[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

OSEN | 2020. 05. 09. 2:11 AM

"The King: Eternal Monarch": Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun cooperate, Luna appears

DFE8D471-4805-4B82-B573-07F19E7E5B4B.jpg

Couple Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun of the drama ''The King: Eternal Monarch'' began investigating the crack between the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea to confront Lee Jung Jin - who opened the gate to another dimension.

Episode 7 of the Fri-Sat drama ''The King: Eternal Monarch'' (SBS, Scriptwriter: Kim Eun Sook, Director: Baek Sang Hoon, Jung Ji Hyun) aired on May 8 has scored the viewership rating of... % for part 1 and ....% for part 2 and ...% among audiences aged from 20 to 49. The rating of episode 7 peaked at ...%, helping it earn No.1 among other dramas aired in the same time slot. (Nielsen Korea, metropolitan area).

In this broadcast, Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho) worked with the police officer Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun) of the Republic of Korea after realizing that Lee Rim (played by Lee Jung Jin) - who opened the space door - was still alive. Thinking that Jung Tae Eul is the criminal in Luna Korean Empire, Jo Young (played by Woo Do Hwan) has tried to stop Lee Gon - who was about to go to the parallel world - in a bamboo forest. After hearing Jo Young's words, Lee Gon realized that there was a person in the Korean Empire who had a face look like Jung Tae Eul. To convince Jo Young - who no longer had any faith in the parallel world - Lee Gon led Jo Young to Korea directly. Therefore, there was also an unprecedented situation that was the meeting between Jo Young of the Korean Empire and Jo Eun Seop of the Republic of Korea. In addition, Jo Young also confirmed that Jung Tae Eul is not Luna through a photo at her Taekwondo training ground.

Jung Tae Eul feared that troubles would come if Jo Eun Seop and Jo Young went out to eat, she let the two take turns to go out during the day and at night. Afterward, Jung Tae Eul and Lee Hon expressed their longing for the other one. Jung Tae Eul surprised Lee Gon when mentioning "The northern region" and "K Stadium" that she heard from the evidence of the Lee Sang Do case. The two listened to the recording to check the fact. After Jung Tae Eul said, "We can't let the two worlds get mixed up like this. They're supposed to go on their respective time" and expressed her determination to investigate, Lee Gon said, "So tell me all information you know. This is an investigation only two of us can do", thereby signaling cooperation for investigation between the King of the Great Korean Empire and the police officer of the Republic of Korea.

After handing over a copy of the autopsy result and fingerprint confirmation paper of Lee Rim to Jung Tae Eul, Lee Gon said that if Lee Rim was alive, he would be 69 years old now while asking her to find the person whose fingerprint, blood type, age match Lee Rim's as well as his tracks in 24 past years. Jung Tae Eul thought that there would be the one identical to Lee Rim in the Republic of Korea and asked Lee Gon, "I really don't exist in your world, do I?" But he just showed an incomprehensible suspicious expression.

After that, Jung Tae Eul went to a person named Lee Sung Jae whose fingerprints match with the confirmation paper Lee Gon handed her. This person died 24 years ago at Yangseon Nursing Home. She also confirmed that this person had the age and blood type similar to the information in Lee Rim's autopsy result and he also had congenital paralysis. In addition, she was shocked when discovering that Lee Sung Jae's grandson Lee Ji Hoon, who also died from a fall, has the same face as Lee Gon in childhood.

At that moment, Lee Gon told Jo Young that the traitor Lee Rim might still be living in the Republic of Korea and asked Jo Young for help. To convince Jo Young, Lee Gon said, "In our world, I have everything, from title to people to kill Lee Rim. But in this world, I only have you." Lee Gon has experienced time stop three times. After images of the Manpashikjeok flute, Lee Rim, bamboo forest, etc. came across his mind, Lee Gon realized that time always stopped every time Lee Rim crossed the parallel world. Lee Gon made Jo Young believe in the truth that time was stopped by stuffing the sticky note with the words, "Has that been proven?" in Jo Young's pocket when time was stopped. Then, Lee Gon said that if Lee Rim got half of the Manpashikjeok flute, he would become the only person who can open the portal connecting the two worlds and this could mean the end of the Korean Empire. And Lee Gon decisively gave the order, "You have to kill him as soon as you see him. This is the king's order."

Jung Tae Eul looked at the ID card given by Lee Gon and recalled his saying, "I'm going to say it after confirmation. Maybe there will be someone with the same face as you in my world." Jung Tae Eul began to wonder about the suspicious rift of the parallel worlds and thought, "The parallel worlds. The same face. The same police card. The same ID card. The balance. Where has my new ID card gone? Who is holding the balance, after all?"

The image of Goo Seo Ryeong (played by Jung Eun Chae) meeting Luna, who is identical to Jung Tae Eul, maximized the feeling of tension. After learning that the fingerprints of the "suspicious guest of the royal and Luna who had a criminal record" were matched, Goo Seo Ryeong thought Jung Tae Eul was the girl who had a police record and went to place where Luna had been released. When hearing Goo Seo Ryeong saying, "It's good to see you again. We've met each other before," Luna was startled and dropped the cigarette, but then immediately showed a rebellious attitude different from Jung Tae Eul, "This is my last cigarette. What are you going to do?", which led to a reverse ending giving audiences goosebumps.

[OSEN = Reporter Kang Seo Jung] /kangsj@osen.co.kr
[Photo] Screenshot of ''The King: Eternal Monarch'' broadcast
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

———

OSEN | 2020. 05. 09. 2:11 AM

Kim Go Eun perfectly transforms between good and evil in "The King: Eternal Monarch"

5889EE0D-DB2E-49B5-B810-C20C03AFD704.jpg

In the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch", Kim Go Eun will make a bold transformation with her role as Luna, a Korean Empire criminal and also another version in the parallel world of police officer Jung Tae Eul of the Republic of Korea.

The Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS, screenwriter: Kim Eun Sook, directors: Baek Sang Hoon, Jung Ji Hyun) is about the fantasy romance between two parallel worlds of Lee Gon - Korean Empire's emperor who is trying to close the space door - and Jung Tae Eul - a passionate Korean police official of the Republic of Korea who always tries to protect lives, people and love of others.

In episode 7, to prevent Lee Rim (played by Lee Jung Jin) - Korean Empire's traitor who was moving to the parallel world with half of the Manpasikjeok, Lee Gon along with Jo Young (played by Woo Do Hwan) went to the Republic of Korea and teamed up with Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun). As a result of this, the encounter between Jo Young from the Korean Empire and Jo Eun Seop from the Republic of Korea - two people with identical faces - happened, thereby showing the coexistence of characters in both worlds. Along with that, Luna - a Korean Empire criminal who looks like Jung Tae Eul - first appeared, bringing a shocking ending to the episode.

In particular, this is the first time Kim Go Eun has challenged herself with a two-person role. After Jung Tae Eul of the Republic of Korea, she is continuing to overwhelm all eyes with her perfect transformation to Luna, a Korean Empire criminal. Although Luna has the same face as Jung Tae Eul, her other characteristics including the impoverished face, disheveled hair, outspoken words and actions are a 180-degree difference. In addition, she is also a criminal who wanders the streets without a house or identity. 

The drama's episode 7 revealed the image of Kim Go Eun with dark charisma when transforming into criminal Luna. In the drama, Luna was released from prison and once again committed a crime in the Korean Empire. Dressing in an all-black outfit with a pale expressionless expression, Luna made the audience goosebumps when assaulting as if there are no blood and tear in her. This appearance is completely opposite to the fresh and righteous police Jung Tae Eul of the Republic of Korea. While Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul learned the existence of a person with the same face with Jung Tae Eul in Korean Empire, Prime Minister Goo Seo Ryeong (played by Jung Eun Chae) of Korean Empire met Luna first, thereby making the public more curious about the chaos which seems to be even more intense in the future.

Kim Go Eun's "The strong temperament of Korean Empire criminal Luna" scene was shot in April at a coffee shop in Hwaseong City, Gyeonggi Province, and an alley in Osan, Gyeonggi Province. It is known that Kim Go Eun was a bit nervous before the filming of her first two-person role as Luna. She had been actively studying and agonizing to portray her character Luna, who is completely different from Jung Tae Eul. Through a serious conversation with the production team, the actress captured the tone of Luna and immersed herself in the character's emotions. Shortly after, Kim Go Eun swiftly took control of the scene when fully expressing Luna's dark mood through her eyes, facial expressions, changed words.

Production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said, "This is her first challenge in a two-person role, but Kim Go Eun perfectly portrayed the police Jung Tae Eul of the Republic of Korea and criminal Luna of the Empire of Korea - 2 different people in everything, except for their faces. Hopefully, everyone will pay more attention to the process of the character Luna increasing the sharp balance between the two parallel worlds in episode 8 broadcast today."

[OSEN = Reporter Kang Seo Jung] /kangsj@osen.co.kr
[Photo] Provided by Hwa&Dam Pictures
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 7

I believe that one reason among others why Lee Rim will fail again is his attitude towards children. Since they are so small and look so innocent, he doesn't perceive them as a source of thread.

1. That's the reason why he didn't expect Lee Gon to take the sword and cut the flute. He described Lee Gon as powerless.
  2. And notice that it was a child who let JTE drop her ID and the same child was in front of the book shop, when the spy (tea lady) came to give some news. We don't know much about this child but he could play a bigger role.
  3. Then we have that incident with the twins: a scar appeared on Lee rim's face and the man didn't even try to hide it. So the boy saw that he was different.
  4. Moreover we have SJ who got switched from MOC to ROK as a child. In my opinion, his biological mother must have sent him away. My theory is that the doppelganger must have been very ill and even died. The mother wanted him to live a better life (remember that the family was supposed to be wealthy first)... and the person following SJ could be taking pictures in order to let the mother know that her son is doing well. And here again, Lee Rim won't expect a danger coming from him as he was sent there as a child. 
  5. Now, we have to wonder if the Prime Minister will follow her mother's lead, since the latter seems to have helped Lee Rim a lot.

@YongZura⁷ @ktcjdrama @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @Dramafreak @Ameera Ali

• Like 9
  • Insightful 9

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

The first half of ep 7 was a huge flashback of what happened before the hug at the end of 6. I was so miffed. They could have told it in chronological order, show them investigating, Taeul remembering Gon and then sees him at her driveway...that way the hug between Gon and Taeul would have more emotional depth. Instead of shoving it abruptly at ep 6 ending. Sigh.

2 hours ago, Jad068 said:

I think the reason why the 1st half of every episode is a flashback is because this was originally conceptualized for tvn so that means around 30 mins cut. I think they insert the lost 30 mins into the next episode as flashback. Just my two cents.

2 hours ago, madmad min said:

I think I am of the very few people who does not get Confused watchng this show in terms of dialoges , but yes I do need reference to dopplegangers. The thing is in most if not all the K dramas I see the next episode does not really kick start from the point where they left it on last episode, it has some builduo then they get to the actual point in next episode.

The show editing is being questioned because editors are getting confused in what kind of chronology will it please the audience.

Well, if people aren't fans of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-glass, then they won't like The King.  But since we know that the show references Alice, we can get the hang of everything in reverse.  The very first scene is in the future, and we're moving toward that.  "One of the key motifs of Through the Looking-Glass is that of mirrors, including the use of opposites, time running backwards, and so on"  source  That motif is the reason for the chronology.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Moreover we have SJ who got switched from MOC to ROK as a child. In my opinion, his biological mother must have sent him away. My theory is that the doppelganger must have been very ill and even died. The mother wanted him to live a better life (remember that the family was supposed to be wealthy first)... and the person following SJ could be taking pictures in order to let the mother know that her son is doing well. And here again, Lee Rim won't expect a danger coming from him as he was sent there as a child. 

At the back of my mind....  the biological mother of SJ is the one working at the palace.  She might be threatened somehow so she had to work there as a spy for LR.  While the mother who's in Korea is the one who lost her real son thus involved in gambling as an escapism. 

** Well one of those days.... :ph34r: 

* going to have my dinner first before the next episode for this week.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Moreover we have SJ who got switched from MOC to ROK as a child. In my opinion, his biological mother must have sent him away. My theory is that the doppelganger must have been very ill and even died. The mother wanted him to live a better life (remember that the family was supposed to be wealthy first)... and the person following SJ could be taking pictures in order to let the mother know that her son is doing well. And here again, Lee Rim won't expect a danger coming from him as he was sent there as a child. 

@bebebisous33 I'd like to differ here in some respect. SJ was the sicker one and LR killed the original ROK doppleganger of SJ instead of Ji Hun(LG's doppleganger) and sent ROK SJ's mother in KOC as Tea lady. Ji Hun is alive and Ji Hun's mother in ROK is being played due to that. SJ as a kid knew Ji Hun that's why he recognized the face from the place he visits today.

Point being either of the doppleganger doesnt exist maybe SJ or LG, But that needs to be seen.

My 2 bets on SJ does not have a doppleganger as he is no more or was never born?(Why I say this cuz, if the family architecture is same then in KOC there is no twin sibling for JY but for Eunsop in ROK there are)

@1ouise

I have no issue with either Chronolgy,I understood both the points at one go. I for one played the Hatter in my school theatre so love Alice in Wonderland and did point out initially TKEM and Luna bearing resemblance with Looking through the glass as per someone theory. As I said before TKEM Fine Wine not everyone's cup of Tea.I for one love this Tea.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jaja said:

I know right? these people don't discuss anything at all about story but come here every week to discuss about ratings like their livelihood is dependent on tkem's success.. I'm pretty sure they are not even watching this drama but come here just to give us lectures on how ratings work. 

personally, i don't think the beginning and end of TKEM rests with ratings. i agree that it is important but it should not be used as the sole basis of the show's success. TKEM has SO MUCH MORE to narrate and offer. how do i know? just look at this thread. imagine, we have only seen 7 episodes and yet this thread has already reached 210 pages and counting. look at the discussion going on in this thread. you don't only see pictures, videos and TKEM articles here. rather, you see that the chingus are thinking, researching, analyzing and TKEM encourages you to look at and for the clues throughout episodes 1-7. as an example of a clue, the opening credits is a clue neatly placed by the creators of TKEM before the show starts.

so please, to the bashers of TKEM, enough with the ratings thing. let us just enjoy the show for what it is. if one doesn't like the story of TKEM, then don't watch it. plain and simple. anyway, to each his own.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

5 hours ago, scrawford said:

Can someone elaborate on what Lg said to JTE while they are discussing the case in jte room? I feel like the Netflix ah isn’t doing a good job. Seems like LG is also giving JTE a condition, but I read everywhere it seems to be realy deep and I’m not getting it. 

Please help. I want to feel every ounce from these two :)

Your question is quite general.  Has anyone answered it yet?  Maybe you can copy the translation so that we could understand which part that was not clear for you.

• Like 3

I don't really trust KES with endings (though I agreed with Mr Sunshine's and I was kinda ok with Goblin's), but I really, really hope this has a happy one. It's bad enough that they are in a long-distance relationship of sorts... :confounded:

• Like 3

The absolute devastation on Yeong’s face when he learns that Lee Gon named someone else as his Unbreakable Sword! You can literally see his heart shatter in that moment. For Yeong, it must feel as if Gon’s cheating on him with Eun Sup. The boy needs a hug but seeing how he threatens everyone who offers, maybe not.

778abd51fe2b076093b2127ff1b9f8ca55a6bbec

Spoiler

8e9721fb73921e337959786fad6c41f6b6a9989d

This episode with the revelation that Yeong is an only child with divorced parents made me finally realize that he is even more guarded than Lee Gon. And that Gon is the only person who has the power to emotionally hurt him because Yeong cares so much for him and would do literally anything Gon would ask of him no matter how much it would cost or hurt him.

a6ea12c4e5d263b9c902e96b6d8b6edfaf0a3c32be6f0c7ebc18778a6622bbdd360aaa5e6ac5f49c

Spoiler

c1a05a79e84717520f6b1b7c774f11a721eb3ae46c4f47e19e2f1c78566fe24e072039d7a21c2f54

With just one sentence Gon can throw Yeong into a pit of despair and with another heal him and make everything OK within a mere minute.

Spoiler

f37b8f6e043e81e1c2ab2f148d802704f1facb5639e39427179d14844a173d0f24ecc1867decd4f3590ecf157014169ac7887966627edf98da177708b5f66600a57cc9196210a359e7309ffd2e1b5959

• Like 10
  • Love 7

25 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Can someone elaborate on what Lg said to JTE while they are discussing the case in jte room? I feel like the Netflix ah isn’t doing a good job. Seems like LG is also giving JTE a condition, but I read everywhere it seems to be realy deep and I’m not getting it. 

Please help. I want to feel every ounce from these two @scrawford

LG tells JTE that you asked me to follow 17 conditions but I only have 2 for you.

1. Don't ask me to leave as you please.

2. Don't ask me to stay as you please.

LG being so open with his affection and visibly falling in Love with JTE for him to quote this condition is very profound since he does know there is a possobilty in near future they were never meet or can never be together. We can see it as a hint because in episode 7 he realises that by chasing JTE , she ultimately developed feelings for him BUT because LR is alive and he has already started creating chaos, JTE's life is in danger because of their developing closeness.

And Also he does confess to JY that LR has been upto something and if the BAMBOO forest PORTAL between 0-1 is not closed ( he also thinks it during one scene either when the time stopped when he was with JY or when Luna made him listen to news recording from KOC) neither JY nor LG will exist in either of the worlds.

LG has decided to close the portal else LR will destroy the worlds but for one he cannot let go of JTE as of now.But asks her to not dissolve his decision when the ACTUAL TIME COMES FOR HIM TO LEAVE because of the Love they have for each other. Hence the Deep meaning.

@briseis So TRUE About Jo Yeong, Eun Soeb is just fasinated with his King Arthur but for JY , His Pyeha is his family and Brother and best friend , obviously his Pyhea being fascinated with a Girl on top of being endagered in both world is already making him restless , to top it off now he has his doppleganger with whom HIS Pyeha though although not close but taken liking to because of the familiarity. He was so so happy when LG realized he is breaking JY 's trust with the unbreakable sword and refused EUNSOP the citizenship.

LG come back to your senses !!

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

39 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Your question is quite general.  Has anyone answered it yet?  Maybe you can copy the translation so that we could understand which part that was not clear for you.

@scrawford you were talking about this dialogue right?

LG: “Don’t tell me not to come and don’t tell me not to leave. I have to go back sometimes, and when I do, I want to come back soon. Whichever it is, if you tell me not to come or leave, I don’t think I’ll be able to do anything. So, I’m asking you not to get exhausted.” 

LG: “I feel like a lousy man after saying that. Am I?”

She nods.

LG: “I’m confused about which part you were nodding to.”

JTE: ”You should go now.”

JTE is savage! I get the impression LG will always be more expressive than JTE. She likes to hide her feelings. But because of that, I feel deeply sad for her because she will struggle alone. 

LG has decided to close the portal else LR will destroy the worlds but for one he cannot let go of JTE as of now.But asks her to not dissolve his decision when the ACTUAL TIME COMES FOR HIM TO LEAVE because of the Love they have for each other. Hence the Deep meaning.

@madmad min you said it beautifully! 

————————————

Less than an hour until episode 8. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@scrawford you were talking about this dialogue right?

LG: “Don’t tell me not to come and don’t tell me not to leave. I have to go back sometimes, and when I do, I want to come back soon. Whichever it is, if you tell me not to come or leave, I don’t think I’ll be able to do anything. So, I’m asking you not to get exhausted.” 

LG: “I feel like a lousy man after saying that. Am I?”

She nods.

LG: “I’m confused about which part you were nodding to.”

JTE: ”You should go now.”

JTE is savage! I get the impression LG will always be more expressive than JTE. She likes to hide her feelings. But because of that, I feel deeply sad for her because she will struggle alone. 

————————————

Less than a hour until episode 8. 

Having this kind of love is amazing but exhausting at the same time. Imagine not knowing when you will see your lover again or if you will be able to see him again. I just hope that somehow there will be a way for them to be together and be happy in the end :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, Heretorant said:

3) Exactly! Lee Gon’s doppelgänger is a wild card right now. The drama is set up where either or will make sense. If he is dead, the show has been trying to tell us all along by showing us his grave. If he is not dead, the show has been telling us all along because 1) we never saw his body and 2) LG’s fingerprint didn’t match with anyone (could mean his doppelgänger is not on file or the dead boy they have on record is not Gon’s doppelgänger). My guess is the show will officially kill him off. I think we may learn soon as LG seems to be interested in knowing about his parallel counterpart. I also can’t see a reason behind why Lee Rim would keep him alive. But I must admit, the idea of him being alive is intriguing. 

4) I’m with you 100%! All the talk of LG coming in last place in combat, him not being able to shoot, and JY being more skilled than him at swordsmanship is deliberately placed there to trick us. Don’t ask me how exactly it happens but I’m sticking by the theory that Lee Gon is the savior himself. 

5) Nope, I don’t think Lee Gon will die. I guess I said the painting was foreshadowing death but I’m thinking now that it can just be foreshadowing danger and bloodshed. Of all people, I am 99% sure LG will not die. 1) The title says it all, 2) I just can’t help but fixate on his line, “I am who I am” which is said by god and 3) the reference to Kim So Wol’s poem and JTE calling him Kim So Wol. The writer didn’t just include these clues for no reason. He’s the most likely to survive character and that’s why I’m sold he is the savior. If Lee Gon does not end up dead then it wouldn’t make sense for anyone else but himself to go back and save young Gon. 

3. I also can 't find a sufficiently good reason why LR would keep LG alive. Unless it's to train fake LG to act like Pyeha to steal the half flute when the latter is out of the palace.

4) Lee Gon is really weak in shooting. The Marine boss   won't be in the mood to crack a joke or make light talk during his own father's funeral.  LG is also his boss, the Commander in Chief. No no to say such things to your boss. Further, LG lacked hard currency; he would have tried his darnest to shoot accurately to get that big toy for the girl of his dreams. 

5) Both Lee Gon and Shin Jae went back to save young Lee Gon. The sharp shooter at the beginning is SJ (guess) and the guy who lost the police ID to young Lee Gon is adult LG (pretty sure- I zoomed in the picture). That explains why previous articles zoomed in on two different pairs of shoes. Because there were two men.   

• Like 2
  • Insightful 8

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

@bebebisous33 I'd like to differ here in some respect. SJ was the sicker one and LR killed the original ROK doppleganger of SJ instead of Ji Hun(LG's doppleganger) and sent ROK SJ's mother in KOC as Tea lady. Ji Hun is alive and Ji Hun's mother in ROK is being played due to that. SJ as a kid knew Ji Hun that's why he recognized the face from the place he visits today.

Point being either of the doppleganger doesnt exist maybe SJ or LG, But that needs to be seen.

My 2 bets on SJ does not have a doppleganger as he is no more or was never born?(Why I say this cuz, if the family architecture is same then in KOC there is no twin sibling for JY but for Eunsop in ROK there are)

@1ouise

I have no issue with either Chronolgy,I understood both the points at one go. I for one played the Hatter in my school theatre so love Alice in Wonderland and did point out initially TKEM and Luna bearing resemblance with Looking through the glass as per someone theory. As I said before TKEM Fine Wine not everyone's cup of Tea.I for one love this Tea.

I have the impression that you misunderstood me partially. First, I have already said that Ji Hun is alive and secondly, I did say that SJ's doppelganger is already dead. Maybe Lee Rim used SJ's doppelganger as a surrogate for Ji Hun's body. Let us not forget that Ji Hun is dead officially. The reason why I thought that SJ's doppelganger was sick was the way SJ woke up. He was surprised to see himself at the hospital, while his mother was crying. So the surprised expression was an indication for me that SJ wasn't used to be at a hospital. He wasn't used to her mother's behavior.

@YongZura⁷ mentioned that the tea lady could have been threatened and the pictures would be a proof for the mother that her son is still alive.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Hikki said:

Hello! I know we’re talking about mirrors and reflections so ep7 with SJ’s reflection in the blood puddle gave me the chills — https://imgur.com/9IhZzUP

You have a very active imagination! But I won't be surprised if he really is killed off in the end. That means Jo Yeong better be alive! I'd be devastated if too many good guys or heroes are killed off in the end. That goes for Lee Gon and TE. LG gets the whole flute back and is free to visit TE after the mathematician finds the key to getting back in. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Please don't discuss the ratings of each episode. I don't understand why ranking discussions waste so many pages every week that so many people are tired. We just need to discuss characters, scenes, scripts.

17 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

On Romance side - Talking about long distance relationship, it’s not between New York and San Francisco and meeting up every weekend, but between two universes coming and going without knowing when. LG’s “Don’t ask me to come and don’t ask me to leave neither” is a “no string attached” relationship that he is asking JTE to accept. He knew that was heartless request to the girl he loves. But there is a bigger and devastating immanent threat to deal with now, and romance has to be put in the back burner. For those who feel the drama is romance light, please consider that we are actually watching a pair of committed adults trying hard to suppress their personal needs and wants to do their job right for greater good. That’s very romantic to me.

I understand what you said about romance, and I also find that if the romantic scene is too much, it will become boring.
But this movie seems to be a disjointed investigation connection, the arrangement of LL scenes returning to Corea is also in the wrong order (remember ep 3, when KSR come her mother's home, she asked her mother about the umbrella? LL has already returned to Corea, but then LG saw the time stop when JTE tied her hair. The scene is in the wrong order). Ep 7 also seems to continue to make the viewers do not understand in what world LL is proceeding.

In particular, the OST embedded into the scene is very boring, does not help to support the mood of the character.

Talking about LG and JTE, both of them were looking forward to each other, waiting to meet each other to satisfy their worries and expectations, but they had two sayings when they meet together and JTE rushed to hug LG, then it was the end, interrupting the feelings of memory.

I watched "A hundred-year inheritance", there were episodes where the male and female episodes appeared more than 2-3 minutes for a scene, or less than 10 minutes for an episode, but we were still frantically watching the main couple, sometimes laughing contentedly in agonizing pain for them, and always fluttering whenever they met.

As for the scene of eating fried chicken, I understand there is no chicken in LG's world, but just shoot the scene of the two of them walking out of the chicken shop and LG saying something he would adapt in JTE's world, so she doesn't need to try food for him. It doesn't need to spend a lot of time shooting from a chicken disk ... and everything. I still love LMH and KGE, still watching this drama but I feel that the producer disrespects the audience, wasting time on advertising.

I felt it was a waste of interaction and acting ability of LMH and KGE. I don't want to be distracted with "The King", so I don't dare to watch many other dramas at the same time, even though it's the drama of my favorite actor.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that this would make some fans less emotional towards "The King".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Things are getting darker - Lady Noh is worried, when Lady Noh is worried - I'm worried

I am worried about the King! 

He is surrounded and he is not ready.

JTE+JY+King against LR+n number of followers+25 years of planning or more!!

ES needs to be prepped up to remain silent. What if Nari (Korean Coffee lady) has cut her hair because of LR's suggestion (seemingly innocent)? Why did LR show himself to Nari? Twins in Corea are not a part of JY's family?

My fear: romance wasn't built up well...actors did pull off a few moments but...

Crime/suspense part doesnt have the zing!

Can one of the three PD's please step up and do some magic. The story deserves better treatment. It has romamce, time travel and mind-games... then why is the execution so weak?

If LR's game is all about mind-games followed by bloodshed, LG's solution should be equally nuanced. If the story/PD's rob me of that then I will be :(

i think one of the two, ES or JY might die, given the talk about balance by coffee house Nari.

Edited***

@madmad min: the twins in Corea are sitting in PM's mother's shop. They havent shown who the parenst are. My guess, the divorced mom of JY is living near by and those twins are hers but JY doesnt know. I also wondered why JY's uncle was introduced in episode 6... to connect us to the twins?

i go back to my random thoughts: this feels like a magnum opus which is being forced into 16 episodes. Story treatment is just not what it should be. It is neither a romance and nor a thriller. Fantasy element is there but only because you guys take me through the maths and referencing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shin Jae went back to save young Gon. Beyond the silhouette that we saw in ep.1, two further clues were laid out in ep.7, being SJ’s shooting skills, and TU’s reassurance to Gon that SJ should be 1 of the 5 people he can trust/ can protect him

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3