[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

About the chance encounter in the bamboo forest being not in the present time - JTE mentioned "Ohh that's why he brought all those change" when Yeong gave her the phone. So I thought that was around real time

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Lisa_BB said:

About the chance encounter in the bamboo forest being not in the present time - JTE mentioned "Ohh that's why he brought all those change" when Yeong gave her the phone. So I thought that was around real time

damn it I forgot LOL 

Maybe she was being extra dramatic that day then

maybe she just watched CLOY, the timeline would’ve fallen around ep 14 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

Damn

I am still crying guys reading all your comments.

Yup. Its still episode 10. But they already gave us this awesome ending scene. Kudos to both actors.

KGE. Did I say already that I love her? Her sobs was infectious here. With LMH they gave us so wonderful and beautiful chemistry in scenes especially the ending scene of eps 10.

• Like 7
  • Love 7

10 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

All this talk about TE dying and am thinking, what if LG is the one who died?  What if Luna is the result of TE being trapped in KOC and seeing LG died in the past? And that's one of the things LG had to correct in the time-loop?

LG can't die. If he dies, he can't time travel. He is eternal.  The King - Eternal Monarch.:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Jaja said:

LMH here was so good

Yes he was.  Of course.   KGE, too. This is my 1st drama seeing her. She has a great showbiz future.  As the King stated "she will do a great job"

The whole cast actually is really good. Even the minor roles, they are doing well.  That's why I did not mind the highlight on SJ & JY/ES earlier.  Every major character will have his/her own time in the spotlight.  The PM may have her own later on.

Perhaps come awarding season, LMH will get his old wish to have an ensemble cast award :)

• Like 7
  • Love 6

Wow.. just yesterday I was talking about how I would be BEYOND upset if Lee Jong In died and here we are. My mouth was open the entire time because I was in shock that HE MIGHT ACTUALLY DIE like wow. And then he did. I cannot believe they killed him. I'm so upset. 

Honestly, this episode broke me. The scene where LG meets JTE at the bamboo forest by chance was sad but it was only the beginning of what was to come later on in the episode. The scene where KSJ and JTE have a heart to heart talk and she cries for him and hugs him, it was the first time I've felt that true love (in a friendship way) in a kdrama, I actually had tears. Him asking if she'd welcome him to her world really got to me. As a viewer I related to that so much, we all just want to find our place in this world. Finally, our last scene, wow. LG is so romantic and pure. He will NEVER miss out on any chance to show how much he loves and misses JTE. That kiss was so beautiful. JTE and LG crying as they kissed was so heartbreaking, like I'm just beyond shocked at what I watched today. I'm so sad.. AND then to top it off, the preview for the next episode??? It's gonna be so hard waiting for Friday. 

2 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

I am sure some people may have shared this but I am going to put it under Spoiler Alert anyway: 

Hide contents

My thoughts are in the comment for the Spoiler video.

Spoiler

Sorry to cut your post, but I was hoping someone would bring this up again. I think in next episode we can expect that JTE was kidnapped or taken to ROC by LR (to kill her or serve as a warning to LG of what LR is capable of doing) and LG finds out and comes to her rescue (LG fights off LR's guards) and LG saves JTE (from the video, it looks like she fainted, if she was dead, I'm sure the scene would look MUCH different or he'd be running, etc. Although the video is very blurry, it looks like she is wearing similar clothes to the one in the preview for ep 11. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Insightful 1

21 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

All this talk about TE dying and am thinking, what if LG is the one who died?  What if Luna is the result of TE being trapped in KOC and seeing LG died in the past? And that's one of the things LG had to correct in the time-loop?

Is that why she asked for a bill with the King's face on it? Do you think she pretended to have not met PM before? I would assume if she was JTE previously, they would've met in a previous loop. I wish we can get more episodes of her. It's true we still don't know much about Luna, and even her name was said to be borrowed from a cat.. But still I don't see how LG would've died since the savior of young LG was himself. I think that's why most people think JTE will be the one to die and we also saw some spoiler BTS of

Spoiler

LG holding an unconscious JTE... and LG seeing young JTE

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

I am sure some people may have shared this but I am going to put it under Spoiler Alert anyway: 

Reveal hidden contents

After last night's Epi 11 preview, I think this scene is when LG gets TE after he called him. I don't think this is the time for TE to die, IF she will die.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

I realized something. So LG wearing the yellow coat said that he was going to explore the in between world to find LL’s obelisk then when he came out he saw JTE crying saying is this you, is this not a dream, are you really here and she was crying super hard. I am thinking what if he accidentally travelled to the future during that time and that is why there are so many balloons in  between the world. Think about it, isn’t JTE’s reaction weird. It was as if she did not seen him for a very long time and it was as if from her side he disappeared. So what if the JTE he met at that time is future JTE, the JTE who is already suffering from LG disappearing (the early episode 1/end episode 10 LG). That is why she is asking him if he is not a dream (implying that she kept dreaming of him coming back and being disappointed that it’s just a dream). That is why she is religiously waiting in the bamboo forest (a bit ooc if it was present JTE because she is busy with Shinjae and investigating the murders) because LG disappeared and she waiting for him.

Because if it was the present JTE, her reaction does not make sense both at that scene then at the end of the episode. Because at the end of the episode, she said he took longer this time. I assume when Uncle Prince died that the LL issue is just fresh so it means late January or early February. Why would she say that he took longer this time if she just met LG january 14-23? Unless the JTE who was waiting in the forest was future JTE the one who lost LG because he seemed to disappeared because he is time traveling.

I was thinking the same thing after watching them reunite in the bamboo forest! 

I feel the scenes do jump around a bit and they don’t seem to flow or dialogue sounds a bit off... but maybe because it’s supposed to?

If LG is travelling through to different points in time, the editing and scenes being choppy is likely intentional and will be tied together by the end.

Given the many balloons that appeared in the in-between during LGs most recent trip through, either something bad must have happened (or will happen) and he is going back and forth through time to try different things to change the outcome. Or he is choosing to relive his time with JTE over and over again because that is the only way he can see her? The latter would be heartbreaking...:bawling:

The title does say “Eternal Monarch”... If LG is constantly going through the in-between in search of different gates to different places or points in time, he will also not age or age extremely slowly like LL. Each time he returns to KOC he will look more or less the same but over time, years could pass, others will visibly age but he will not.

Sorry about the rambling. Have so many thoughts in my head, had to get them out! :lol:

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

LG can't die. If he dies, he can't time travel. He is eternal.  The King - Eternal Monarch.:D

Somebody else could time travel to save him? I mean anything is possible with this writer, haha!

But then again, KES am warning you.  You have to give us a happy ending!  I am on to you - see?!

9105838b36680086c36cf535db2ee94715a59740

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

Instead of "I'm walking through the frozen moments in time", she translated it as "I just stopped time". So given that it slightly changes my interpretation of what LG meant in that VO. The way how I interpreted this scene now is that LG is saying a goodbye for quite awhile because he knows he has to find LR in the between spot. Time stops because maybe LR has now traveled back to ROK from KOC so LG is probably off to finally face him. 

Except, LG is not the type to leave JTE hanging like that. If he was indeed leaving to chase after LR, he would have let her know. It would be too cruel if he just left without saying anything and god, especially in the middle of a kiss. Instead, I think it seems like he was running out of time and he needed to say his last words to her: “I love you. I am deeply in love with you.” And when she opened her eyes and he was gone, it appears to me he vanished without choice. She literally broke down and cry. LG would never leave her like that. If he had a choice, no matter how urgent his other matters, he’d at least give her a proper goodbye. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

So what do we think about the theory that Luna is actually a time remnant of JTE?  Isn't it a little TOO convenient that she chose to steal a rabbit hoodie and show up exactly where she knew LG would be (rowing) and set off the chain of events?  I know pacing is all in the air when it comes to this show, but it's 10 episodes down and we still have nothing on Luna.  I don't know how she can be a big player in this, unless if she's JTE and we've gotten to know her all along.  She's close to the Yo-Yo kid, who's definitely a major part of all this.  They seem to have a super familiar relationship, although not close.  She gave him the jacket to keep him warm, he asks her what she's doing...they seem like they've known each other for a very long time but the kid's like, 8.  Maybe she's nuts because she's got all of the timelines going through her head, and is living it over and over? 

2 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Except, LG is not the type to leave JTE hanging like that. If he was indeed leaving to chase after LR, he would have let her know. It would be too cruel if he just left without saying anything and god, especially in the middle of a kiss. Instead, I think it seems like he was running out of time and he needed to say his last words to her: “I love you. I am deeply in love with you.” And when she opened her eyes and he was gone, it appears to me he vanished without choice. She literally broke down and cry. LG would never leave her like that. If he had a choice, no matter how urgent his other matters, he’d at least give her a proper goodbye. 

LOL that just reminds me of Heo Joon Jae.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

47 minutes ago, Lisa_BB said:

I forgot about this. When time travel was sort of proven my mind was racing hahaha Dang, maybe JTE was just being extra that day.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

So what do we think about the theory that Luna is actually a time remnant of JTE?  Isn't it a little TOO convenient that she chose to steal a rabbit hoodie and show up exactly where she knew LG would be (rowing) and set off the chain of events?  I know pacing is all in the air when it comes to this show, but it's 10 episodes down and we still have nothing on Luna.  I don't know how she can be a big player in this, unless if she's JTE and we've gotten to know her all along.  She's close to the Yo-Yo kid, who's definitely a major part of all this.  They seem to have a super familiar relationship, although not close.  She gave him the jacket to keep him warm, he asks her what she's doing...they seem like they've known each other for a very long time but the kid's like, 8.  Maybe she's nuts because she's got all of the timelines going through her head, and is living it over and over? 

OMG maybe she is really JTE. She seem to be soft towards children and just going against the bad guys. And she has no history. Maybe she exists and is protected by the yoyo kid as his chess piece/pawn. Hmmm

My mind is going through all this loops thank to this drama. I feel like I watching Doctor Who again because of all the time travel shenanigans.

• Like 7

LMH looks so happy in IG update.. I'm glad they are enjoying filming bc it's been more than six months and they are still filming even though it's just a 16 episode drama. 

• Like 12

@syntyche - Thank you for sharing his latest IG update, Chingu! He needed lots of ice cream after so many emotional and HOT scenes! :lol: And now at least he gets a chance to FINISH EATING the food!!! Shucks ... I am so craving for Korean fried chicken and the rice cakes that SJ & TE were eating!! Oh, and the kimchee of course! :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1