[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Wow..  Wow..  Wowww.. :love:

Congratulations all..!!!!! :love:

Finally..  KES give us alot of sweet candy :heart: KES saranghae :D

Thank you for all actors, staff and ppl :lol: etc..

this drama is a masterpiece :heart:

Thank you all TKEM fans..  Especially you all guys :kiss_wink:

Thank you for all theories, information, gif, picts, videos, fun chat,  aaalll..!!! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH:love:

SARANGHAE YUROBUN :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Lol wouldn't it be nice to see when Lee Gon and Tae Eul ended up time traveling to pre historic era! Lol that would be a feast for the eye! We would get to see Lee Gon on his full glory :tounge_xd: damn what a wasted opportunity...

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Yay!!! So happy with the ending :innocent:

Even thought it wasn't what most of were expecting, it was the only realistic way this show could have ended 

Still wish there was a wedding and babies lol

But the most satisfying part was LL getting beheaded

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5943085

I'm still feeling so giddy and happy that our OTP are still together till the ending.

And those hugs and kisses (I think I've mentioned this in every of my post today) are just making me  loving them even more!

tenor.gif?itemid=4682601

I wish the lovely dovey never ends...

These 2 are just so cute together!

Time for bed since I'm in a happy mood.

Thanks to everyone here. Every Friday and Saturday will never be the same for us again without our King and Queen.

Will be hanging around here for a while since I have a lot of homework to catch up on.

Take care and stay safe!

• Like 6
  • Love 5

I definitely headcanon that they do end up married and/or just living together in either KOC or ROK after a while - or both :)

Honestly I just think it makes sense. 

No reason to think that either wouldn't be prepared to at some point move. Family can come with - and it isn't like it is difficult now to visit family and friends and go in-between. JTE is not going to be a cop forever and LG could give up the throne to the Prince's granddaughter at some point (abdications due to age or other circumstances have become much more common in constitutional monarchies). People change their circumstances in life, moving and having kids/and heirs ;) is something they could still decide to do. Sure there's Luna and LJH, but in real life there are people who look like doppelgangers and especially in KOC LG could definitely create an identity for JTE.

• Like 8
  • Love 5

"no matter what kind of a door opens before us in life. i wish to be able to love tirelessly and decided to love the fate that chose us. just for today, and only today. and forever"

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

img.gif

img.gif

yeong also has a twin siblings now and they named the twins eun bi and kka bi:D

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

1 minute ago, ms_inquiry said:

Sure there's Luna and LJH, but in real life there are people who look like doppelgangers and especially in KOC it LG could definitely create an identity for JTE. 

Ikr??

He's the King. He could just create an identity for her!

If Luna comes forward and said they look alike... then JTE could have claimed she has a long lost twin sister.

Then we will get our wedding and the official announcement of Queen.

Oh well.. it is what it is.

I'll still take this happy ending. Ok. Gone to bed for real now. Lol

• Like 7

LoI2Ie.png

OMG. Cutie-pie!

I have reached the end and I swear this is the best ever ending!

Even if they are not married, nor is TE a queen but they spend the rest of their lives together, living each day with joy and knowing that they love each other.

BIG DREAMY SIGH.

Spoiler

xe5EYB.png

• Like 8
  • Love 10

It's past 1 am so I will give my more detailed thoughts much later, but for now:

I AM SO HAPPY THEY CHOSE TO USE THE SONG DREAM IN TWO OF THE MOST IMPORTANT MOMENTS IN THE FINALE!

My favorite song of the soundtrack, by far.

• Like 6
  • Love 6

Hi hello!!! First of all what an ending! I want to feel all the feels for now but I just have a few things I really need to understand huhu:

1. Why did the events of the treason night play out differently? E.g. why didnt bb LG attack LL with the sword (resulting to the cutting of the manpa in half), why did L's bodyguard aim the gun at bb LG before he strikes the sword, and why did LL order his bodyguard to kill bb LG when in episode 1 he told him to leave bb LG to him.

2. I'm happy that in a way, Chief Park's arc was resolved BUT I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED HAHA

As for everything else I think KES was able to resolve all my pending issues hehe. I'm so happy and my heart is still fluttering :wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

39 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I honestly thought that he brought the leaves for toilet paper.

What?!  You losin' it mi amiga.  Totally lost it I spilled my drinks LMAO, my daughter had to ask "Are you ok?!"

Gotta give it to Our Majesty, he thinks of all possibilities. O pyeha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

6 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Ikr??

He's the King. He could just create an identity for her!

If Luna comes forward and said they look alike... then JTE could have claimed she has a long lost twin sister.

Then we will get our wedding and the official announcement of Queen.

Oh well.. it is what it is.

I'll still take this happy ending. Ok. Gone to bed for real now. Lol

Exactly :D, but I just want to add it doesn't even have to be headcanon since the drama doesn't even refute such an interpretation.

Pretty sure the writer left that door open purposefully, so it's not determined. Their last words are actually very open to interpretation in my opinion, and for some reason the drama showed us a lot of children, Lady Noh still trying to make sure there is a Queen and the drama decided to even mention that LG only returns at dawn ;)

The "author-God" did not decide to completely refute the possibility, therefore I think one should be able to interpret for oneself either way.

Also LG doesn't really need an identity to live permanently in the ROK if they decide to do that instead. If something happens and the police is involved JTE could just help him out. So I have decided to think that they end up living together in either KOC or in ROK (or both) happily after a while. Pretty sure they will have an heir as well, since the story decided to focus so much on who gets the crown I just think it makes sense. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Indianfan said:

The crown prince whom YEONG saved and the baby Yeong who befriends the prince, what happens to them? When they grow up why don't they meet their avatars from future?

I think from what we saw in episodes 14 and 15, the rule of TKEM time travel is that when a time traveler goes back to the present, he essentially merges with his present self, so he becomes one and the same person who remembers memories from the original and from the altered timelines :)

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, ms_inquiry said:

I definitely headcanon that they do end up married and/or just living together in either KOC or ROK after a while - or both :)

Honestly I just think it makes sense. 

No reason to think that either wouldn't be prepared to at some point move. Family can come with - and it isn't like it is difficult now to visit family and friends and go in-between. JTE is not going to be a cop forever and LG could give up the throne to the Prince's granddaughter at some point (abdications due to age or other circumstances have become much more common in constitutional monarchies). People change their circumstances in life, moving and having kids/and heirs ;) is something they could still decide to do. Sure there's Luna and LJH, but in real life there are people who look like doppelgangers and especially in KOC it LG could definitely create an identity for JTE. 

Imo, it’s pretty much an open ending, whether they ever made the move or not.

“No matter what kind of door opens for us in life and even if the moments we share make us sad at times, I wish to be able to love tirelessly. Just like that, we decided to love the fate that chose us. Just for today and only today. Forever.”

We can interpret these lines with different meanings. 

1) It seems like wedding vows. They promise to love each other no matter what obstacles they may face in life.

2) They’re accepting their fate as long distance lovers from different worlds. It makes them sad at times but they’ll live day by day, choosing love until the end of their lives. 

The ending shot shows no rings. I think it’s left out for us to decide whether they ever get married or not. 

My ending: they get married later in life when JTE is ready to leave her life and her world. 

I love how they closed off with Dream playing. What a perfect way to end the drama, with my favorite OST. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11