[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

Hey guys!!! 

Its been terribly long since I last wrote because I was unable to. But I have thoroghly enjoyed reading everyones posts and its always made me smile. So thanks everyone for always making the effort to share your thoughts and of course I miss everyone and how lively it used to be here.

:cries:

This post is not about a direct interaction but a reference from an Interview with JK at the SBS Awards Show. 

Spoiler

I know I wish we had more interactions and unfortunately I cant really infer too much from this but thought Id share it as I watched the award show. Of course congratulations to all the members who won awards and for RM for winning the Program of the Year voted by the viewers themelves. Despite being smaller in number they are trying their best to go on strong. 

SBS Awards

So JK was nominated for the Grand Award and for each nominee there were introductions. The last topic mentioned was that which we have previously talked about, JK and his marriage stance thats endlessly been discussed on many shows. In the preview for JK, the last part they talked about all his good points but yet he still not married. 

The Questions posed were:

"Why aren't you getting married?"

"Are you unable to get married?"

"Is there something you are not telling us?"

"Are you already living with someone?" 

This is interesting because from the My Little Old Boy and Running Man so far from what I remember they have mostly focused on him being too into workout, his nagging and his thrifty lifestyle as to why he can't get married, but never really because of the thought that he's already in a relationship. Because all the time they talk about introducing and recommending him a women, of course that would be mean they are implying he's single. 

A1LwF9P.gif 

[Small side mention, this doesnt mean anything but it was nice seeing her in thier clips: you can slighty see Jeon Somin in the highlight clip when they show JK wearing the yellow tshirt]

JK's reaction 

8Ogy5SW.gif 

AgIoZLp.gif 

[The one sitting next to JK is YJS]

I don't want to fully and read too much into his words because its the award show so he has to be careful and formal about it so I think he might be just saying for the sake of answering like he always has. Along the lines Don't know when but I will get married soon and I want to which he has been saying for the past 3 years or so. We know he wants his privacy and wont really tell the public any details about his relationship.

Haha's reaction

Spoiler

kc7cUmz.gif

I think what Haha said stuck to me more, about asking people to lower their expectiation. Obviously he could be fully joking around saying that there is no hope that even Jae Seok gave up because its been too long. But for me it was more of trying to lower the spotlight and to stop too much fuss and attention on this matter. Because you know how big of a deal it will be if he gets married and if by chance thats Jeon Somin. 

Moreover the last sentence Haha said "Once he gets married, he can focus on Running Man even more". Hopefully I'm not reading too much but this what I think.

Assumption

What Haha said would imply currently getting married is worrisome for JK and he would be more at ease and focus better on RM after getting married. And the reasons its worrisome could be either JK himself or the general public: 

1. He doesn't have a partner and he is getting older. Thus he'd be at ease once he is married as he no longer has to worry about being too late on finding his life partner. 

2. In terms of people's reaction, that his marriage and his partner will be on the spotlight and take while to fade to become normal. This would be fine as his marriage is a postive news but only becomes worrisome if theres something more complicated about it.

Spoiler

Non-celebrity partner

Although personally I feel like this wouldnt be a problem if his partner was a non-celebrity. I feel like JK would do anything to protect their identity or to keep the attention off from the media if thats their wish. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be hesitant to tell the public to not pry too much and he would stand for it. We know he's extremely protective and loyal to his friends and private about his relationships. I don't know if you guys remember about him being falsely accused about injecting hormones but he wasnt too worried but as soon as it was on the news, he immediately did the most expansive test even exceeding Olympic athletes' test. He isn't the one to back away if he feels wronged about something. So if it is a non-celebrity then he could easily stand up for it because his partner wouldn't be always questioned about it as their exposure to public is low.

Celebrity partner

Compared to a celebrity, it could become harder for him to stand up since his partner themselves individually, when on shows or dramas, could be questioned alot about their relationship. Which I also think wouldnt be too troublesome either, there's quite few celebrity couples and they get teased occasionally by their members for fun but isnt made a huge deal out it (Including Sun-bin and Kwangsoo). There are also married couples where they have kept their personal life to themselves and had positive reactions and only small fun teasing here and there like Rain and Kim Tae-Hee, also really famous celebrities.

Whether or not people predicted JK celebrity partner; or it was kept a secret or not, the general public and everyone else would be just finally be happy and relieved about him getting married.

But where it could be burdening, complicated or awkward is when he would have married a celebrity that could garner mixed reaction. Even marrying a celebrity he met on the show or cast member wouldnt be too much of problem because again famous couples who intially even specially met on SBS programs (i.e law of jungle etc) have gotten married. But people just find it cute, no negative response. But for RM it would be different because unlike other programs this has/had focused on lovelines and has huge local and international fanbase with varying opinions. And so if it was Jeon Somin especially after she's left, people would end up connecting it to their performance on RM when they were together, analysing thier previous behaviour or about her leaving the show because of it and so on even if she left for her own sake and her acting career. 

Thus generally speaking he wouldnt really receive negative response for marrying even if they were some celebrity unless they are associated with something bad.

Conclusion: So technically the only reason I can think of JK currently worried is that he is single and needs to find a partner. Or if he is in a relationship that its the one that will bring complicated or mixed reaction whether or not its JSM. Though I am not saying this is definite reason.

Also no one else spoke and YJS who was quite playful and confident when they were talking about YJS being a nominee as well, he didnt add anything to JK's remark on marriage. RM members usually would take any chance to tease each other so maybe they might not want to talk or focus too much about it. 

I'm just throwing out some thoughts and possblities with many assumptions and so on. I might have missed out on something crucial since I have only watched running man, JKs youtube but not really catching up on their insta and other stuff. So Im not saying its JSM and it isn't an exact proof thats pointing towards her, but hopefully it was something informative to share. Whatever the situation is I hope everything goes well. Also hope we get some Kookmin moments this year, whatever kind of interactions they are as friends or otherwise. 

Happy New Year and I hope everyones will have a much better and a great 2024.

:Ohboy3::heartxoxo:

Take care of yourselves, miss you guys :tears: 

Edit: Fixed some typos

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 gifs per post. Please put any other in the spoiler tags thanks’
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, RM1507 said:

Assumption

What Haha said would imply currently getting married is worrisome for JK and he would be more at ease and focus better on RM after getting married. And the reasons its worrisome could be either JK himself or the general public: 

1. He doesn't have a partner and he is getting older. Thus he'd be at ease once he is married as he no longer has to worry about being too late on finding his life partner. 

2. In terms of people's reaction, that his marriage and his partner will be on the spotlight and take while to fade to become normal. This would be fine as his marriage is a postive news but only becomes worrisome if theres something more complicated about it.

I think Haha said this because he would probably leave My ugly duckling and would be more focused on a single show.

• 4 weeks later...

What happened this year with the fortune teller?

When it was his turn to talk about KJK and he made a reference to SJH there were no jokes from the other members (same with SJH's turn).

Since JSM is gone, the fortune teller's speech of all members has changed a lot.

pd:I've only seen the fortune teller part, RM stopped interesting me the moment JSM left

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kookminstanner123 said:

Now that Somin's left, i wonder why Jong Kook hasn't announced that he's dating her yet. I wonder what he's waiting for because it's been a few months already since she's left. 

Do you all know  if JSM has started a project or done anything after leaving Running Man?

@kookminstanner123

I think if they announce anything it will be directly the wedding date.

• Like 1

Has anyone watched the recent episode? They were teasing JK about having a girlfriend or planning to get married. Haha asked him to say a few words to his woman to which he gladly did and said “WAIT JUST FOR A LITTLE WHILE.”

The way I gasped thinking of JSM quickly, LOL. Guess we all have to wait then. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/5/2024 at 7:53 AM, Chasing Felicity said:

Has anyone watched the recent episode? They were teasing JK about having a girlfriend or planning to get married. Haha asked him to say a few words to his woman to which he gladly did and said “WAIT JUST FOR A LITTLE WHILE.”

The way I gasped thinking of JSM quickly, LOL. Guess we all have to wait then. 

Omoo.. I haven't watched RM since ep 680

Thank you for sharing about this!!

I'm so happy and just like you I immediately thinking about Somin hehe :D

I'm patiently waiting.. maybe it will takes 1 year since Somin leaving RM..

Maybe at the end of this year..

Maybe it'll come at the time that we weren't expecting at all..

Anyway, I'm ready for the wedding announcement article to come out:sparklyeyes:

On 2/5/2024 at 3:46 AM, kookminstanner123 said:

Now that Somin's left, i wonder why Jong Kook hasn't announced that he's dating her yet. I wonder what he's waiting for because it's been a few months already since she's left. 

You truly speak my mind!

I'm waiting.. expecting the news soon but trying to keep my expectation lower..

Finger crossed they prepare something and the good news will come this year!

On 2/5/2024 at 5:15 AM, MandelBrot said:

Do you all know  if JSM has started a project or done anything after leaving Running Man?

Sadly I hear nothing about it :(

I really miss her..

Aa the latest one, I read that JSM become cameo on Kim Doyeon's new movie.. but I don't know whether it's true or not

On 2/5/2024 at 5:15 AM, MandelBrot said:

I think if they announce anything it will be directly the wedding date.

Yeahh I think so <3

I hope it'll come soon

Btw I love reading all of your reply here.. When there's new replies I'm sooo happy and excited :partyblob:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

• 1 month later...

hi guys! I’m a longtime lurker and huge fan of kookmin. all your posts have always made me so excited and I’ve been waiting for good news. but I’m getting a bit sadder every day because nothing is happening. I thought maybe kookmin were staying quiet when they were on rm together to avoid scandal. but now sominie is no longer on running man. so why don’t they announce it? 

I’m starting to wonder if there was nothing between them at all :( please help convince me

Both JK and Somin said they won't reveal they are in relationship until they are going to announce their wedding. Simple... No announcement means they won't get married any time soon. Just to let you know, Koreans usually held their wedding during spring or autumn. Now already spring. Just wait until autumn.

Nothing good by announcing they are dating if the wedding date is still far away. Public intervention can ruin a relationship. 

• Like 3

On 3/25/2024 at 2:17 AM, kyoko22 said:

Both JK and Somin said they won't reveal they are in relationship until they are going to announce their wedding. Simple... No announcement means they won't get married any time soon. Just to let you know, Koreans usually held their wedding during spring or autumn. Now already spring. Just wait until autumn.

Nothing good by announcing they are dating if the wedding date is still far away. Public intervention can ruin a relationship. 

It's also the year of the dragon so hopefully the wedding gets announced in autumn. If not, we'll have to wait until 2034 for year of the tiger (Jeon So Min) or 2036 for year of the dragon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They talk about the chapter 700 special, and I don't know if I'm wrong, but, I think they talk about JSM, but I think she won't be able to participate or they talking about her life?

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 5:12 AM, MandelBrot said:

They talk about the chapter 700 special

Thank you for sharing link to RM youtube live recording. So.. KJK is Bom 봄 right? cmiiw

Maybe he's promoting his new song, but I can't stop thinking that Bom/Spring is associated with Sominie

And it makes me remember kjk 2020 calendar with frog design for #Spring

And Somin is ttoki in RM eps 476

Sorry for being blabbering, I miss kookmin moments..

And really really miss Sominie eonni, still waiting for her new project..

Hope the best for kookmin, whether it's marriage or friendship..

:heart:

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...