[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I loved that drama so much but it left so much unresolved in the end. Plus, the OTP are not together without really even a hint or hope that they might be together some day. Just the female lead watching the male lead in the game. :(

I guess it was good that she knew that he did not die and still "existed" within the game, but seriously no payoff of any kind after a steady build up of chemistry. :(

And, as you say, HB is absolutely dashing. There is always a certain look and sensitivity to his eyes regardless of what role he takes on that seems as if he's showing you a bit of his soul. :wub:   Plus, he does seem to play stoic NK military officers with some flair, e.g. Confidential Assignment and this drama. :D

HB was always an extremely talented actor, but in terms of his looks, I definitely prefer his post-military look to his pre-military look. :)

Hyun Bin is good at portraying the sadness thru his eyes. For example in MOA when he met his first ex wife in Spain   now married and pregnant with his bestfriend’s child, he really delivers his character’s pain and sadness thru his eyes no words needed but we know he is hirting to this day. 

i super agree with you, Hyun Bin’s post military look is super super better than his pre military. Was never a fan of him pre military as at that time I don’t find him dashing. But after he came back from army.... omg, he makes me fall for him harder every time i see him. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

No matter how much I think, I dont know how JH and SR can

be together.

Captain Ri is an honorable  officer.

He will never leave his country and thus endanger his family and friends.

Anyway, I like that the story is still happening in that village.

We just enjoy this best kdrama so far:).

JH and SR cannot be together as both have a different identity. They will surely and surely fall in love, i think for another 2 episodes yet both know that they cannot be as one. 

So, JH would do everything as had promised to let SR can go back home safely.

Whereas, SD and JH maybe at episode 10 onwards they will stay as husband and wife but SD become unreasonable at this time due to her anger or envy that rule over until JH parents intervene and speak to her to understand and help JH to expedite the return of SR presence.

GSJ, will eventually realise that money isn't everything and that he will also help SR. His sudden change purely for the good friendship he has with SR. However, along in the middle of the story is more chaotic esp towards to their emotional aspects. 

All these base on assumptions coz we aren't the mind of the writer:D

Sad sad if this assumption would be like these coz the main lead have been separated. 

Anyways i am still loving my SYJ having drama with HB a memorable to keep:kiss_wink:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

And, as you say, HB is absolutely dashing. There is always a certain look and sensitivity to his eyes regardless of what role he takes on that seems as if he's showing you a bit of his soul. :wub:   Plus, he does seem to play stoic NK military officers with some flair, e.g. Confidential Assignment and this drama. :D

Tbh, HyunBin is my new discovery #DodgingTomatoesBomb....:expressionless: My first time with him is CLOY but while waiting for the next episodes I binged his movies from The Negotiations, The Swindlers and Confidential Assignment....:glasses: I skipped his older dramas and movies since I don’t find him THAT cute (Yeah, I am that cheap...:grimace:

My fav is The Negotiations, he is super handsome in a rugged and bad boy way. Coincidentally his name is Min Tae Gu, a pun for Mo Tae Gu??? My all time favorite villain...:love:

I can’t get enough of his expressive and sensitive stares whether he is in love or in pains.....HB and KJW are few of the actors who mastered a way to conveyed their deepest part of the soul without words....

• Like 13
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

I think RJH has been very filial and respectful to his parents but not enough to completely ignore his feelings. His cold facade has cracked more than once when he's with her and he has broken a few rules for SeRi. Okay, I don't expect him to renounce his whole family and come out as the enemy of the state but his repressed feelings surely need to be overcome after trying to protect her from gunfire and being killed. The lengths that he has gone through to secure the safety of SeRi has gone beyond what is expected and what he should have done. If anything, everything he has done so far has been 'out of character' for his rank and his background. Marrying Dan is responsibility but when it comes to tugging his heart strings I don't think he has issues kissing or showing SeRI affection. Especially after this life/death situation, maybe the knetizens are right in predicting a hospital kiss - that he's so overwhelmed with this affection that he shows her the kind of affection that make the other soldier blush. That's the kind of scene I'd love to see next week :D

He only grins when it comes to her antics

I don't think Dan will call off the engagement, especially after the reputation she has with such a long engagement. Perhaps to throw someone else off their path and to not reveal her true feelings that's why she said "I care not if my fiance is dead or hurt?!" Especially for someone to held onto a photo - the only confirmation of this engagement has ever taken place. To remove this huge obstacle to their love is to take away the tension far too early in this series - I feel like to make sure it's ultra melodramatic, they won't remove this source of angst. 

Gosh, I loved every word you said about RJH going beyond what is expected and doing things out of character. I can't wait to see the next episodes....this is driving me insane! LOL

I really hope Dan calls off the engagement, but I see where you're coming from. It was such a long engagement and her family (I don't know if I feel that way about Dan yet, but her mom is definitely kind of prideful). It would or could be an embarrassment to call off the engagement unless RJH's family's name is tainted and they want to call it off...although I just can't see RJH calling it off. HE is too filial for that. We will have to wait and see how this all turns out. Keeping me on my toes!

• Like 12

@Ameera Ali our dear RJH is behaving like SR’s bf unknowingly.. haha :grimace: like, he is so comfortable with SR that he is getting all touchy touchy.. he grabs SR’s hand, touches her forehead, etc things he would never even attempt with SD :kiss_wink: and SR’s response is funnier! she is not shy to remind him of his affections :heart:

i tried to copy the .gif source but got an error.. so i quoted this.. which i know moderator will scold me and remove later (how do you all copy snippets of the drama??)

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Hide contents

actually throughout the whole drama, i can’t get my eyes off Hyun Bin’s hair.. how is it possible to keep it all down and yet still look soft and neat.. :lol:

and some of dear comrades are rewatching Secret Garden right? that bling bling blue sports jacket is legend!! hand sewn by the skilled seamstress who has over 40 years experience.. at the end of it where both he and HJW wore the same bling bling blue sports jacket is so funny :joy: ps/ did any of you try to buy the same jacket 10 years ago??

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 8
  • LOL 3

woah comrades this thread is just as addictive as the drama itself! i've got lots of things to do but thank goodness no work today but i got some pending stuff as...in paper junk etc but still i come here to check whenever i can! LOL Anyway, some of you expressed the fact that OTP cannot be together bc of their situation NK/SK but this is a drama & i may just belong to the minority of some here who'd think that the impossible may turn into possible in that Ri regardless of how much he's molded into being very patriotic bc of his upbringing and how his father's political (or position) status, I believe LOVE conquers all! At least I'd like to think that this might happen & sorry if I'm just speculating or day-dreaming :bawling: but i'm hoping he'll defect & marry SR!

photo1136943.jpg

He rarely smiles but this one may seem serendipitous:D

photo1130869.jpg

their selfie (cr: hancinema)

Crash-Landed-Love-Hyun-Bin-Son-Yejin.jpg

cr: dramamilk.com

Spoiler

netflix-crash-landing-hyun-bin-son-ye-ji

i think SYJ giggles a lot :) so cute

• Like 13
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, m i s z CHEN said:

I really hope Dan calls off the engagement, but I see where you're coming from. It was such a long engagement and her family (I don't know if I feel that way about Dan yet, but her mom is definitely kind of prideful). It would or could be an embarrassment to call off the engagement unless RJH's family's name is tainted and they want to call it off...although I just can't see RJH calling it off. HE is too filial for that. We will have to wait and see how this all turns out. Keeping me on my toes!

Agree. I don’t think SD will call off the engagement. However, I hope the writer would surprise me. I really miss a good old romcom drama. Considering that the last drama that I’ve finished completely is Signal.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

Btw, I remember someone wrote a translation of this scene and he/she said that it’s confession. However, the translation from Netflix says otherwise. I don’t get it :sweatingbullets:.

I'm not fluent in Korean but as far as I know, what SR said was "I like..". It's common in Mandarin, and I believe in Korean as well, to say this without a subject. So what she meant could be "I like the fact that I'm able to leave soon" in response to JH's question, but further on she says "I like.. so it's giving me a headache." Therefore, it could also be a confession because why would being able to leave (something she has been hoping desperately for) NK be something that gives her a headache? So I also took it to mean that she actually meant that she likes (him) and that it's troubling her because she is leaving soon.

I don't know if I'm making sense. Any Korean speakers here can help? :lol:

• Like 15

My take on how Capt Ri and Seri can be reunited is defection (even that long article by a N Korean defector suggested so). By now RJH must be very disillusioned and disappointed with the corruption going on among his senior army officials especially JCK (Oh Man Suk's acting is spot on) and his side kicks. Probably his parents may be affected by his saving SR and his only choice is to defect.:ph34r:

As for SD, her money face mum will fully encourage her to pursue SJ the "English diplomat" once she knows that he's interested in her daughter. Ha!:lol:

My dream ending is to see our OTP happily reunited in Switzerland with RJH pursuing his musical dream and SR quitting the stressful, rat race life of the corporate world in Seoul to be with him. This is DRAMA after all!:love:

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, cenching said:

My fav is The Negotiations, he is super handsome in a rugged and bad boy way. Coincidentally his name is Min Tae Gu, a pun for Mo Tae Gu??? My all time favorite villain...:love:

BOTH TAE GU are my Favourite Villains. I think the name Tae Gu has a hidden meaning "EVIL but SEXY". They are saying, if I cannot kill you, I will kill you with my sexiness. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

30 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

BOTH TAE GU are my Favourite Villains. I think the name Tae Gu has a hidden meaning "EVIL but SEXY". They are saying, if I cannot kill you, I will kill you with my sexiness. :lol:

Hallo there fellow suckers for MTG...:joy: It’s a good thing that I am not a Korean, if I am one my son’s will be a Tae Gu (even though my surname in Chinese 莫 can be Romanized as Mo or Mok :glasses:). 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I was busy and only had time to watch ep.5 and 6 today... and am I glad I only have a couple days to wait until ep.7 :lol: I haven't had time to back read on all the pages, will do that slowly while waiting for ep.7 to drop.

I now think most of the stories will take place in NK, since there are so many characters that we've been introduced to in NK, whereas in SK, it's only the family (6 members) and the 2 persons actively looking for YSR, making a total of only 8 characters in SK. So, I think we won't see SR going back soon, especially since the brother had instructed to keep her in NK, just that Jo decided to up his service and ram her off? The brother did not order a kill, did he?

What about the shareholder's meeting then? I think words will get to the father that she is still alive and he will postpone it, to the annoyance of the brothers and SIL, I'm sure :D

Beyond that, I have no more guesses. Wedding will surely not take place. End of next month is still a long time away, many things can still happen in the meanwhile.

Not sure what to feel about second ML Gu... He seems like a bad guy, with the scheming and how he thinks money can guarantee his life and comfort, how am I supposed to root for him to be with SD? But to be fair, apart from his greed for money, he seems to be a person with conscience when he commented about the family (brother to be precise) ditching YSR in NK. And SR doesn't seem too wary about him. Anyway, I'm waiting for more character development on him.

• Like 16
  • Love 1

This is the real love story between a NK man and a SK woman. the guy is a defector of coz. 

http://www.barcroft.tv/north-korea-south-korea-divide-forbidden-love-story-eric-lafforgue

My prediction of our Riri love story is

* YSR identity will be known by JGC and he will used this important piece of information for his benefit to control RJH and his family and also GSJ. He will also get SD involve in his plan and to get her influenced. 

* (i know it's cliche) but YSR will take the noble idiocacy route to save RJH and of coz JGC will lie to her that the exchange is her safety return to SK but God knows what is his plan for her, kill her or put her in concentration camp. 

* Uri Capt Ri will eventually find out about it and confront JGC and he also get to know the involvement of SD in the deal. He will save YSR and called off the wedding and tell his family that he has fall in love with a SK woman. 

* His father will object at first but eventually realized he is loosing he will loose his son if he forced him. (prob his ommani will open his father's eyes). 

* His father will use his power and make him can continue staying outside NK (read Switzerland), continue his passion in music and not require to comeback to NK to serve the country. 

* He will meet Seri again, but now he is a free man. Probably in Swiss they can be together (marry or not) and do not bound to their difference in citizenship. 

I know this is cliche, but this is the most likely what I can predict. But I hope the writer will surprise us. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

now think most of the stories will take place in NK, since there are so many characters that we've been introduced to in NK, whereas in SK, it's only the family (6 members) and the 2 persons actively looking for YSR, making a total of only 8 characters in SK. So, I think we won't see SR going back soon, especially since the brother had instructed to keep her in NK, just that Jo decided to up his service and ram her off? The brother did not order a kill, did he?

I agree with you. I think this drama will try to solve all the NK-related problems before moving to the SK-related issues. Unless, the writer tries to connect the issues on both sides.

another thing, do you guys think there is a significant meaning behind Seri’s necklace? No one discusses it :D

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2