[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

27 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

In a way, it’s sorta open ended. We know they’ll eventually get married and have a family but as to how or when they get there is left to the imagination. They seem to have a house together in Switzerland and they both regularly spend time there. Will they eventually settle there? I personally think yes. But I think it will take time for them to work out the details. The fact that they have home filled with photos means that it’s a permanent arrangement with long term plans. 

I’m glad that the finale was a long episode packed with so much love and emotion. My favourite scenes are that of them in the DMZ. When JH yelled “don’t run!!” And that embrace, and the words they exchanged... ugh!!! I cry every time I watch it, no matter how many times I replay the scene. 

What you wrote here makes me feel a bit better - I'm hopeful that the photos of their adventures in Switzerland are indicative of their permanent arrangement with long term plans.:)

I agree about the separation scene & words exchanged.... the lines were so well written.  Not a word wasted.  Straight to the point and straight to our hearts...

8 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I actually can’t decide if this was inserted so that JH could find a way to sustain Seri after he left. I think the NIS agent knew that JH loved Seri so he was “helping him out” so to speak by showing him that there is a way to be able tell her what he wants to say. Or it could also be a product placement where they are showing a feature of that specific phone! :joy:

Thanks!  I find it so weird because wouldn't the NIS agent want to cease any communications between them?  The drama didn't need to include this part, I think RJH is smart and savvy enough to know about this feature and figure it out lol he lived and studied abroad with other young adults!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

Thanks!  I find it so weird because wouldn't the NIS agent want to cease any communications between them?  The drama didn't need to include this part, I think RJH is smart and savvy enough to know about this feature and figure it out lol he lived and studied abroad with other young adults!

7 years back maybe smartphones didn't have that feature. And NK produced phones may lack in technology.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Ok. After rewatching the ending many times, I am more convinced that they are meeting many times in the year. Reasons why? All the things said by her assistant LOL: 

1- Saying that she is not Heidy to be keep returning to Switzerland. 

2- Telling his colleague that this time it has lasted for « a while »... So, this means she was traveling and meeting him a lot during the year! He won’t be saying it like that if this is only the second encounter after their reunion (they finally meet in Switzerland after 2 yrs from their heartbreaking goodbye scene, then they kept meeting). 

3- The Concert is held once a year and she has participated in that event officially as Seri’s Choice CEO two times (since 3 yrs passed in the epilogue). But those 2 visits are not the only ones, those wouldn’t make her assistant think about a long distance relationship and to think in preparing a press release in English LOL

ahhh and those new stills,...  they are HEA in Switzerland . :heart::thumbsup:

SR have lot of money so they both can travel many times in a year. JH has also his dad’s support and as pianist he is also earning money. In addition, the drama (fortune teller) shows that SD will also be traveling many times and be famous. So why not JH traveling many times to Switzerland. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

59 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

1. Was it the NIS agent that brought the box of RJH’s belongings out containing the cell phone and then offering to teach him how to set pre-scheduled text messages...? Isn’t that so random?

@blue_fleursTotally agree with you :D The last time the scene felt so random was when the evil sister-in-law got the report from the cleaning lady that Seri didn't need her services, and that turned out because she actually uses the vacuum cleaner herself! The cool Dyson vacuum cleaner! :D So I thought it was PPL for the phone, but I didn't even recognize the model so idk?

1 hour ago, Icy00Swirl said:

I love everything that you said <3 Thank you for sharing... I cried again reading your words... I miss them so much already :((( The only thing I wasn't very thrilled about was HB's flat expression in the finale... It was early on in the series so I guess he hasn't built up enough emotions of JH characters yet...

@Icy00Swirl oh we're totally in the same boat <3 Everyone is going through this now...And I do agree that Hyun Bin's expression doesn't match the setting - especially if you compare the beginning of the episode 16 and the ending. It's like completely different characters...But I think it was the direction more than anything. In the BTS you see that Huyn Bin actually tried to make the scene more alive, but they didn't use that footage. Which is sad.

Another favourite moment of mine, is when Seri finally opens her eyes, and he has this little smile and his eyes are still teary, but just like...the look of hope on his face, and then he hides behind the wall.. Oh I cried. :(  And that's my point. JH went through so much to finally reach Seri after three years! They didn't understand his character in Switzerland, he is not a cold, distant alfa-male! He is warm, he is emotional and protective. He wouldn't just stand there with the blank expression after everything they went through. I wish they filmed the ending in the end. I really do. But I have to say, seeing the characters happy and the actors healthy and warm is more important. Knowing they had to film a lot of scenes in brutally cold weather, I am glad they offloaded some of it back in summer in Switzerland. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Annyeong!

Let me share my thoughts about this drama..

For me CLOY is the best drama everrrrrrrr! No doubt with HB & YJ chemistry and their acting skills :wub:

Before eps 16 aired, i already thought about an happy open ending which i hate it.. but turns out i'm veryyyyyy2 happy with the ending. After all the sadness and many tears.. they really deserve all the happiness:heart:

Huhuhu so sad no more riricouple on my weekends :bawling: and seems like.. i'm done with romance drama lol no one can beat their chemistry for sure :love:

Even watch BTS eps 15&16 i cried.. jebaaaaaal!:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

What's the next award show we can expect CLOY & cast to receive nominations for?  Also what usually happens after a successful drama ends?  We got pictures from TVN which looked more like HB & SYJ photoshoot than RJH & SR stills, a really short BTS official clip, and a few snippets here and there of the wrap up party.  What's considered the "norm" of what's to follow? (I'm thinking award shows, another panel interview?, possibly interview with the writer, fan appreciation events, etc...??)

Netflix viewers: did the ending scene have a thank you statement that was not english subtitled for us?  Anyone know what it said?

@Chewy Hoe You had previously suggested we should check out the writer's interviews and comments about the drama to get further insight into what the ending means to her, do you have any interviews or articles in particular to suggest? :) Now that we know there could have been additional ending scenes (more to the story), I wonder if she'd be open to discussing any of this at all.

• Like 2

@sussieh I have come to the same conclusion as well. I believe SR's response to the organizer 'its the best 2 weeks of the year' is being misinterpreted. I see it as ''(Every-time i come here for two weeks,) its the best two weeks of the year" The mundane details of how the Ri Ri couple plan this out is left to our imagination. But there are enough hints that they meet multiple times. 

If the paragliding landing meeting is 2-3 years from the time they bid farewell at the DMZ. But heidi reference, mention of frequenting Swiss, and the assistant claiming that it has lasted a while leads me to believe it's the 'Nth time' when they meet at the performance.

Again the final scene could be seen as continuation of the same trip. Or from another time, as to how they spend their time in their stay Home. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I'm making my version of how things panned out, that's exactly what the director/writer wanted us to do (btw, I loved the ending). 

They traveled multiple times to Switzerland since that crash landing meeting, have set up a home and are happily doing a long distance relationship with 2 weeks together (she confirmed that during the performance). I think the secretary's comment refers to how she has been traveling to Swiss for the past many years, multiple times, in search of him. I also want to believe that this is temporary, once RJH's parents pass on, he will have no reason to return to NK and they are free to continue living in Switzerland or SK. 

This is as good as an ending gets in this situation! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Ok...Spotify has uploaded all my favorite songs...Sigriswil, Song for My Brother and...”Time of Jeong Hyeok for Seri”....what kind of title is that :bawling: that piano song that shows the struggle they couple has go through...and the limited time that RH and Seri have to share...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

thank you TVN for releasing those pictures of our OTP on the Swiss house deck...

i'm guessing they wanted to let us fans know that the twins happened...

i'll keep on believing that this was at their "gender reveal" party

and yes, it's a girl! since YSR is holding pink flowers...:blush:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

Thank God!

"The actor [KIM JUNG HYUN] continued, “I have met new people and formed new relationships in every project, but this project is even more meaningful. Through the love [I received], I reflected on myself and found hope. To the viewers who accompanied us on the 16-episode journey, I would like to thank you for sharing your time with us.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383468wpp/crash-landing-on-you-main-cast-bids-farewell-to-drama-and-picks-favorite-scenes

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Icy00Swirl said:

I love everything that you said <3 Thank you for sharing... I cried again reading your words... I miss them so much already :((( The only thing I wasn't very thrilled about was HB's flat expression in the Switzerland finale... It was filmed early on in the series so I guess he hasn't built up enough emotions of JH character yet... but man the last 2 episodes were such roller coasters. The script was so well written and the actings was super as well. Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts here... it gives me such comfort knowing we all love CLOY and will miss them dearly

I felt the same with Gong Yoo in Goblin’s finale. Those ending scenes filmed early unveil flat, in my opinion.

• Like 5

I kind of found Son Ye Jin's acting more convincing in the swiss scene.Throughout the series both of them were at par in terms of acting.But in the finale scene SYJ nailed it.She managed to outshine Hyun Bin by a little margin.It really shows how great as an actor she is.She remained connected as  Seri throughout the 16 episode and her acting felt according to the timeline.Even HB was great but the last scene felt little out of the place for me, like it was not in continuation.SYJ definitely deserves a daesang.HB already has one though.

• Like 15
  • Love 4

Oh man rewatching the last goodbye scene at the border and my goodness, it really is one of the best scenes of the entire drama. The way SR screams “Jeong Hyuk ssi” as she runs from the car in slowmo was just so raw. Her voice breaks a little too when she screams his name and as she’s crying and running to him. Such an emotional, raw and tense scene. SYJ’s acting in this scene was phenomenal, she isn’t the queen of melo for nothing. 

• Like 12
  • Love 6

47 minutes ago, eLizza said:

I kind of found Son Ye Jin's acting more convincing in the swiss scene.Throughout the series both of them were at par in terms of acting.But in the finale scene SYJ nailed it.She managed to outshine Hyun Bin by a little margin.It really shows how great as an actor she is.She remained connected as  Seri throughout the 16 episode and her acting felt according to the timeline.Even HB was great but the last scene felt little out of the place for me, like it was not in continuation.SYJ definitely deserves a daesang.HB already has one though.

my POV could be the direction or script that entails him to look jaded because he could only wait so long to finally get to be at peace with his gal. This is to show the realism of a long separation and he rightfully depicted that. In reality if a couple would have to wait these many years and soar mountains just to meet and only for a short span of time, wouldn’t anyone looked as bittersweet as he did? 

• Like 4