[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 03. 25. 7:28 PM

New MBC entertainment show announces lineup with worth-anticipated names

FE866CAF-C6C2-423E-B467-5F53F5D82DBB.jpg

Joo Sang Wook, Jo Jae Yoon, Yang Kyung Won, and Yoo Soo Bin have confirmed to become fixed members of the entertainment program "Sea Fragrance" (literal title) and are preparing for the recording.

On March 26, a TV representative told Ilgan Sports, "Four actors Joo Sang Wook, Jo Jae Yoon, Yang Kyung Won, and Yoo Soo Bin will join the new entertainment show "Sea Fragrance" (MBC Every 1)".

"Sea Fragrance" is a story about sea lovers who look for 100% natural fresh ingredients to run a seafood store by themselves. The members promise to satisfy viewers by doing the work they love and leading a soul-healing working life in a fishing village.

The 4 close artists will film together at Geoje Island - where mother nature bestows wonderful scenery. They gather as people sharing the same liking - the sea. Fishing addict Joo Sang Wook, Jo Jae Yoon - who has extensive relationships in the artist world and is also an enthusiast of scuba diving, "Pyo Chi Soo" Yang Kyung Won, and "Kim Joo Meok" Yoo Soo Bin - the two actors who gained public affection through the TV series "Crash Landing on You" (tvN) - will join the show together.

Besides Joo Sang Wook and Jo Jae Yoon - the characters that make others laugh constantly thanks to their sense of humor and natural eloquence when participating in variety shows, the appearance of Yang Kyung Won - who attended the first show since his debut with "Sumi's Recipes Korean Banchan Side Dishes" (tvN) - is expected to show the wits he has "refined" for 10 years. In addition, the appearance of the young man Yoo Soo Bin will contribute to creating a surprising synergy for the show. The audience is expecting a lot in a novel "Sea Fragrance" created by this quartet.

"Sae Fragrance" will be filmed in early April and is aimed to broadcast at the end of April. The program is set to have a total of 4 episodes.

Reporter Hwang So Young /hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Ahhh, I don't think anybody can ever. He is uniquely handsome and his handsomeness is such a manly handsome. 

Not cute or pretty boy but "really such a man" handsome! Does anybody understand what I want to say?

He's such a manly man! Especially in CLOY, HB bulked up and looks so manly, not so skinny. 

I can go on and on about his manliness and handsomeness!! :relaxed:

I totally understand what you mean!! HB's looks are very very different from the other Korean actors. Actually, he almost look like Japanese-mixed, the ones who has native blood. But yet still different - just very unique. So beautiful but yet manly. I am seriously SO CURIOUS how his parents look like....

11 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

I am glad someone enjoys it as well. It’s indeed a very good drama. 

I love that drama so much and always quote it as my #1 drama of all time (of any language). Until CLOY came along. Now I have TWO top #1 dramas!

@liltash85 Thanks so much for the fanfic! Will go check it out. :D  I am also from Malaysia and gosh, the MCO is such a challenge, but so needed. Anyways, we have lots of time to watch kdramas, whether it's CLOY or other shows LOL!

@Helena  Thanks for the update on the new show with our Pyo Chi Soo and Kim Joo Meok dong-ji! I am really SO happy for all the cast of CLOY as they seem to be getting a lot of new opportunities after the ratings success of the series. From some of the BTS I have seen in their photo shoot together, Yoo Soo Bin (Joo Meok) seems to be the cheeky one and likes to annoy Yang Kyung Won (PCS). That's like the opposite of their characters in CLOY lol!! Can't wait to see their chemistry in that variety show and hope it will be a big success!

• Like 2

I know folks here are going to snicker, but the KDrama that made me moved on from CLOY is tadaa... "I'm not a Robot" which I read was a total ratings failure.

Extremely cheesy and implausible plot but funny and totally enjoyable.  The main couple also has pretty good chemistry. 

I tried to watch other highly rated  Kdrama like goblin etc.... but all them were pretty boring to me.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I haven’t been to this forum since a while but I still really miss CLOY :dissapointed_relieved: I know I’m not alone, I’ve read from many that people just can’t move on from CLOY! On one hand, feels good that it’s quite a phenomenon. 

Wish there was more we could look forward to, now with the DVD news not happening, so bleak. Only positive BinJin news could cure this void lol. 

You guys are so right, CLOY set the standards so high I can barely go onto another drama, with the same feeling. I am currently watching Kingdom though, a whole different genre but it’s quality. And honestly, not only CLOY as a drama but it’s the HB and SYJ chemistry that also set the bar really high to other leads. They are just so perfect. 

I rewatch CLOY everyday tho lol like random episodes and not lying but they still make make my heart flutter! One of the things I observe that’s pretty sweet is remember how RJH just didn’t know how to “pat sweetly” YSR’s hair lol but once he realised he was in love with her like ep 7 onwards, he could not help play with her hair on so many occasions :wub: subtle character development, if you can call it that. 

@ElleSor  I couldn’t agree with you more on HB’s manliness handsomeness! And he just ages so fine. Honestly compared to his past appearances, he definitely looks his best now, he had some pretty cheesy looks in the past though he’s always been beautiful. Lucky SYJ that she got him in his prime hewhewhew (I mean you know acting beside him, not sure what else anyone could be thinking........)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Real-live RJH?

Pianist Kim Cheol-woong was born into an elite family in North Korea, and learned piano at kindergarten - a privilege enjoyed by very few in the country. He spent time studying in Moscow, where he discovered different types of music, including A Comme Amour by Richard Clayderman, and he planned to play it as he proposed to his girlfriend. It was while practising the song back home that he was reported, and subsequently interrogated for playing western music. It was then that Cheol-woong decided to defect. But before he found safety, he had to brave freezing temperatures, treacherous borders, and the Chinese police. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3csyhk9

Just wonder how Captain Ri will be able to enjoy that kind of freedom in Switzerland at the ending of CLOY?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.beauty321.com/post/31451#p3

This article talks about how CLOY referenced the following movies/dramas that Hyun Bin and Son Yejin were in (separately and together).

1) Summer Scent (hair tie moment in ep 3)

2) Princess Deokhye (playing piano together in ep 9)

3) Something in the Rain (walking in the rain under the umbrella in ep 15)

4) Pirates (showing off injuries in ep 14)

5) Be With You (talking in dreams while in critical condition in ep 15)

6) Memories of the Alhambra (gaming moment in ep 12)

7) The Negotiation (having a drink in ep 12

8) Secret Garden (meeting the future mother-in-law in ep 14)

The writer really put in a lot of effort into making references to our BinJin couple's works as well as real life. ;)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

LOL This writer is so obviously a CLOY fan :D

https://hk.asiatatler.com/style/chopard-steals-the-show-in-crash-landing-on-you

Chopard Watches Steal The Show In "Crash Landing On You"

Chopard Watches Steal The Show In "Crash Landing On You"

By Annie Darling

March 27, 2020

When it comes to watches, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin know how to make a statement

Crash Landing On You is good. Like, really good. So good that it has set a new record for the second highest viewership in Korean cable history. Bravo!

And if you’ve watched it, you’ll have no doubt noticed—in between bouts of tears and laughter—that stars You Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin (who might be dating, by the way…) wear some hella wrist candy by Swiss watchmaker Chopard.

Ye-jin plays South Korean heiress Yoon Sei-rei, who tries to pawn her Happy Sport in episode five.

Unfortunately for her, the limited-edition wristwatch fetches just a few dollars when the broker insists on valuing its worth by weight. (This guy clearly doesn’t know his watches, say all Bulgari Octo Finissimo owners.)

As Ye-jin parts with her 2018 model, which was launched to celebrate the Happy Sport’s 25th anniversary, she notices another Chopard on display: an Alpine Eagle, which was first unveiled to Hong Kong collectors late last year at The Murray’s Popinjays.

Made from solid Lucent Steel A223, an alloy that's exclusive to Chopard and 50% more resistant than conventional steel, this chunky timepiece comes with a super-trendy integrated bracelet, which is set to be the biggest watchmaking trend for 2020.

Both timepieces reappear later on in the series and take on new meaning. So be sure to watch until the very end.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2020 at 4:24 PM, INeedAFan said:

Drama recommendation:

Reveal hidden contents

Do you guys watch chinese dramas? You can try Le Coup de Foudre. I accidentally found it a few days ago (well, YouTube, of course, has found a way to recommend me a new one). It’s based on a novel: I Don't Like This World, I Only Like You. 

Another one is Nirvana in Fire, one of the best chinese dramas I’ve ever seen. It’s not a romance though. 

Thanks for this, something to watch during COVID-19 crisis.  

On 3/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, newbie said:

I know folks here are going to snicker, but the KDrama that made me moved on from CLOY is tadaa... "I'm not a Robot" 

:lol:. I watched ‘My First First Love’ to move on from CLOY. It’s very average, cute, cheesy and humorous. So far, no other romantic K-drama beats CLOY though. I also recontinued watching Memories of the Alhambra after 2 years. Confused why I didn't finish it sooner, great show. Starting 'Ietawon Class', good reviews. Any other recommendations?

On 3/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, TotoroSY said:

So beautiful but yet manly. I am seriously SO CURIOUS how his parents look like....

Yes Hyun Bin is handsome and manly. Also curious about how his parents and brother look like. 

On 3/27/2020 at 12:02 AM, itspeanutbutterjellytime said:

And he just ages so fine. Honestly compared to his past appearances, he definitely looks his best now, he had some pretty cheesy looks in the past though he’s always been beautiful.

He ages like fine wine :)! He definilty  had a glow up over the years. I also like his look now, his bulked up look, style and haircut. 

5 hours ago, Loveisintheair said:

Thanks for this, something to watch during COVID-19 crisis.  

:lol:I watched ‘My First First Love’ to move on from CLOY. It’s very average, cute, cheesy and humorous. So far, no other romantic K-drama beats CLOY though. I also recontinued watching Memories of the Alhambra after 2 years. Confused why I didn't finish it sooner, great show. Starting 'Ietawon Class', good reviews. Any other recommendations?

Yes Hyun Bin is handsome and manly. Also curious about how his parents and brother look like. 

He ages like fine wine :)! He definilty  had a glow up over the years. I also like his look now, his bulked up look, style and haircut. 

:lol:I watched ‘My First First Love’ to move on from CLOY. It’s very average, cute, cheesy and humorous. So far, no other romantic K-drama beats CLOY though. I also recontinued watching Memories of the Alhambra after 2 years. Confused why I didn't finish it sooner, great show. Starting 'Ietawon Class', good reviews. Any other recommendations?

I actually just watched Memories of the Alhambra too. And it's actually very good! Love Hyun Bin in MOFA too! Love his look and outfits!

I wondered too! Wondering if anyone has any pics to share. 

Edited by blessedchild
  • Like 1

Cloy's success is not just ratings but the opportunities supporting cast is getting. Hyun bin and son ye jin are superstars. So another big success for them

But the other actors whose kitchen will be running for years now because of the success of cloy. They deserve  it

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I’m still living in post-CLOY drought. (@Loveisintheair Itaewon Class got into sloppy writing by ep 10)

I just started on my umpteenth rewatch of CLOY last night. *hopeless* The more I rewatch, the more questions I have though... 

Same here I m on CLOY rewatch mode and can't bear to watch anything else.It is really fascinating to binge watch it as I discovered many newfound details which was forgotten by me as I reached the last few episodes while live watching.But I m glad I watched it while it was on air as it added up to the hype, expectations and restlessness.

Moreover, while watching CLOY,during weekdays I would search for new dramas to pass the time.During one such time I found another drama with awesome chemistry between the leads.They became one of my top fav onscreen OTP after ofcourse RiRi. I m talking about the drama "My Princess" .The leads are Song Seung Heon and Kim Tae Hee.It aired in 2011 .But I must say the leads have super awesome chemistry ,only next to Binjin for me.The drama was not that great story wise but almost everyone seemed to ignore that fact as the chemistry was sooo good.Whereas CLOY had both , agreat plot as well as fabulous A lister MLs.I watched MP solely due to the  leads only and thoroughly enjoyed it,even went for a rewatch.I know Kim Tae Hee is married now ,but if you want to watch another visually stunning lovely pair, try it. Although the story may not be solid but it is a light hearted rom-com which is a bonus .

• Like 2

A new JTBC drama,"The Worlds of the married" which last week after "Itaewon Class" premiered with 6.2% and ep 2 reaches 9.9%.I am worried that it will beat CLOY and becomes 1st or 2nd highest rated cable television channel drama.CLOY will still be TvN's highest rated drama but for all cable television channels, CLOY might become 3rd highest rated.The actors r not A-list stars or even well-known, the only difference is that the first 6eps r R-rated.The plot is not that good or even unique according to the synopsis.I am not saying bad things about that drama.I haven't watch that drama and don't plan to watch because it is R-rated.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Katelyn Lana said:

A new JTBC drama,"The Worlds of the married" which last week after "Itaewon Class" premiered with 6.2% and ep 2 reaches 9.9%.I am worried that it will beat CLOY and becomes 1st or 2nd highest rated cable television channel drama.CLOY will still be TvN's highest rated drama but for all cable television channels, CLOY might become 3rd highest rated.The actors r not A-list stars or even well-known, the only difference is that the first 6eps r R-rated.The plot is not that good or even unique according to the synopsis.I am not saying bad things about that drama.I haven't watch that drama and don't plan to watch because it is R-rated.

Its a remake from a very popular Brit drama—Doctor Foster. They had only one sex scene. Just like the ones from Misty. And its far from rate-R in my opinion. Its a really good drama. Besides, Kim Hee-ae is a top actress in Korea. She even won a daesang a decade ago. So dont panic about the ratings. Whatever will be will be. 

CLOY is still in my heart. And people please be respectful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katelyn Lana said:

I saw its rating too.And it reminded me of the IC days.Its initial ratings accelerated at a phenomenal level too and was quite worried that it may dethrone CLOY from its position.However I have nothing against IC and nor this drama as I haven't watched either.But I was glad that CLOY 's position was still intact.Infact I wish that this new drama should definitely deserve the due success and respect .But my CLOY biased mind wishes that this drama goes IC way and not able to break CLOY'S record.

However I have now started accepting the fact that even if any drama surpasses CLOY'S rating it will still be special.Records are meant to be broken but I still wish that this one shouldn't be broken so soon and CLOY should stay high for quite some time.

Indeed the competition is very stiff and many good dramas are coming out back to back with promising casts.I think this is one of the record smashing year for kdramas with many high profile comebacks by A listers. Infact Hospital Playlist is also going strong on ratings.Then we have KSH drama, LMH one(but it is not on cable tv i guess) etc. So I think it would be better if we not fret over other drama ratings.I know this is difficult and I want myself as well, to stop worrying.

Just Chill peeps.The only thing I m hoping right now is Beaksang not getting cancelled and then CLOY sweeping major awards.

• Like 1

I still chuckle to myself when I think about CLOY. When I heard Hyun Bin was casted as a soldier, I expected some solid actions from the soldier involving fights, battles etc. Instead I got a solder who cooks, makes coffee, goes grocery shopping, buys bra and aroma candles, plays online games, jealous and pouty to both girlfriend and parents.

Oh what did I get myself into? :joy: And a month later I still can't get over CLOY. :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

14 hours ago, L A said:

I still chuckle to myself when I think about CLOY. When I heart Hyun Bin was casted as a soldier, I expected some solid actions from the soldier involving fights, battles etc. Instead I got a solder who cooks, makes coffee, goes grocery shopping, buys bra and aroma candles, plays online games, jealous and pouty to both girlfriend and parents.

Oh what did I get myself into? :joy: And a month later I still can't get over CLOY. :)

Agree with you  ,  i had  same thinking  but after that, I thought we had too many   superhero soldier  out there  so one more  hero will not make any difference.  A warm soldier is other case.  Still love him a lot  even when I  watch superhero-soldier movies after CLOY .

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 3/29/2020 at 10:43 AM, L A said:

I still chuckle to myself when I think about CLOY. When I heart Hyun Bin was casted as a soldier, I expected some solid actions from the soldier involving fights, battles etc. Instead I got a solder who cooks, makes coffee, goes grocery shopping, buys bra and aroma candles, plays online games, jealous and pouty to both girlfriend and parents.

I just recently finished watching CLOY and I was thinking the exact same thing!  It hasn't been a week yet and I'm worried since you said you've hit the one month mark.  I better start watching something else soon!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2