[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

liltash85

Tq writer because now focus my cute couple as main plot..:wub: I just realized the writer waste for earlier episode.. Nevermind.. We got muah scene.. Kiss scene.. Hand scene.. But how the bed scene.. 

I Hate that temperature .. Lol

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just me... I am struggling with some of the one on one dialog in EP12 between DC and MR. The "chemistry" felt more forced than than previous episodes. The romantic lines in several scenes felt overly cheesy and unnatural. I really want to like this drama without cringing. 

I don’t expect Ha Young can become so low when she asked Lee Hyeong Du to put Mi ran back in the frozen capsule. Wow this woman really can’t accept that their relationship ends is because of her. 

I hope Lee Hyeong Du will exposed the voice recording and I want Dong Chan to end it once and for all with her. 

Ahh I just finished ep 12 and LOVED what DC did with the edits to reveal the hidden story, taking matters in his hands!  I love the twist to the story now that they could target the villain. 

Looking forward to this weekend!

I loveeeeee the chief and the best friend’s comment.  If DC + MR = ice baby! :w00t:

So, a few thoughts on our OTP.

For weeks, the discussion here has been about the OTP, their chemistry, when did MDC fall for MR and how they will move forward. I just want to take a step back to the first two episodes when they showed them before the experiment. The most awkward moment for me in this drama was when DC won that award and then he thanked his gf, HY, who then joins him on the stage. All of their interactions felt awkward. HY, even then seemed socially awkward and inept. She clearly had goals of being a primetime anchor then, but she had no palpable chemistry or energy with DC. They were cordial at best around one another. I never saw them laughing or having fun together. It just seemed like their relationship was very polite. I assumed it was because they both worked at the broadcast station and did not want to bring too much attention to their personal life. 

When you look at DC's personality, he is full of ideas and energy, which is why he was a variety show producer. He knows what people will be intrigued with and he has vision in how to present things. HY always came off as stiff and worried. Even right before he revealed the experiment, she just didn't seem comfortable with him at all. It was as if she knew it would be short-lived. In contrast, MR's personality is fiery and fun. She is brave, confrontational, kind, and she isn't afraid to love those around her. You could see and feel her love for her family. You could feel her love for her friends. Even then, she was a better match for DC than HY. I could be wrong, but I feel HY got obsessed with DC because he was so popular at the station at that time. He was the cherry on top of her plans to be a primetime anchor.

Fast forward to the present and I just don't feel a connection between her and DC even now. It still isn't there, even after being apart for 20 years. So, this jealousy and revenge from her feels even more off putting because she barely spent time with DC before. He was always running around with his crew taping different shows. Their work was worlds apart, but now, he and MR work together, quite well, and they have a lot in common. Actually, we could argue that MR may have spent more time with DC back then. His assistant reminded him that she had participated on their variety shows more than anyone they'd worked with. They just never crossed the line back then because they were both stuck in bad relationships. I don't believe that DC and HY would've made it had the experiment not gone awry. They were just too different and deep down she knows it. She hasn't been single all of this time because she has been waiting on DC. She has been single because of her guilt of covering up the experiment.

Also, MR's friend YS that married her Freudian ex. She told MR that she liked him first, but he ended up dating MR and it was too late. Then, she should've left it at that. I cannot imagine being in love with a boy who ends up falling for my best friend, only to watch said boy cheat and betray her, get dumped by her, then I slide in and MARRY HIM??? Her friend is dead wrong, which is why she is suffering. I don't believe she is actually divorcing him. She could've easily done that by now, but it's like her son said. She can't let him go. YS is a lot like HY.

Clips from the last ep (or was it the one before?) truly had my insides melting from the intensity! Toe curling good!

I started this then stopped cos I lost interest somewhere between their awakening and the tussle to regain their former lives. the OTP was a disaster for me. Off-putting personalities that are hard to like. I had thought Ji CW would have had a pretty good hold on me but in this one, I don’t remember him flexing his skills......then that ep happened and I realized his top notch muaking skills did.

I should restart from here for sizzle. Hiaks!
and backread recaps/posts!

DC – It starts now! I am Ma Dong-chan!

VO – The urgent board meeting has started

DC – I will provide all the evidence Man – As a disciplinary act.

MR – you quit? DC – I know, 52 years old is too much to start a new life, but I will start

HY – I made an irrevesible situation because of my decisions

Camera man – 20 years ago, after you disappeared. She came and visited me.

DC – I thought you abandoned me. It hurt me so much.

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

Is the writer trying to redeem HY character and make DC feel guilty? What will happen to Miran? Gosh, are they trying to let DC-Hy at the end???? 

I think they’re just adding some “exciting anxiety” (for lack of a better term) as a little challenge for the audience. I doubt that it will be DC and HY at the end because DC and MR are really the main protagonists in this series. I also think that the clip is just a portion of what DC has to say to HY. Maybe after saying that he was left broken hearted thinking that HY did not look for him, he is still thankful because if not for that, he wouldn’t have realised how he felt for MR. I can be wrong though, but just like everyone else here, I am hoping that the leaked info about DC moving into MR’s rooftop is for real!!! 

@LavelyShai @MissKim1982 I hope so DC won’t be back to HY. But I am afraid Miran will take the Noble Idiocacy road coz seems like she will overhear the conversation. I don’t wanna say this but i have a feeling MR will volunteer to be in the frozen capsule again to save the professor. This may be Lee Hyung Du last card

Ahh! @LavelyShai@liltash85   I loved reading your thoughts on the chances of the Novel Idiocracy and how DC will have to do a bit of soul searching to know that he has moved on from his feelings for HY.  But then again I'm worried that this just create a few more hurdles that MR has to overcome in the relationship.

@MissKim1982 I wonder if moving to the to MR's home roof is real as it doesn't serve much of any purpose as too this late in the story already.   Please help me process how this can enhance the story....

I am still enjoying this drama so much, and have to thank all of you giving blow-by-blow descriptions!  I don't do well in that area....that you all excel in.....so I do what I can to contribute by way of digital art and interpretations.  I am not as up to speed as you all are right here.....I'm still stuck a few episodes back.  The "date" they had at the skating rink (of course, where else would they go where they could be cold and active at the same time?) when she explained how important her brother is to the equation.  Seeing Ji Chang Wook so casual on the ice brought back memories of Smile Donghae, 2010/2011 Drama where he played an Olympic Short Track Speed Skater, and really learned how to skate, like, well, an Olympian!  

ezgif.com-smiledonghaewithlogo.gifThat was then.......eyes on Number 11.

ezgif.commms-skating-with-logo.gifThis is now.  OK, he may have lost a step or two........ 

4 hours ago, Mai Stars said:

I am still enjoying this drama so much, and have to thank all of you giving blow-by-blow descriptions!  I don't do well in that area....that you all excel in.....so I do what I can to contribute by way of digital art and interpretations.  I am not as up to speed as you all are right here.....I'm still stuck a few episodes back.  The "date" they had at the skating rink (of course, where else would they go where they could be cold and active at the same time?) when she explained how important her brother is to the equation.  Seeing Ji Chang Wook so casual on the ice brought back memories of Smile Donghae, 2010/2011 Drama where he played an Olympic Short Track Speed Skater, and really learned how to skate, like, well, an Olympian!  

That was then.......eyes on Number 11.

This is now.  OK, he may have lost a step or two........ 

I think he's gotten more handsome as he aged. If that's possible, what I really like about him is he did not let his looks define him. He is one of the best Korean actors they have, but he could hold his own anywhere. 

I am also enjoying this drama very much.

Archived