[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

9 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

It stil isn't my country and everyone watches first day other sites , they really miss to so many viewers I guess Netflix will air after finish

It has not enter in most European countries but once it dose it will gain numbers from these markets adding on the stats. It has gained from other territories. If it keeps on topping charts on netflix for the next 4 weeks the possibility increases on TKEM's favor 

• Like 4

I think this comment summarize Korean viewers main problem (from Teaser video)  "I think it will be more fun next week .So I'm looking forward to it.Expected content is difficult and I do not understand, content is diffucult, it isn't drama's problem." yes they can't understand this is main problem ,so let's enjoy ,so many drama fan love it from abroad .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 1:53 AM, mrsj3n said:

As for the kiss, I don't find it awkward. 

The King saw his chance and seized it quickly! Lol

He sure has no boundaries or walls build up when he is around JTE.

I like it. It feels like he is living like a normal person without the weight of a King on his shoulders.

Guess that is why he is smitten with JTE at first sight!

Same here. How it supposed to be then if this one called as awkward. Lol. It was the sweetest first kiss they have. I mean it would be quite weird to see them passionately kiss in that moment. Lol. 

You know he is a science person and I think he just follows Newton's third law where every action, there is an equal and opposite reactions. JTE's sudden accusation of him never being dated and that she is his first date ever was properly replied with that kiss to seal the deal. :lol:

On 5/2/2020 at 1:53 AM, mrsj3n said:

And our dear JTE, she reacted to the kiss only a day AFTER. LOL

Since our dearly detective is a liberal art student so she needs sometime to analyze what she really feels but you see once she does, she never beat around the bush and tells it very clearly to him as how she blatantly said "Saranghae" in the recent episode. Even after she knows the consequences of loving him, she bravely crossed the line and put away the unseen barrier among them all this time. That is such a great chemistry releases from these two just by that. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Wis dom said:

It has not enter in most European countries but once it dose it will gain numbers from these markets adding up to the stats. It has gained from other territories. If it keeps on topping charts on netflix for the next 4 weeks the prospect of this coming into reality becomes more certain and the possibility increases on TKEM's favor 

yes and there are Korean actors split it half, LMH and others :lol:  Even my nephew ( 10 years old)  loves him:lol: 

• LOL 4

37 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

yes and there are Korean actors split it half, LMH and others :lol:  Even my nephew ( 10 years old)  loves him:lol: 

Do you watch with you nephew that is cute.  I think for me may or june it will on my netflix but I have Express VPN so I can lock into almost all libraries 

• Like 2

I unapologetically SHIP THIS! I didn’t even know this pairing could be a thing but Jo Yeong, the reserved and ever calm Captain of the Royal Guards who keeps everyone at arm’s length, gets all flustered and shook and spechless by someone else than Lee Gon and doesn’t even try to shoot her or hit her, not even threaten her with death. When he brushes the cheek where she touched him in utter shock and disbelief, I swooned!  Yeong, who shoots first and asks questions later, is rendered helpless by someone else’s touch! 

6e4b15bfd074c8782e7dd8100208cfadd3ce3934

Spoiler

2a77e074891e100d87dd381a616fbeed25d05f0f2344d468d0f9f11d391ca3936cb8f8a8804971f4f66c3299b69e634f1645fb3a86a4705599eda72defadb7263eca8d78a72ede3dfe8c2149350607e28b3a2008f049d485ca7820d7e22eb28f0f757281e678f67f672327b09c4c9e6f1c10b005c43a4501

Spoiler

56fa1802712ed5bc57b038fb68b9c579f9a999592e73874ea4d99f8e4d9a16694718cb90f5d31e918c559a5e51c9a36976e3d0051a15e949289a7348

f6a0dae35a051c1edd3e747d819f5903b2d04149

The next moment he runs to Eun Sup and to learn more about her like an eager boy, basically waxing lyrical about her, it’s no math-inspired love poetry but still. And when he learns that ES has a crush on her, he looks utterly devastated.

Spoiler

16399d37711212a700853994dacab848b0048f8f610d2583b3dc0c28dfb1782dd9a14a51e7593478c71f87975379226b2194fd4c4de4e22ec7e82571

09b36b8fade4e392295951ac380d63d94b9b8293

Narratively, it works so well. It seems he and Gon share the same taste in potential girlfriends - tiny, fearless and tough women who hit them and bicker with them. The BBFS who are suckers for punishment and fall for women from another universe. After giving Lee Gon so much slack for falling for Tae Eul, it would feel right if Yeong would fall for someone not only from another world but with TE’s best friend. 

He didn’t behave like this with Seung Ah. Though, I’m afraid whether Na Ri doesn’t serve as a means for Yeong to realize he likes Seung Ah because I don’t get why else they would use the flashback of SA when he was describing NR. I only hope he isn’t projecting his hidden feelings for SA on NR because I felt such a crazy School 2015: Who Are You deja vu in that moment. But since he mentions her driving a sportscar, he should be talking about NR.

This ship is probably going to sink faster than Titanic but, frankly, I don’t give a damn and will happily go down with it.

• Like 11
  • LOL 11

39 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

It has not enter in most European countries but once it dose it will gain numbers from these markets adding on the stats. It has gained from other territories. If it keeps on topping charts on netflix for the next 4 weeks the possibility increases on TKEM's favor 

But many people (me included) will have already watched it somewhere else, by then... :mellow: I have a Netflix subscription, but I don't want to wait that much. In June I'll give the series a "thumb up" on the platform. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

But many people (me included) will have already watched it somewhere else, by then... :mellow: I have a Netflix subscription, but I don't want to wait that much. In June I'll give the series a "thumb up" on the platform. 

You can always rewatch it but generally is for these who haven't seen it so typically it finds audience with them

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

Do you watch with you nephew that is cute. When will it enter turkish netflix for you do you know that. I think for me may or june

She watched last year BOF and Heirs and she asked me how download drama and OST she love Heirst OST so much 

I guess it will enter Netflix after drama finish because Hi little Mama entered

22 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

yes mostly fans are watching now but then other people will watch it but unfortunately they are missing so many viewers now 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, briseis said:

Narratively, it works so well. It seems he and Gon share the same taste in potential girlfriends - tiny, fearless and tough women who hit them and bicker with them. The BBFS who are suckers for punishment and fall for women from another universe. After giving Lee Gon so much slack for falling for Tae Eul, it would feel right if Yeong would fall for someone not only from another world but with TE’s best friend.

Yes I know, because for one simple reason even a KING and ROYAL Guard crave some normalcy, they fell for women who did not see/know their STATUS. Fantasy version of Hero hiding his Chaebol Status in Kdrama world.

This JY-NARI-ES-SA is a quardangle I never knew I needed.Count me as a Hard Shipper as well. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I think we will not see LG dopple, cause the buddaejigae owner or one of the ex palace guard who worked with LR, he spontaneously almost said your majesty when he saw LG and JY sat in his resto. The reason is he has known what adult LG face, so that he was so surprised when saw LG.

The next interesting moment may be when PM Koo will meet her ex SIL dopple’s (the pregnant lady who accidentally bumped into TE in the care facility. She hold 2G phone while listening the news related to PM Koo. PM Koo is in danger now, because LR has visited her mother, she was sent two same newspaper from ROK with the photo of her dopple, and the last one is the pregnant lady who will be replacing her ex SIL who still married with one of KU son. Remember Koo was married with the second son of KU company?

• Like 5

Wait wait. I was gone for like 2 days 50 pages went by now I gotta re-read it nah I will do that next week as I don't wanna break my back backtracking this thread. Aside from that my oh my. Lee Gon-Tae Eul getting all skinship I see. I am loving that. Just watched both episodes. looking forward to episode 9 as the skinship will increase from what I saw from the teaser

Going all emotional here and cloud level this is the build up to more hopefully :lol:

8875e57fe6d63787e0a9a8f72f9b45a97cf93808

I swear there is some sexual tension between them and I can sense that 

X7Y1mc.gif&key=aeb773c13846af02bd6257922

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Okay since many post discussed, I'd like to add my two cents a bit, some of K viewers are having hard time to adjust with the story while most of overseas audiences like us discussed this lots more than our work or subjects at school. Even with some slightly different language we follow the story well and create tons of theories and all. I'm learning Korean through kdramas and movies. I've got lots of vocabularies and some simple conversation I can easily understand without any subtitles. This is the least advantage I can get even with my limited Korean knowledge. IF I were Korean or master the language well then watching this would be much easier and it's faster for me to understand everything properly. 

Did you notice something quite familiar here? It's a reverse scene like we're living in parallel world like in the drama. Lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

29 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Okay since many post discussed, I'd like to add my two cents a bit, some of K viewers are having hard time to adjust with the story while most of overseas audiences like us discussed this lots more than our work or subjects at school. Even with some slightly different language we follow the story well and create tons of theories and all. I'm learning Korean through kdramas and movies. I've got lots of vocabularies and some simple conversation I can easily understand without any subtitles. This is the least advantage I can get even with my limited Korean knowledge. IF I were Korean or master the language well then watching this would be much easier and it's faster for me to understand everything properly. 

Did you notice something quite familiar here? It's a reverse scene like we're living in parallel world like in the drama. Lol

I have never tried to learn korean but all I know is two words. I couldn't avoid them as I heard them everywhere in Drama or Movie unavoidable words.

Ssi-bal and gae-sae-kki I can also pronounce them correct. It's not just said with mere words but it comes with an expression of emotion and attitude.

Something like this yaaaa yaaa qae-sae-kki'yaa!! (Translation it means Son of a Bixtch) and Ssi-bal means (FUK):joy: 

I know I am a lost cause since only catching these two words but seriously couldn't avoid them as they were unavoidable and if you ever watch a Ma-Dong seok movie and do drink chellenge everytime he says that word you could get alcohol hopitalized :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Since Shinjae remembered he was from KoC, the possibility that Yeong and ES being switched might be true right? Or should the other be dead before getting switched? New here, I've been reading the thread after ep2 though not much.

We've been watching through Netflix since the pandemic/quarantine started here (March) and I don't know if my brother knows TKEM or he has just casually seen the search list 4 weeks ago/the first episode. I don't know much abt TKEM, so when I heard it deals abt parallel universe I thought there is only 2 things~ the King's would be dilemma, stay on RoK with TE or back in his Kingdom. But oh its complicated. 

I only have back read 2 pages so there is just these things I've thoughts on.

* "I love you" scene~ TE already knew that her cases is as complicated and interrelated with LG/kingdom so already confessed so that if things got worse atleast she is already prepared for the worse

* JY and JES~ switched or not, I think one or the other might sacrifice for LG and or JTE~ or Luna for JTE.

actually, I don't have much theories like the others so that's just that.

I also remembered Jet Li's movie The One. The villain killed all his counterparts in other universe cause he wants to be the only one, til there was two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2