[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

24 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Some of it i agree with but i will only highlight the parts i disagree with. 

I think the portal will be closed literally leaving them separate where she will pursue LJH but she will find out that his not her boyfriend but the real Lee Gon will cross over again sometime later fulfilling destiny but this time she will recognize him which means we come full circle. She will pursue him as he dosent remember anything. 

She will finally get with him but on a new start as this is indeed a different LG with no memories of her but a LG from Timeline D which i call LG T- D While timeline A, B, and C has already taken place and the one this show was set in was timeline C 

Not a bad idea tho overall but if the portal is closed how will Lee Gon cross again to fulfill a destiny where they run into each other by accident again

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Not a bad idea tho overall but if the portal is closed how will Lee Gon cross again to fulfill a destiny where they run into each other by accident again

I think the portal will get completely closed but he will open it with the flute because it will be in his possession and fully intact this time around. He will be able to reopen it. He won't reopen to look for JTE but just exploring but he will run into her by accident 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

20200529000834127_1590710450_1.jpg?15907

20200529000834127_1590710450_2.jpg?15907

Maximus, who is starring in the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch," is very popular. 

On the 28th, a post and a photo of Maximus, who plays the horse character of King Lee Gon, in "The King," has completed copyright registration and is in the process of registering trademark rights. Maximus is also scheduled to shoot a commercial and a drama next month.

The photo draws attention as it contains a copyright registration card as well as a filming scene of Maximus and Lee Min-ho in the drama.

Images of Maximus eating carrots were also shared. "The hard-working Maximus is eating a delicious fruit snack," representative of the Holms Masters Riding Club said.

Internet users responded by saying, "You worked hard," "Your eyes are so pretty," and "It's one of the reasons why you watch dramas."

Meanwhile, Lee is known to have sent Maximus a snack gift, drawing much attention.

Recently, online communities and social networking sites posted photos of boxes of carrots and sugar cubes that actor Lee Min-ho sent, drawing attention from fans.

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20200529000834127

• Like 13

2 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

Guys, has anyone noticed that there has been a change in the translation over Netflix?

1. Change in translation Epi 12

I must confess it took me a while to re-watch epi 12 cos am being sentimental (go figure!). I noticed that the translation of an important story element in the bedroom scene has been changed --

ORIGINALLY:

LG: “I think it’s a side effect of crossing the road of thunder and lightning. What about you? Aren’t you hurting?”

TE: “No, I feel fine.”

(At her request, he only glances at her shoulder briefly and says she has no scar.)

TE: “Is it random?”

LG: “It’s strange. This means the rule of traveling between worlds has been broken.”

NOW 
LG: “It’s strange. This means it’s not connected to crossing the two worlds.”

I checked the SBS version and it is the same as the original translation in Netflix.

What do you make of that? Which is the correct version based on what was actually uttered by LG?

The two different translation has two very different implication to the drama. First one implied that there are set rules of traveling between two worlds, which usually would lead to us theorizing them, which has been part of fun all of us do here. The second one is plain and straightforward for viewers to understand that scaring/lightening is not connected to crossing worlds. And this perhaps is truly what writer meant. 

I wonder how many intrigues and suspense that I got from watching first 10 episodes were actually intended by writer or from bad translation. Part of my discontentment since epi 11 was that those intrigues we thought we saw or understood and theorized  in early episodes did not result into anything in later episodes, continuity issue as many of you have said too. 

Despite of all that, the King is still majestic and a very fast learner. Just look at his first and latest kiss, you see the tremendous growth there. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 10
  • Insightful 1

@Emmy Nur'aenny I m very impressed with your explanation about TE and LG personality in such deep perspectives. Science and Faith are two different elements whereby always have contradiction in between. However,..LG and JTE no longer reject science or faith but accept both. 

LG is very determined person with all his logical math thinking and JTE experiences and knowing that the guy standing in front of her is not laying to her. Whatever he said it is true.

I should conclude that love brings them together. If it is not LG's patiently guide JTE, there wouldn't have love story between them. 

• Like 4

a80f91ad994f459bafe91f2709f83a25.jpeg?s=

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Wraps Filming After 8 Months + Confirms Finale Date

Filming for SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” has officially come to an end!

On May 29, production company Hwa & Dam Pictures announced that with just four episodes left in its run, the fantasy romance drama had finally wrapped up filming.

The company stated, “Filming [for ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’], which began in October of last year and continued over eight months, was completed on May 28. We would like to thank the cast and crew, who did their very best for the new and different parallel-universe fantasy romance ‘The King: Eternal Monarch,’ one more time for their toil.”

Hwa & Dam Pictures went on, “The drama’s unpredictable and endlessly eventful story will continue to unfold in the remaining four episodes. Please stay tuned until the very end.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” first began filming in North Chungcheong Province in October 2019, and after eight long months, the drama wrapped up its final shoot with Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun on May 28.

SBS also announced that the series finale of “The King: Eternal Monarch” will air on June 12. (As previously reported, the drama will not air in its usual time slot on Friday, May 29, meaning that the next episode will air on Saturday, May 30 instead. The following two episodes will air on June 5 and June 6 as usual.)

Are you looking forward to the finale of “The King: Eternal Monarch”—or dreading saying goodbye? Share your thoughts with us below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1403305wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-wraps-filming-after-8-months-confirms-finale-date

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

Yes I am a Faithling! Altho I just lurk in soompi reading all the excitement.  It is my 1st time to actively participate in this forum. Thanks to TKEM.

My username is actually a play on my real name & of The Daejang.  MY - is not a possessive adjective. It is my initials.  Then of course you know who Choi Young is :)

Glad to know another Faithling lurking out again. *** HUGS ***

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Thong Thin said:

Glad to know another Faithling lurking out again. *** HUGS ***

Plenty of us here. We still love Choi Young until today :D

9 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

8 months Oh my god. They went thru alot for this one. I hope they can get good rest. I was moved when I saw 8 months filming

They deserve to celebrate. :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I have a theory. 

I genuinely feel like something will happen that will force a time-reset in the timeline which means everything that has happened in this timeline gets wiped out and that can only happen if Lee Lim is stopped at the beginning which means Lee Gon and JTE will have to re-meet again. I think one of them will attain memories somehow maybe due to the tree JTE planted in the between. 

Which means she will have to pursue Lee Gon this time when she runs into him because she will recognize him and he won't and imo if she tries enough she will win over him it's destiny. This will be a new fresh start for our couple just meeting each other again where she is chasing him now and he can't remember what happened in the previous re-set timelines as all that is wiped out simply. 

Let me know your opinions on this take and how differently do you see things unfolding?

The timeline is classic Back to the Future.  The only chance to repair the present is in the past--at the point where LR crossed over and started murdering and swapping. That is the reason for LG to wipe out the timeline we are now watching by traveling back and preventing LR's actions.  LG won't forget anything, and everyone else will go on in the new timeline (including some people who will never have died) without knowing there ever was anything different.  The portal is closed.  LG hasn't met TE.  But he remembers her and he knows how to use the portal.  The rest is destiny.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

12 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

The timeline is classic Back to the Future.  The only chance to repair the present is in the past--at the point where LR crossed over and started murdering and swapping. That is the reason for LG to wipe out the timeline we are now watching by traveling back and preventing LR's actions.  LG won't forget anything, and everyone else will go on in the new timeline (including some people who will never have died) without knowing there ever was anything different.  The portal is closed.  LG hasn't met TE.  But he remembers her and he knows how to use the portal.  The rest is destiny.

Sounds possible. 

The LG who traveled back and restored balance, will he be able to cross to the new timeline? In the new timeline, is there an LG who is different from the one who restored balance? Or are the people in the new timeline the same people we have been watching and LG just needs to return back to the future? Lol, sorry I’m asking as though you are writer Kim. Lol. 

What’s hardest for me to accept is if the LG we have been watching does not end with his JTE. I need these two to end up. I don’t care about LG and JTE 2.0. 

Omg, I forgot to watch Back to the Future :lol::lol::lol: Maybe I could have answered my own questions if I watched it lol. Tonight, tonight... after I finish marathoning TKEM lol. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

If he changes the past tho the future will also change meaning his memories will get wipped out naturally. His 1994 version won't have the badge unless he leaves it again for him and that was the only thing that made him remember her in the first place but if he wipes things out without that he won't remember anything on her to remember by which I believe will be the case. 

LG is very smart he figured out that there was link with this ID badge he had but without he won't be able to calculate anything or assume her magically which means he will be without memory

• Like 8

On 5/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, Heretorant said:

Sounds possible. 

The LG who traveled back and restored balance, will he be able to cross to the new timeline? In the new timeline, is there an LG who is different from the one who restored balance? Or are the people in the new timeline the same people we have been watching and LG just needs to return back to the future? Lol, sorry I’m asking as though you are writer Kim. Lol. 

What’s hardest for me to accept is if the LG we have been watching does not end with his JTE. I need these two to end up. I don’t care about LG and JTE 2.0. 

People have different ways of describing things.  There is only one timeline.  The one we are watching will be replaced with a different one.  The people are the same, but their history will change.  Yes, LG just returns to the present.  They are the same people, but they will have had different experiences.  Other people might describe it differently.  If you have seen Back to the Future it is easier to understand.

@Heretorant  Back to the Future 2 is even more helpful, but you won't know what's going on if you haven't watched 1.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Anna Todd New York Times bestseller author comments on the TKEM delay. Seems like we have influential TKEM fans on board. I suspect she is a MinEun shipper:lol: 

The question now is...

IS SHE HERE? B)

8 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I thought about it and I’ve come to terms with the delay of episode 13. 

After sleep, I seem to have come to terms with the delay too.

Saturday episode ending must be so shocking that it will leave us worse compared to episode 10. :D

Tissues, pails... we may need them!

I'm on episode 4 and oh my god.

Why did I just realise PM koo is such an annoying and arrogant richard simmons?

tenor.gif?itemid=3468533

Off with her head!!!!

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

"The King" shooting is over after 8 months, and the final episode will be aired on June 12 (official)

Sigh.. official it some more.

There goes my dream.

tenor.gif?itemid=5157480

• Like 2
  • LOL 11