Jump to content

[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오


liltash85

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, laura Washington said:

 

I think he's gotten more handsome as he aged. If that's possible

So true!  Everytime he reaches a personal milestone (new movie or drama, going into or coming out of the military) I think that what he has achieved and how he "lives" it can't possibly be topped.....but then he goes right ahead and tops it; and this includes his looks.  What a visual boon this drama is for Ji Chang Wook fans.

 

22 hours ago, laura Washington said:

what I really like about him is he did not let his looks define him. He is one of the best Korean actors they have, but he could hold his own anywhere. 

Well said.  I wish I'd said it.....I may borrow it from time to time.:innocent:  (but I will give you credit)

 

Another visual offering from a past episode.

swimmerbackgroundwithsleeksealinsert.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Ratings] "Melting Me Softly" 9 November Episode 13:

Nielsen Korea: 1.774% National (+.152%)*; 1.491% Seoul (previous N/A)
TNMS: 1.8% (+.20%)*

 

*Both ratings put MMS at NUMBER ONE in the pay-cable category for the 9 November daily ratings!!! :love:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cherkell said:

*Both ratings put MMS at NUMBER ONE in the pay-cable category for the 9 November daily ratings!!! :love:

YAY!!  It was just a matter of time.....Chang Wook ALWAYS brings it home.

 

On 11/8/2019 at 9:36 PM, laura Washington said:

what I really like about him is he did not let his looks define him. He is one of the best Korean actors they have, but he could hold his own anywhere

Quoting this for the second time because, probably, when @laura Washingtonposted this statement she could not possibly have seen this scene from Episode 13 on Saturday, 11-9.  I hadn't seen it either when I quoted her statement, but I wonder if this isn't the kind of thing she was talking about:

looks-dont-define-him.gif

 

I hope I'm not putting words in her mouth or distorting her thoughts, but this GIF shows what I think she means.  There was also a similar event in his movie Fabricated City in 2017.  See under the spoiler.

Spoiler

ezgif.com-fabcityeatingscene.gif

It is a powerful and poignant scene where he is literally rescued by the young lady across from him,  and gave me goosebumps when I first saw it.  Ji Chang Wook just disappeared into the miserable, almost-defeated  and grateful character of Kwon Yoo.  

Is it just me, or is this drama filled with "easter egg" type situations that pay homage to JCW?  Nah, it's probably just me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My take on the drama till ep13.

There are all kinds of dramas... One that excited you in the beginning but goes downhill somewhere in the middle, one that is awesome but crash lands in the last episode, one that shines through out, one that grows on you slowly and steadly

MMS for me is of the last kind. One that you love more and more after each episode passes. The initial episodes were a little haphazardly managed, but the drama managed to put that in the past and is becoming more beautiful and thought provoking. A drama which improves overtime is 100 times better than one that goes downhill. So I am really really happy for MMS.

I really loved how the various characteres are changing for the better. Even the annoying Byeom Shim redeemed himself when he decided to take a step back in consideration of his son. 

And one of the most beautiful scenes in this drama was when Dong Chan assures Dong Ju that she is his precious little sister.

And again in ep.13, I loved the talk between Dong Chan and Ha Young. This clears up many things and gives an essential closure to Dong Chan and also us audience. Finally we get to hear what was in Dong Chan's mind. We get to see explicitly how Ha Young's betrayal affected Dong Chan. Till now this was not elucidated, as Dong Chan seems to be the type to hide his sorrows deep within. 

He is headstrong and the type to do what he thinks is right, without much thoughts about consequences or spend long periods mulling over things.

This trait is again reinforced by how abruptly he decided to resign, without discussing it with anyone.

So when he felt betrayed by Ha Young, he left her not looking back. But he was definitely bothered by her reasons for the betrayal. And finally Ha Young offers up some kind of explanation.

Now since Mi Ran has witnessed Ha Young hugging him, she will be angry at him. And I am looking forward to how DC will win her back. Till now DC seems to be having easy romances. Both Ha Young and Mi Ran fell for him easy enough and he didn't have to do any pursuing. So now I want to see him put some effort into getting back Mi Ran.

 

@Mai Stars I also really loved JCW's take as the currently unemployed bum.

And this is my personal opinion. I like him more in scenes like these.. showing raw human behaviour and without much make up. I think his potential as an actor shows in these kinds of scenes. Ofcourse when he is doing the cool roles, and all suited up, he shines very bright. But what made me JCW fan was the range of his acting ability, how quickly he can shift from one emotion to another, or transform from one personality to next one. This was so much evident in his character roles in Empress Ki and Healer. 

So it was very refreshing when he transformed from a flawless PD to an unemployed son getting lectured by the family. I was really happy after watching that scene.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

http://See this Instagram photo by @meltingmesoftly_tvn: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4qhJQIJ6Eb/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

 

I cannot sit still looking at this screen shot.  Is anyone one the same ship as me?  I find it EXTREMELY hot with this scene, how his hands wraps and interlacing the fingers around her waist?   

 

Other people might have feet fetish, but I think I might have JCW's veiny arms/wrists/hands.  I find them super masculine and sexy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, aqua_JCW said:

My take on the drama till ep13.

There are all kinds of dramas... One that excited you in the beginning but goes downhill somewhere in the middle, one that is awesome but crash lands in the last episode, one that shines through out, one that grows on you slowly and steadly

MMS for me is of the last kind. One that you love more and more after each episode passes. The initial episodes were a little haphazardly managed, but the drama managed to put that in the past and is becoming more beautiful and thought provoking. A drama which improves overtime is 100 times better than one that goes downhill. So I am really really happy for MMS.

I really loved how the various characteres are changing for the better. Even the annoying Byeom Shim redeemed himself when he decided to take a step back in consideration of his son. 

And one of the most beautiful scenes in this drama was when Dong Chan assures Dong Ju that she is his precious little sister.

And again in ep.13, I loved the talk between Dong Chan and Ha Young. This clears up many things and gives an essential closure to Dong Chan and also us audience. Finally we get to hear what was in Dong Chan's mind. We get to see explicitly how Ha Young's betrayal affected Dong Chan. Till now this was not elucidated, as Dong Chan seems to be the type to hide his sorrows deep within. 

He is headstrong and the type to do what he thinks is right, without much thoughts about consequences or spend long periods mulling over things.

This trait is again reinforced by how abruptly he decided to resign, without discussing it with anyone.

So when he felt betrayed by Ha Young, he left her not looking back. But he was definitely bothered by her reasons for the betrayal. And finally Ha Young offers up some kind of explanation.

Now since Mi Ran has witnessed Ha Young hugging him, she will be angry at him. And I am looking forward to how DC will win her back. Till now DC seems to be having easy romances. Both Ha Young and Mi Ran fell for him easy enough and he didn't have to do any pursuing. So now I want to see him put some effort into getting back Mi Ran.

 

@Mai Stars I also really loved JCW's take as the currently unemployed bum.

And this is my personal opinion. I like him more in scenes like these.. showing raw human behaviour and without much make up. I think his potential as an actor shows in these kinds of scenes. Ofcourse when he is doing the cool roles, and all suited up, he shines very bright. But what made me JCW fan was the range of his acting ability, how quickly he can shift from one emotion to another, or transform from one personality to next one. This was so much evident in his character roles in Empress Ki and Healer. 

So it was very refreshing when he transformed from a flawless PD to an unemployed son getting lectured by the family. I was really happy after watching that scene.

 

 

Oh darn you just made me go back and watch Empress KI for the 15th time :lol:. And yes he is an excellent actor. And your right he needs to put in more effort to get MR back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to get something off my chest about the Soompi MMS articles posted. I love reading the articles but my hair stands up when I read the fans' responses. The negativity is insane! I hope JCW doesn't read it! I agree with the fans that say if MMS is not your type of drama, don't watch it or respond to the articles. Okay, about episode 14, I watched it with very little of the subtitles but I cheated a little by reading dramamilk's summary. What happened to the police brother-in-law when he got out of the car to check on the police car following DC? I still do not trust this character's sincerity. Also why did MR's friend change her mind on the divorce? How can 2 smart doctors develop the remedy for DC & MR temperature problem WITHOUT an antidote (maybe we'll find out in the next episode). They stand by the bedside watching the blood pressure increase while DC clutches his chest. Can't wait to watch the episode with subtitles so I can understand what MR said to change DC's family view of her. I also want to add that I still drool when JCW wears suits. His physique makes perfection!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought a lot about writing it down ....

 

It was the worst written jealousy scene I've ever seen.
It has nothing to do with reality or the character's personality.
The location is unbelievable (serious debate in the workplace corridor  ???)
Was the scene written by a man?
The woman wants to get information from a guy and after the second sentence puts the "gun" in the guy's hand (shoot me) !!!!!!!!

She cried all night, then accepted that the guy wouldn't explain.
KM worries that the guy's only guilty about him ...
Is it reassuring that your boy doesn't even know what he likes in her?

Before, every scene was so focused, now it's like someone would reach in (hurry)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure Go MiRan will be frozen again. In 1999 she wore a sleeveless tank top. And on the early part of episode 10 where written 21 Dec 2021, she wore a silver short sleeve shirt. But what drives she participates in frozen human project again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, liltash85 said:

I am pretty sure Go MiRan will be frozen again. In 1999 she wore a sleeveless tank top. And on the early part of episode 10 where written 21 Dec 2021, she wore a silver short sleeve shirt. But what drives she participates in frozen human project again?

 

I share the same thought!!  I have this sad feeling that she will break DC's heart with her decision to be in the freezing capsule again. 

 

1)  The scene where they were chatting on the bed -- MR mentioned if she would be frozen again, and asks DC to promise her that he will not be frozen with her -- is a foreshadow to that will happen.

   

2)  The scene where DC's quasi-proposing to her with the couple-set matching watches, and MR said she will marry him when she turns 30.   For some reasons, I feel like she is being serious about the comment and it might happen that DC will have to wait for her until then!! 

 

Usually I get excited after each weekend and look forward to the next upcoming Saturdays/Sundays ... but I feel extremely sad knowing next weekend it will be our last weekend with our sweet JCW!  :(

 

 

21 hours ago, perszepanni said:

I thought a lot about writing it down ....

 

It was the worst written jealousy scene I've ever seen.
It has nothing to do with reality or the character's personality.
The location is unbelievable (serious debate in the workplace corridor  ???)
Was the scene written by a man?
The woman wants to get information from a guy and after the second sentence puts the "gun" in the guy's hand (shoot me) !!!!!!!!

She cried all night, then accepted that the guy wouldn't explain.
KM worries that the guy's only guilty about him ...
Is it reassuring that your boy doesn't even know what he likes in her?

Before, every scene was so focused, now it's like someone would reach in (hurry)

 

I totally hear your points!  I was actually okay with his explanation and her reactions for two reasons:

 

1) It builds on trust.  I think MR trusts that DC is being sincere about his "friendship" with the ex.  She trusts him when he tells her that they were able to "clear out a misunderstanding" and that it's over, and that he calls her "a friend".  Furthermore, MR respects his decisions of not sharing the details on the conversation because it is his privacy and his past before her.  He is entitled to keep that part personally to himself.  Now, it's his present is with MR (and moving to the future together), so why bother knowing more of the past when she is not part of it, and just focus on the presence together.  Jealousy can kill the cat.    ::: I personally know this situation very well because I had dealt with my own husband's past relationships and we have the same exact conversation.  From my experience, jealousy is not that great:::

 

2) I find that DC has shown her how he likes/loves her in numerous ways without having to say "I like you because x, y, and x".  I like the way DC explains that he didn't fall her at first sight, which is very realistic.  I find it very endearing that he shows how he cares by his thoughtful (and practical) gifts to make her life safer, easier, and better -- starting with upgrading her phones, that FitBit for her heart rates/temperatures, safety taser, and my most favorite is the proposal watches. I also love how DC always makes sure her temperatures is stable, even when risking his life for her.  :wub:  There are Five Languages of Love.  Gift giving/act of services are two of them.  These languages are often silent and cannot be articulate into words.  But the story does show DC adores her!  So I'd accept his explanation for her in that scene too. 

 

Just my two cents. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, luckionesky said:

 

I share the same thought!!  I have this sad feeling that she will break DC's heart with her decision to be in the freezing capsule again. 

 

1)  The scene where they were chatting on the bed -- MR mentioned if she would be frozen again, and asks DC to promise her that he will not be frozen with her -- is a foreshadow to that will happen.

   

2)  The scene where DC's quasi-proposing to her with the couple-set matching watches, and MR said she will marry him when she turns 30.   For some reasons, I feel like she is being serious about the comment and it might happen that DC will have to wait for her until then!! 

 

Usually I get excited after each weekend and look forward to the next upcoming Saturdays/Sundays ... but I feel extremely sad knowing next weekend it will be our last weekend with our sweet JCW!  :(

 

 

 

I totally hear your points!  I was actually okay with his explanation and her reactions for two reasons:

 

1) It builds on trust.  I think MR trusts that DC is being sincere about his "friendship" with the ex.  She trusts him when he tells her that they were able to "clear out a misunderstanding" and that it's over, and that he calls her "a friend".  Furthermore, MR respects his decisions of not sharing the details on the conversation because it is his privacy and his past before her.  He is entitled to keep that part personally to himself.  Now, it's his present is with MR (and moving to the future together), so why bother knowing more of the past when she is not part of it, and just focus on the presence together.  Jealousy can kill the cat.    ::: I personally know this situation very well because I had dealt with my own husband's past relationships and we have the same exact conversation.  From my experience, jealousy is not that great:::

 

2) I find that DC has shown her how he likes/loves her in numerous ways without having to say "I like you because x, y, and x".  I like the way DC explains that he didn't fall her at first sight, which is very realistic.  I find it very endearing that he shows how he cares by his thoughtful (and practical) gifts to make her life safer, easier, and better -- starting with upgrading her phones, that FitBit for her heart rates/temperatures, safety taser, and my most favorite is the proposal watches. I also love how DC always makes sure her temperatures is stable, even when risking his life for her.  :wub:  There are Five Languages of Love.  Gift giving/act of services are two of them.  These languages are often silent and cannot be articulate into words.  But the story does show DC adores her!  So I'd accept his explanation for her in that scene too. 

 

Just my two cents. 

 I agree with you...

And I have also read that book... About five languages of love. It's a really good book and a total eyeopener. I will recommend it to everyone. It really makes us understand how we feel loved and how we love can be totally in different ways for different people.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my gosh! Thanks for the preview.  Now I cannot wait for this weekend. 

 

Looks like she escapes the assassin "police" scene but later on gets hurt again.  and this time it is in front of MC. His hands has blood as he holds onto her.  :cold_sweat:

 

Ahhh!!!  Saturday and Sunday will be a killer.  No pun intended. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShannonK said:

She was frozen in ep 10 on 2021-12-21. Will we get a cliche ending where they have to be apart for a full before the last 10 min of ep 16?. I really hope not. 

 

Oh nooo... I know what you mean.  I hope he doesn't have to wait "6 years" for her to be 30 years old to get married as their conversation sort of foreshadow in the scene of the "watch-proposal". :bawling:

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..