Jump to content

[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가


icyphoenix
 Share

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, lu09 said:

On Wednesday, the subs come out on time but Thursday is always a problem. 

 

I started this drama late (binged on it last weekend) so I didn't know.  How frustrating!  

It's definitely Ms. Han behind this translation travesty.  TOP is at work on the interwebs.  :P

  • LOL 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, thistle said:

 

I started this drama late (binged on it last weekend) so I didn't know.  How frustrating!  

It's definitely Ms. Han behind this translation travesty.  TOP is at work on the interwebs.  :P

Gosh darn you ms Han! Can’t you let this go just once ?!

 

but for reals..if I was SH I would use my chaebol connections to find out who has a grudge against TOP and use their thirst for revenge to help make a break through in my moms case

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Yeah, to me she is exactly like TOP. She is using people for gains to beat the family and her taunting Ms Han..to me isn’t really the ‘right’ way to fight..she should use her name to fight clever..like what you said.

 

she should really fight quietly and not taunt Ms Han...

 

EP10 not subbed yet and they finally answered why the second Son wants to leave/why he doesn’t like his Wife etc:o:crazy:

Hello I'm new so forgive me if I butt in. I have a different opinion on her using people like TOP does. Her using them is symbiotic unlike TOP where they throw people under the bus when they become useless or they become a liability. But you are right about fighting quietly... unless she does it to divert attention from another bigger plan. Another thing, SH and YD seem to lack coordination. They need better teamwork.

  • Like 8
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ii panda said:

Hello I'm new so forgive me if I butt in. I have a different opinion on her using people like TOP does. Her using them is symbiotic unlike TOP where they throw people under the bus when they become useless or they become a liability. But you are right about fighting quietly... unless she does it to divert attention from another bigger plan. Another thing, SH and YD seem to lack coordination. They need better teamwork.

Welcome to the thread!! And to soompi too!! :) 

Please feel free to share your thoughts here. We love to have more and more people watching and discussing this drama. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I find Director Han interesting. She looks like she might be in her 50's. She isn't married, doesn't have any children, she doesn't have a significant other and she doesn't appear to have any friends. TOP is literally her ENTIRE life. That makes her vulnerable to me because she has nothing else to fall back on. She has no interpersonal relationships and she has such an incessant need for power, for revenge and for control that I imagine if her day in and day out routine is shaken up even a little bit, she would become unhinged.

true. rather than getting jail, it will be a tough pill to swallow for her to lose TOP and that itself will be a bigger punishment.. she keeps saying that her motivation is to ensure that MC group does not fall but who exactly does MC group belongs to in her opinion? she seems to have no problem hurting, manipulating pretty much everyone in the family who own the actual company and it does not look she cares one whit about the employees either....

 

13 hours ago, thistle said:

I think you've got her pegged exactly.  I've also wondered about her unsettling relationship with Mr. Mo. 

does anyone ever wonder if she looked at mr. mo as a man and wanted him to appreciate her as a woman? but since that didn't happen, she simply became his right hand? that could explain how she jumped ship from grandfather to him... rather than stepmom ha, keep thinking it might be ms han who is actually behind the murder of seok hee's mom.

 

while ep 9 was mostly about the brothers, it was interesting to learn bit more about wan soo, the director. think he plays alcoholic when in actuality he is someone who can hold his liquour and is well aware of what is going on around him. he purposely plays the fool so that others around including ms han dismiss him. it was interesting watching him interact with her in the office -- he plays drunk and stumbles on the sofa but the moment, he is out of her office, his back is straight, there is a glint in his eye and he walks with a steady purpose. rather than the company, he just wants to be taken seriously and not be dismissed. but at the same time, he is willing to use the fact that people don't take him seriously as a defense mechanism to protect himself. he knows that he is alone. even more than seok hee. so it will be interesting to see him finally shake off the slumber and make his moves -- he will possibly be a big surprise for TOP.

 

  • Insightful 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sushimi said:

meanwhile...Tae Ho looks good as always. :joy::love: I want to see him more in terms of progression to get to the case. Feel like they momentary just stopped there. Not moving too much. Or just taking baby steps.

yea, he was hardly there in ep 9 but there was an interesting throwaway comment when he talked to his friend eun ji. he said that there are rumours about him and seok hee and so she shouldn't talk to reporters. can see that snowballing later to a relationship even before there is one. hahahah...

 

by the way, why do you keep saying tae ho when his name is now yeon do. I keep getting confused..as it is, I keep forgetting the names of everyone else in the family...  :sweatingbullets:

  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ii panda said:

Hello I'm new so forgive me if I butt in. I have a different opinion on her using people like TOP does. Her using them is symbiotic unlike TOP where they throw people under the bus when they become useless or they become a liability. But you are right about fighting quietly... unless she does it to divert attention from another bigger plan. Another thing, SH and YD seem to lack coordination. They need better teamwork.

 

Welcome.  I like it when people have different ideas because it helps me to think about different aspects of the drama.  

 

One thing your post made me think about is why SH and YD lack coordination and why they fight differently:  it's their different personal experiences.

 

In all of her life since her mother died, SH has not had one person she could trust.  She has been viciously and deliberately isolated.  She wasn't even allowed to have the same housemaid for more than a week.  She has never been able to form true bonds with anyone because she only had herself to rely on; everyone else had their knives pointed at her.  SH has no experience when it comes to teamwork, to family, to love.

 

On the other hand, when YD was at his lowest point, he was rescued by his stepfather.  Stepfather (whose name I don't know) has been his strongest support, most reliable ally, and best friend.  They work together.  Sometimes dad is stronger, sometimes son.  They pay attention to one another's interests (like Dad's fascination with actress CNR [aka Third Wife]).  It isn't exactly a normal family relationship but YD knows what love is and he understands trust.

 

YD knows that he needs other people and he understands that they can be hurt.  SH doesn't have a clue; she only knows anger and revenge.  It's gonna take something something big to turn those two into a working team.

 

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I keep forgetting the names of everyone else in the family...  :sweatingbullets:

 

I'm awful at recalling Korean names and there are so many people in this drama with such confusing relationships that I have difficulty, too.  That's why I keep saying First Son, Second Wife, etc., or I'd have no idea who they are!  :blink:  At least I could remember Picasso.  :P  I kinda miss that fish.

 

 

.............and there are still no subs.  Major pouting continues.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, thistle said:

I'm awful at recalling Korean names and there are so many people in this drama with such confusing relationships that I have difficulty, too.  That's why I keep saying First Son, Second Wife, etc., or I'd have no idea who they are!  :blink:  At least I could remember Picasso.  :P  I kinda miss that fish.

kekekke.... after a few seasons, the only thing we will remember from this drama is picasso and fish funeral. :joy:...

 

 

  • LOL 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lmangla said:

kekekke.... after a few seasons, the only thing we will remember from this drama is picasso and fish funeral. :joy:...

 

 

 

I actually worried a bit when they showed the fish corpse, and I wondered if they had killed the actor fish for real.  Let's hope that the real Picasso still lives!  :D

  • LOL 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekekke.... after a few seasons, the only thing we will remember from this drama is picasso and fish funeral. :joy:...

 

 

So true lol:joy::mrgreen:. That fish will never be forgotten:thumbsup::joy:.

 

Include Second brother/daughter........... He won't be forgotten as well lol. 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's an interesting theory in MDL...that Ms. Han is actually preparing the "throne" for Mo Suk-Hee and that she's on the latter's side all along. Interesting theory but I wouldn't like this plot twist. I'd rather see Mo Suk-Hee lose than get help from Ms. Han's filthy hands. Lol

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@lu09 ~ am only going to be remembering the fish. no one beats picasso in this drama. :lol:

@thistle ~ assumed that it was plastic fish at the funeral. basically the signs of freshness when you buy fish -- glistening scales, not clouded eyes -- well that was there. there was no ice and funeral was in the sun. technically, that would be a bad way to hold fish funeral.... am thinking too much. :sweatingbullets:

  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Pwahaha then what do you name Father Mo as? (I honestly could not remember their names) so..Father Heo, Father Mo, Grandpa Mo...er Han’s workers..(that one I really had to search it up online) :joy: 

 

I think I called him Mr. Mo once because I didn't know what else to call him.  :P:lol:

 

And maybe the workers are Han's Hands?  :ph34r:

 

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

thistle ~ assumed that it was plastic fish at the funeral. basically the signs of freshness when you buy fish -- glistening scales, not clouded eyes -- well that was there. there was no ice and funeral was in the sun. technically, that would be a bad way to hold fish funeral.... am thinking too much. :sweatingbullets:

 

Good observation.  I wouldn't have thought of that.  I'm vegetarian so I have never bought fish for food.

 

Plastic! Not good for the environment but a lifesaver in this case.  Thank goodness.  Picasso lives!

  • LOL 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thistle said:

Plastic! Not good for the environment but a lifesaver in this case.  Thank goodness.  Picasso lives!

. bad of me but I also thought if they put plastic fish at the funeral and then cooked him somewhere in the kitchen.... ^_^... kind of waste of fish to just throw away if you are not going to grill...

  • LOL 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

. bad of me but I also thought if they put plastic fish at the funeral and then cooked him somewhere in the kitchen.... ^_^... kind of waste of fish to just throw away if you are not going to grill...

 

I got curious and went searching for information.  

 

It appears that Picasso is (I refuse to believe he is dead) a particular type of koi called Platinum Ogon, and quite valuable.  

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, thistle said:

 

YD knows that he needs other people and he understands that they can be hurt.  SH doesn't have a clue; she only knows anger and revenge.  It's gonna take something something big to turn those two into a working team.

 

So true. SH seems flustered about her newfound emotion (love and trust, perhaps?) towards YD. At this point, not even marriage can make them work together seamlessly. lol. I think YD's levelheadedness makes him better at making decisions (vs SH's impulsiveness) but SH is the dominant type so...

 

26 minutes ago, thistle said:

I'm awful at recalling Korean names and there are so many people in this drama with such confusing relationships that I have difficulty, too.  That's why I keep saying First Son, Second Wife, etc., or I'd have no idea who they are!  :blink:  At least I could remember Picasso.  :P  I kinda miss that fish.

 

 

.............and there are still no subs.  Major pouting continues.

 

Same sentiments. The lack of subs is so frustrating. The show is not getting the treatment it deserves (there are more horrible dramas getting better treatment, tbh). Now I know how SH feels when Picasso was given more attention than her grandpa! So frustrating!

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ii panda said:

So true. SH seems flustered about her newfound emotion (love and trust, perhaps?) towards YD. At this point, not even marriage can make them work together seamlessly. lol. I think YD's levelheadedness makes him better at making decisions (vs SH's impulsiveness) but SH is the dominant type so...

 

The one thing that will work in SH's favor is that she does have history of being loved because of her mom and because of YD's mom.  If there is anything that can link SH and YD, it is likely to be their individual relationships to his mother.

 

SH is very dominant but YD is good at quietly holding his ground until he sees that it is time to make a move, so he can offer her the foundation that he needs.  

 

Now SH needs to find her deeply buried sense of sympathy, and that's only likely to happen if YD is really hurt (like beaten up by TOP or something).  Then she will find out that she can place someone else's feelings above her own need for revenge.  When she slows down long enough to see that he has value, too, the relationship can begin to grow.

 

But that's just me thinking like a writer again.  I tend to re-write dramas in my head while I'm watching.  ;)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, thistle said:

 

The one thing that will work in SH's favor is that she does have history of being loved because of her mom and because of YD's mom.  If there is anything that can link SH and YD, it is likely to be their individual relationships to his mother.

 

SH is very dominant but YD is good at quietly holding his ground until he sees that it is time to make a move, so he can offer her the foundation that he needs.  

 

Now SH needs to find her deeply buried sense of sympathy, and that's only likely to happen if YD is really hurt (like beaten up by TOP or something).  Then she will find out that she can place someone else's feelings above her own need for revenge.  When she slows down long enough to see that he has value, too, the relationship can begin to grow.

 

But that's just me thinking like a writer again.  I tend to re-write dramas in my head while I'm watching.  ;)

 

I agree about YD's mom linking them together. I feel she'll likely spoil her (future) daughter-in-law. :kiss_wink:

 

I also agree about YD's quiet strength in restraining SH. I agree about everything you said. Could it be that you are the writer of this drama going undercover here on soompi? Lol

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ii panda said:

Could it be that you are the writer of this drama going undercover here on soompi? Lol

 

:lol:  I could wish!  :ph34r:  But, no, I'm just sitting here at home in my jammies early on a Friday morning, and not getting paid a single cent for thinking about KDramas.  Life is so unfair.  :P

 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..