"The King" Lee Min-ho, goodbye kiss with Kim Go-eun

Reveal hidden contents

3c42c990-d92f-48b5-a1aa-83b1165e8a25.jpg

3709-E421-2-EF7-4-E32-91-E5-0-D55-E33883

Goblin Flashbacks right when Kim Shin scatters into the wind :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

4 hours ago, LorenHaze said:

Your gifs crack me up. One post will have me near tears, then I see your post and laughing I go. Makes me feel kwayzie and a little off....haha :w00t:

haha laughter is one of the best medicine ;) we will all cry and laugh together! :D

4 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Is there no restriction to send anything from S. Korea to your country?  :glasses:  (After backreading a few pages, it's good to see short comment like yours) 

4 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

As much as I love those chicken, I also hate this scene. 

I mean, what? Hei waiiitttt. It seems so delicious and you just bite it once? Come ooonnnn. It cant be reaaalll

lol, i know it’s all PPL. But these chicken keep showing up! And everyone keeps taking one bite only! Then I drool and i say to the screen “please give it to me instead. I won’t waste it.” :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

the last scene broke my heart, and i cried along with them. :bawling:

so glad im living in this moment to be able to watch such great actors. kudos to lee min ho and kim go eun! 

my theory (on the last scene), isn't exactly a theory. "walking through frozen moments in time" - could simply means, he's dead. When one is dead, what's left are past memories, and these past memories wont be changed aka frozen moments. 

he went to see tae eul knowing he might die (from the war with lee rim), wants to give flowers and say i love you because that's probably his last time. 

and of cos, i hope my theory is wrong. i wouldnt want anyone to die, except bad guys. 

im hoping for a happy ending. i believe tae eul will eventually move to KOC for lee gon. she loves him too much. 

and till then, it's another week of waiting *sighs*

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I've read pages. And also pages about 4hrs plus ago. But no one has mentioned the shot ES. Can someone please tell me what happened or what happened to him or Sin Jae?

I have decided to skip episode 10. I am not interested once I learnt that JTE has died or the one we saw earlier has died. Like seriously? I already hated the Goblin ending so totally lost interest once you guys started talking about a tortured Lee Gon reliving seeing his love die again and again.

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

@ck1Oz  Nobody has died, except for Prince Buyeong. 

Everything else is pure speculation,

and some of it will turn out to be wrong. 

Watch for yourself. 

Some of what is posted here is just plain confusing.  :lol: 

I am enjoying the story and predict a happy ending,

and not nearly as complicated as some people have theorized.

:heart::heart::heart:

@1ouise Well said.  @ck1Oz  I hope you will watch the episode first before reading the posts. 

Sometimes reading the prediction and speculation based on various resources here, might create uncomfortable feeling that is not yet necessary and might not happen at all.  

Glad to see ES adapt well with the new environment and is going to be fine.

Glad that SJ, JTE and JY are able to work together at the moment.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, singersleeps said:

the last scene broke my heart, and i cried along with them. :bawling:

so glad im living in this moment to be able to watch such great actors. kudos to lee min ho and kim go eun! 

my theory (on the last scene), isn't exactly a theory. "walking through frozen moments in time" - could simply means, he's dead. When one is dead, what's left are past memories, and these past memories wont be changed aka frozen moments. 

he went to see tae eul knowing he might die (from the war with lee rim), wants to give flowers and say i love you because that's probably his last time. 

and of cos, i hope my theory is wrong. i wouldnt want anyone to die, except bad guys. 

im hoping for a happy ending. i believe tae eul will eventually move to KOC for lee gon. she loves him too much. 

and till then, it's another week of waiting *sighs*

I love your theory. 

Tbh, it made me better, at least for now.

Thank you

• Like 7

1 hour ago, yuiy78 said:

This is the first on going drama for me, and I decided it will be the last. Its hard guys when it comes to critical (and super sad) episode like this. Cant bear it anymore

Even though ep 10 was sad, I still think the process of watching and discussing real time is enjoyable.  Even if Lee gon should be the one to die, I'd be ok.  LBS was my first on going drama and that was a lot tougher for me.  LMH was going to begin MS soon after so even though the final episode was a happy one, I was still sad.  And the cast photo at the end of the drama almost made me cry.  

@vangsweetie637  Taking one bite of chicken is how they stay slim:lol:

I can't believe that there are only 6 more episodes!  Where did time go?

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

Ep 10 is so heart wrenching. When the King was gone leaving JTE weeping after bittersweet kiss, all I could do was keeping citing a poem I love from “Tale of Genji”.

Crying, oh crying

Like wild geese

I made my way home;

But the passing world

Holds no resting place eternal

I, along most if not all of you, have suspected from start that this is a endless love of two people together but separate. I’ve prepared for the sadness to fall on me. But seeing this scene hurt me so much. And there will be more to come in next few episodes. I will be reading a lot love poems before next week's episodes. 

Photo credit to Kdrama Knights. 

ENGSUB] | The King: Eternal Monarch ep 10 When He disappeared ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

I know I keep harping on about JTE's Hero's Journey (which seems to be almost step-for-step so far), but I can't stop thinking about the potential chess allegory either. 

Ok, this is going to be long and not just a little bit crackspec/fanficcy, so bear with me here.  Though I'm (almost) positive there's going to be some other big showdown between LG and LL, I'm starting to wonder if their showdown may not be the only critical one in the denouement of the series.  That - despite how the show has been presented and all the promotion around it (with LMH front and center in most everything and even the title of the series) - the way the series is panning out, it almost feels like LG vs. LL may not necessarily be where the story lies.  I don't know if I'd go as far yet as saying it feels like a bit of a red herring, but just maybe not as prominent by series end as we're being led to believe.

I'm starting to wonder if it's really going to boil down to JTE vs. KSR.  Not just the fight for the position as LG's Queen, but saving the whole of KOC and ROK from someone - though they didn't seem all bad at first - is corrupted by what's essentially the power of a god.  Though unlike LL, I might see KSR more terrifying because I could see her believing what she's doing is for the greater good, but can't see what's monstrous there for what it is.  That regardless of LG's warnings, she keeps using the power of the flute and it's weakening the divide between the universes, so the bleed gets worse and worse.

To me, with those ROK newspapers LL kept sending KSR, it's just a matter of time before he saunters up to her with a Faustian deal.  What I'm stuck on is how she responds to it or how much she'd ultimately be willing to fall in line with someone who's pretty clearly this arrogant, testosterone-addled Bastard Angst cliche and egomaniac born with a silver spoon in his mouth on a big fat power trip..... because what's been presented of KSR so far?  I don't know if LL's manipulation would necessarily work quite as well on her as it has so many others.  Not to say she'd reject his offer, but how she accepts he may not see coming at all.  

Probably like so many arrogant men before him, he wouldn't see the knife in his back until it was too late.  Mostly because he was just too arrogant and condescending to see it.

I think we'd all be cheering the demise of LL, regardless of how it came about, but would that make KSR a hero?  Not so much.    

I don't think she'd intend to fashion herself as some god (like LL seems to be), or at least not at first, I'd see her more like a dictator.  Thinking or convincing herself what she's doing / plans to do is for the greater good, but in reality, it's horrifying.  I could see KSR using Manpasikjeok's power, to make her both supreme ruler of the Corean government, but also force LG to marry her, making her Queen.  Making her power absolute.  Bring Japan to heel and probably in a brutal way.  It could be those threats towards Japan, possibly threatens to destroy it completely, this could be the blackmail KSR uses to force LG to marry her.  

Why would LG agree to this though if he has the other half of Manpasikjeok?  That's the thing, he probably doesn't have it anymore.

I suspect Luna may end up stealing LG's half on LL's orders after he recruits her (probably with big promises of healing her terminal illness), except Luna - being another wild card - may not have ever trusted LL completely or realizes whatever promises he made her were false, runs off with the half of Manpasikjeok.  What little we know about Luna, she doesn't take kindly to those who've betrayed her (and she also seems to like to steal from powerful, rich people, i.e. the mob boss she stole from, KSR's bracelet. etc).  Luna then disappears without a trace... but she's dying anyway regardless the fact she's holding the power of time/space in her hands.

Then, in theory, KSR also turns on LL to take his half of Manpasikjeok.

One way or another (and per JTE's Hero's Journey I can't stop talking about), Luna's half of Manpasikjeok will likely end up with JTE.  How this happens?  I don't know.  I suspect JTE could somehow end up tracking down Luna and, though L is resistant at first, but as she's dying?  She may end up feeling some sort of camaraderie with JTE towards the end of her days as she gets weaker and weaker (JTE likely pulled in by Luna's suffering as she'd probably see so much of her mother's final days in Luna's).  Maybe even comes to like JTE, Luna who seems to have had no one at all in her life, as a person.   Though I think it's probable KSR will be obsessively hunting Luna for her half of the flute and that further sours Luna's perception of KSR after that messy first impression?  It may be more likely, due to Luna's savagery when it comes to revenge, realizing JTE could spoil KSR's best laid plans in so many ways (the fact KSR's husband loves JTE and only JTE)?  Luna may give up her half to JTE before she dies, just to spite KSR. 

Hence, leaving the big showdown in the series, not between LG vs. LL, but JTE vs. KSR.  With the possible big chess allegory, the Queen is the most powerful piece on the chessboard.  It's one powerful Queen (JTE) that protects/saves her King (LG), battling the rival powerful Queen (KSR).  JTE, with her half of Manpasikjeok, saves LG, his Kingdom and the ROK, from KSR's tyranny, also wielding half of Manpasikjeok.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

The King: Eternal Monarch: Episode 10

aff3ce52536e6f188dc32c2eb1a55928a850a4ee.gifv

a72e43b2cbe178f8bc71e5e32c0268031259bcd3.gifv

Spoiler

34ed1068223ca9e2fec8aa5ce7103fb046feb750.gifvb6efe90da7cedd80fd484e36ba82b885b8c0711e.gifvd295587f43a2994d8ead6c132e2359f7863526f9.gifv0f9e48b0ff58ea07df0111d5928f4677b4dea9c3.gifv

========

I realized that I never even gave you a single flower. That’s why I crossed the universe for you.

e27623df9571f9edef5fac88fec6eed433143a6b.gifvbb2940370b8090fa403f32cd25e47b8043da86f4.gifv

Spoiler

e08034103fce0ebbdef7901cb9e07c7237d9f5b2.gifvf0b76412a866b2c8192cd31286871f329521d2b3.gifvde1a82165965b1a0695f6eb4d531e84c7c0bee32.gifv991976872786d940e58d06076b2fe87c89cfd7f7.gifv

cr Setmaker gifs

• Like 15
  • Sad 2
  • Love 7

TKEM gives a the flash series vibes to me. LG is the flash of course, JTE is Iris west, for this version LR is the reverse flash and etc... waaah! Plus the parellel worlds. Waaah. Im getting anxious and excited for next weeks episodes. We only have 6 episodes left I don’t want to say goodbye to TKEM yet. :tears:

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, cpt_falcon said:

I suspect Luna may end up stealing LG's half on LL's orders after he recruits her (probably with big promises of healing her terminal illness), except Luna - being another wild card - may not have ever trusted LL completely or realizes whatever promises he made her were false, runs off with the half of Manpasikjeok. 

Luna does not strike me as someone who will take order from anyone. She has no fear and nothing to lose, not even her own life. I still think Luna is leftover JTE from one of time loops. The preview JTE wandering alone desperately wanting to get to palace to find LG in epi 11 further confirmed me the possibility of it.  

I do think it's possible that Luna may come to hold the half of Mapasikjeok and give it to LG before she dies. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

1. Self sacrifice -I think the one who wears the crown, and hold’s  the sword  must sacrifice for the greater good. 

2. The evil uncle should have paid more attention to the yo yo deity child. It will be his undoing in the end. 

3. I’m a little bit hesitant to think it’s JTE in the ending of ep10. 
———It seems to be too straightforward.......

Could be a ruse...

4. I’m still open do the idea of a happy ending...I just hope the writer doesn’t give us an open ending. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but why did Prince Buyeong have the King's ring?

Is anyone planning on watching the special episode?  I'm curious if it will clarify some of the confusion people had about the drama, particularly the beginning.

• Like 7