[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

8 hours ago, sharluvsenergy said:

Son Yejin finally posted after almost 3 months! Growing something other than the Edelweiss? Haha~

How is this not a nod to CLOY and the tomato plant :tired:  *happy cries*.

Not to mention the scented candle!  I'm reading Maison des Bougie but my eyes could be failing me.

5 hours ago, wywp said:

So the scene where RJH gives the birthday gift of couple rings, do you think this was added just for the viewers and to add more romance in? Only the couple didn't have the rings on when they reunited in Switzerland. 

I think maybe the love story wasn't fully written yet when they filmed in Switzerland?  Perhaps there was a general idea but the exact writing of their scenes were not fully scripted nor fleshed out.   Maybe there was freedom to craft the OTP scenes once they were reunited in SK and this was one of them!  Whatever it is, this will always be one of the cutest scenes ever.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

CLOY is very special to us and everyone will cherish it no matter what.So my point is ,few weeks back, CLOY'S IMDB rating was 9.1 which is indeed good,then it changed to 9. I was still okay.But now I found it came down to 8.9.It is still at a very strong position as 8.9 in IMDB is really great but I m  afraid that it may go down further.Saw some people giving ridiculous reviews,maybe out of jealousy as CLOY might have outperformed their fav ones.In some other site people even gave a rating of 2 out of 10 :blink:.I request people in this thread to take few minutes, support CLOY wholeheartedly by giving good ratings to it in credible websites such as IMDB or My Drama List .By doing this its popularity will keep on increasing as people generally refer to these sites whenever thinking of starting a drama.I gave my rating  and others who already rated it please ignore my message or rather you could motivate other people  who have seen and liked CLOY to do the same.Spread this message fast. We need to stand united to tackle the antis.

Thanks in advance:blush:..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, eLizza said:

CLOY is very special to us and everyone will cherish it no matter what.So my point is ,few weeks back, CLOY'S IMDB rating was 9.1 which is indeed good,then it changed to 9. I was still okay.But now I found it came down to 8.9.It is still at a very strong position as 8.9 in IMDB is really great but I m  afraid that it may go down further.Saw some people giving ridiculous reviews,maybe out of jealousy as CLOY might have outperformed their fav ones.In some other site people even gave a rating of 2 out of 10 :blink:.I request people in this thread to take few minutes, support CLOY wholeheartedly by giving good ratings to it in credible websites such as IMDB or My Drama List .By doing this its popularity will keep on increasing as people generally refer to these sites whenever thinking of starting a drama.I gave my rating  and others who already rated it please ignore my message or rather you could motivate other people  who have seen and liked CLOY to do the same.Spread this message fast. We need to stand united to tackle the antis.

Thanks in advance:blush:..

If I may add, asianwiki too. I am very distrubed by the fact that the drama's rating in that site is only 8.5 which is even lower than some other dramas out there even though CLOY are possibly better than those dramas (I'm trying hard not to undermine those dramas but we all know that CLOY deserves a higher rating than that:sweat_smile:)

Edited by lowearth1137
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

So, I recently finished with this series and had couple of questions. In one of the final episodes, he gifts her a plant and mentions that hopefully they can meet in the country where this plant grows. And the plan to meet each other is set in motion. She starts a charity for aspiring piano artists in Switzerland and he leaves military to pursue his passion of playing piano in Switzerland. But it is shown that they meet only after 3 years. Why so? She travels every year to Switzerland for 2 years after setting up the charity hoping to meet him there. But does not find him. He turns up only in the 3rd year. Had he been to Switzerland all this while, but they could not find each other? Why does he hint her then to meet in Switzerland when he gifts her that plant? It was a bit strange to see that they always, always found their way to each other. But despite taking care of each other even after going their separate ways, they managed to meet only after 3 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NehaB said:

So, I recently finished with this series and had couple of questions. In one of the final episodes, he gifts her a plant and mentions that hopefully they can meet in the country where this plant grows. And the plan to meet each other is set in motion. She starts a charity for aspiring piano artists in Switzerland and he leaves military to pursue his passion of playing piano in Switzerland. But it is shown that they meet only after 3 years. Why so? She travels every year to Switzerland for 2 years after setting up the charity hoping to meet him there. But does not find him. He turns up only in the 3rd year. Had he been to Switzerland all this while, but they could not find each other? Why does he hint her then to meet in Switzerland when he gifts her that plant? It was a bit strange to see that they always, always found their way to each other. But despite taking care of each other even after going their separate ways, they managed to meet only after 3 years.

that was quite confusing but I think they met 3 years after the DMZ sepration...the 1st year obviously the msgs and d planning of RJH of getting discharged from millitary plus getting into the national orchestra as a pianist...it was all in one year from DMZ sepration..then YSR setting up scholarship program in the starting of 2nd year from the separation..meanwhile she travelled Switzerland every now and then in this 2nd year..and lastly in the 3rd year when she imagined RJH to be the one playing the piano somewhere in Switzerland but he wasn't the one then she went to paragliding being disappointed and they finally met..after that they attended the show..it was in the same timeline and tthey lived in that beautiful house àfter that for remaining days of the 2 weeks.....

But one thing which comes to my mind is that YSR was rich and she could fly to and from China anytime she wanted and can talk with RJH from China like his brother contacted GSJ from China..I mean it was easy for them to talk to each other from China with a Chinese number and she had his mobile number... obviously there might be some restrictions but it was the easiest way to be in contact with each other until they find a permanent solution..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NehaB said:

North Koreans have their movements tracked very closely, even among the elite class. They cannot travel at will. In fact his being discharged from the military and being appointed a pianist with their national orchestra was not of his own choosing. It was likely at the pleasure of their great leader. So you can imagine being able to orchestrate a trip to Switzerland at the “right time” would have been difficult, and hence an act of fate if they can truly meet. Each time she went to Switzerland, she was also guessing at his schedule, whether he even got her hints of messages since they don’t get ready access to external media in NK. She could only assume that because his father had connections, he would eventually hear news of her and what she was doing. I’m sure even her philanthropic foundation could not have been registered as a SK organisation since there was no way politically such an organisation could sponsor NK students. So to hope he could track such roundabout news would certainly point at the need to trust that fate would intend them to be together after all. Hence 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 03. 17. 8:08 PM

Yang Kyung Won talks about popularity after his role of Pyo Chi Soo in "Crash Landing on You"

A5C270F1-8455-4B60-B7AE-7F7020898208.jpg

67AC393B-E1BD-4887-98C5-E38A258D3509.jpg

The photoshoot of actor Yang Kyung Won, who showed excellent ability to get into his role as North Korean Colonel Pyo Chi Soo in the drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN), with @star1 magazine was released.

Through pictorial shots released on March 18, Yang Kyung Won has given off his unique charm with various expressions as an actor.

After revealing that he started acting because he liked dancing and singing, Yang Kyung Won shared, "I wanted to do what I liked, so I resigned from my former company and debuted as a musical actor." In the hope of acting at a small theater in Daehakro, the male artist auditioned for a troupe, then became its member and officially began his acting career. Currently, i.e. 10 years after his debut, he shared that he was getting a little bit more confidence in acting and was happy at the moment to be able to enjoy and act.

Regarding his feeling after the end of the popular drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN), which always ranked first with towering viewership ratings, Yang Kyung Won sent gratitude to fans on the behalf of the film crew with an upset mood. In response to the question that whether he felt his popularity when the audience was getting to know his name Yang Kyung Won and giving him a lot of love, the actor brought a laugh when replying, "I feel miraculous as many people recognized me while I was wearing a mask. I always think I look so ordinary all this time."

Yang Kyung Won confided about the special chemistry with Son Ye Jin, "I didn't feel any discomfort when Son Ye Jin regarded me as a real Pyo Chi Soo. From the first shooting, Son Ye Jin, who is very similar to Yoon Se Ri, made me feel very thankful because she always devoted all however hard it was."

Yang Kyung Won's pictorial photos and interview can be found in the April 2020 issue of @star1 magazine.

Reporter Park Jung Sun park.jungsun@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

—————-

Crash Landing on You: the inter-Korean love story touching a chord in the South
The soap opera has proven a smash-hit for South Korean and international audiences. But how accurate is it?

Jeongmin Kim | March 16, 2020

https://www.nknews.org/2020/03/crash-landing-on-you-the-inter-korean-love-story-touching-a-chord-in-the-south/

-

Kim Jung Hyun Talks About How He Chooses New Projects

Mar 17, 2020

https://www.soompi.com/article/1388851wpp/kim-jung-hyun-talks-about-how-he-chooses-new-projects

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, HaiKamiL said:

@eLizza and @lowearth1137

I will OMG! My beloved Cloy can't be that low! <_< I already leave a comment on Asianwiki right after the series ended. I haven't voted yet. I don't know how to rate. I can't find where to vote... :sweatingbullets:

@HaiKamiL... It's good to hear that you already left a comment.In Asianwiki for voting,you need to click on the bar where general user rating is shown.And regarding MDL and IMDB ,i think you need to sign up.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MOONCHILD BTS said:

Guys do you know that the production company cancelled blu ray/dvd for crash landing on you:tears:,what can we do to convince them other wise?

Yikes why I wonder?  Maybe because the cast couldn't get together for a scene by scene panel commentary?  I suspect they need that type of content for the 'director's cut'.

• Sad 1

An article posted on March 10 from Screen Rant:

Top 10 Netflix’s Crash Landing On You Episodes, Ranked (According To IMDb)

pjimage-23.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=480&h=300

10. Ep 6

9. Ep 5

8. Ep 15

7. Ep 8 

6. Ep 11

5. Ep 10

4. Ep 9

3. Ep 13 

2. Ep 12

1. Ep 14

IMDB ratings for each episode

It looks like episode 1 is rated the lowest at 8.3, but the rest of the episodes (2-16) are rated from 9.0–9.7, which is solid. 

I am happy CLOY is still being written about and loved internationally. I personally love all of the episodes (I do agree that 1st episode was weakest for me if I was forced to choose my least favorite), but I was pleasantly surprised at how high the later episodes were rated since there seemed to be a lot of people who preferred the episodes that took place in North Korea. I loved the novelty of the NK episodes that really set this drama apart, and so I was afraid that the later episodes would be a let down for me.... I was so surprised and so happy they weren’t! If it were up to me, I would take out 15, 10, and 11 and replace it with 4, 7, and 16 (that farewell scene alone puts this episode with my other favs). I wholeheartedly agree with the top ratings for episodes 12 and 14 though because those were definitely some of my favorite episodes. So many feels in both of those episodes. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1