Quantcast
liltash85

[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

Preview translation

MR: Whatever happens, please save this person.
HY: The two people, are they in much danger?
DC: Holding hands like this, being together, and being happy together, is all good, but I don’t like being ill together.
Doctor: I think Mi Ran-sshi has also started showing the symptoms of the disease.
MR: Do you mean that if things go wrong, we could even die?
DC: Why did you meet Lee Yong Doo? Please stop this right now.
HY: You have to go through it as well. The way your heart races so crazily for that one person, what the anguish of that is.
MR: Because our situation is so special, I don’t know what will happen from here on.

I haven't had a chance to watch this episode yet, so just posting this translation. I'll probably be back later with some commentary after watching the episode. It does rather seem though that DC and MR are going to go through some hard times together. However, I appreciate that they are going to get through it together now, and that they will win out over whatever it is. Dying together is not the right ending for a rom-com, even if that is a rather romantic notion.

Also, I like how DC's voice just softens whenever he's talking to MR now. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 4

[Ratings] "Melting Me Softly" 2 November Episode 11:

Nielsen Korea: 1.473% National (-.60%); N/A Seoul
TNMS: 1.5% (-.60%)

• Like 1

My heart is still racing from watching episode 11!! The subtitles are not completed for the last 10 minutes or so but it's easy to understand what is happening. WOW! It doesn't seem like its the same writer. So many meaningful messages being conveyed about family love, loving oneself, and taking time out from life to "smell the roses". So many questions remain. What is NHY up to with the chairman, what's going to happen to the doctor, DC and MR, and what happened to the missing twin? The improved pacing has built anticipation. The change of DC's sister was heart warming. Got to give credit to MR for modeling positive sibling relationships!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Thanks Cherkell for ratings. The locals must not watch cable TV. I am definitely liking the drama now.

• Like 3

This drama seems to be more popular internationally than locally. I stopped worrying about the ratings. I like the leads, i love their acting and I see their chemistry.   I just liked how they hugged at the lake (during the site trip). Can’t wait for the next episode!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MissKim1982 said:

This drama seems to be more popular internationally than locally. I stopped worrying about the ratings. I like the leads, i love their acting and I see their chemistry.   I just liked how they hugged at the lake (during the site trip). Can’t wait for the next episode!!

Thats why I be here to support this drama because its popular more than korea. I love all innocent and cuteness in this drama.. All together in just one drama. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Finally saw the episode, and there were plenty of cute moments in it for the OTP, even if it ended with DC becoming suddenly ill. I noticed that the preview that is shown at the end of the episode is slightly longer than the YT version that I had seen earlier. So, here is a translation of that longer preview plus some comments about it.

Preview for ep 12 from end of ep 11:

MR: Whatever happens, please save this person.
HY to Assoc. Professor: Those two people, are they in great danger?
DC to MR: Holding hands like this, and meeting up, and being happy together is all good, but I don’t want to be sick together. (meaning he doesn’t want MR to be sick like him)
Assoc. Prof to MR: I think Mi Ran-sshi is going to start showing symptoms soon.
MR to Assoc Prof: Are you saying that if it goes wrong, that we can even die?
DC to MR: Why would we die? We absolutely will not die like this!
DC to HY: Why did you meet Lee Young Do? Please stop this right now.
HR: You have to go through this as well. Having your heart race crazily for that one person, how much anguish that can be.
DC to MR: Why did you come outside?
MR to DC: Because I wanted to see you.  Our situation is so particular, I don’t know what is going to happen to us or when.

As for ep 11, we finally get some answers on what is happening with the Chairman and his frozen twin. As already sussed, the frozen twin is the actual Chairman (Lee Seok Do), and his twin (Lee Young Do) who had been raised as a hidden twin is the one masquerading as the Chairman twin. HY figures it out actually and approaches LYD to make a deal, though we're not shown what the deal is that was struck, if any. While HY is jealous to the extreme, I wonder if she's really willing to harm DC or MR out of her spite. It's implied that LYD has been getting rid of people who could identify him as not being the Chairman including the Chairman's secretary and wife.

DC finally takes DJ in hand, telling her that she's a precious little sister to him, always has been and is still, and that he hopes she will consider herself precious as well rather than wasting it on men who aren't good enough for her. Then we get a bit of DJ getting her cut into a more chic style, and cleaning up her soju bottles as she chants to herself that she is precious. I actually hope that this is the wrap up of that arc. DC trying to be a big brother to his little brother and sister are fine, but they feel a bit disjointed from the rest of the drama. Just the visual joke alone of the younger looking DC being big brother to his much more aged looking siblings forces the comedy to become broad. It's still a bit ridiculous, even with the montage of DC's younger brother and MR's friend morphing temporarily in DC and MR's eyes into their younger selves.

What still works is MR and DC together. DC's little jealousy of JH spilling into pettiness was funny, though the scene where JH confronts his father about having dated MR was not as JH's eyes and demeanor conveyed his dismay that his first love was also his father's first love, and JH's despondence that there really was no hope that MR was ever going to return his regard. But, as MR and DC exchange glances and little handholds, trying to be discreet, though not doing a terribly good job of it, it feels like a giddy, new love for the two of them. It also makes me note that DC is responding differently to MR than he had to HY back when he was dating HY. While DC didn't hide that he loved HY while they were dating, he seemed to be more into his own activities and ego while HY was ancillary to it.

DC is more solicitous and more caring of MR on many different levels, but driven by his own appreciation and desire to be with MR as much as an effort to please her. When DC and MR are in a scene together, almost everything else can be forgiven in terms of story, pacing, etc., because they are so achingly sweet and sincere with each other.

Anyway, I assume that DC and MR will finally figure out how to normalize their life together as a couple in love.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, MissKim1982 said:

They already know about their sick and feel worried each others.. 

I want to cry look them.. 

• Like 2

Hug scene... Feel sad to them.. Serious I dont know what they are talking..

But its that scene Goblin ask to fight.. Lol

• Like 4

Wow get action car scene.. Still about talking about twins.. 

Yeah jealous scene again.. 

• Like 2

Too many talking..I need to wait the sub but I think they worried about their sickness or pain. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, shynaz said:

Too many talking..I need to wait the sub but I think they worried about their sickness or pa

Spoiler

M0E1Srq.png

mOLT6qv.png

TmdjoTM.png

RWexcG4.png

hzJonDO.png

pN9eOKl.png

b4IMovB.png

• Like 3

I still dont know what happen to professor.. And who is stranger guy.. Lucky the police on time

I think they find the cure.. 

• Like 2

Wow the ending.. DC revealed.. Wow.. Finally everyone know what happen actually.. They already know twins.. 

Yeah DC..

And where its preview?? 

Notes..why I think the writer its different from early and latest episode.. 

• Like 3

LOL 

this! they both know each other secret

4QGHh6x.png

Spoiler

oHfATxh.png

NHuOl2Q.png

h5CXLu8.png

FPObEKY.png

She calling DC,to confess, just on time ?!

Fvfplxn.png

Spoiler

OZVnvc9.png

NzIuje1.png 

0jsfeQq.png OTDEQoe.png

Vf3aBoz.png

Solutions?

PtTmEE2.png

Spoiler

0DcuOmg.png

iSqYbq4.png

lxvu9Pz.png