[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

Kookmin moments these days just make me warm and contented. We don't get enough to go "OMG they are dating" like we used too, or too little to cry "we were reading it all wrong". We just get enough. Their onscreen friendship and chemistry is so cute really, makes me wonder what they are like offscreen. Though I want more lol but who here doesn't. In some ways I feel they aren't holding back anymore but at the same time just holding it in (their relationship I mean, whatever it is; just friendship or more). There was a time they used to be cautious to interact (well jsm was, kjk never failed to come through hence why he is our president lol) but now they are just more open and bolder. Like she deadass just gazes at him now without inhibitions, all smiles and all. They are together a lot, have cute banter onscreen and always sneak a peek at eachother. It's almost like they are drawn to eachother. Attraction!!! Kookmin has that in loads. 

And if Somin doesn't announce a project soon, I will start a beef with her. Of course I'll still worship the ground she walks on and love her the same but she shouldn't test my undying devotion to her (she can, I'm a ride or die lol). I don't know for some reason even though she says her career isn't doing great and all, why do I feel she's contented where she is now. Let me not even start with her agency, I have summarized and hope that she's leaving them soon or her contract will soon expire. But it's almost like she likes where she is now though she wouldn't mind more. I mean for her book, her other celebrity friends she sent it to and kjk were the ones that promoted it for her a little (a lot on KJK's side, if he could have done a CF for the book, he would have:joy:). She made one or two posts about it and that was it. She did try to have a book signing which got cancelled due to the virus outbreak (Hope you all stay safe <3). While i want that book to become so popular it comes in multiple languages and causes world domination, she probably was just happy to release it and share her words to whoever cared enough to want to read. I don't even know what to think anymore, sometimes I get the feeling she doesn't like where she is career wise, other times I get the feeling she's happy as she is now. I just hope her blossoming 'friendship' with kjk is and has been a good outlet for her because it sure is for me lol.

• Like 6
  • Love 5

43 minutes ago, Rida Live said:

I don't know for some reason even though she says her career isn't doing great and all, why do I feel she's contented where she is now. 

But it's almost like she likes where she is now though she wouldn't mind more.

I don't even know what to think anymore, sometimes I get the feeling she doesn't like where she is career wise, other times I get the feeling she's happy as she is now.

Sometimes I feel the same too but I think she really does feel frustrated of her career. I listen of how she talk in Hanna radio how she wait for good acting project, she seem to miss acting and want to act. Judging by how long she is in the industry trying to act and keep going through obstacle, you can clearly say she like the job too.

At the same time, she is probably trying to be content for where she is. At least now she isn't jobless, she got something to do every mondays. She also can express herself more. That's more than what she's been through. That's probably another side of being through a lot and have been on the low side, you'd try to be content to whatever you are at.

• Like 6

Somin has creative wittiness in her that she could use this to promote herself. Sometimes when things didn't go where she wanted to go, she has a lot of other things to show. I have heard that she had turned down some offer that she couldn't get the roles she couldn't act. One of the drama she turned down left one of the actor in psychiatry and big weight loss. However, in the future, she could try to tackle in more challenging roles. She will can continue working for RM which is great place to promote themselves. It is sort of audition for all members to perform for CF, acting gigs, and etc. 

Jihyo got two big roles this time. The change of agency really helped her a lot. Her agency is very aggressive. She is very lucky. I think some of her friends helped her to get the director realise that she was perfect for Intruder role. One of the spartace post showed up in Somin's hashtag saying that Jong kook mentioned that she was good for the psychopath role. She finally got the role for drama with 4 guys running after her. It is her good year after change of agency. It would be better if Somin could do the same. Changing the agency is not easy though. Someone has to come for you. Somin is stuck with her agency, but she would need to accept more challenging role. Most of her roles are romantic ones. Somin is more choosy than Jihyo. Jihyo had to take a lot of challenging roles that some of them are controversial. She has acted more variety of genre and rating (Rated R). Jihyo sacrificed a lot for some of the roles. Being part of RM shows more of her real self. RM is very important place for her which helped to balance her image as an actress and entertainer, and even as person. She is very different from what we see her as an actress. 

SOmin has more variety of genre that she can do beside being an actress. I am not comparing them. But their timeline is different. It is not who is better than other. Their path is different. 

I agree that despite not having the gigs she wanted for acting she misses, somin has variety of things she could do as an entertainer. RM could set up bit of acting skits for all members including Somin. Like before, they had had with actresses villainous roles- it allows members and guests to show their talents and skills. It could be good opportunity. I have seen that Somin is consider more of a comedian/entertainer than an actress among korean viewers especially younger generation. She has more fans who like her as an entertainer because of her wits and personality viewers enjoy the most. She has gained more friends and colleagues for her to connect with. A lot could ask to do show with her like Kang HaNa asked her to be regular guest speaker for March. In that particular way, Somin could show how she could connect with viewers. It is more of a stepping stone. Sometimes it could be a blessing for a while to find what she could be good at. She is very talented and sweet. She is also very polite and kind. She has been hidden from the viewers for so long. She could be very popular with elders. If she join 2D1N and meet more elders in provinces or country side, they'll enjoy her personality and creativity. She always make something to make atmosphere more lively. She bought two cute pins from Jeonju for little kids in Mongolia.  She can share brazen sense of humour with elderly too. Along the way to build her image, she could get more advertisement to change her agency or etc. RM is very important for global platform. I would suggest her to learn English during Coronavirus outbreak. Her personality would do wonders for western counterparts. She could continue to write more songs and give it to Jong kook or HaHa to sing. She is very funny and witty. 

I think another reason she is content despite downside of her acting career, that someone is there who has been making her smile and loved. I was sensing Jong kook because she has been with Sechan and Kwangsoo for a long time already. When she is around Jong Kook or starting to become closer to him, she changed. It gets more and more obvious later on even though she is very cautious, but she is always happy to be with him. It does feel like Jong kook is the one. I hope I am right. Even though I could prepare to be disappointed. But she looked content being around Jong Kook. He promoted her book. His sweet and brazen gestures drives her crazy with passion. He does seem to know how to please her. Jong kook does more of talking cheesy lines for Sechan to say it to Somin. He is like Sechan's voiceover. Editing makes it very tricky that it needs eagle eyes and ears to catch it. 

The longer we see them together, the more we see that they have so much in common despite different personality. Their difference in personality complement each other. They even accept each other's flaws that they poke fun of each other. Not just Somin, Jong kook looks more content too. He smiles more and joke around a lot. He is more relaxed even though he lost the game or his image weakened by silliness. His tough persona has more balance feel that he is tough outside, but very soft inside. He is such a sweetheart. With MUD episodes combined with RM, the more they are connected in some ways. Even though MUD couldn't mention much about Somin, the more curiosity it becomes for Kook-min and SOmin fans. Jong Kook fans may miss it because I was Somin's fan first that I notice how they were very quiet talking about her comparing how they talked about every women they notice. They could have asked and Jong Kook could say she is his sister or close friend. 

• Like 6

For that first mud episode where his friends asked him who was closed to his ideal type amongst the running man girls, I understand why somin wasn’t mentioned. In one episode they mentioned how kjk used to think somin was weird, and went as far as avoiding her on the street when he saw her. I feel like his friends knew he didn’t have the best opinion of her back then so decided to completely opt her out of the running. Of course, after a while kjk and her became super close and now people often ask them if they have something going on. It’s a complete change from back then. 

i feel like kjk was confused at first. He noticed how all the members seemed to really adore her and have fun with her, so you could notice times where he tried to get closer to her, and try to understand her a bit more. Somin wasn’t making it easy for him of course, because of kjk’s persona on the show she would always say she’s scared of him, and didn’t want to be on his team. That probably kept kjk away for a bit, but then eventually somin toned down on saying she was afraid of him and they seemed to actually be able to bond. 

Kjk went from one member who knows her the least to one of the members who know her the most. It was always lks, ysc, and yjs but now it shifted to lks, ysc, and kjk. Yjs used to be the one to know all these stories about somin, even about her adventures abroad, but now kjk seems to get all the tea on jsm. Even when someone else talks about something somin does outside of the show he seems to already know about it and just nods along. 

To me they were the last people I thought would have a romantic relationship, not even a friendship really. Now I won’t even be surprised if it comes out that they’re dating. Even if they don’t end up together I hope they can stay good friends even after running man runs its course.

• Like 7
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, wanderlustanna said:

what do you guys think somin said in this gif? apeujyo? does it hurt? this is right before we saw her standing behind JK and sort of helping him with the vest. Does that make any sense? 

I think so.. "Does it hurt".. probably mean KJK have the difficult time to wear a tight vest because his bulky muscular body so that why JSM helped KJK :sweatingbullets: 

Thing that does not make any sense for me is why JSM is the one help KJK? because her partner KTH also seem to struggle to wear that vest eventually Haha help him. lol

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, wanderlustanna said:

:ph34r:

Wow really I'm speechless. Monopolize over the youngest brother would make sense to me since Kookchan have a bromance, but monopolize the youngest sister ? I mean really ? Jongkook ah are you finally leading us to the truth :w00t:?

By the way, anyone notice the guy sit next to Somin in her IG cake cutting video? Based on her clothes that's when she filmed Top Star and kissing scenes with Kim Ji Suk if I'm not mistaken, but the guy in the video had very similar body build as Jongkook, the arm, the fingers, the thigh, even the shorts (they are shorts right) .. Ok I let my delulu mind run once in a while.

NHGJv7O.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 2

8 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

Actually it is youngest brother. That article got mistranslate to youngest sister. But I feel second hand embarassment with that oppa's ridiculous possessive of his 'doll' act. Haha.

https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=382&aid=0000805299

He only becomes possessive of his "doll" when it's JSM who "plays" with his "doll" lol. If it's other people he wouldn't care lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, autumnflowers said:

He only becomes possessive of his "doll" when it's JSM who "plays" with his "doll" lol. If it's other people he wouldn't care lol

That's why it is hard to take his possessiveness of his 'doll' at face value because it only apply for Somin. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4