[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

6 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Can't believe I'm defending JY but I think it is pure coincidence that he has to leave to get more soju and Luna came by.

I believe if JY is around, Luna would have poisoned JY too as she was also asking for JY.

Luna has JTE's phone. So she could have traced or get information via her phone easily.

Again.. this is whereby I'm upset.

Why can't JTE just tell LG and JY that Luna is in ROK and she has her phone????

Girl...... you dig your own grave!!!

I agree with this and my exact sentiment. Imo JTE made a mistake in not informing LG and JY of her double running amok on the streets

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

11 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

It may be a different timeline but it's still the same LG and JTE. Just because time is altered so the events and segments appear in different pattern dosen't mind it's a different person it's the same LG and JTE 

7 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Just because time is reset dosen't mean its different person example LG may not have memory but his still the same original LG from top to toe

I know, I know. I'm sorry if you misunderstand my meaning.

I don't refer to a "different person" of LG and JTE. I know that eventhough it's a different timeline, it's still the same LG and JTE.

I am just being sad because their struggle to maintain their love in this original timeline (that already happened in 13 episodes) will not be the same anymore. If the time is reset, it means that they also will have their new love story going on, despite everything that has already been shown to us for 13 episodes.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I feel like @SweetButters and our other mathematicians in this thread are like Hulk/Stark in Avengers Endgame talking about the mechanics of time travel and math, and the rest of us are like Ant Man and War Machine making movie references 

Them: science smart stuff

Us: BACK TO THE FUTURE???? FLASH??? LMH ABS???

@vangsweetie637 is Thor mixing bloody marys in the corner

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Had to backtrack 5 pages to find this gem :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

7 minutes ago, acyellowsc said:

I don't refer to a "different person" of LG and JTE. I know that eventhough it's a different timeline, it's still the same LG and JTE.

I am just being sad because their struggle to maintain their love in this original timeline (that already happened in 13 episodes) will not be the same anymore. If the time is reset, it means that they also will have their new love story going on, despite everything that has already been shown to us for 13 episodes.

From that pov your absolutely correct. I think some sad things will happen thats why the reset will be necessary otherwise LG would have kept same timeline 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

@SweetButters

My question is mostly asking if they need the whole flute to time travel.

I think LG will time travel with only half of the flute.

Will there be limitations to having only half?

Maybe only past or future travel?

It seems like it could be that LR has already been traveling to the future. 

Adjusting his watch seems to be important.

How did he know that woman would have a girl?

How did he amass his wealth? 

Maybe by gambling or investing on "future" information?

And if he could have already time traveled, he would have already tried going to the past.

So maybe his half won't go there.

These are just "if's."

I love your explanation.  :)

@1ouise From what I have seen so far, I think you need the whole flute to time travel. Its like could you time travel in a time machine without only half of the components needed? The limit to only having half is what we have seen so far, only limited to travel from one side of a universe to another in no time. There is no future travel. There is only time travel to the past and returning to then upon the usage of it, you are immediately returned to your present. Like the whole flute allows your 1 round trip (go to the past then return to your present). If you want to talk about that scene in the preview where there's two LRs, thats a future LR (on right with light grey tie) visiting his past self (on left with black tie). This means that probably in one of the loops, that future LR got the whole flute. As far as his pocket watch goes, I had talked about this in a previous post here. It explains some aspects of Einstein's General Relativity which was time dilation.

As far as how LR knew that lady would have a girl, she probably had her baby checkups at the very hospital he owns in ROK. 

As far as his wealth is concerned, LR is like rich people with anterior motives...so he probably had valuables hidden outside of the palace. It's like sketchy rich people hiding their money on off shore accounts. Something to bear in mind though, is that I believe what we are seeing or about to see is many different realities. All of the looping is occurring inside the in between place/wormhole. And as mentioned in that post earlier, none of these realities as far as we have seen have been solidified yet. By solidified I mean like completely step out of the loop and stepping out of the portal. However, we did get a clue that one loop finally was permanent (hint the 2022 video where JTE is alive and in KOC). 

#####################

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters haha, no, it’s not your fault. Your explanation are very well-written and straight to the point :D It’s my brain. Anything related to math/science makes my mind go very slow, almost as close to nothingness because I process it so much slower that I just need a drink instead :joy: :joy:

@vangsweetie637 HAHAHA I totally understand !! hahaha TKEM just makes me want to drink like all the time with all of its stuff hahaha!!! 

#####################

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Oh gosh.. you crack me up! :lol: for that part people in this thread have the x-ray function automatically. Lololol

It's just so sweet whenever he expresses his love through those numbers. :wub: 

@Alice Wonderland HAHAHAHHAHA !!! Goodness, I'm just surrounded by people with their minds in a gutter 24/7 :joy:.  Right?! I mean nerdy people find all kinds of ways to tell each other stuff that makes it super cute lol! Its like saying to a chemist nerd "oh baby I want to be the light to your electron, so I can take you from the ground state to the excited state" lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

If you measure by cultural impact he is 100% one of the most signficiant actors to grace this world. He has had a great amount of cultural impact 

I can wholeheartedly attest to this as I discovered LMH 2 months ago and binged watched his entire life 

19362144.gif

A man whom words can't reach in praise as praise is mere words

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, Umjicheok said:

Wait I agree JTE should have reminded him about Luna BUT doesn't LG have that knowledge? I mean that day before the fight scene he was looking for Luna in hopes of finding her in KOC before Lee lim could swap them. Then he realised JTE is in KOC. I thought it is given that he put two and two together and knew that Lee lim already went ahead and swapped Luna and JTE. I assumed that he knew about Luna being in ROC.

One thing I agree all of them should have some sort of conference to update each other :joy:

Members: LG, JTE, Sin Jae, Jo yeong ( I am not including eun sup because I guess he is not involved in ROC) 

1. JTE tells them her conversation with Luna and PHONE

2. Tells them about that doubtful care centre

3. Jo yeong should come clean regarding sin jae's mother and Lee ji hyun's mother in front of remaining 3 . Yes even sin jae should be there because to be honest them thinking about each other's feelings and keeping secrets is just going to make everything worse and more painful.

4. LG should tell sin jae regarding his mom in KOC ( this I am not sure where sin jae should know )

5. Come up with an action plan : to find more about care centre, why and how sin jae was specifically chosen and Lee ji hyun's mom beng kept alive.

If we watch the episode it was only sin jae who shared info with jo yeong: he said to look up details regarding his dopplegangler. But what jo yeong wanted to talk was regarding his feelings for JTE. I mean really? Why now? Most importantly why are YOU ( who is on LG's side) trying to put salt on his wound and provoke him? I would consider that as backstabbing but giving JY benefit of doubt was he testing sin jae to see if he would act against LG in the future if LL/ circumstances provoke him based on his feelings for JTE?  If nothing else he could have asked sin jae to set up unofficial meeting with his mom and find out more about his parents since LG already told him that he must have been swapped because of his parents.

Also why didn't he just buy beer when he was coming back to room? 

I'm just catching up so in case someone shared their views already...

Nope. In my opinion, I feel that he didn't know there was a swap. He may have an epiphany of what LR has been doing but I doubt he knows that the moment the real JTE is in KOC, Luna is over at ROK.

He was looking for Luna during episode 11 and he was relieved to get JTE instead.

He showed JTE's picture because Luna looks like her.

4) I think LG wanted to talk to SJ about his mother back in KOC but SJ didn't pick up his phone when LG was in the hotel before changing into his saviour wear.

Ok. So missed opportunity there. :joy:

In conclusion:

Writer seems to have communication problem that she always missed out all these communicating issues that even WE can point out.:lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I don’t think we have enough screen time left to address this, but regarding PM’s mother - LR said that her parents were much better than she is, they treated him with respect.  The Trump/Kim Jong Un newspaper came twice and her office said it was from her mother.  We’ve previously tossed the idea that maybe her fishmonger mom isn’t her actual mother, and LR’s team just left her there?  

What if her actual LR supporting mother was the one sending her the newspaper?  The umbrella was left with fish mom for years, if they trust her with a piece of the flute, I’m sure they would trust her with a kid.  Fish mom would certainly recognize LL if he appeared after years of loyalty, but she didn’t.  His other most loyal henchman recognized him right away.

• Like 7

On 5/31/2020 at 1:30 AM, Ima04 said:

Probably also LR felt the pain of the scar's since 25 years ago compare to LG that was just crossed the world recently.

The rule :

1. One of the doppleganger was killed

2. Already crossed the other world.

my guess is the real Kang Shin Jae is still alive as can be seen in the face of the yangsun's care center that was kind of surprise whe she saw SJ. Probably he's been there all along.

SJ also crossed the other world but didn't felt the pain, neither his mothers. 

I think SJ's double is hospitalized and he can't walk. I think the woman who asked LL to hurt these 3 kids is SJ's gambling mom.... 

LL swapped son for her and that is how she got SJ while the handicapped one is hospitalized  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, acyellowsc said:

I understand....this time jte is the one who is going to do the chasing. I am a sucker who believes in fairy tales...the guy must do the chasing etc....TKEM phase 1 is my dream comes true. Kih kih kih....rich, handsome, smart king (this is beyond my dream ok) and loves the heroin deeply and also on top of that..a heroin who is immune to his charm and badass as well. 

• Like 8

On 5/31/2020 at 7:52 AM, Wanderer062287 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

The way the King of the Kingdom of Corea bowed down to the father of the woman he loves - such a great scene :tears:

He is behaving like a totally normal person, none of the King stuff and he even bowed to her father and told him his "who must not be named" name.  If JY heard it, he would be shocked :D. Do Kings bow to commoners even though it is a girlfriend's father? LG is a fast learner. No more King stuff in SK.

13 hours ago, gabylee said:

Good morning here!

Just to let you know that we are finally #9 in Netflix's top in Mexico!! :scream:. Minoz Mexico made an intense campaign for multiple reproductions and we did it! 

We are so happy! We will continue with the reproductions and hopefully we will get a higher spot!

Let's keep watching The King!!

Gaby

I don't understand the campaign for multiple reproductions and how did that help King reach #9 spot?

8 hours ago, Heilo said:

I don't think Viki has ever promoted a drama like they did with LOTBS they have like 40mio views on some clips of LMH/JJH playing around etc etc and they have spammed Youtube with them getting multipe million hits on each video. 

The heirs had arguably equal promotion via Dramafever they went all in. Faith was a major hit in China and Japan that is why most of the promotions came from there and spread from there. As for CH it had a cult following in germany and other neighbouring countries it spread via word of mouth

I miss DramaFever too. I knew Faith was a hit in Japan, did not know about China though I know CH was a huge hit in China. That drama made him famous in China. They loved CH. I have not heard CH having a cult following in Germany. That is news to me and which neighboring countries? How was it spred by word of mouth?  Twitter. CH was the drama that made me like LMH and I looked for lots of info about him then but never heard about cult following in Germany. That is good news!

8 hours ago, Heilo said:

Agree with this. some may think this is an exaggeration but it's truly and honestly not and more of current reality. His an ICON and have reached ICON status few years back during GB era and I would even go a step further an say that his the most significiant actor to appear in the world in the last 2 decades outside of Shahrukh Khan. The dramafever servers almost crashed just due to a poster they posted of him throwing a punch in a mud fight 

I have followed Bollywood but not heard of Sharukh Khan, is he more popular than LMH? How about European or American actors?  I thought they have more popularity all over the world?  King is not in the top 10 in the US or I don;t know even top 100 in the US. He is not that well known here. I recommended my friend to watch King and she did like it and as she was telling another friend who is probably not into Korean dramas, she surprisingly said she heard of King. Interesting.

I had a subscription of Dramafever for many years from almost the beginning. miss DF and they did have GB. I did not know the servers almost crashed  because of a poster, which poster, can you share it under a spoiler?  I love GB too but did not do well in SK.

7 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

If you measure by cultural impact he is 100% one of the most significant actors to grace this world. He has had a great amount of cultural impact 

How do you measure that, cultural impact?   Who are the other significant actors that you know are in the same category?

6 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I can wholeheartedly attest to this as I discovered LMH 2 months ago and binged watched his entire life 

A man whom words can't reach in praise as praise is mere words

Is King the first drama of his that you started watching and started the others after King? Was it Netflix recommendation?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, acyellowsc said:

Hi guys, so I'm still reading up to page 627 and so many of you predict of a new timeline will be given in the next 3 episodes.

Well, as much as I'm hoping for a beautiful happy ending in whichever timeline, deep down in my heart I will be very sad knowing that the love story development between "original" LG and JTE that we've been watching for 13 episodes will be going in vain. I mean, if there will be a new timeline in the next episode, it means that everything will start in the beginning with no correlation with the one that we've been watching so far. It is proved that in the special teaser, the one who hugged first would be JTE, not LG. And from unofficial photos leaked, I think it will be the scene where the "new" LG and JTE going for a date.

I know that "maybe" someone (whether it will be JTE or LG) will have a bit of memories from the previous timeline, but it still bothers me that the will also have the new love story.

Ah, I don't even know if you guys know what I mean. But I'm really invested with their love progress in this timeline that I don't really enjoy the possibility of their new love story:bawling:

Anyone agree with me? Or I'm the only one? :cry:

That’s actually quite an interesting concept\ idea. 
Are we innately good from birth? 

Do our experiences create our personalities? Or are we are born with our innate personalities? 

JTE influenced LG, no question in my mind (in this timeline) growing up.  How much he was influenced by her we will see. 

I actually think there will be a happy ending conclusion....:wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Can someone verify for me if LR cut up his flute into smaller pieces and stuck them on different umbrellas or sticks? I don't remember which episode it was where he picked up something else with the flower emblem. Or did he just rest the umbrella because he does not need it to cross worlds yet? Like the umbrella left in PM's Mom's fishmonger's house; she said it was left there for years. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CallieP said:

Spoiler

He is behaving like a totally normal person, none of the King stuff and he even bowed to her father and told him his "who must not be named" name.  If JY heard it, he would be shocked :D. Do Kings bow to commoners even though it is a girlfriend's father? LG is a fast learner. No more King stuff in SK.

I don't understand the campaign for multiple reproductions and how did that help King reach #9 spot?

I miss DramaFever too. I knew Faith was a hit in Japan, did not know about China though I know CH was a huge hit in China. That drama made him famous in China. They loved CH. I have not heard CH having a cult following in Germany. That is news to me and which neighboring countries? How was it spred by word of mouth?  Twitter. CH was the drama that made me like LMH and I looked for lots of info about him then but never heard about cult following in Germany. That is good news!

I have followed Bollywood but not heard of Sharukh Khan, is he more popular than LMH? How about European or American actors?  I thought they have more popularity all over the world?  King is not in the top 10 in the US or I don;t know even top 100 in the US. He is not that well known here. I recommended my friend to watch King and she did like it and as she was telling another friend who is probably not into Korean dramas, she surprisingly said she heard of King. Interesting.

I had a subscription of Dramafever for many years from almost the beginning. miss DF and they did have GB. I did not know the servers almost crashed  because of a poster, which poster, can you share it under a spoiler?  I love GB too but did not do well in SK.

How do you measure that, cultural impact?   Who are the other significant actors that you know are in the same category?

Is King the first drama of his that you started watching and started the others after King? Was it Netflix recommendation?

Cultural impact its like a wave and craze he transcended in 09 and 11 causing a massive hallyu wave on international scale. 

You don't know shahrukh khan king of romance? You have alot of catch up to do.

As for in the western world such actors don't come around anymore the last one was Jamas Dean he created a cultural impact and the same with shahrukh khan he also created something similar 

Edited by Jillia
Quote too long
  • Like 9