[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 minutes ago, acyellowsc said:

I think I'm not gonna believe it as a whole preview.

In the preview of ep 13, it said something about rice cakes and noodles. Many people in twitter ( I don't know maybe also here) said that it relates with wedding or something like that.

And what? We didn't even have a bit of something like that in ep 13.

Kinda tricky, I guess

In this thread, we may have alluded that the rice cakes were to do with bedroom relations so technically, this forum was correct. 

The jury would probably disagree but I maintain that we are right.  Also, very innocent. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Omo. If you follow Bollywood, you definitely should know Sharukh Khan. He is known as the King of Romance and have done many films. He is also one of my favorites :D I cannot think on the top of my head of any American stars who have the same popularity because everyone has a different take on an actor. I would like to say the closest one I can think of may be Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt. Back then, Leonardo Dicaprio was popular for his roles too and especially for Titanic. But as of now, I don’t know since I don’t follow too many western actors/shows. I don’t know if SRK is more popular than LMH because in the Bollywood world and even nationwide, SRK is very popular. Hence I would like to believe LMH is popular in his own way because his fanbase is pretty huge all over.

I have watched other dramas of LMH before King. I watched BOF, Faith, Heirs, LOTBS and now King. I have to say though that King may be the most complex one he has played in because other than Faith (which was a little easier to follow), King makes me solve equations more than any of his other ones :D

@SweetButters hahaha. I feel like I am back in school studying except I am allowed to bring drinks onto campus and i love it! :joy:

@vangsweetie637 ** hugs ** . Why is this thread moving so fast...:dizzy:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hey, soompiers!, I'm new here.  :)

Two days ago I found this forum and they are amazing, I don't think I can read all the pages but I'm excited to see so many theories and see how much fun they have commenting.  I'm from Honduras, a super small country in Latin America. On this side of the world, The King is a sensation, in my country it is in the top 10 of the most seen since week one.

Sorry if I have any mistakes or grammatical errors, I'm learning English

• Like 14
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I don’t think we have enough screen time left to address this, but regarding PM’s mother - LR said that her parents were much better than she is, they treated him with respect.  The Trump/Kim Jong Un newspaper came twice and her office said it was from her mother.  We’ve previously tossed the idea that maybe her fishmonger mom isn’t her actual mother, and LR’s team just left her there?  

What if her actual LR supporting mother was the one sending her the newspaper?  The umbrella was left with fish mom for years, if they trust her with a piece of the flute, I’m sure they would trust her with a kid.  Fish mom would certainly recognize LL if he appeared after years of loyalty, but she didn’t.  His other most loyal henchman recognized him right away.

I believe what he meant was people generally respected and listened to him as someone part of the royal family, at least before he committed treason of course. 

57 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:
1 hour ago, clockrabbit said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0RsdPpVID/?igshid=891vpvv022q4

Has this ever been discussed?

But the photo in the left on second row looks a lot like jooyoung's eyes

Middle center and right both look like Jo Yeong.

Trust me, they’re all lmh. Those are his charming deep set eyes :D 

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Can someone verify for me if LR cut up his flute into smaller pieces and stuck them on different umbrellas or sticks? I don't remember which episode it was where he picked up something else with the flower emblem. Or did he just rest the umbrella because he does not need it to cross worlds yet? Like the umbrella left in PM's Mom's fishmonger's house; she said it was left there for years. 

It was just a theory that some people here threw out there but I don’t believe it’s true. I don’t see why LR would do that. I also don’t think he’s willing to  risk losing a part of the flute. And he’s most definitely not willing to share his powers with anyone. I would be surprised if he did and that also means we’ll get season 2 so LG can find all the broken pieces because boy, I do not know how he will be able to find all the pieces given the short time we have left. My head hurts thinking about it lol.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

29 minutes ago, Ari10 said:

Two days ago I found this forum and they are amazing, I don't think I can read all the pages but I'm excited to see so many theories and see how much fun they have commenting.  I'm from Honduras, a super small country in Latin America. On this side of the world, The King is a sensation, in my country it is in the top 10 of the most seen since week one.

Welcome on board @Ari10 feel yourself at home and join us in the conversation 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Ari10 said:

Welcome to soompi :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

46 minutes ago, msdot said:

Awesome pickup and analysis, @SweetButters! And ab drawing skills to boot!

@msdot Thanks !!! oh that drawing was a pic from LG's chalk board haha. I did draw it on my iPad hahah but I was like nahhhhhh not going to post my horrible hand drawn diagram lol.:joy:

#################### 

27 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Omo. If you follow Bollywood, you definitely should know Sharukh Khan. He is known as the King of Romance and have done many films. He is also one of my favorites :D I cannot think on the top of my head of any American stars who have the same popularity because everyone has a different take on an actor. I would like to say the closest one I can think of may be Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt. Back then, Leonardo Dicaprio was popular for his roles too and especially for Titanic. But as of now, I don’t know since I don’t follow too many western actors/shows. I don’t know if SRK is more popular than LMH because in the Bollywood world and even nationwide, SRK is very popular. Hence I would like to believe LMH is popular in his own way because his fanbase is pretty huge all over.

I have watched other dramas of LMH before King. I watched BOF, Faith, Heirs, LOTBS and now King. I have to say though that King may be the most complex one he has played in because other than Faith (which was a little easier to follow), King makes me solve equations more than any of his other ones :D

@SweetButters hahaha. I feel like I am back in school studying except I am allowed to bring drinks onto campus and i love it! :joy:

@vangsweetie637 hahahah !!! Yea watching TKEM makes me dust out all kinds of my old textbooks hahahah !! Drinking and studying is always a great combo!!!!:love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

8 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

@Umjicheok you just made a massive point.  I think Prince Buyeong is up north by Seoul, right?  At the time that he was killed, which was 2-3 crosses before the 4889 second one, it would have been less than an hour.  If LL’s bamboo forest is an hour north of Busan, then that’s at least an hour or more to fly to Seoul, where Buyeong’s residence is.  He wouldn’t have had time to cross the portal, and then fly to Seoul, killed everyone, and get to the Prince in time for the clock to start again.  I don’t remember LG crossing at that time too.   I have two theories...

LL had one of his minions cross the portal while he waited by Buyeong and then went ahead when time stopped.  

Jacket of Doom happened a few scenes later.  The fake out was that LG traveled to give TE flowers and was devastated because of his uncle’s death, but we know now that he was stuck and it’s a time traveler.  What if THAT Lee Gon crossing the portal is what gave LL the opportunity?  Timing works out - LG crosses, makes his moves.   Time stops again during the kiss, and this time it’s LL moving back.

Oooh I didn't know that Prince was in Seoul at that time. I thought he was staying at the Secondary Palace. But you are right @Umjicheok @AgentQuake about the timing.

But now that the time freeze is over by an hour, the grim possibility of doing the same in the Palace is higher :(

• Like 6
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Umm based on what @leeminhosny posted for us, sounds like she survives the stabbing?  Then convinced him to leave her to save the world?  And then a new timeline is created but she’s hanging on to her memories?

I think her memories will survive the time altering due to perhaps the unnatural planting she did in the between is my thinking. 

On a side note I was reading a theory that said she attained her memory because of pregnancy :joy: I am not denying tho her perhaps being pregnant it's a possibility but that won't have any effect in her attaining the memories from a different timeline that was altered

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

7 hours ago, Heretorant said:
7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

They  should give us more bts if we losing episode this week :D

Then I say, forget about the drama, just release all of the BTS! Uncut! 

Ratings would hit the roof! That would like WOTM-but-not-yet-official-but-cannot-hide-anymore version.   Aaaahhh to be one of the crews!

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

I found him a week before the king premiered due to the noise I heard online I ignored it couple of times and thought his fans were promoted him aggressively online always ended up finding quotes of him in places he shouldn't be hashtagged but all in all kept ignoring for about 2-3 days then I finally gave in to the hype and said I gotta figure out for myself. I dived into some of his previous work as The king didn't premier yet and we had 1 week left. 

I started with BOF then went from there to CH, GB, etc etc and then watched his vintage shows which I surprisingly liked alot more then I thought I would

What did you watch before LMH? Other Korean dramas or Western?

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

For what it’s worth, r/kdrama has always had a photo of LMH as their icon.  They changed it the other day and I was about to get offended until I saw they changed it to LG!Lee Min Ho, and then I sobbed a bit. 

He’s always been hot, but TKEM is just a whole different level.  It’s the forehead, he didn’t have a forehead for years.  He finally grew one.

Where and what is r/drama with a LMH photo as their Icon?

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I like Luna, regardless of that last scene.

I dont understand why Yeong needs a drink to talk to the King.

He wants to do MSD haha and do some heart to heart talk about LG's relationship with JTE. The fun part is that he even told SJ that he learned MSD from JTE. I saw him do MSD twice in that scene:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7