[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

@Jaja Okay ever since JTE bought him that black jacket that looks exactly like something Heo Joon Jae would wear while scamming people, I’m convinced she’s a Lobster stan. 

She wanted some of that final Lobster bed scene for herself.  

:joy::joy: Well she did get one, technically speaking.

@Jajawhat happened to her that he carries id card with him to his past? the first timeline itself could be a drama full of 16 episodes.

JTE as seen from Episode 14 does get stabbed, If you remember episode 13 ending LG already has JTE's ID with him while he faints and is in Savior's attire. All the events happen in same costume which leads LG to travel back in time, he doesn't purposely carry it. It just happens to be with him.

That is my guess.

• Like 12
  • LOL 5

This may sound to easy of a fix..but LG wants to go back in time to prevent LL from taking the flute. Why doesn't he have a replica made and put it in the case...  this way  but on a show let him take .

Once he leaves the palace  arrest him and off with his head. 

I have to be honest I am looking forward to an Epic battle between him and LG.  Not sure if it will be one.

Also where is YoYo girl?  Didn't she say she is to defeat the enemy?  I wonder what part will she have in restoring the balance?

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, gwin said:

He also has his own bottled water company.   :joy:

But seriously, how much of a fail is his "poison".   JTE didn't die, SJ's mom didn't die, and we know LG doesn't die.  WTF.  Only the chickens died (RIP)

Laughed so hard upon this comment about the poison. So true!!! 

:joy::joy:

i just backtracked 9 pages and by the time I was done reading all the comments and theories, my mind went: :dizzy: lol. We are all truly an amazing team of people here! :wub:

I don’t believe JY is a baddie. Nothing so far has convinced me. Also, in the preview, there was a VO of JY stating if LG was the one who saved himself that night. Either he figured it out himself or LG told him. I don’t think JY would turn on LG. 

I don’t know and am not sure yet on how I fully feel about Luna after this episode. Part of me don’t like her (off with her head!) and part of me says (does she have a plan or something of her own?)! She hurt TE and LG so I cannot forgive her. But she doesn’t surpass my annoyance with PM. 

My feelings towards PM remains the same:
giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

@Umjicheok you just made a massive point.  I think Prince Buyeong is up north by Seoul, right?  At the time that he was killed, which was 2-3 crosses before the 4889 second one, it would have been less than an hour.  If LL’s bamboo forest is an hour north of Busan, then that’s at least an hour or more to fly to Seoul, where Buyeong’s residence is.  He wouldn’t have had time to cross the portal, and then fly to Seoul, killed everyone, and get to the Prince in time for the clock to start again.  I don’t remember LG crossing at that time too.   I have two theories...

LL had one of his minions cross the portal while he waited by Buyeong and then went ahead when time stopped.  

Jacket of Doom happened a few scenes later.  The fake out was that LG traveled to give TE flowers and was devastated because of his uncle’s death, but we know now that he was stuck and it’s a time traveler.  What if THAT Lee Gon crossing the portal is what gave LL the opportunity?  Timing works out - LG crosses, makes his moves.   Time stops again during the kiss, and this time it’s LL moving back.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 6

51 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

@Umjicheok you just made a massive point.  I think Prince Buyeong is up north by Seoul, right?  At the time that he was killed, which was 2-3 crosses before the 4889 second one, it would have been less than an hour.  If LL’s bamboo forest is an hour north of Busan, then that’s at least an hour or more to fly to Seoul, where Buyeong’s residence is.  He wouldn’t have had time to cross the portal, and then fly to Seoul, killed everyone, and get to the Prince in time for the clock to start again.  I don’t remember LG crossing at that time too.   I have two theories...

LL had one of his minions cross the portal while he waited by Buyeong and then went ahead when time stopped.  

Jacket of Doom happened a few scenes later.  The fake out was that LG traveled to give TE flowers and was devastated because of his uncle’s death, but we know now that he was stuck and it’s a time traveler.  What if THAT Lee Gon crossing the portal is what gave LL the opportunity?  Timing works out - LG crosses, makes his moves.   Time stops again during the kiss, and this time it’s LL moving back.

You implying that he could have made it on time to safe him? 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Rabbits, horses, goats, poison chickens, Luna’s cats...to many animals in this joint. 

The Goats were the only thing that I didn't catch but the other animals I did. I must pay more attention

18 hours ago, Jad068 said:

Re: LL time traveling. I think after LG got poisoned, Luna took the whip that has the flute and give it to LL and that is why he can now time travel.

We don't know yet if Luna actually took the whip yet. If she did that could be a disaster for LG

2 hours ago, NoonaCaana said:

anyone can tell me the brand and type of 4g cellphones they use?

thank you :)

I thought it was 2g phones Lee Lim was using not 4g's. If you mean the phone's the main characters like JTE and SJ were using I would have to say Samsung

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, NoonaCaana said:

anyone can tell me the brand and type of 4g cellphones they use?

thank you :)

4 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I thought it was 2g phones Lee Lim was using not 4g's. If you mean the phone's the main characters like JTE and SJ were using I would have to say Samsung

I have seen talk about PPL but the biggest PPL in all kdramas is Samsung hack i would say Kdramas are Samsung and Samsung is KDrama. A KDrama without Samsung promotion is not KDrama :joy:

Samsung = kdrama 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

I have some doubts regarding the multiple timeline theory.

1. What happens to the time traveller after resetting the time? Will he go back to the original timeline he belongs to or will he disappear? Will all the people belonging to the original timeline disappear too?
    Explanation in one timeline theory: Nobody can reset time. There is only one timeline. Nobody can change the past. Anything the time traveller does hoping to make a change will only eventually lead to the original destiny that has already happened.                                                   The current LG goes back to the past to stop LR from taking one half of the flute. He fails but he succeeds in saving the young LG and drops the ID card. Then he comes back to the current timeline. Nothing in the past changes, but he did what he is destined to do. 
  2. Every time a person travels to the past and changes something, the time resets. Right? Then what about the time travel done by LG to give those flowers to JTE?  Was time reset here?                                                               Explanation in one timeline theory: It is a chapter that is yet to happen to LG, but has already happened to JTE in the current timeline itself. Similarly, the 1994 saving chapter is yet to happen for LG, but has already happened to young LG in the current timeline itself. And these are all destined to happen. 
  3. If the future LG that saved his younger self came from another timeline, why would he get that black costume in the current timeline?
  4. If the future LG who came to JTE with flowers is from another timeline, why is that costume getting designed here in the current timeline?
  5. Just like LG who can go back to the past and reset the time, LR can also do it. Then it will be a total mess if LG and LR both make changes in the past and reset the time. More and more timelines will be created each time they both travel to the past and make changes.                         Explanation in one timeline theory: Whatever LR and LG do hoping to change the past, that were all already written in the destiny. And the past won’t change but everything they do will eventually lead to that which already happened.
  • Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 6

16 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

You implying that he could have made it on time to safe him? 

No - either LL has someone else crossing for him, to ensure he has time to kill everyone, or that Future LG is also affecting the time freezes. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I have seen talk about PPL but the biggest PPL in all kdramas is Samsung hack i would say Kdramas are Samsung and Samsung is KDrama. A KDrama without Samsung promotion is not KDrama :joy:

Samsung = kdrama 

It's a better love story then twilight these two can't be separated. They are one and the same 

tenor.gif?itemid=13528716

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

1 minute ago, Heilo said:

It's a better love story then twilight these two can't be separated. They are one and the same 

What? Better than Twilight??...Are we now comparing Frozen Vampire and Clumsy Teen with Samsung and Kdrama , even if the latter has a better mechanism in movement?? Lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Just now, madmad min said:

What? Better than Twilight??...Are we now comparing Frozen Vampire and Clumsy Teen with Samsung and Kdrama , even if the latter has a better mechanism in movement?? Lol.

Unfortunately for Twilight fans this has become a term that has entered the english dictionary and coined by Twilight haters.. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

What if it was the future LR who killed Prince Boyeong by travelling to the past in the same timeline? It will explain the time freeze (more than 1 hr)  and the interrogating scene. LR who returned to the future was caught by JTE and KSJ thus the interrogation scene. That too in the current timeline. 

Edited by Anagha
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4