[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

7 minutes ago, scrawford said:

They are filming until June??? I guess the July 31st date was a correct released date and then got pushed to April. 

Im not complaining, but i wonder why??? looking at the competition, would July 31st Air time be better?

Yes! I'm surprised too. I was expecting they'd be done before June. Well, actually the first announced (if I'm not mistaken) airing date is in March. The July airing was not confirmed, just speculations.

• Like 8

I have a question, since Lee Gon is Emperor, doesn't Emperors use the word "I" differently?  I know the Chinese Emperors use "Cham", instead of "Woh" for "I". I am sure in saguek dramas, the king or emperor use a different "I" as commoners do. So did LG do that and if he did, would JTE not notice that he speaks like royalty and not like a layman? Just wondering if someone who understands Korean, noticed that. Thanks!

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I have a question, since Lee Gon is Emperor, doesn't Emperors use the word "I" differently?  I know the Chinese Emperors use "Cham", instead of "Woh" for "I". I am sure in saguek dramas, the king or emperor use a different "I" as commoners do. So did LG do that and if he did, would JTE not notice that he speaks like royalty and not like a layman? Just wondering if someone who understands Korean, noticed that. Thanks!

@CallieP

I found in twitter land 

"read a comment on weibo saying that it's a pity for the non-korean speaking viewer bc Lee Gon's delivery and tone of his lines is unique and different from how it's usually said. So, the foreign audience is missing out on this layer of charisma from Minho"

cr. sabss_XD

• Like 10

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [3rd Week of April, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from April 13 to 19 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on April 20.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 3rd week of April

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - 31.74% (0)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 22.57% (NEW)

3. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 11.16% (-1)

4. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - 10.49% (-1)

5. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - 2.91% (0)

6. MBC “365: One Year Against Destiny” - 2.88% (+2)

7. JTBC “When the Weather is Fine“ - 2.35% (0)

8. KBS2 “Once Again” - 1.86% (+2)

9. tvN  “Piece of Your Mind” - 1.83% (-3)

10. KBS2 “Welcome” - 1.36% (+6)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 3rd week of April

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (0)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Lee Min-ho (NEW)

3. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (-1)

4. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Han So-hee (-1)

5. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - Kim Tae-hee (-1)

6. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Kim Go-eun (NEW)

7. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (0)

8. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - Lee Kyu-hyung (-3)

9. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jeon Mi-do (+3)

10. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - Go Bo-gyul (0)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

8 minutes ago, balletgoddess said:

Question, did they explain what happened to Lee Gon's mom in his world? Was she referenced and I missed it? It's like she doesn't exist in his world..

There was no explanation/mention yet on what happened to Lee Gon's mom. But we do know Lee Rim called young Lee Gon an orphan when he killed his father. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Trianon Special Edition Royal Blue of Crown Goose, a luxury bedding brand,
appeared in the SBS blockbuster, The King: Eternal Monarch.

At the height of art and culture under the protection of the royal family.
Crown Goose Trianon Special Edition, inspired by the Baroque era.
It beautifully decorated the bedroom of Lee Gon, the third emperor of the Korean Empire.

A master piece born from the delicate fingertips of the Crown Goose Bispork team.

93770560_2608858285886535_30834746953123

94143576_2608858275886536_32158861962908

93640206_2608856645886699_41117573570908

Spoiler

94105259_2608856659220031_50778595568270

93358724_2608857745886589_76559329649491

https://web.facebook.com/534910276614690/posts/2608848662554164/?_rdc=1&_rdr

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I really wasn't going to watch this drama. It's a role he's done so many times before, and the plot is familiar (poor girl meets rich royalty and they hated each other at first). But LMH looks better than ever, and I believe the whole drama is written so he can say those romantic lines to feed our thirst. And frankly, that's enough to keep this thirsty girl interested. :D

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, KY L said:

I really wasn't going to watch this drama. It's a role he's done so many times before, and the plot is familiar (poor girl meets rich royalty and they hated each other at first). But LMH looks better than ever, and I believe the whole drama is written so he can say those romantic lines to feed our thirst. And frankly, that's enough to keep this thirsty girl interested. :D

LMH does look gorgeous in this drama! Keep watching, @KY L:)

• Like 6

Thank you @gtLmh0622 and @willenette for your explanation about this word. :) 

NEW article released today and again it is about Lee Minho's way of talking in this drama or Igonche (이곤체). Only two episodes have been released and see our Oppa's power of acting!  

'The King' Lee Min-ho, Seriously 'Igonche'… Fashionable feeling already

20200420145012_5e9d381449207_1.jpg

'The King-the Lord of Eternity' Lee Min-ho is thrilled with romance acts that transcend seriousness and pity. Actor Lee Min-ho made a comeback to the home theater after a long time through the first broadcast of the SBS gilt drama 'The King-Lord of Eternity' (hereinafter referred to as 'The King'). 
From the first broadcast, while showing a passionate interest by walking through two digits of viewership ratings, Lee Min-ho shook his heart with the straight lines of 'Igonche', which added the emperor's dignity.

Lee Min-ho transformed into 'Igon', the third emperor of the Korean Empire, and announced a successful return with excitement due to his deep masculine beauty and more mature romance acting. 
Lee Min-ho's 'I-gon' is the perfect monarch with a beautiful appearance, a graceful appearance, and a tranquil character. He is a 'hyper-type' man who is good at various sports such as rowing and horseback riding, and prefers accurate numbers rather than vague words. 
In the first episode, Lee Min-ho overwhelmed his gaze with his gorgeous looks and physicals that suited the protagonist who had all these virtues. With excellent riding skills, he perfectly digested even breathing with the white horse 'Maximus' and showed off the character Lee Gon, who might exist in imagination.

In particular, Lee Min-ho amplified the excitement of fantasy romance by charmingly digesting the written words of the emperor, adding to the emperor's weight with a heavy voice tone along with a deep glow in every scene. 

From the one-time 'force hug' ending that embraces Tae-tae, saying, "I'm finally seeing you. How are you doing?" From the one-time "I'll greet the Empress," to the two "straight-propose" endings that raised expectations about romance. Lee Min-ho exerted the charm of passing seriousness and pity, and exulted his heart with an unprecedented high-quality straight romance. 
In particular, in the 2nd broadcast that provoked a hot reaction on the 18th, Lee Gon exploded the sadness to Tae-eul who keeps making himself lonely, and then he said, "I'm going to greet you as my empress. I'll just be the reason for you. This world." The reason I propose to my feet is the reason I am tied up. 
Lee Min-ho's calm tone and glance of excellence made Lee Gon's proposal to deepen his proposing scene more deeply, causing 'My Majesty's Pain'. 
Lee Min-ho's excitement, which created a proposing scene with nothing but 'Igonche', was immediately postponed on the day, and on the portal site, including the name of Lee Min-ho, 'I'll welcome you as the Empress' took control of the top real-time search terms and boasted a strong topic.
In addition, Lee Min-ho provided a wealth of fun as an ambassador to and from Tikitaka with Kim Eun-woo and Woo Do-hwan in the process of drawing Korean adaptation period of Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire. "You're beheading", "Your eyes are noisy", "Would you like some spice?", "I don't eat unfamiliar food," but sincerely digesting the "Igonche" dialogue that brings laughter to viewers. He predicted the birth of various buzzwords. 
Expectations are raised in the fantasy romance of Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, and 'Eul Couple', who have tightly tied their hearts with their ecstatic straight romance.

Meanwhile, the SBS Geumto drama 'The King-Lord of Eternity' is broadcast every Friday and Saturday at 10pm. 

source: https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202004202137I

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Hello All, i have been meaning to write my thoughts on the drama but this thread moving so fast (which is good btw) and i have been reading all the posts.

So here are my opinion for the Drama.

So lets start with the Plot/Storyline.
The Story has a lot of Layers and sub plots that eventually need to be resolved/answered. We have Parallel world, time traveling, romance, bromance, and character backstories that needs to be flesh out throughout. This drama advertised KES pushing the envelope of fantasy romance and i know that there are other parallel story/time traveling Drama, so i’m really curious to see what is it exactly she is pushing. what is it with the King that is different than others?. 
I know people are confused with some of the time jump in Episode 1, especially the first scene where Lee Rim was interrogated by Ta Eul, because it was dated in 2020 and his death was dated in 1995, but i actually like it, i believe that first scene is purposely put in there, not to confuse the audience, but to prepare or made us aware that time jump/traveling is involved. And i kinda like when show/drama are doing risky thing. that style reminds me of Breaking bad (US Show), if anybody in here have watched breaking bad, you know the very first scene was actually a scene from several episode later. I think it’s a nice touch. the main mystery remains, who saved Lee Gon (Popular prediction is his future self) and if this will have happy Ending, how would our couple can be together? I don’t see Ta Eul be the kind of Girl who wants to be a Queen and I don’t know how Lee Gon would abandon the Kingdom of Corea, although it is described in his character that he is not power hungry and could care less about his position/title as the King.
While i feel like the Back story/foundation felt rush, I’m hooked and not overly confuse. i will stick around to see it unfold

I’m really Impress with the world building of this Drama. There are a lot of thoughts that Goes into it and budget of course. The production os top notch and really nice to look at.

Character.
Lee Gon : Our Perfect King, who is wounded and longing to meet his savior. I kinda wish that we would see a bit more of Lee Gon character transition from being extremely traumatized as a child to who He is as an adult, because i feel like there is such a contrast in character from child Lee on to Adult Lee Gon. The adult version seems a bit breezy, although has a trait of somebody who had traumatic experience, such as, not easily trusting people, and don’t want to be touch. And i get that from psychological standpoint, not all traumatic people ended up become a bitter adult, but often times i think the breezy/easy going/humor is to shield the painful things they have inside, so even with the contras, i can see it being realistic that Adult Lee Gon is the way he is. He grew up confident but you can tell he put a wall around him and only let those he trust in
So i think it make sense that He would trust and be more vulnerable with Ta Eul, also letting her touch Him. While He never met her, her face has been the image attached to his salvation. Even i think He knows that she wasn’t the one who saved her, but her face has been the one attached to that saving moment for lee gon. 

Jung Ta Eul : I’m loving KGE portrayal of this character. i don’t have a lot to say nor do i have a lot of opinion, because she seems to be straightforward. She stand with justice and she is not buying the BS from people. It’s very consistent writing to have her repulse by Lee Gon right now, it fits her character. Because, for her right now Lee gon is a suspicious person, and she is not letting her guard down no matter how handsome he is :). Now I’m curious to see the switch from her Character when she start falling for Lee Gon. Idk much about Luna and looking forward to see it.

J young/J Eun Sop : Ok, i might become a woo do Hwan fan. While a lot of his fans think that he might be under utilized from the last 2 episode, i think it requires a great level of acting skills to play a subtle yet, two very different character. I think he nailed it and i want to see more of Jo young because he is kinda cold, which is different from his child character or he is like that During duty?. I was Hoping he would take the King's offer to have a beer with Him and he would take off his Royal Guard Attitude and be a friend to Lee Gon. Im hoping to see more interaction like that between the two of them. As far as Eun Sop goes, im curious to see How his character is playing out throughout all of this.

Kang Shin Jae : This one remains a mystery for me, I don’t know much nor do i have speculation. He will either end up siding with Lee Gon/Ta Eul team or he might end up siding with Lee rim.

The prime minister : This is the one i feel like it could been written Better. I don’t mind the fact that She is after the King, But i’d like her character to be written up with a little dignity and more like a serious political figure. The one we have right now, makes me wonder what did she do to get her position? I read in the character reveal, she is willing to use her divorce to get the position, but still give us a bit more serious looking PM. 

As Far as Lee Rim, I think we see who He is for the most part. But i want to know what is his ultimate plan/goal aside from taking over the throne. And he seems to be playing god, and not the good kind

Romance.
I like how our Couple is yin and yang, and opposites truly attract. At This point, even with the proposal, i don’t think Lee Gon is in love with Ta Eul yet, or maybe more like smitten. She is the only Girl who didn’t go gaga over him and is not sway by his charm. I think most guys who get a lot of attention like Lee Gon is attracted to someone like Ta Eul. He feel safe around her more so that anything and he is been longing to see her and now that he is, he really is happy and want to be with her because there is this underlying feeling that Ta Eul is safe. Of course this will lead into being in love. the whole proposal remind me of “what’s wrong with secretary kim” where PSJ character proposed to PMY character because she was quiting her job. He wasn’t in love yet or realized that he is in love with her, he was proposing because He wants to hold on to something that is familiar and safe.
I can’t wait to see the romance develop and seeing a girl like Ta Eul falling in love :).

Overall, the story is rich and im really Hoping that KES knows the exit Plan and will execute them well.

Also, im at the point where i no longer investing into the ACTORS, but i am really rooting for the character.  and i am attached to the character and not the actors. it’s like LMH and KGE disappear and I’m watching Ta Eul and Lee Gon against the world or Two world heheh

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3

From DC Gallery. Looks like the horse riding scene in busan yesterday has garnered  2nd most searched in weibo a while ago.  

'lee min ho riding white horse' (google translate) trending at 2nd place ...have to count my place values carefully ... its 1,896,803 :D the drama must be hot there even without NETFLIX

C0dZKMd.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The Character That Received Attention From Netizens In "The King: Eternal Monarch"

maximus-Lee-Minho-the-king-eternal-morna

"The King: Eternal Monarch" just started and the drama is popular in and out of Korea. The drama has a lot of characters introduced in the first two episodes that aired.

On an online community, viewers of the drama pointed out that they particularly notice this character. This is none other than Maximus, Emperor Lee Gon (Lee MinHo)'s white horse. It is a seventh-grade official and Lee Gon's partner.

maximus-Lee-Minho-the-king-eternal-morna

Viewers have been stunned by the beauty of Maximus. In the drama too, a lot of people wanted to have a picture of the beautiful animal.

This scene where Lee Gon said "What's wrong, Maximus?" was also popular.

what-is-wrong-maximus-Lee-Minho-the-king

Finally, viewers loved to see the cute child actor of the horse. The foal was running around.

https://www.kpopmap.com/the-character-that-received-attention-from-netizens-in-the-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 11
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, SophieH said:

From DC Gallery. Looks like the horse riding scene in busan yesterday has garnered  2nd most searched in weibo a while ago.  

'lee min ho riding white horse' (google translate) trending at 2nd place ...have to count my place values carefully ... its 1,896,803 :D the drama must be hot there even without NETFLIX

Yes, when I saw every individual media account updated the post with tag #李敏镐骑白马# (Lee Min Ho riding white horse). I know this tag must be trending on search list that every individual media account wants to be noticed under LMH's popularity.  :D

But heard that our lovely baby Maximus is another breed that can't grow up to be a long-leg horse. :lol:

78782b3bgy1ge1bf8tbrlj20v90v51kx.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 10
  • LOL 1