[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

6 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

She sounds quite bitter when talking using the dry flower figuratively.

I also thought that was an interesting way to think of how flowers are used.

By the way, this probably means nothing but the "flowers" in this picture are actually cotton bolls.  (Since I live in an area of the US where cotton is grown, I am familiar with what it looks like and I was surprised to see it used as a flower.)  Looks like the bolls are entwined with eucalyptus and possibly straw flower.  

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

There can be a lot of meaning to it..

There truly can be much meaning but I wasn't sure if the production team was thinking this way although I love hunting for little clues like this.

The cotton boll is actually a very useful flower because it is used to make cotton fabric so something that seems so simple is actually very necessary.  Eucalyptus has important uses when it comes to cleansing and healing; it is an antiseptic.   Both of those plants are appropriate for our female lead because she is the one who is most necessary to her family and the only one who is likely to be able to heal them.

Loved this week's episodes. Man I thought the eldest son had some what dignity but he threw my assumption to trashcan. That whole family is so messed up in a chaotic manner. I don't even understand them and ain't trying to either lol. I don't like the weird journalist ahjussi. Whenever he pops up on screen I feel like throwing things at him lol

Female lead is damn cool & badass. I love her!! 

caught up on this week's claypot steaming. hahahaha.. @Ameera Ali ~ there was no picasso grilling, only plenty of alcohol, bad drugs and some tea. so basically the menu was veg this week? ^_^hahahahah...... bad jokes aside

@Lawyerh ~ loved the tea cup scene in combination with the bus stop scene @Sushimi ~ even with the stills, you can feel the chemistry no? what I really liked is that both scenes aren't just random OTP scenes to soothe our fan hearts. they serve a purpose and show relationship progress. yeon do is struggling at that moment -- he has been acknowledged by ms han and for all purposes, it seems he has established himself as her kind of protege much to the puzzled expression of others but all of this comes at a cost. his soul. is he becoming a monster while trying to catch one? so the bus stop scene was both cute as well as emotional. he is able to open up to her how he is struggling and she comforts him even while getting his heart racing by calling him ugly. she doesn't have to touch his face but she is now comfortable enough to do it instinctively.

in the tea cup scene, he is comforting her and providing her with that support. for most of her life, she has been fighting alone and lonely. even previously, when he showed concern like at her grandfather's funeral, she brushes his hand off from her shoulder and basically kept a wall. now, we are at a point where she trusts him and feels comfortable with him to accept his touch and the assurance that he provides. she is willing to be open and let him in. so cute scenes that pack some great emotional moves. also liked the apology scene in the car -- they fought and quickly they made up also. :D

@ktcjdrama @Dyslexic heart  ~ felt bad for wan joon that he feels so miserable to run off to paris but wonder what is his big secret. his hands really started shaking when ms han mentioned the apartment. am not sure if he actually had a woman there. it is weird he has no relations with his wife when he gets up in the morning and stares at his sleeping wife. do men stare at a woman they have no interest in? or was he contemplating something? by the way, where was this dryer that @philosophie mentioned? I didn't see anything. was also wondering why he cut up the ticket and dumped it in the tub. some cleaning lady might find it and report it to TOP? guess that didn't happen, so okay.

at the end of this, I wonder if the siblings will end up getting close to each other even while everyone else self-destructs. thought it very cute that suh jin is like a baby duck and runs behind his big unnie seok hee. he reminds of her younger self hungering for connections and she sort of takes him under her wing. didn't expect wan soo to play under TOP orders by outing himself as suh jin's fake appa but the fella still cares deeply underneath all that alcohol. he is swirling pool of feeling and he is the one who openly talks to suh jin and seok hee as people.

7 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I guess them meeting each other is like a power plug moment. They recharge after being in a corrupted world which is draining them. 

awww, thats such a cute way of describing the bus stop scene. liked how he kept rubbing his cheeks afterwards as if his cells could still feel her touch. thought it would make an excellent ad for moisturizer. hahahah...

stealing gif from @Ameera Ali ~ now if they had this as PPL, we would all be buying this bottle no? ^_^

download&key=775eb8979886b436ebc392f6507

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

caught up on this week's claypot steaming. hahahaha.. @Ameera Ali ~ there was no picasso grilling, only plenty of alcohol, bad drugs and some tea. so basically the menu was veg this week? ^_^hahahahah...... bad jokes aside

Didn’t you see my brother & sister been prepared :joy::mrgreen:

5d865eb967ecc857793228.gif?download

No wonder generation of fishes are leaving :mrgreen:

5d86602f663c3919763099.gif?download

Just now, Ameera Ali said:

idn’t you see my brother & sister been prepared :joy:

was busy looking at the chef to see whether he is going to attack her right there and seduce her into an affair. maybe some kitchen romance will be next. , there will be some fish cooking most likely when he kisses her. ^_^.. 

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

from that angle I totally thought the bath plug was a hair dryer

I wondered if that was what you had seen.  It's all good anyway because you made us pay closer attention to that scene, and it could be important since we can see that Second Son was thinking of running away.  :)

3 hours ago, Sushimi said:

@Lmangla @ktcjdrama I think as our lawyer grow in power in TOP & with Ms Han liking him very much. Do you think she will bring him in, to the family private meetings that we typically see? Is that even a possibility? Because we know that he needs to grow but at the same time he can’t outshine Ms Han..so in what way can he gain when he become the TOP’s topshot..:huh:

I think if he grows he can manipulate things too? Like change up the will and give it to suk hee maybe? 

am curious about why she seems to like him because she seems very suspicious of him. so it might be a way of buttering him up to find out what his agenda is. or maybe she sees him as her younger self? she keeps harping about how TOP accommodates everyone as long as they have talent. when she finds he is adopted, she said something along those lines again and she said the same sentiment when she said she was going to hire him and everyone else on the team was like "but why?" hopefully, we will get some explanation behind how she thinks. as the dad said, it is difficult to understand her "with a capitalistic mindset" -- this means ms han is not motivated by typical things.

so have this idea in my head -- the reporter was wondering why yeon doo and seok hee are hanging out at prison and they suggested that maybe these two are secretly dating. so ms han already knows that they have gone clubbing together. so at some point, will they pretend to TOP they are dating in order to be able to hang out? ooh, fake contract relationship! ^_^

Since we are all playing What If, I will add mine to the frey. 

What if the second son is not the father's son? I don't trust the wife. She looks like the type that will lie for some type of inheritance and she is very determined to make her son the heir. I also thought it was interesting when she met with the guy from TOP and he tried to get her to sign over her shares, she flat out refused even though she herself reasoned that her son's shares were like her shares as well. It was like she needed some type of insurance. I think that is why she hates SH so much because SH is the only real true blooded heir.

Someone also commented [sorry I forgot the @] that they think the mother knows something else. I agree. I also believe that she probably knows something that she may think is insignificant, but it is actually a really big deal. I cannot wait for things to unfold. I think SH and lawyer should shake up TOP from the inside. Get ALL of the dirt on everybody, then bring them down, one by one.

@nubianlegalmind, I would love to see each member of the executive TOP team get their comeuppance by the end but I don’t want to get my hopes up. In fact, if indeed Ms. Han is successfully taken down, I only entertain a “modest” hope that she would receive a punishment befitting her crimes. Too often characters like hers get off far too easily especially when considering the crimes they committed against others. It would of course be nice if this show surprises me. When I think of what she did to Lawyer Heo’s mom, I can’t help wishing the same sentence on her if she’s ever dragged down from the God-like pedestal that she’s built for herself.

I just caught up with the latest episodes. May I just say how I looooove this show so much and Soo Hyang being such a badass female lead! I will need to finish the last 2 episodes until the next one airs. 

Also, I just paid the Graceful Family set a visit last Friday and met Soo Hyang. Got toured around the set too!

You can watch the full video here:

9 hours ago, mylovekge said:

Also, I just paid the Graceful Family set a visit last Friday and met Soo Hyang. Got toured around the set too!

Oh my goodness!  You got to see the infamous dinner table and Picasso's fish tank, too.  B)

Archived