[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

2 minutes ago, thistle said:

:lol:  I could wish!  :ph34r:  But, no, I'm just sitting here at home in my jammies early on a Friday morning, and not getting paid a single cent for thinking about KDramas.  Life is so unfair.  :P

Staying at home in your jammies, watching kdramas and not thinking about anything but kdramas seem like a nice life. Life is unfair indeed. :D

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ii panda said:

Staying at home in your jammies, watching kdramas and not thinking about anything but kdramas seem like a nice life. Life is unfair indeed. :D

Did you miss the part where I said I wasn't getting paid?  :lol:

56 minutes ago, Ruique said:

After watching Episode 10, I just came to say "WOWWW Author-nim" I'm impressed at this twist

With subs?  If there are subs out there, please give hope to those who are hopeless without subs!

12 minutes ago, ii panda said:

Yes, deliberately. Let's all pretend we only need happiness and don't need money in this world. :lol:

Pretend is good.  Really good.  Until your tummy starts rumbling because you're hungry.  ;)

However, the solid truth is that I would rather be poor and happy than to live like the Chaebols in any drama you care to name and especially like the crazy Mo Chaebols in Graceful Family.

So here’s the thing, I do think that Sh and TH/YD (ugh sidetracking but I know right @ the reporters?! Like mind your own business! Maybe pay attention to each other cause one of you is a double agent! Hahaha you seem to think you know everything but you guys know nothing of your coworkers) anyways these to need more back up! CNR seems to have left country based on what I saw on raw episode (we did get our scene of them eating with mr cute fan father so that was nice) and these reporters are untrustworthy, so who else is on their team?! They need more allies and a better plan (with plan b, c, Z cause even SH has surpassed ms ha (or Han?! I keep messing up her name with the step moms...other side note I know i keep diverting but while on the topic..I totally have to agree with everyone who suspects she has not so platonic feelings for the father). I do think her eldest oppa could be an ally. I am calling it-all the ‘funding’ he got for this recent movie is actually just saving up as much money as he can to go against these guys (at least I hope so) and his silly careless, debt ridden persona is just a mask.

Now dare i may ask about the second eldest? See I took a human sexuality in my college and a transgender as well as a transsexual came to discussion panel for a lecture. A transsexual man is a straight man that just enjoys cross dressing where as transgender woman Is a woman that was born as man but knew she was supposed to be woman and takes hormonal and surgical action to make those changes. See, we know the marriage was sexless (though they said that transgender isn’t linked to sexual orientation so no matter what gender they transition to, it doesn’t relate to what their preferences are) but that might not give any indication to what the second eldest secret is. There’s was also that ticket to France-I am not sure if maybe that has a clue to what is going on?

Has anyone else noticed Second Wife's choice of music when she has vanquished her enemies?  She has drinks at the bar and blasts I Have No Regrets at full volume. :lol:

I'm amused because Edith Piaf is not exactly role model material, no matter how famous her songs were.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:19 AM, thistle said:

Obviously he doesn't even like his wife enough to sleep with her, and he just wants to keep her under control.  Why was he so interested in her jewelry?  (unless, of course, he wants to wear it himself :P )

Well, I'm quoting myself but for good reason because, oh my goodness, I just realized that my first post on this thread totally called Second Son out.  I was right!  He did want to wear his wife's jewelry!  :lol:

49 minutes ago, thistle said:

Well, I'm quoting myself but for good reason because, oh my goodness, I just realized that my first post on this thread totally called Second Son out.  I was right!  He did want to wear his wife's jewelry!  :lol:

And she’s still a Virgin so you were right about them never sleeping together. Also seems like ms Han confirmed he he is transgender too..and gay possibly ? Hence why he wanted to go to Paris?

Ok I guess what I thought about Mo Wan Joon is right

Spoiler

he is a crossdresser that is why he steals his wife's jewelries and never touch her. The woman in the picture isn't someone he's cheating with, it's HIMSELF dressed as a woman!

I am looking forward to the old case to be revealed and the leads get their justice!

I'm not really into fashion that much but I'm really enjoying the great fashions in this drama. I look forward to seeing what  Im Soo-hyang is wearing in every new scene. I suspect Korean designers are well represented here. Who knows what fashion statements could be coming up with the latest cross-dressing twist. 

I agree her fashion is fabulous. And she has a great eye as well. The suit she got for him was good. I still wait for them to go actually go clubbing for real together haha.

While i am glad that the wife will definitely be much happy now and at least got some kind of deal it also irritates me a bit. It's this "at least she is human" while the rich behave like trash. No need to do anything about it because we all know they are the worse people. It's like that in every kdrama. And there is also this notion that she isnt supposed to get anything what wasnt hers. It would make her a gold digger etc. She should be happy with what she got knowing she is the better person. With that way of thinking there will never be an ecconomical change. In the end those dramas are always about retaining the status quo. They always glorify old money, it's about finding the rightful heir etc. 

Oh god i can't wait for some satisfying suffering for certain characters. And i hope we won't get that too late because i want some time to enjoy.

6 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Definitely love the interaction that they give to each other...how I wish I can get a delivery with notes and crackers in the box. How sweet. He even laughed when he received the text omo. Haha

their interactions were so cute. loved how she paused when she saw him in the suit she had bought for him while he was cutely doing a little sway trying to show that it was her suit that he was wearing. :love:

normally in other dramas, it is the guy who fights the idea of love as they don't believe it but here seok hee doesn't believe in the idea of love itself. so it will be interesting to see if she melts when yeon do starts making the moves or whether she fights it as she doesn't trust the emotion. loved his little laugh and chuckle on seeing her message on his phone. wonder if ms han will see through yeon do because the guy can't seem to stop smiling when he talks about seok hee at times.

it is funny that the second wife seems to think that getting rid of suh jin and his mom to laos is a win. ironically, both the kid and the actress are happy and relieved and probably more at peace. thought it was sweet that seok hee went to see them both off and they all had a last meal together. their little photo -- can someone take a screenshot or gif? @Ameera Ali? are there no stills of the cute OTP scenes?

am really liking the interactions between her and wan soo director. she remembers that he was the only one to comfort her when her mom died and give her a hug. hence, she is willing to bet on him even though outwards, he seems to be a failure. it seemed to surprise him that someone remembered a small action of his even though it was so many years ago and still appreciate him for that. now it makes sense why he kept touch in with her and even visited her in NY. out of all the terrible people in this family, he is the only one who has some heart. however, in a den of vipers, it seemed only vipers were appreciated. it will be interesting to see if these wan soo and seok hee join hands and how she stands behind him.

wan joon seems to be a copy of his mother in some ways. cold, viper without any feeling for anyone except themselves. despite his talents, people in the board already see him as a puppet and recognize ms han as the true power behind the scenes. and it looked like his wife actually liked him on some level and so pushed through for 6 years in the hope of something. now ms han will enjoy toying with him as her puppet.

Archived