we just flipped through 2021 and 2022 like it was nothing...................

Ofcourse they had to do that since they can't give us another 16 episodes about their ending life but touch on some points while leaving things on good terms. 

I think the ending was satisfying and KES saved her life with the fans. She retained her reputation here otherwise the backlash would have been great like ridiculously huge backlash she dodged a bullet and deserves a pat on her back for this great coup of avoiding the backlash.

I am gonna say it right now.. There will be second season you heard it here first even if KES declines Netflix will lobby for another season

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Logically, they couldn't NOT be together, unless if LG was ready to end the family reign with just him.  So let's just roll with that headcanon and call it good.

KSR's PM term would have been over in 2021.  Since Sec Mo didn't become PM in 2021, and LG was still looking for JTE, that concludes that she became PM in 2026, making LG 40+ years old.  In 2022/2023, Lady Noh was still yelling at him to pound the rice until a little baby rabbit came out of it.  If the country was already complaining about the lack of heirs in 2019, then they'd be livid and burning down the palace in 2026.

I also find it hard to believe that LG and JTE were pounding rice all over the timeline in multiple universes, in time periods before the morning after pill was created, and not have a kid.

GUYS it's probably Mia Thermopolis.  JTE hid her in the ROK until she was 16, and then she went to KOC to become Princess.  In the books her dad didn't die okay.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

So the JTE we saw through the CCTV with the yoyo kid was revealed to be Luna! with her brand new identity as Koo's sibling. Look like Luna will get her own loveline with KSJ Corea version (I forgot his Corean name lolol) 

Also i got a bit confused at the reveal of adult yoyo boy to be the guy that randomly present at different occasion. I wasn't sure the meaning of it. Maybe he reveals to be someone to establish a connection?

For e.g: when KSJ was bullied, thats how he met JTE and etc.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Ummm... she really pulled him in this time lol. Kge’s turn to take her chances. It’s the end, she needs to kiss lmh now or never :lol:

I lied. It’s now or later. She’ll kiss him later again in their own private place, away from the cameras. 

:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

1. How... will the royal family continue to have heirs if JTE doesn't become Queen in KOC and has kids?
2. Yikes imagine only seeing your spouse like every weekend ;-;
3. WE NEED A SEASON 2 FOR JEONG TAE RA JEONG TAE RA BEST HAHAHHA

jeong tae ra rly we rly need that LOL also isn't tae ra's manager like KGE's actual manager LOLLLL

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

11 minutes ago, gwin said:

But I just rewatched, they definitely posed for that holding hands shot they posted on their IGs!  It was not in the show, people!  LOL

First shot looks candid to me. Seems like kge was massaging lmh’s hand. Probably hurts from holding that whip all the damn time! Lol.

Second shot looks like they were posing to be cute. And they ARE cute! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I am so happy that LG got rid of LR pretty early on in ep 16 and the rest of it was pure fluff. I don't know that they ever got married but the line where they say "we decided to accept the fate we were given.." or something like that means to me that they were okay with living their own lives in their own respective universes and then spending time together in other worlds and timeframes. They knew they couldn't get married and be together in either of their own worlds because their counterparts exist. But I think they were just happy to be able to be together despite everything. 

So it looks like only 3 people retained their memories - LG, Yeong and JTE. 

Although I would have liked to see the married and have a family, I am still pretty happy with the ending and felt like it was a more realistic one. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2