Quantcast
Jump to content
liltash85

[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

Recommended Posts

Is the writer trying to redeem HY character and make DC feel guilty? What will happen to Miran? Gosh, are they trying to let DC-Hy at the end???? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

Is the writer trying to redeem HY character and make DC feel guilty? What will happen to Miran? Gosh, are they trying to let DC-Hy at the end???? 

Tbh It's too late in the story for that, what this will do is give them better closure. I'm sure Dong Chan will still be with Mi Ran, he'll just have to really show her how he feels. This may be where that original episode summary comes in.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

Is the writer trying to redeem HY character and make DC feel guilty? What will happen to Miran? Gosh, are they trying to let DC-Hy at the end???? 

I think they’re just adding some “exciting anxiety” (for lack of a better term) as a little challenge for the audience. I doubt that it will be DC and HY at the end because DC and MR are really the main protagonists in this series. I also think that the clip is just a portion of what DC has to say to HY. Maybe after saying that he was left broken hearted thinking that HY did not look for him, he is still thankful because if not for that, he wouldn’t have realised how he felt for MR. I can be wrong though, but just like everyone else here, I am hoping that the leaked info about DC moving into MR’s rooftop is for real!!! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LavelyShai @MissKim1982 I hope so DC won’t be back to HY. But I am afraid Miran will take the Noble Idiocacy road coz seems like she will overhear the conversation. I don’t wanna say this but i have a feeling MR will volunteer to be in the frozen capsule again to save the professor. This may be Lee Hyung Du last card

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh! @LavelyShai@liltash85   I loved reading your thoughts on the chances of the Novel Idiocracy and how DC will have to do a bit of soul searching to know that he has moved on from his feelings for HY.  But then again I'm worried that this just create a few more hurdles that MR has to overcome in the relationship.

 

@MissKim1982 I wonder if moving to the to MR's home roof is real as it doesn't serve much of any purpose as too this late in the story already.   Please help me process how this can enhance the story....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, luckionesky said:

Ahh! @LavelyShai@liltash85   I loved reading your thoughts on the chances of the Novel Idiocracy and how DC will have to do a bit of soul searching to know that he has moved on from his feelings for HY.  But then again I'm worried that this just create a few more hurdles that MR has to overcome in the relationship.

 

@MissKim1982 I wonder if moving to the to MR's home roof is real as it doesn't serve much of any purpose as too this late in the story already.   Please help me process how this can enhance the story....

I think whether noble idiocy occurs will depend on the rest of that conversation and if Dong Chan will actually step up and tell her she has nothing to worry about. If he stands by his other statements and says he's not in love with Ha Young anymore, Mi Ran will need to hear this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still enjoying this drama so much, and have to thank all of you giving blow-by-blow descriptions!  I don't do well in that area....that you all excel in.....so I do what I can to contribute by way of digital art and interpretations.  I am not as up to speed as you all are right here.....I'm still stuck a few episodes back.  The "date" they had at the skating rink (of course, where else would they go where they could be cold and active at the same time?) when she explained how important her brother is to the equation.  Seeing Ji Chang Wook so casual on the ice brought back memories of Smile Donghae, 2010/2011 Drama where he played an Olympic Short Track Speed Skater, and really learned how to skate, like, well, an Olympian!  

 

ezgif.com-smiledonghaewithlogo.gifThat was then.......eyes on Number 11.

 

ezgif.commms-skating-with-logo.gifThis is now.  OK, he may have lost a step or two........ 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mai Stars said:

I am still enjoying this drama so much, and have to thank all of you giving blow-by-blow descriptions!  I don't do well in that area....that you all excel in.....so I do what I can to contribute by way of digital art and interpretations.  I am not as up to speed as you all are right here.....I'm still stuck a few episodes back.  The "date" they had at the skating rink (of course, where else would they go where they could be cold and active at the same time?) when she explained how important her brother is to the equation.  Seeing Ji Chang Wook so casual on the ice brought back memories of Smile Donghae, 2010/2011 Drama where he played an Olympic Short Track Speed Skater, and really learned how to skate, like, well, an Olympian!  

 

That was then.......eyes on Number 11.

 

This is now.  OK, he may have lost a step or two........ 

 

 

I think he's gotten more handsome as he aged. If that's possible, what I really like about him is he did not let his looks define him. He is one of the best Korean actors they have, but he could hold his own anywhere. 

 

I am also enjoying this drama very much.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, laura Washington said:

 

I think he's gotten more handsome as he aged. If that's possible

So true!  Everytime he reaches a personal milestone (new movie or drama, going into or coming out of the military) I think that what he has achieved and how he "lives" it can't possibly be topped.....but then he goes right ahead and tops it; and this includes his looks.  What a visual boon this drama is for Ji Chang Wook fans.

 

22 hours ago, laura Washington said:

what I really like about him is he did not let his looks define him. He is one of the best Korean actors they have, but he could hold his own anywhere. 

Well said.  I wish I'd said it.....I may borrow it from time to time.:innocent:  (but I will give you credit)

 

Another visual offering from a past episode.

swimmerbackgroundwithsleeksealinsert.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Ratings] "Melting Me Softly" 9 November Episode 13:

Nielsen Korea: 1.774% National (+.152%)*; 1.491% Seoul (previous N/A)
TNMS: 1.8% (+.20%)*

 

*Both ratings put MMS at NUMBER ONE in the pay-cable category for the 9 November daily ratings!!! :love:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week so busy cannot live streaming but I will have will do it for the next last episodes.. 

 

 

Now just enjoy.. Too many wi happen tonight episode based on preview. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cherkell said:

*Both ratings put MMS at NUMBER ONE in the pay-cable category for the 9 November daily ratings!!! :love:

YAY!!  It was just a matter of time.....Chang Wook ALWAYS brings it home.

 

On 11/8/2019 at 9:36 PM, laura Washington said:

what I really like about him is he did not let his looks define him. He is one of the best Korean actors they have, but he could hold his own anywhere

Quoting this for the second time because, probably, when @laura Washingtonposted this statement she could not possibly have seen this scene from Episode 13 on Saturday, 11-9.  I hadn't seen it either when I quoted her statement, but I wonder if this isn't the kind of thing she was talking about:

looks-dont-define-him.gif

 

I hope I'm not putting words in her mouth or distorting her thoughts, but this GIF shows what I think she means.  There was also a similar event in his movie Fabricated City in 2017.  See under the spoiler.

Spoiler

ezgif.com-fabcityeatingscene.gif

It is a powerful and poignant scene where he is literally rescued by the young lady across from him,  and gave me goosebumps when I first saw it.  Ji Chang Wook just disappeared into the miserable, almost-defeated  and grateful character of Kwon Yoo.  

Is it just me, or is this drama filled with "easter egg" type situations that pay homage to JCW?  Nah, it's probably just me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take on the drama till ep13.

There are all kinds of dramas... One that excited you in the beginning but goes downhill somewhere in the middle, one that is awesome but crash lands in the last episode, one that shines through out, one that grows on you slowly and steadly

MMS for me is of the last kind. One that you love more and more after each episode passes. The initial episodes were a little haphazardly managed, but the drama managed to put that in the past and is becoming more beautiful and thought provoking. A drama which improves overtime is 100 times better than one that goes downhill. So I am really really happy for MMS.

I really loved how the various characteres are changing for the better. Even the annoying Byeom Shim redeemed himself when he decided to take a step back in consideration of his son. 

And one of the most beautiful scenes in this drama was when Dong Chan assures Dong Ju that she is his precious little sister.

And again in ep.13, I loved the talk between Dong Chan and Ha Young. This clears up many things and gives an essential closure to Dong Chan and also us audience. Finally we get to hear what was in Dong Chan's mind. We get to see explicitly how Ha Young's betrayal affected Dong Chan. Till now this was not elucidated, as Dong Chan seems to be the type to hide his sorrows deep within. 

He is headstrong and the type to do what he thinks is right, without much thoughts about consequences or spend long periods mulling over things.

This trait is again reinforced by how abruptly he decided to resign, without discussing it with anyone.

So when he felt betrayed by Ha Young, he left her not looking back. But he was definitely bothered by her reasons for the betrayal. And finally Ha Young offers up some kind of explanation.

Now since Mi Ran has witnessed Ha Young hugging him, she will be angry at him. And I am looking forward to how DC will win her back. Till now DC seems to be having easy romances. Both Ha Young and Mi Ran fell for him easy enough and he didn't have to do any pursuing. So now I want to see him put some effort into getting back Mi Ran.

 

@Mai Stars I also really loved JCW's take as the currently unemployed bum.

And this is my personal opinion. I like him more in scenes like these.. showing raw human behaviour and without much make up. I think his potential as an actor shows in these kinds of scenes. Ofcourse when he is doing the cool roles, and all suited up, he shines very bright. But what made me JCW fan was the range of his acting ability, how quickly he can shift from one emotion to another, or transform from one personality to next one. This was so much evident in his character roles in Empress Ki and Healer. 

So it was very refreshing when he transformed from a flawless PD to an unemployed son getting lectured by the family. I was really happy after watching that scene.

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://See this Instagram photo by @meltingmesoftly_tvn: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4qhJQIJ6Eb/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

 

I cannot sit still looking at this screen shot.  Is anyone one the same ship as me?  I find it EXTREMELY hot with this scene, how his hands wraps and interlacing the fingers around her waist?   

 

Other people might have feet fetish, but I think I might have JCW's veiny arms/wrists/hands.  I find them super masculine and sexy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, aqua_JCW said:

My take on the drama till ep13.

There are all kinds of dramas... One that excited you in the beginning but goes downhill somewhere in the middle, one that is awesome but crash lands in the last episode, one that shines through out, one that grows on you slowly and steadly

MMS for me is of the last kind. One that you love more and more after each episode passes. The initial episodes were a little haphazardly managed, but the drama managed to put that in the past and is becoming more beautiful and thought provoking. A drama which improves overtime is 100 times better than one that goes downhill. So I am really really happy for MMS.

I really loved how the various characteres are changing for the better. Even the annoying Byeom Shim redeemed himself when he decided to take a step back in consideration of his son. 

And one of the most beautiful scenes in this drama was when Dong Chan assures Dong Ju that she is his precious little sister.

And again in ep.13, I loved the talk between Dong Chan and Ha Young. This clears up many things and gives an essential closure to Dong Chan and also us audience. Finally we get to hear what was in Dong Chan's mind. We get to see explicitly how Ha Young's betrayal affected Dong Chan. Till now this was not elucidated, as Dong Chan seems to be the type to hide his sorrows deep within. 

He is headstrong and the type to do what he thinks is right, without much thoughts about consequences or spend long periods mulling over things.

This trait is again reinforced by how abruptly he decided to resign, without discussing it with anyone.

So when he felt betrayed by Ha Young, he left her not looking back. But he was definitely bothered by her reasons for the betrayal. And finally Ha Young offers up some kind of explanation.

Now since Mi Ran has witnessed Ha Young hugging him, she will be angry at him. And I am looking forward to how DC will win her back. Till now DC seems to be having easy romances. Both Ha Young and Mi Ran fell for him easy enough and he didn't have to do any pursuing. So now I want to see him put some effort into getting back Mi Ran.

 

@Mai Stars I also really loved JCW's take as the currently unemployed bum.

And this is my personal opinion. I like him more in scenes like these.. showing raw human behaviour and without much make up. I think his potential as an actor shows in these kinds of scenes. Ofcourse when he is doing the cool roles, and all suited up, he shines very bright. But what made me JCW fan was the range of his acting ability, how quickly he can shift from one emotion to another, or transform from one personality to next one. This was so much evident in his character roles in Empress Ki and Healer. 

So it was very refreshing when he transformed from a flawless PD to an unemployed son getting lectured by the family. I was really happy after watching that scene.

 

 

Oh darn you just made me go back and watch Empress KI for the 15th time :lol:. And yes he is an excellent actor. And your right he needs to put in more effort to get MR back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to get something off my chest about the Soompi MMS articles posted. I love reading the articles but my hair stands up when I read the fans' responses. The negativity is insane! I hope JCW doesn't read it! I agree with the fans that say if MMS is not your type of drama, don't watch it or respond to the articles. Okay, about episode 14, I watched it with very little of the subtitles but I cheated a little by reading dramamilk's summary. What happened to the police brother-in-law when he got out of the car to check on the police car following DC? I still do not trust this character's sincerity. Also why did MR's friend change her mind on the divorce? How can 2 smart doctors develop the remedy for DC & MR temperature problem WITHOUT an antidote (maybe we'll find out in the next episode). They stand by the bedside watching the blood pressure increase while DC clutches his chest. Can't wait to watch the episode with subtitles so I can understand what MR said to change DC's family view of her. I also want to add that I still drool when JCW wears suits. His physique makes perfection!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Ratings] "Melting Me Softly" 10 November Episode 14:

Nielsen Korea: 1.765% National (-.009%); 1.271% Seoul (-.22%)
TNMS: 1.8% (no change)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...