[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Hello everyone one. I hope that you’re all well. Cause I sure as hell am not.  :bawling:

The rollercoaster ride this drama has provided us thus far is definitely one helluva ride....and I am SO addicted to this ride. 

KES is a savage...with bringing out every emotion that you can possibly think of.  She does it like no other BOSS can. She’s brilliant!!! :wub:

In the 10th...KGE reeled me in so effectively. Much like Goblin...I was bawling as my heart ached right along with her.  Why are seemingly doomed relationships so enjoyable and exciting to witness? Or maybe it’s just me??? :phew:

All in all, another gripping episode.  Friday next week seems like a lifetime away. Where’s that magical obelisk when you need it??

• Like 6
  • Love 6

so many sad things happened in tonight’s ep: -eunsob got shot by leerim’s squad -prince buyeong was killed by leerim -taeeul cried two times -leegon said saranghae to taeeul and he’s gone

“Most things that seem like coincidences are actually meant to be, and anything that was meant to be is called destiny.” -Lee Lim (#TheKingEternalMonarch S1E10)

img.gif

c as labeled/DC

me after tonite ep. 

f0090019fea12a4499b9c163166f85d8fda024a2.gifv

0dd8ada5159d6a251cc9c56a0e527d6b4fd9ab0a.gifv

Spoiler

YuguQkC.gif

• Like 9
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

9 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

Crash Landing on You had great ratings to be fair. And so did Itaewon Class which also released on netflix. I think it's based on that

Spoiler

CLOY and Itaewon Class have RE-WATCH Count up their sleeve and still above 40,

TKEM is ongoing and in TOP 20, not fair to compare on either basis. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

The next 6 episodes will be nice. 

Wait.. What???

giphy.gif

It has suddenly dawned on me that we have 6 episodes left before we say goodbye to our LG and JTE!!!!

I'm sad.

I should try to sleep and not think about JTE crying or the ending or the preview.

Goodnight everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2

I dig how the court officer is always ready to ship her king with whoever he loves and  support his secret trysts and romantics getaways, even if they are a logistical nightmare for her which will one day lead her to an early grave.

LXA1lPV.jpg

Spoiler

2a759d9066c2a3d9b8d74945f171905275a987e1

Also the fact, the despite her wild imagination, Lee Gon always manages to shock her with the stories about his love life.

0207e2e586b834f63418ed8ff6bde3ae0d3ede69

Well, suffice to say, he is in one hell of a long distance relationship.

93a4ac5cb094f920639eaf536abad03ffb9dbb3b

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

15 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

Spoiler

Itaewon Class and Cloy are placed in No.30 and No.31 run time ended sometime ago not bad by all means. TKEM is No. 19 and half way it's airing date which means it's coming up fast and ranked at number 9 worldwide this week. 

TKEM is only 4 weeks old and moving fast up the ranking. TKEM target is top 10 which is on sight and realistic target 

To think TKEM is not airing in some countries for some reason. Imagine if it will air, more viewers. Yehey. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

7 minutes ago, madmad min said:

It's Near to the KING's Palace in Busan from what I understood in sub-text and from what Google told me.

Reveal hidden contents

Haeundae is an affluent beach front community that attracts tens of thousands of tourists during summer. It has been subject to considerable commercial development in recent decades. The beach is linked to Busan Subway Line 2 and train stations on the Donghae Nambu railway line.

Ahh I see that makes sense. He went there to not make the palace vulnerable from attack. 

-------

On the other hand, I like the time loop theory that several of you have mentioned.

The last scene of ep 10 Lee Gon is wearing the same clothes as the one in the first scene in ep1 when Lee Lim is narrating and talking about the flute and we see LG in front of the portal.

GaBpria.jpg

(ep 10)

ctsrF8v.jpg

(ep1)

• Like 14

Hi all

Love reading and following this forum and decided to become a participant in the discussions. =D

Anyway, after watching today's episode, I was quite annoyed with the choppy scene and wondered why the editing is kinda messed up. 

While discussing, my friend pointed out that maybe the director was taking an artistic approach by organizing the scene like we are time traveling. That's when I realized from episode 3 onward, the beginning scene have been starting with a past happening before it arrived where it last stopped in the previous episode. I am aware the Koreans have been complaining about this drama and I kinda felt the director could do a better job with this drama. As in, the writing, plot and cast are doing an amazing job, so this drama would have been perfect if not for the editing. I really hope the editing is intentional to align itself with the essence of time travelling. Maybe they are showing the special episode on Sunday with the correct sequence? haha :lol: 

What do you all think?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

8 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

Oh as in, I'm talking about the ratings recorded for each episode when they aired? Both did very well 

I think Netflix Data is Solely based on NETFLIX's platform not on Channel rating. That is if you are talking about Channel Rating :). Netflix data that we are watching now is based on lets say Netflix watch count ( ala netflix rating), s

Spoiler

So as per that census Cloy and ITC is still being re-watched (From Last year till date)

hence TKEM is not the most but Definitely One of the MOST Watched SK Dramas.  (Since April 2020) :D

• Like 8
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

One liner post:

LG is crying while kissing her! My heart is melting with the tears.

That was bittersweet.  

Did you notice his tear fall down to his nose and maybe into KGE’S mouth? YIKES!!  just a random observation and thoughts. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

@yuiy78 @vangsweetie637 see, those chickens are back! I always wonder why won't they eat them all. They just stop after one bite. Oh cmon, they're teasing us! I'm craving for that crunchy munchies. 

@Dramafreak Have you done watching? Hope you did so when you read this reply, I think JY stated something that makes us wonder here, why would TE come with LG. Like you suggest, she can travel back and forth, thinking she's just travelling to nearby countries. They can meet on every weekend and holidays. Lol

But let's see, we haven't heard her answer fully. So next episode we might hear it. You see they tend to this style of editing, the ending of what we see today, how LR could end up meeting PB that easy and killed him. That promise between him and LG is making me more sad after he's really killed like that. LG lose his family again. Poor king, he needs TE beside him. Is this why she goes to him???

Okay, I'm really off now. :P

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

44 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Ok, am a bit calmer now...  I think the LG we see at the end is him from the future where TE has already died. He probably went back in time to see her again. He said he came from a far away place & even crossed the universe and had to travel through the moments frozen in time. And he also was crying, giving me the impression it was a goodbye kiss on his side. The only way he could have disappeared like that without her noticing it is either time stood still. If it is time travelling, there must be some sort of rule or time limit for LG to stay. Just like that novel turned movie "Time Traveller's Wife".

WRT to the preview?  TE  definitely is in Corea on her own.  Does not look like she is anywhere near the bamboo portal and since she is calling LG, she did not travel with him.  Was she kidnapped by LR? And in the process of escaping, shot someone?

This week will be PURE torture waiting for epi 11-12

As a final thought - with all these major hints of a tragic conclusion or that they can never be together (that talk with JY is another major red flag), am still holding on hope for a happy ending. I did not see Goblin or Mr Sunshine so I have no experience with what others refer to KES' penchant for a sad ending. Cos to be on a never-ending time loop?  That's is not only heart breaking.  It is simply cruel.  Come on KES, give us some redemption.

LG will find a wrinkle in the fabric of time.  He will find a way!

I’m hoping for a happy ending as well or something acceptable.  Otherwise, I swear, I’m going to fight KES. :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, LorenHaze said:

I’m hoping for a happy ending as well or something acceptable.  Otherwise, I swear, I’m going to fight KES. :ph34r:

I am also praying for a happy ending tho I think there will be alot of struggle in the coming episodes hope not one of our leads die

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Also realized: someone earlier wrote a really good text about the Prince's and LG's discussion about Faith. To fight it, or simply accept it i.e. go there. The latter is what the Prince asks LG to do. 

Pretty sure that future/savior LG leaves the ID badge to his past self so that he will meet JTE. He accepts his fate, that he will fall in love with her but that they will be separated. He will make himself - 'go there'/meet his faith (as the Prince put it about faith). It is a sad faith, but he chooses it. I don't think JTE will die in the drama, or if she dies LG will save her and by doing that set the time line right - but that will also separate them (perhaps by closing the gates). In the last scene I believe LG is saying goodbye to her because from his perspective they won't meet again. I don't believe he is saying goodbye because she dies. 

"I never even gave you a single flower" - LG to JTE

Seems to indicate that from this LG's point of view they do not have a future/are separated - I would guess because the gates are closed/closing

Agrh I really want the ending to be happy but the all the conversations about faith worry me a lot :tears:

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, LorenHaze said:

I have become KGE fan while watching this series. I absolutely won't accept her demise 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

So what many have pointed out is that the LG from episode 10 could be the one we saw in episode 1. Is that right? I remember thinking in episode 4 "Ohh, I think I know which way this is heading" but now I have no idea :lol:

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I am also praying for a happy ending tho I think there will be alot of struggle in the coming episodes hope not one of our leads die

I feel that with the ability to time travel, someone we love will die. LG, JTE & the audience have not been tortured enough.  lol. 

However, it’ll all fall into place with the result being...a happy ending. *crossing my fingers*

Either way, we all need to prepare ourselves.  

• Like 12