[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

17 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

And let’s settle it here, it was implied 3 times in this episode that they slept together. Hehehe. Can we expect a royal baby?

It's totally like that trope when there's no dead body found when everyone believes whichever character is dead.  Y'all know that character ain't really dead and LE GASP the character shows up in a totally shocking (and not shocking at all) way later in the story. :lol:

When characters sleep together and some big deal is made of it - esp. in KDrama where that just doesn't happen all that often considering I could probably name all the rare bed scenes I've ever seen in KDrama off the top of my head LOL - then you can bet I'll be curious as hell if there's a pregnancy/baby story somewhere down the road.

And I know they're telling us with a bullhorn now that Lee Gon is his own savior as he's got the matching black outfit now, not only LG seems to have figured it out, but LL as well?  I'm hopelessly contrarian & stubborn and going to keep wondering if it is actually LG/JTE's grown son who's the actual savior and LG-as-savior is a misdirect.  (Though also 100% admitting odds were always heavily in favor of LG=savior)  

Also how might JTE discover she's preggo if she is?  Maybe it's after Luna (non-fatally) hurts her?  JTE gets to the hospital and they both discover she's preg?  That could be when Luna decides to not go through with whatever she and/or LL had planned for JTE?  We were shown Luna seems to have a soft spot for kids (and cats, lol), so finding out her doppelganger is preg, or more specifically, still capable of becoming preg?  Could be Luna is unwilling to hurt a preg woman and also could see that as some part of herself - even if only through her doppelganger - can live on and have a family/the idyllic family life she wants.  Luna seems in a real bad way medically at this point (her writhing around in that van), so could be Luna decides to sacrifice whatever little life she's got left for JTE's and her unborn kid's sake, regardless of whatever LL promised her?  Luna being the (or another) piece on the chessboard LL thought he had under control, but in the end proved not to?

My big fear though is if they don't tie up all the loose plot ends this season and the season ends in a cliffhanger.  I won't be as pressed about it if we're guaranteed a second season, but if the whole show ends in a cliffhanger and we never get a continuation?  :scream::bawling:

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Umjicheok said:

@gwin I saw the video about time travelling that you posted. It was very informative :D

My thoughts:

1. Self-consistency: I think (/hope) it is not based on this theory because for some reason  I think it is difficult to understand . May be it is only me who finds it difficult:sweatingbullets:

2. Time dilation: It doesn't serve our purpose since in TKEM  we want to change past i.e young LG to be saved

3. Back to the future type: this one is easier to understand BUT the only thing is the writer has to show how did LG survive in the first place, for him to grow up ,go back and change his future. Either they could show LG died but someone else decided to go and change the past or else he somehow survived on his own . @Elnin Joery clearly explained the timelines.

Now the question arises why his father is not saved but that can be easily explained by magical flute . It was broken after he died. Time travel machine=flute . If KES intends to write that only the events after the flute is broken can be changed because the flute in the first place should never be broken. 

P.S: since they already confirmed that LG is the saviour (which almost of us were on consensus from the start) , I still put my bet on 2 savior theory with sin jae being the 2nd one . Otherwise I don't see why we were shown so much of his character, back story, scenes showing his relationship with TE and her father, his mother's gambling story , his conversation with psychiatrist. If they just wanted to show us that Lee lim switched him bcoz of his mother, then could have just shown that. Why build up so much? Aside from our OTP, he is the next person to be given so much weightage as a character. 

@AgentQuake I agree with SJ being one of the savior. I am quoting my previous response since today's episode just strengthened my belief. Seeing how the writer is not adding anything just for the sake of 'shock' factor and the clues are adding up , I don't see what is the reason behind all these sin jae and his mother - LJH's mom scenes other than building up the reason for sin jae to time travel.

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

I thought the roommate from episode 9 or so was going to play a bigger part but she wound up dead and her story went to nothing. I really don’t want anymore screen time to go to waste. We have 3 episodes left and I’m seriously worried about how they’re going to clean this all up.

@Umjicheok agree. After watching the episode, I concluded the team had no idea about the delay and sbs just F’ed them over. The most intriguing part could have been LG finding out he was his savior but they already released the 4 minute long trailer which showed us so we saw it coming. We saw it coming either way but had they not released it in the trailer, we would not have seen it coming in this particular episode. It’s like in episode 4 when JTE lost her ID. We knew it was going to happen one day but when it actually happened, I still got the chills. Unfortunately, I was expecting LG to find out about himself in this episode so it wasn’t as chilling. I guess I expected to see more than just that. I was expecting that we will learn why and how he goes back in time. Now I have to wait a week for that.

Foehrkhdoehwoehe

Can you feel my frustration with sbs?  

Oh yes I can really feel your frustration. If they did for new viewers then what about old viewers like us who are using our brain day-night to understand the story.:heartbreak: 

Tbh I don't even think that they will gain new viewers for last 4 episodes because if there are ppl who are getting interested they would rather watch everything together afterwards. 

As you said theorizing about LG is saviour vs them showing in the promo is completely different. This was supposed to be exciting/shocking revelation but I was more shocked to see serious jangmi and SJ finding someone in the care centre LOL

Roommate murder: They can still show something related to it in the future episodes otherwise what was the point ?!

Lady Noh said that King Hyejong brought her to KOC. Now I hope ppl theorizing that she may be Lee Lim's mother is not true.:cry:

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm sorry I know we're supposed to feel worried about pyeha here but I can imagine something else happening in this scene amppp :rolleyes:

Hahaha. You win the internet:joy:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6

25 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Time-traveler Lee Rim meets himself?

Ahh Ok, TIME has been turned Only Once to Past and There are Multiple People who travelled back. LR and LG and someone maybe of 2020 travelles back to 1994 . My guess is that, because LR seems to wear the Day of treason clothes here maybe.

16 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

JTE can’t be pregnant, it’s been like 3 days.  Of course, they’ve pounded rice like 20 times since then if he’s already taking supplements.  

Thank You So Much, SHE Cannot get Pregnant THAT EARLY , LG is frozen in Time, not Carrier of Frozen Sperms like Edward Cullen in Twilight which when Just got warmth Got Activated within few Days !!! Lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 14

1 hour ago, Umjicheok said:

Today's episode for me was not so thrilling. I mean the climax scene and LG's saviour revelation was....Ok . We already somewhat know that he is gonna be alive. Contrary to popular opinion who thought that sbs-production planned this week 1 episode , I feel it was a last minute decision otherwise they wouldn't have revealed LG in the hospital stills. If anything today's episode felt similar to the previous friday episodes and not like a Saturday episode.:sweat_smile:

I actually found following scenes interesting:

Sin jae- Lee ji hyun's mom:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Sin jae saw someone else in the care centre room, which would be either his dopplegangler ( he was ill, right) / Lee ji hyun / small possibility of someone else he knows.

2. Lee ji hyun's mom was all nice and happy to meet  sin jae's mom. She definitely harbours good feelings for her BUT as soon as she heard about Min's  son (sin jae) being alive and healthy that too exactly 1 yr after she left the work she started getting uneasy.

3. Then finally she saw sin jae's photo, I think she anticipated problem with Lee lim and immediately cut off the conversation with Ms. Min and ran away.

With only 4 episodes left for them to wrap up , why show these interactions?

4. This I am not sure

That manager woman of care centre looked shocked when she saw sin jae. Was it because he is someone she knows or because he already went ahead (without warrant) and found that they need ID and quickly took her ID LOL

PM Koo

Reveal hidden contents

I am still not sure whether I should be happy about LG taking help from that old man or not. 

If anything I feel it was a trap of Lee lim , so that pm koo completely turns against LG.

I mean her husband is Lee Lim's follower, no?

Oh on the other hand I don't feel bad for her.:joy: Why would she record her conversations with LG ,when he treated her with respect as a PM . 

For just a teeny-tiny moment I thought she has no option but to play along with Lee lim since she clearly knew Lee lim would off with her head LOL

I thought today's show was compelling and very interesting. I wished they had not shown LG running towards JTE in his CH outfit in the previews or spoilers or LG in hospital so today would have been a bigger surprise.   No doubt we all suspected LG to be the savior but we thought it could be two people, it could be SJ or JY  so today would have been a "Yes!"  I was right. To new viewers who have never watched CH, this would be a revelation but to see LG in the outfit, the cat is out of the bag and not a surprise today. Soompi viewers are veterans but I am thinking of those new to Kdramas. I introduced my friend to King and she finds it very interesting. She may not look for previews so she might still be surprised. She does not like spoilers.  So I was thinking of such viewers and not Soompiers. 

• Like 10

Lee gon's grandfather also travelled to the parallel world and brought head court lady noh in kingdom of corea, if manpaskjeok isn't half into two and the portal between two worlds is still open so maybe there's a chance that tae eul and lee gon will have a happy ending!cici20.gif?w=150&h=150

that dimple again31.gif?w=560

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

DC

ep 14 preview is so chaotic.yoyo137.gif?w=150&h=150

9979fe44092a5a97ee92edb77ce6e1b8cbbd205a.gifv

Me:joy:

07f9c56vg3mu.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3

I just came up with this idea. Seems far fetched, but what if one end of the flute enables one to travel to the past, and the other end lets them travel to the future?

And with that, LG got the part that allows him to travel to the past, and thus save himself and give himself clues, etc.

Then LL gets the part that lets him travel to the future (not sure about this part, maybe he hasn't discovered time travel yet and that's why he meets what I think is a future LL in the preview?) 

Since the flute is cut in half, both of them can travel through both worlds at the present timeline. 

Then combining both ends either resets everything or allows the owner of the flute to travel whether the past, present or future. 

But then again, we never know. This would have been such a good episode if SBS did not release that 4 min preview. Nevertheless, the pacing and buildup is definitely great and I can't wait for the next episode! :bawling::wub:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 10

Ok WAIT!!! LUNA did Not want To maybe KILL LG but STEAL the FLUTE? Does LR know that WHIP has the FLUTE?? 

Flute is joined and LR travels back to time But this thing Wont explain how LG can go back??

Q- Does LR know that LG's WHIP has the Half of Flute?..no one should know that unless Lady Noh or JTE reveals that right???

BrainDead Right Now God Dear Lord!! WHY O WHY.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I was always under the impression that they were just trying to misdirect us BUT I think the misdirection was too strong, they actually need to make up for it. They haven’t shown us any scenes that prove LG is a good shooter but now I’m just supposed to believe it? It’s simply throwing something out there and expecting viewers to just take it as it is. 

I think there is a second shooter, check the preview video of episode 14...

I am not good with screenshots but episode 1:

Someone shoots at the ceiling, traitors look upwards, then One shooter tall shoots, takes refuge behind a body and shoots more then jumps through the glass and hides behind the wall. next comes someone who shoots and there is a side profile of the person (who to me looks like someone with a woman's upperbody) and then i see this person who checks the child's pulse. The last person shooting actually is able to get no one with his shots.

When will friday be here?

Btw why did JTE and LG not speak about Luna being in Korea and a danger? Why do the two of them not discuss enough? Will LG tell JTE thaat he was his own saviour?

And just a theory:

While time is frozen and LG runs towards a stabbed JTE are they in Corea or Korea? Maybe the rule of frozen time does not apply to dying people? If JTE got stabbed in Korea then how did she travel to the place where LG can run towards her?

No theory... just questions :D

thanks to the person who translated the preview. I enjoyed the live commentary after checking the live show and you guys are funny.

i remember someone said that LG will be hurt in Korea... kudos to you!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4