[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

2 hours ago, jialinggoleong said:

someone mention there is big jong kook- naeun couple fans. So the way I see it in general term that it could happen. We don’t know what is going on behind the screen to see whether they are deep or not. A lot of younger generation a always act they have crush on him. He is very good looking and well mannered. He is Very generous with his persona to show how he can treat them very well. It could happen if he really likes someone with big age  

Hi,

Sorry, there is a community, mostly cfans, but I wun call it big. Just that there are people who are wondering about them since they are close and really have many common tastes/interest. And both of them are the slow heating type who does not get close easily. 

For cfans, kookmin and kookeun are the 2 current growing ships, since the major ships out there are not looking good.

Actually, the ship itself also find its quite hard to be true since in the past, KJK is not comfy with big age gap. They just hope he is less strict with that as he gets older.  But it is a growing community just like kookmin :blush:

For your question, he values loyalty definitely. But because he just like to take care of others, sometimes he comes across as being to close to the lady. Refer to he 5 cranky brothers that Eunhyuk of SJ came as guest - that topic was discussed and shows how he just want to take care of the lady and ensure she is okay etc.

I think of it as he is the kind of guy who has moral codes that a guy shd behave like a gentlemen to lady - if you think of old english culture, it would be like the code of conduct for knights.

All fans will have their preferences of ships, some even ship him with everyone. Just want him to be married to a good lady. And hope it is soon.....I would prefer bubbly ladies like JSM, SNE, KHN, HJY as i find them to be better complements to him.

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Hi,

Sorry for such frequency. But :joy::joy:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1388397wpp/watch-apink-visits-kim-jong-kooks-home-yang-se-chan-cant-believe-his-transformation-into-generous-host-in-my-ugly-duckling-preview

It will be interesting and perhaps a new character as the "king of double standards" for KJK. Sechan can enact a jealous character.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

This episode was solid considering they did everything inside. The cast really showed how they are able to carry the show with mostly banter, the games were very basic and they still managed so kudos to them! I’m excited to see Kwangsoo back, next episode looks fun. 

Now kookmin: KJK adding Writer Jeon to his MT schedule is kinda both sweet and hilarious to me :lol:. When they asked him if we didn’t have anything to talk about with Somin what would they do then and he said; ‘we will read her book then’ like LMAO

On the microwave scene, I literally had to rewind just to follow the egg discussion since I was so captivated by Kookmin heating the rice the first time I watched it. :D

At the end, they somehow ended right next to each other when they said goodbye. :wub:

I’m excited for KJK’s segment on MUD, it’s been a while, and I need that KJK content!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, HappyVirusRM said:

Now kookmin: KJK adding Writer Jeon to his MT schedule is kinda both sweet and hilarious to me :lol:. When they asked him if we didn’t have anything to talk about with Somin what would they do then and he said; ‘we will read her book then’ like LMAO

Somin needs to stop playing and republish the book and give the man a whole page of dedication :lol:. This more than just promotion, he's determined not to let people forget Somin is a writer (his favourite apparently) and has a book out now. If her book was a person, he would have been hitched up with it by now lol. I mean when he promoted it the first 2 times, I thought it was just him being our supportive kookie to uri jeon jeon but now it's more than just promotion, the man just loves the book and wants everyone to love it too. Forget, kookmin or kookchan, the real ship here is kim jong kook and Somin's book:lol:. It's so cute to see how much he adores writer Jeon. For some reason I want to know his favourite poems from the book. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

27 minutes ago, Rida Live said:

Somin needs to stop playing and republish the book and give the man a whole page of dedication :lol:. This more than just promotion, he's determined not to let people forget Somin is a writer (his favourite apparently) and has a book out now. If her book was a person, he would have been hitched up with it by now lol. I mean when he promoted it the first 2 times, I thought it was just him being our supportive kookie to uri jeon jeon but now it's more than just promotion, the man just loves the book and wants everyone to love it too. Forget, kookmin or kookchan, the real ship here is kim jong kook and Somin's book:lol:. It's so cute to see how much he adores writer Jeon. For some reason I want to know his favourite poems from the book. 

My theory is that Somin did this book thing all by herself. Just based on the fact that her useless agency continues being useless and to my knowledge, they’ve haven’t posted anything about her book. So if we’re being technical, Somin must’ve done this by herself therefore her agency may not be getting any profits so they lack the incentive of giving her free promo. 

And yes! KJK is the top promoter for this book. Some friends of Somin gave her some promo on their insta but no one has gone all out with the promo Like KJK :wub: As a Somin stan, I am very grateful that KJK is helping a lot... Even thought I miss Somin acting, I know this book has brought her a lot of joy, so I want the book to flourish so she can continue to write. (Even though she misspelled ‘sand’ this episode two times :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, HappyVirusRM said:

My theory is that Somin did this book thing all by herself. Just based on the fact that her useless agency continues being useless and to my knowledge, they’ve haven’t posted anything about her book. So if we’re being technical, Somin must’ve done this by herself therefore her agency may not be getting any profits so they lack the incentive of giving her free promo. 

And yes! KJK is the top promoter for this book. Some friends of Somin gave her some promo on their insta but no one has gone all out with the promo Like KJK :wub: As a Somin stan, I am very grateful that KJK is helping a lot... Even thought I miss Somin acting, I know this book has brought her a lot of joy, so I want the book to flourish so she can continue to write. (Even though she misspelled ‘sand’ this episode two times :lol:

I have the same feeling that SoMin made her book all by herself, without her agency financial  support and marketing support....maybe KJK is really an investor of it, so maybe that is the reason why he is promoting the book and Writer Jeon...

Lately I see a more smitten SoMin towards KJK...he looks to involve on the ChanMin LL that he seems not that playful with her...I don't know...I am starting to see a sibling's relationship than lovers between them...

• Off-Topic 1
  • Unamused 2

5 hours ago, RunningGirl7686 said:

I have the same feeling that SoMin made her book all by herself, without her agency financial  support and marketing support....maybe KJK is really an investor of it, so maybe that is the reason why he is promoting the book and Writer Jeon...

Lately I see a more smitten SoMin towards KJK...he looks to involve on the ChanMin LL that he seems not that playful with her...I don't know...I am starting to see a sibling's relationship than lovers between them...

Well I’m from NYC so I’m not sure how book publishing works in Korea but here basically, you write something then send it to a publishing house and if it’s good, you get paid and your book gets published. If your self-publishing there are costs but it’s honestly not that expensive, that’s why there’s so many trash books out there :lol:
I don’t know the steps to get a book published in Korea, I’m not sure if she even spent money on the publishing, it could’ve been completely free of cost, who knows hehehe.
Additionally, I don’t think that investing in a book is really a valuable personal investment, meaning it may not be worth it to finance a book you aren’t writing yourself or if it’s even plausible . 

About the LL, at this point it’s being going on for so long that I’m numb to it lol. In my opinion is it would look weird if KJK didn’t react to it or wasn’t willing to help out with moving the LL but that’s open for interpretation like a lot of things in the shipping world are. 

What I really enjoy about this shipping forum is how everyone is open to individual opinions and I am no exception! So let it be known that I fully respect your opinion, @RunningGirl7686! This reply is just to answer the book thing mostly. :star:

• Like 4

Anyone notice JK kind of distancing himself from JSM after JSM hug YSC. She should have some boundaries lah, i know it’s just business but if you see it from JK perspective.... well it’s not ideal situation if you have crush for someone right?

every kookmin scene after that hug is always jsm approach jk first, I’m afraid it’s JSM herself that will ruin her love life

Please Writer Joen  :bawling:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Myoh Myoh said:

Anyone notice JK kind of distancing himself from JSM after JSM hug YSC. She should have some boundaries lah, i know it’s just business but if you see it from JK perspective.... well it’s not ideal situation if you have crush for someone right?

every kookmin scene after that hug is always jsm approach jk first, I’m afraid it’s JSM herself that will ruin her love life

Perhaps all this while somin only treat jk as her big bro and not more than that..mybe somin like someone else..im sorry bcos saying this in kookmin forum..but i do think their relationship is just between big bro and little sis only...

• Unamused 6

Yeah i feel it too, but then again we don’t know what happens outside RM. I just hope JSM have skinship boundaries, maybe she’s overwhelmed by situation cz it’s YSC who gave her advice. But this whole situations not in favor for JK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myoh Myoh said:

I think we should not take too their actions for their persona too seriously comparing to the secret interaction or unconsciously standing next to each other. 

Korean variety shows are around 70 to 80 scripted and the rest are ad-libs. They leave their private and personal life off screen or you can use your eagle eyes to see interactions in the background for their normal or secret interaction and banter. 

There is quite interesting how Chan-min and Kook-min were dealt with in RM. They promote openly on Chan-min like how they openly promote Spartace, Monday Couple, and Jong kook-Jinyoung. It goes with Somin as love frog. 

One thing I notice about Kwangsoo and Subin. When they met together, everyone said Subin has a crush on Kwangsoo. No one over exaggerate like Jaesuk and HaHa to put them into embarrassment. Kwangsoo felt flattered then they work together sweetly on their own accord. They have secret interaction. After that, no one mention or tease Kwangsoo. Subin in one of the other variety/reality show (I Live Alone, I think), had a picture of both of them together on the wall she decorated. Fans notice it. But RM never really make deal out of it. It started to die down for several months until Kwangsoo made the announcement. 

I think RM do not put too much pressure real life romance too much. They only do it with couple who are reluctant to do it or it is more of one sided. Most of the RM couples are either reluctant or act one sided or take charge. It is like playing skits. 

I notice the hugs Somin gave and who receive it. 

Sechan- current episode- It is half skit made by Somin, but Sechan's reaction to it is quite odd though. It is either negative or very awkward. I thought the hug was too awkward for Sechan that his face shows it all. It could make sense if Jong Kook decided to distant them so Sechan would not act so awkwardly to assure him, or let Sechan do his own skits without worrying about Jong Kook. Probably Jong Kook realised that he and Somin have always play together secretly or spend a lot of time together on screen, and probably it forced editors to edit some out. You dont want to show their warm interaction that could get them in trouble, and wasting the scenes that could be shown. That's probably the reason for distance. However, the two are non-stop. i think the editor gave it up and show some parts of it. 

Kim Ji-Suk- she hugged him like they are colleagues. There is bit distance and awkwardness with pats on their backs. It really show they are good friends. 

Ha Sukjin- she gave him warm hug. They have been friends for a long time. It is lovely embrace between long time friends. 

Kim JongKook-  There is a lot of side hug in beginning of their close friendship. I notice one thing about him when somin wanted to give him a collar after he said she looks like one of the comedian. Jong kook wrap his hand around her arm with small squeeze and pat on her back using his other hand. It seems to be quite intimate. It was also when Jaesuk made weird smile. When she gave thanks to him for giving tofu, he pulled her to his chest and pat her head. It is very very intimate because he pulled her to his chest. Somin sort of restrain a bit. During Korean fan meet, it is like a warm hug that he hugs her with hand on her back (not patting) and other hand to stroke or pat softly. Somin is like resting her head on his shoulder. Most of the hug were seen as a background that could be easily missed. 

There are a lot of secret interaction between Somin and Jong Kook on and off screen. If Somin and Jong kook create loveline in RM as a skit, it is going to look quite not real as if they are  playing around like how Somin plays as a wife and Jong Kook as a husband having a family eating lunch together. It is more of a skit. A very good one. But Jong Kook's reaction to it, he really loves doing it. 

Jong kook promoting Somin's book is more of his planned script or skits to get attention on her book. It serves both ways. He does show that he cares and adores her book or herself. 

If Somin had to pay for all publishing costs for the book, i dont think she would do it without encouragement from her close friend she trust to put her money on it. I do think Jongkook is the one who encouraged her the most to do it. It does look like he felt responsible and working hard to help her. Because there are other RM members can promote for her like her close friend, Sechan and Kwangsoo. Kwangsoo did once but he did say somin forced him to mention it. 

I think there is several small Korean publishing companies that allow to publish any books upon approval unless one had to do most of the investment and responsibility. I just thought of how most big publishers rejected the book that would become so famous. Harry Potter is the one. JK Rowlings had to go through pains of rejections, and rewrite until she found someone who appreciates her writing. It is more of a luck and right person. Somin's poems are really interesting, and a lot have fun with it that attracts small publisher willing to do it for her since she is an entertainer, and known for her poetry skills. I think they also accept her book to be published. Their guidelines and conditions depends on both parties. I think they published a small batch, and will publish more as an investment if there is a demand. I dont know, but it is my guess. I do think there is small publishing company willing to publish for you if they pay for all expenses and etc. 

• Love 4

Watched the subbed episode. It was funny. The male guest was amazing I must say. 

Jeon jakka. Hahahaha. KJK wanting to chitchat with Jeon jakka during lunch. Was her radio segment giving advices out by then ? I guess not, otherwise he would have mentioned her appearing with KHN on radio too. :joy:

Excited to see LKS back. He must have gone crazy without shooting for RM. 

PS- I'm even more excited to see KJK's MUD segment LMAO

• Like 3
  • Love 3

On 3/16/2020 at 11:13 AM, Sominangel said:

Perhaps all this while somin only treat jk as her big bro and not more than that..mybe somin like someone else..im sorry bcos saying this in kookmin forum..but i do think their relationship is just between big bro and little sis only...

On 3/16/2020 at 11:38 AM, Myoh Myoh said:

Yeah i feel it too, but then again we don’t know what happens outside RM. I just hope JSM have skinship boundaries, maybe she’s overwhelmed by situation cz it’s YSC who gave her advice. But this whole situations not in favor for JK

The first rule of being a shipper is to never ever get your hopes up too high, because sometimes you'll only end up disappointing yourself. Been there, done that. I'm not sure if you guys ever heard of Khuntoria We Got Married couple (Nichkhun from 2PM and Victoria Song from f(x), but I used to shipped them so hard lmao I'm not even kidding. I really believed that both of them are in a relationship. But turned out I was wrong about it, and Nichkhun was actually dating Tiffany from SNSD. There's already a rumours about them and so many hints but I decided to ignored it because I already got my hopes too high for Khuntoria and I was in total denial lol. That's why I was crushed and died a little inside when I read the article about their dating news and I think I actually cried lmao (mind you I was just a stupid young girl back then). After that I never ship anyone anymore lol until I watched "kookmin tofu scene". It's not an easy journey, since both of them always avoided each other back then but I just can't help but ship them. The difference about me shipping Khuntoria and Kookmin is that now with Kookmin I decided to just go with the flow and to never get my hopes up too high. 

The struggle of being a shipper is that we didn't know what the future hold for our beloved OTP. Only time will tell, it's not going to be easy but then again there's absolutely nothing we can do about it. There's this word "Jodoh" in malay language (I'm from Malaysia), I don't know the exact english translation for "Jodoh" but the closest one will be soulmate, or your other half and I'm muslim so I believe in both "Jodoh" and "Qadar" (destiny). So like, no matter how hard you're trying to avoid that person or saying you didn't like that person but if God said he/she is your "Jodoh" then he/she will always be your "Jodoh". But If God said no, it's means no. To be honest, I don't expect to ever understand Kookmin since I didn't know them personally but damn Kookmin confused the hell out of me. So I think it's better to just take it easy, don't expect too much and enjoy the ride and just follow the flow. If they're not meant to be together then it's okay, they can always be friends. So yeah,  I hope what I wrote here didn't offended anyone in this forum. Love you guys. Thanks. 

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

Actually I found that hug from Somin to Sechan very funny and interesting. We can see Jongkook's expression a little annoyed but still smiling like "Heol how dare you ? Wait and see how I will teach you a lesson later". And right after Somin hugged SC, for a brief moment on camera Somin turned to look at JK (to see how he reacted ?). Before JK said he likes to tease the one he likes, I think Somin does to. She likes to make JK jealous, not cheating, since Kook-Min-Chan love triangle is just for show. The situation is like, you know, 2 boys and 1 girl are close friends with each other, there's a couple between them, the boyfriend knows there's nothing romantic between the girlfriend and the other boy, but sometimes the girlfriend wants to joke around a bit with the other boy to make the boyfriend jealous. Do I make any sense at all ?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Even before the hug, it was Somin who approached him (since he was the MC), so I don't find anything weird when she's the one approached him after that. 

Furthermore, even if he was distancing himself from her after the hug, his senses still conscious of her. He turned his body towards Somin and listened to her when she asked eggs from Byeong Gyu before they started cooking. He asked what happened when Somin broke the egg. Though they were not standing together, he still wants to know what she's doing.

The main thing is when he choose to stand between Somin and Byeong Gyu when JS pick him to move to Somin's team. Before, JK always push Somin to stand to the centre of camera frame. But not this time. Well maybe this is just me who make a big deal of it but times and again he told Somin to stand at the centre. For him to stand between the two and made Somin stood out of frame is weird for me. It feels as if he didn't want her to stand besides Byeong Gyu (just my assumption here)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I think JK must know that SM doesn't get any help or support from her agency and decided to help promote her book. How sweet he is :rolleyes: SM must have done everything by herself, finding a publisher and making deals with them. Luckily she gets support from her friends. And JK became her promoter lol. I think no other RM members are as interested in SM's book as him lol. Even YSC,  SM's loveline didn't show any interest in SM's book. JK is the only member who ever mentioned SM's book. And how cute was it that when he wrote his MT schedule he thought of SM and included her in his schedule. There were 2 names Written in his schedule, his own name Kook (activity number 3) and SM's name Jeon (activity number 2) :D

When Im Soohyang talked about how SM kept making her playing games when they drank together, JK commented SM is a professional gamer lol. Made me wonder if SM ever made him play games too. He then seemed to want say something about SM's drinking habit but got cut off by YJS. He said when she drinks..... 

And SM decided to help him cook the rice was sweet too. Well I think she just wanted to have some time together with him lol

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

8 minutes ago, autumnflowers said:

And how cute was it that when he wrote his MT schedule he thought of SM and included her in his schedule. There were 2 names Written in his schedule, his own name Kook (activity number 3) and SM's name Jeon (activity number 2) :D

Man, I agree! second activity related to her and what she does best (talking/conversing) and third activity what he does best - exercise (other than singing). I primarily ship their friendship. I hope they continue to remain close friends and support each other for a long time.

11 minutes ago, autumnflowers said:

When Im Soohyang talked about how SM kept making her playing games when they drank together, JK commented SM is a professional gamer lol. Made me wonder if SM ever made him play games too. He then seemed to want say something about SM's drinking habit but got cut off by YJS. He said when she drinks.....

So many stories involving Somin's drinking habits and they all tend to include LKS, LOL. In the beginning of the year, she said she wants to stop drinking. I hope she is able to slowly achieve it this year! Maybe by hanging out more with one particular individual who prefers drinking coffee to alcohol.:joy:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1