[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@Heilo The whole savior identity thing - part of me is like blah blah logically it’s LG or SJ count the bullets measure the angles the scenes were shot where did he hit the bad guys how long did the whole thing take legend of flute 

On the other hand, I’m admiring the shooters long a$$ leggies so much that it’s gotta be LMH 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

1 minute ago, AgentQuake said:

@Heilo The whole savior identity thing - part of me is like blah blah logically it’s LG or SJ count the bullets measure the angles the scenes were shot where did he hit the bad guys how long did the whole thing take legend of flute 

On the other hand, I’m admiring the shooters long a$$ leggies so much that it’s gotta 

SJ as the second saviour. I am less then 50/50 on that one 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

On the other hand, I’m admiring the shooters long a$$ leggies so much that it’s gotta be LMH 

I can somewhat get behind this theory. I still have questions regarding JTE? Will she die in both timelines or will see survive

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I can somewhat get behind this theory. I still have questions regarding JTE? Will she die in both timelines or will see survive

Let me ask LMH’s legs

LEGS????  WHAT DO YOU SAY?

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

10 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Heretorant If anything, KES probably used a consultant who is a physicist and mathematician hahah because there's just no way she could come up with that on her own hahahah. Yea I dont get it either as to why LG is so um dumb? He's portrayed as this super smart math and science man, but he couldn't figure it out yet .....even though he drew the concept of a time machine on his board  is just beyond me at this point lol. 

@SweetButters could be that LG drew the concept of time machine because he suspect the savior is from the future, since he brought JTE ID card, a picture of a grown woman but was born in 1991. I think he is aware somebody time travel but he just didn’t realize that it was him who time travel?

• Like 9

@SweetButters haha, I love your explanation of the cylinder symbolizing basically the flute itself. I had to read it a couple of times to get the gist of it. But honestly, this was me trying to simplify it even more for myself:

giphy.gif

:joy:

so I am in agreement with @AgentQuake and her observations of the Avengers! I am definitely this guy instead:

U4NDY9.gif

:joy:

@scrawford Come on over. Plenty of drinks on my side :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

There you have it, KES essentially created this supposed “finite cylinder” in the form of a magical flute that allows you to use it to travel in any point in time, spitting you out inside the wormhole/in-between place whereby when you exit either sides of portal entrances or mini cones in the picture shown above, you arrive in either KOC or ROK at that given point in time. It should be noted though that some potential requirements is that you must use the flute inside of the wormhole or in-between place to time travel as to avoid multiple timelines being solidified once you travel back from the past to the present and make the final exit out of the wormhole to either KOC or ROK portal entrances (outer cone of outer band shown on bottom right of diagram). 

Thanks @SweetButters it is much understandable now. I agreed that the flute itself will be the key to each other world and it becomes more powerful and works as a balance once it got united maybe. That's what the yoyo kid do, making the path for LG to return for everything into its rightful places.

I always wonder that those scientific notes over his study room, on every wall or any flat glass LG could write are the vivid clues to those who understand them very closely. But since it's something I don't have much knowledge about I found it very confusing. Hahaha. Again your x-ray eyes and pretty mind save me again! LOL. At this rate, with many of science students like you and others here, this makes KES work seems so wonderful. 

Now I just need to at least see this bits of the writer's explanation into some scenes in the next episodes. 

P.S. thanks for indexing a link, very helpful and efficient. :kiss_wink:

• Like 6

He had to have known, right?  He mentioned in the first episode while looking at her birthdate that he’s older than her now.  And then of course when he sees her in person, she’s 30 and not 55.  The tag was also dated for 2019. 

• Like 4

The MSRP of that car is $261,274 to $287,400 USD. 

Considering ES didn’t take any luggage with him when he went to KOC, and had a big suitcase and backpack when he went back home...omg.  Is this illegal goods dealing? 

Does the palace even have any more valuable goods?  Has Lady Noh not noticed that LG is robbing the place blind?

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

7 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

@SweetButters  Very nifty explanation.  What do you think of the idea that LR's half of the flute can take him to the future and LG's half of the flute can take him to the past?  (instead of requiring the whole flute)

@1ouise It could be possible, but then what good would it be to for LR to travel to the future? Since for all we know, he might be dead already in the future and therefore he would just phase out. Traveling to the past would be better so you can change your present and thus following future. Therefore, traveling to the future serves no good purpose unless you want to know what has already happened so you can change your present given that you are still alive in the future time that you decide to travel to. Traveling to the past and changing stuff has a greater effect on the present than traveling to the future to gain knowledge of past events to change the present.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

The MSRP of that car is $261,274 to $287,400 USD. 

Considering ES didn’t take any luggage with him when he went to KOC, and had a big suitcase and backpack when he went back home...omg.  Is this illegal goods dealing? 

Does the palace even have any more valuable goods?  Has Lady Noh not noticed that LG is robbing the place blind?

It mus be thru diamonds or gold translated to Krw. It is somehow tho money laundering

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Dose lmh have a separate contract with SBS seems like they always line him up on SBS since City Hunter. His last 5 dramas have been on SBS

This isn't concerned with LMH, dramas companies contract with channels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

This. Can someone confirm. Any longtime LMH fans? I was very bummed when they announced that The King would be on sbs. 

I asked somewhat of same question, has he been also working with Studio Dragon only for last 3 dramas as well?

Someone please ask him to switch Prod Houses and Channel for a change for further Project.

• Like 2