[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

16 minutes ago, Time loop said:

I think her memories will survive the time altering due to perhaps the unnatural planting she did in the between is my thinking. 

On a side note I was reading a theory that said she attained her memory because of pregnancy :joy: I am not denying tho her perhaps being pregnant it's a possibility but that won't have any effect in her attaining the memories from a different timeline that was altered

I don’t think it will be as magic/science-y as that.  My guess is based on the spoilers of LG with baby TE, and graduated cop TE, original recipe LG will visit her during those moments in the new timeline before he vanishes out of existence, or loses his own memories.  I’ve been thinking he will get stuck in the in between world or something.  Then when they have their meeting in Seoul years later, LG doesn’t have any memories of her, but Tae Eul remembers the guy who’s been in and out of her life.

Also, I feel like LL is going to use his past self as a time remnant to ensure that no matter what LG does, a LL a will survive.  So Original LG kills Original LL, but we have 1994 LL hidden away.  Cus remember, he hasn’t aged.  So by appearances, LG could kill 2020 LL and not have a clue which one it is.  

Then we go back to 2019 - JTE with sort of memories hugs LG who doesn’t know her, 1994 LL or 2020 LL, depending on which one survived, is still the enemy.  Lee Ji Hoon is alive, but only peripherally related to the story? 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

7 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I don’t think it will be as magic/science-y as that.  My guess is based on the spoilers of LG with baby TE, and graduated cop TE, original recipe LG will visit her during those moments in the new timeline before he vanishes out of existence, or loses his own memories.  I’ve been thinking he will get stuck in the in between world or something.  Then when they have their meeting in Seoul years later, LG doesn’t have any memories of her, but Tae Eul remembers the guy who’s been in and out of her life.

He can't get stuck in the between if he has altered the time. Everything resets he will begin from Baby Lee Gon and then grow up but he won't remember what occured in the pre-altered timeline. He will again cross over then ran into JTE but on the other hand JTE could have attained her memory because he came by her as young before altering time and resetting things 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

@AgentQuake

Okay look I will give you an example. 

If Lee Gon goes back to 94 and manages to kill LR he has altered the timeline and he gets the full flute. Baby Lee Gon starts his journey again with math and grows up. He dosen't remember anything from the altered timeline because it never happened to him all these events because it was altered out and instead new memories will fill that spot as he grows up and runs into JTE again in a different pattern where he dosen't remember her

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Time loop said:

@AgentQuake

Okay look I will give you an example. 

If Lee Gon goes back to 94 and manages to kill LR he has altered the timeline and he gets the full flute. Baby Lee Gon starts his journey again with math and grows up. He dosen't remember anything from the altered timeline because it never happened to him all these events because it was altered out and instead new memories will fill that spot as he grows up and runs into JTE again in a different pattern where he dosen't remember her

Hmmm you’re probably right.  Him going back to see bb JTE is to a further point in time before these events started.  So any memories she had before the night of treason would be unaltered. 

I’m still curious about the flowers of doom/police officer scene, although that could be a flash forward then?  @SweetButters, didn’t you say that it looked like JTE was promoted so it could be a future scene?

• Like 3

On 6/1/2020 at 4:18 AM, SweetButters said:

Time Travel Round 10,000!

This is the part where I was dumbfounded on with LG saying that if there is a time axis and a space axis then time travel is possible. He should already know it is possible as seen in ep.13 and other episodes when he drew “Tipler’s Cylinder” on his freaking chalk board! I don’t know why he didn’t connect the shape of the flute as a representation of “Tipler’s Cylinder” <_<

FLUTE = TIPLER'S CYLINDER (Get it? The Flute is one big cylinder) = ONE BIG TIME MACHINE 

There you have it, KES essentially created this supposed “finite cylinder” in the form of a magical flute that allows you to use it to travel in any point in time, spitting you out inside the wormhole/in-between place whereby when you exit either sides of portal entrances or mini cones in the picture shown above, you arrive in either KOC or ROK at that given point in time. It should be noted though that some potential requirements is that you must use the flute inside of the wormhole or in-between place to time travel as to avoid multiple timelines being solidified once you travel back from the past to the present and make the final exit out of the wormhole to either KOC or ROK portal entrances (outer cone of outer band shown on bottom right of diagram). 

Oh my Gah @SweetButters I love you! I love this!  Aside from the BTS (ahahahahahaha), the one thing that has occupied my mind lately is the InBetweenPlace, esp after that "impatient" dialogue between LG & TE (x-axis/y-axis space).  What you have outlined here is what I needed to be reminded of!

Curious that Tipler's cylinder is symbolized by a clock and we can see this every time we watch the show & all of its promo materials.  

6bouHPd.png

So this covers the time travelling mechanics.  The speed needed to travel back & forth.  I am confident that as a fast learner LG will realize that he has drawn the cone already & correlate that to the flute. To parahrase the preview "HE is not there yet"

And when you said "potential requirements is that you must use the flute inside of the wormhole or in-between place to time travel as to avoid multiple timelines" then potentially it means LG &  LR duke it out inside the InBetweenPlace - which would technically what will happen cos both of them are facing the portal, about to enter the wormhole.

The other thing I was thinking about the InBetweenPlace is its vastness, esp when LG talked about the x-axis/y-axis space.  Am imagining wild things about this place but that is par for the course with TKEM , right?  That LG has been trying to reach its edge -- but what if there is no edge at all? 

Because to-date, LG is treating the InBetweenPlace in a linear fashion. He observed that the seeds that TE planted sunked to the ground. He posits that living things sink but non living things float.  What if what LG is looking for is not on the surface? Could this be where the y-axis apply?

Hear me out - could the seeds be growing on the other side of the plane of the InBetweenPlace? Could the inverted plane be like the InBetweenPlace's "doppelganger" where everything on the original surface is its opposite?

Told ya its wild but I cannot shrug the feeling everytime I see the intro sequence and tie it with the "impatient" dialogue.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Would be surprised if he did and that also means we’ll get season 2 so LG can find all the broken pieces because boy, I do not know how he will be able to find all the pieces given the short time we have left

Season 2 has already got all the blessing it needs to go ahead

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

7 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I feel like @SweetButters and our other mathematicians in this thread are like Hulk/Stark in Avengers Endgame talking about the mechanics of time travel and math, and the rest of us are like Ant Man and War Machine making movie references 

Them: science smart stuff

Us: BACK TO THE FUTURE???? FLASH??? LMH ABS???

@vangsweetie637 is Thor mixing bloody marys in the corner

And that's why i labs you too my friend, Haha. You  & @Heretorant just give me joy :) Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Love 4

10 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Hmmm you’re probably right.  Him going back to see bb JTE is to a further point in time before these events started.  So any memories she had before the night of treason would be unaltered

I’m still curious about the flowers of doom/police officer scene, although that could be a flash forward then?  @SweetButters, didn’t you say that it looked like JTE was promoted so it could be a future scene?

Exactly.

Option 2:

There could also be another factor which is magical and has to do with her planting the seed in the between. It could grant her perhaps some vivid memories but this is just a weak theory don't pay attention to it 

• Like 2

Here’s what I’m dying to see (KES DO NOT LET ME DOWN): why is LG in ROK in the diamond jacket after he wipes the timeline?  If LL is defeated, he has no reason to go, and is probably quite busy.  He hasn’t been looking for JTE his whole life, and doesn’t need to chase the white rabbit.  So it’s possible that he just accidentally wandered into ROK this time, but I think it’s more like fate is calling him again.  

The last known owner of the rabbit coat is the yo-yo kid.  Maybe the original bunny coat was yo-yo kid all along, who can manipulate space and time?  He originally triggered LG into chasing him twice in the pilot.  Maybe he tweaks with fate again and leads him to Seoul, to right where JTE is?  Because the bamboo forest doesn’t lead right to Seoul, LG would’ve had to actively steered Maximus there, or fate would have led him there.  

JTE has it MUCH easier.  LG had to convince her that there were parallel universes, he was a King, and that he loved her.  She just needs to convince him that she loves her, which shouldn’t be too hard.  

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

We’re basically the TKEM Avengers at this point, trying to figure out time travel to bring back half our universe back.  And by universe, I mean either LG or JTE from the dead because every week we hold a funeral for one of them. 

tenor.gif?itemid=14123714

We can DO THIS!!!!

1*KnUBQYWkps5SwyQX_cXNaQ.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:
Re: The King is No. 1 on Naver

I guess, this is the first time in SK drama history that a drama that has low local ratings but NO. 1 one Naver. and has been consistently on the top 10 and top 5. 

So basically, if you take the Local Ratings, The King would be consider a hit?

I'm not stressing over ratings, it is what it is, but i'm just confused because, while it has it's flaws, it's not a flop.

Also, i read in a comment somewhere somebody said "i guess we should be seeing LMH more on Netlfix" 

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, SweetButters said:

Yea I dont get it either as to why LG is so um dumb? He's portrayed as this super smart math and science man, but he couldn't figure it out yet .....even though he drew the concept of a time machine on his board  is just beyond me at this point lol. 

Cut our boy some slack.  He is distracted by the luuurve bug. He still has not solved how to get the yes to his proposal, hehe

I remember at work when my group has a critical deadline. I always tell my staff - "postpone all love life till we get that damn deadline!" And everyone would laugh. I make sure that I make up to them for their "sacrifice". I could be this little tyrant when it comes to work but that's why my staff love me. Fun times.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

Was JTE promoted in the new timeline did you catch that from the teasers

• Like 5