Quantcast
icyphoenix

[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

What I'm liking the most about this drama so far is that it is shaping up to be a battle between strong female characters all of whom are the real power brokers in this story. The  male characters are really just accessories to this point. The all powerful father has already been shown to have no leadership skills, deferring sheepishly to his insane second wife and to the twisted Ms Han. With a powerful female character poised to take over a traditional conglomerate, this story is rigtfully chipping away at the prevailing Confucian patriarchy so prevelant in Korean society. Interestingly, the grandfather patriarch is on board with this undoing. Just my impression, but I see Im Soo Hyang as a gutsy actress who champions justice and human rights, especially for women, so she is perfect for this role. I predict that the violinist will get her $5000, and then some, before the series concludes.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

Man that fish lived a better life than me lol. I love the spunk in FL, she's just so damn cool plus that red dress looks gorgeous on her. Next episode will be fun to watch. I'm excited!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

@Lmangla Thank you for clearing a few things up for me.  I think the most interesting piece of the puzzle will be who is it that MH answers too?  She is powerful she has proven that but I don't think she is the king or should I say the Queen,  at least not yet...

• Like 4

The drama really shows us how the top 0.001% people live. The smart, greedy and crazy people. It may seems ridicilous that a fish would be given such a funeral. As we saw even Yeon Do is shocked and the guy next to him said that although he has attended a few dogs funeral, it's also his first for a fish funeral. I like that every character is strong in this drama and not only the leads. The supporting casts is just as good and I love the pace too. Seok Hee may have lost to Ms Han because we know very well how smart Ms Han is but Seok Hee is not someone to give up. And in episode 7 , we will see the start of how both Seok Hee and Yeon Do go about investigating the death of her mother. The tease of episode 7 is already interesting.

Aside from that, I love Im Soo Hyang's fashion here. The clothes, shoes, handbags and jewelleries are all beautiful. Apparently I read somewhere some of the clothes were immediately sold out after Soo Hyang wore it in the drama. She looks good wearing all these clothes.

The above blouse is one of the many dresses she wore that was sold out.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Question for those watching this drama: Is there much romance? I'm looking to watch a mystery romance drama , but I'm wondering if this drama fits that or if it's more just a straight mystery drama and the 2 leads are partners rather than lovers. Any feedback is much appreciated.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

Question for those watching this drama: Is there much romance? I'm looking to watch a mystery romance drama , but I'm wondering if this drama fits that or if it's more just a straight mystery drama and the 2 leads are partners rather than lovers. Any feedback is much appreciated.

so far, there has been some small progression towards a kind of OTP in every episode. so, he confessed his secret and so she knows she can trust him and there is a kind of team work feel to both now. there have been little OTP moments like him trying to cheer her up when she is sad. he is already quite protective of her. so it looks like the focus will be on resolving the past and all the chess games with the villains but there will be some amount of gradual romance. check it out -- the drama is an easy, fun watch for me.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Soompiers, I started watching this drama and I am loving it. I see on the drama info that it airs on Wed and Thursdays but I don't see it in any website for today's episode. Did it not air today? Thank you for your answer!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hell59 said:

Hello Soompiers, I started watching this drama and I am loving it. I see on the drama info that it airs on Wed and Thursdays but I don't see it in any website for today's episode. Did it not air today? Thank you for your answer!

There was a note at Viki stating the drama won't air this week because of Chuesok holiday. So, no episodes this week. Drama will resume next Wedesday, Sept. 18

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

There was a note at Viki stating the drama won't air this week because of Chuesok holiday. So, no episodes this week. Drama will resume next Wedesday, Sept. 18

Thank you for the info!

• Like 7

Some of the still cuts from Graceful Family. She looks so sexy and gorgeous. Have to wait for next week to continue with episode 7 & 8 because of Chuseok Holidays this week.

Happy Chuseok Holidays from Graceful Family team.

• Like 4

I love her gown, shoes and accessories here. So sharing with you chingus some information about how much all these are worth.

• Like 7

I've played Black Diamond several dozen times already, and now have to wait another week. Arrghhh!! LOL... Happy Chuseok Holidays, y'all!

Edited by Jonah Kyle
OOPS, someone posted the delay, so changed the message
  • Like 4

Hi to all of you Graceful soompiers!! (waving to @Lmangla)

Finally have time to post some thoughts here...

What can I say? I love the makjangness of this drama! Hooked in an instant and finished binging all 6 episodes in less than 24 hours... now I'm left with the agony of waiting...

Best loved character gotta be Seok Hee. Someone shared the clip of her in the Hanbok store and I immediately fell in love with her. I wonder how she and Yoon Do going to fight TOP, which has proven to be so effective and efficient in everything they do. Who will be on their side? Would the prosecutor father and son help them? By now she has signed the waiver of her management right. How will she get the company back?

I am sure Yoon Do will join TOP officially so as to have access to the investigation file on their mothers case. I can only hope there won't be any misunderstanding between SH and YD. I want them to be always working together in the background. No one from TOP needs to know they're working together. And I imagine only if YD is in TOP then he can find the weakness and succeed to beat TOP together with SH.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Actually I feel this Ms. Han might have more background story (could be some sad/sobbing story), as why shes like desperately need a power? She looks very close with the Grandpa before. And she was a very honest & upright judge before. I wonder what make her suddenly snap and turn into evil? 

She just give Seok Hee sinister smile and saying her theory that shes a king master is interesting. So im not sure is she agree with that or totally disregard her theory. 

And lastly, I think Lawyer Heo will be the downfall of her. Shes like kind of quite softie towards him. Is she projecting her younger self into him? When she was honest & upright? Let's see when shes finally disclosing him as the maid's son.

Extra

*Bye Piccaso, u look great on that box!

ufX7UMv.jpg

• LOL 9

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Extra

*Bye Piccaso, u look great on that box!

if it wasn't for the flowers, I would think "buffet table where you choose fish for cooking?" hahahahhaha...

waving hello to @ktcjdrama.. now waiting for @Ameera Ali to pop in and entertain us with gifs!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

if it wasn't for the flowers, I would think "buffet table where you choose fish for cooking?" hahahahhaha...

waving hello to @ktcjdrama.. now waiting for @Ameera Ali to pop in and entertain us with gifs!

Maybe they could have put a tux on him as well... hmm? :P 

• LOL 5

Finally I catch up :wub:

I couldn’t sleep before come to the thread finally join you guy:joy: 

@Lawyerh @ktcjdrama he look good in that box 

But I just remembered see that  :joy:the old expression : revenge is a dish best served cold [ or 5d7c35570c3e5023308046.gif?download ]

I understand our girl is hurt , family are horrible 

but to do what she did to poor Piccaso , it’s unbelievable  :mrgreen:

What happen few hours back :joy:

5d7c3468c602c851424275.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 9