[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

6 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Before I get into my post I am really curious about something. Just what gives the impression that I am a female. I always felt that my posts were gender neutral. Clearly I must be making a mistake somewhere to leave such an impression. For that let me ask for forgiveness.

I just read it as gender non specific most of the time.  But sometimes when issues regarding privacy, security, child rearing and other private material information come into perspective, I read some of the soompiers posts carefully as I know them to be male.  But as another soompier said, most are females on this group.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/27/2019 at 11:27 PM, angelwingssf said:

I think I would put both KI dad and grandpa into the real villain group.  It has not been revealed yet on how TY bio dad died.  There is a story behind it and my guess is that TY grandpa had a hand in it.  Just like KI dad had a hand in the accident that TY went through.  KI dad even passed the blaming buck to great grandpa on who wanted TY dead.  I did not think it was grandpa.   Also, it is only MR and KI dad who knew about baby switching and now SW and KI also knows.  

Hello everyone 

@angelwingssf... I was thinking the same thing. Since this was never mentioned so I kept this theory to myself until it was ever presented. From the very first episode when I met YW’s mom younger self, I saw a woman marrying against her will. She was always honest with future hubby which was very dumb on her part. I am not surprised at what future hubby did. Sadly dumb dumb man chose to believe that the abandoned child would never appuie front of him but he did appear again and again with him knowing about it. He even raised the real heir as his grandson. The irony of KARMA on kdrama is legendary which is why I do enjoy revenge drama the most . Lol lol  another reason why I felt YW bio wanted her son to inherit because of the past. 

@yamiyugi I apologize for the gender mix up. :sweatingbullets:  i tend to forget there are maes who watch kdrama. I have met a few. 

On 7/28/2019 at 5:55 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I went back to the first episodes as I started watching a bit late. Something is bothering me. SW wanted revenge for TY. But she used the wrong method by planting herself in the Yangji family. I don't approve her methods. Also attributing TY's son to another man is distasteful to me. Now that TY is alive, her reason for revenge should be different. She was about to tell him about his son but  DS's pregnancy stood in the way. She wants to keep Jimin because she doesn't want him to have a stepmom. She has good motives but uses wrong means. 

At first she wanted to expose the accounting fraud.  but when she found out she was preggars, she thought the best way to protect her child as well as take revenge for TY is to have his son be raised in his rightful place as grandson\heir of the company.  

If she raised JM as a single mother, society would have scorned both of them.  She would have struggled to make a living and raise JM.   Her thoughts are always what is best for JM.  Even when she knew the truth about TJ, she wanted to put him in his rightful place but also at the same time she wondered what is the best thing for JM.  Not for herself. But for JM.

When TJ first head that SW became a mother, he did wonder if she went through the marriage because of the child.  I think he also wondered if the child was his.  He went to SW's house and saw her coming out of a car with KI. They were laughing and so he thought that theory went down the drain.  I guess he expected SW to marry for revenge and then spend her time looking all sullen and vengeful! 

You can see in some shots that she felt bad that she had to use KI in this manner.  He had nothing to do with the attempted murder of TJ.  He seems like an immature man, short of a couple of brain cells.  but at the same time he seems to really love SW and JM.  That's why I had hoped that he would man up and that SW would grow to really love him.  But it is clear that is not what the writer wants.  

I only worry for her that when the truth is out, I hope her MIL and the Chairman will be kind to her.  They might resent her for not telling them who TJ is. 

In today's episode, KI sees the picture of JM and TY and he kept harping on why SW married him .  Would he be doing a DNA test with his son?  Since he now knows that he is not the bio grandson, will he want to know if his son is his or not? 

3 hours ago, O said:

I only worry for her that when the truth is out, I hope her MIL and the Chairman will be kind to her.  They might resent her for not telling them who TJ is. 

I am too.  I wish she gets the courage to speak up.  But she will be hot water no matter what.  I am tired of seeing SW so tired and exhausted.  

I don't think TY has ever thought that JM could be his.  But the divorce between KI and SW might just open up that wound.  IF SW gets divorced, would she move to the states and they have another time jump and change the child to an adult. I hope not.  

33 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

In today's episode, KI sees the picture of JM and TY and he kept harping on why SW married him .  Would he be doing a DNA test with his son?  Since he now knows that he is not the bio grandson, will he want to know if his son is his or not? 

I am too.  I wish she gets the courage to speak up.  But she will be hot water no matter what.  I am tired of seeing SW so tired and exhausted.  

I don't think TY has ever thought that JM could be his.  But the divorce between KI and SW might just open up that wound.  IF SW gets divorced, would she move to the states and they have another time jump and change the child to an adult. I hope not.  

I  doubt we see any more time jumps the revenge is in full motion now.

I was staying away from daily dramas for a few weeks since the train-wreck ending of "It's my life".   Beginning to get the daily drama withdrawal again.  Is this drama worth it to marathon through 60 episodes and catch up?  Are there at least some characters worth rooting for?

@jayakris Welcome !   This seems to be a pretty decent drama.  I like some of the characters and it is sometimes pretty good with the little ones.  I do like both the leads Male and Female - pretty good acting.  The second leads seem good too.  We know that in the end everyone will have a happy ending, but it is the journey that I am looking forward to.  Try a couple of episodes and see if this fits your appetite.  More than watching the show, the discussions are pretty great.  We have an awesome group of people who are in the group.  

I also watch "Home for summer"  and that is good too.  I love the young child acting in that drama.  

I should try the drama withdrawal soon.  This is getting too much with both daily dramas and weekend dramas.  

4 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Woah SW  actually a big piece of truth to KI why she marry hm, she said because she thought YW was dead

Yes.  That was the truth.  She is still debating how to handle the truth coming out and she wants YW to be safe since she know the roof will blow up once YW comes to know the truth and that Chairman Choi would do something to harm him.  

14 hours ago, jayakris said:

I was staying away from daily dramas for a few weeks since the train-wreck ending of "It's my life".   Beginning to get the daily drama withdrawal again.  Is this drama worth it to marathon through 60 episodes and catch up?  Are there at least some characters worth rooting for?

We need you here.  Always love to read your posts! 

I disagree that TY never thought Jimin was his son.  He looked happy when he thought that SW married KI because of baby.  Then he looked angry when he saw she was happy with KI.  He said to himself that he will get revenge on SW.  If he didn't think baby was his, he never would have been happy or excited even for a second.  

4 hours ago, fanofr said:

I disagree that TY never thought Jimin was his son.  He looked happy when he thought that SW married KI because of baby.  Then he looked angry when he saw she was happy with KI.  He said to himself that he will get revenge on SW.  If he didn't think baby was his, he never would have been happy or excited even for a second.  

True. If he finds out about the premature story, then he is bound to get suspicious again.

TY is gonna regret his words from today's episode. Dude will surprised to find out what he told her ( about SW marrying KI to get revenge for him) exactly happened. 

KI found out that JM blood was tested with that of his grandfather.  He was aghast and confronts SW in the garden which TY sees it (preview).  Also, KI dad ditches saving Shimini Foods even though grandpa advised them to do that.  SW was astounded and meets TY to ask him to save the company.  MJ and family knows that SW ex was TY and they get photographs of James Oh and are looking at it.  

8 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

KI found out that JM blood was tested with that of his grandfather.  He was aghast and confronts SW in the garden which TY sees it (preview).  Also, KI dad ditches saving Shimini Foods even though grandpa advised them to do that.  SW was astounded and meets TY to ask him to save the company.  MJ and family knows that SW ex was TY and they get photographs of James Oh and are looking at it.  

MJ  and his parents will probably want to confront her in front of the whole family to also say that she has an affair again with him for the divorce, I wonder if SW will therefore raise the whole truth she will be at the foot of the wall or she will shut up and cry

36 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

This is bad, really bad. I hope KI dad doesn't find out about JM because he is gonna do something to the child:crazy:.

Hopefully TY hears their conversation but then again, it may not happen this early.

MJ and family, if SW finds out their precious son was the one who leaked the information, can't she threaten them with that exchange for their silence? 

23 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

So now TY will know that SW is not really happy marrying into that family...but he cannot do anything now to help SW because he already married, because he think SW betrayed him she told her harsh word...

Whats wrong with SW by the way, why need to kneel to KI, she can just also counter attack KI by what she know about their secret..

True, now he will see the reality of her situation. Indeed, he can't do anything about it.

I'm wondering the same here. She is not thinking straight. The one who got to lose a lot here is KI. Why is she kneeling down to him? She can blackmail him with his real identity and can get divorce. Hopefully she doesn't open her mouth about her knowing TY is the real heir and she married him for revenge. 

Archived