[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

So my curiosity got the better of me lol:sweatingbullets:. Things are getting interesting:ph34r:

It looks like DS thinks she married her own brother. Now I wonder if her mom will spill the truth to her. But then again, we are on episode 37 so we have a long way to go<_<

As for TY, he is getting softer towards SW and is realising that things are not what it seems. Wonder how he will find out about Jimin:huh:. Hopefully the bad guys don't find out first because I have a feeling they will harm the poor child. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so let me start of that while I still haven't caught up on the earlier episodes I am almost done with the current ones. 3 more and then I will be partially up to date with this drama. But to be honest that isn't the issue that I have with this drama. My issue is that there isn't anyone that I am willing to root for. Most of the people in this show are extremely dislikable and from what I am gathering even Shi Wol is making questionable decisions. What makes the other characters fall in this category is that almost everyone wants something that doesn't belong to them even to the extent of backstabbing each other especially when they are family. So they would sabotage their own party just to make the other one suffer. Not only this but these characters seem to thrive on the pain and suffering of others. A perfect example was when Shi Wol suffered a miscarriage the only people that were worried about her was her family (husband, MiL probably her FiL and the grandfather) the others were happy because this meant less competition for their children and that meant more chances for them to get the company.

Spoiler

But before I get into anything else regarding these characters let me bring up something that some of you have noticed as well. In this case I am talking about the actions of the suspicious maid or head secretary etc.. There certainly is more going on with her but lets try and pick up on some of the clues that have been dropped regarding her.

A few episodes back we discover that she has a niece who just had her third child. She was looking after her at least financially since she was a baby and what is more she plans on leaving her some sort of inheritance. Such as that building that she got from the grandfather. On it's own this may be totally innocent but knowing how people are in this drama what if it isn't. So lets try and see what we can gather from this. Perhaps this so called niece of hers is actually her daughter. Whether this child was from the Grandfather or someone else remains to be seen. It would make sense that she would in this case want her own child to rule this corrupt empire.

To do this she is already making sure that the family continue to fight amongst themselves not realizing that the true enemy is her. For instance she is using the little kid (Jieun's Kid) to her advantage by threatening him and using his mistakes against him such as she deliberately broke that vase and framed him for it. By the way the kid was doing that on purpose mind you. I can get it if he breaks one or two items after all kids are kids. But when he breaks each and every item that happens to be his grandmothers (Shi Wol's MiL) favorite every time I smell a rat. His parents or his grandmother must tell him which ones to break beforehand. 

Anyway back to my point regarding the maid. There is someone else who could be her potential daughters father as well. In this case it could be Mr. Jung the Fortune Teller. We know that the two of them have past history when she demonstrated that she was aware of his favorite drink. Yes it could be that he used to be a regular at that place so she knew his order so totally innocent but doubtful. Then even if this isn't the case we know that she has a crush on him atleast  This can be verified by the fact when Jimin had his project where he needed to go with his father to some park or outing etc. he took Mr. Sun with him. Over there they met Mr. Jung. Now at this point Shi Wols mother wanted to thank him by sending him some food. The maid showed no interest in heading over there till she discovered that Mr. Jung was there as well. At that point she tried to go herself instead of Shi Wol.  The only reason that she didn't push the matter was because the grandfather mentioned that he was planning on gifting her with an expensive painting. That managed to sway her since she put her greed first and decided to drop the matter regarding meeting Mr. Jung.

Perhaps she is like the main leads herself. She ended up loosing the people that she cared about due to the Greed of Yangji group that destroyed another family without a thought. Now she wants revenge on that family and thus wants to destroy them or take over the company for herself and her family.

Perhaps I can have a better take on Mr. Jung if I watch earlier episodes that I have missed but so far we can tell that he seems to like the Grandfather for some reason but not his son. Remember when he saw Mr. Sun at that park he mentioned how he not only reminded himself of someone but also the fact that all his mediation skills wend down the drain at his sight. This guy seems to know well about business so what is his real background. Perhaps he used to run his own company and was probably very good at it before he was betrayed by someone close to him. (Mr. Sun's Bio Dad). He decided to give up on the Wordly Life and start meditating but since his skills were so good people still ask him for his advice thinking that he may have some spiritual powers and all. Perhaps the maid wanted revenge but since he wasn't in for it she left him (to get it on her own) and that might have been the last straw for him thinking that the person that loved him betrayed him as well.

Frankly speaking Yangji Group are the masters at backstabbing each other. Just look at the money lender and the grandfather. They used to know each other and be on good terms before something happened between them. Perhaps it was just the grandfather stealing his first love. Though I doubt it was anything that small. Either they were business partners and the grandfather cheated him out or stole his business somehow. So it is pretty much in their DNA at this point. 

Frankly what I want is Shi Wol to leave that family and take her son with her so that he doesnt't turn into a monster like them. She is way to good for that family and to top it all she doesn't even need to place her son on the top anymore. From what I gathered it was her form of revenge on that family for the stunt that they pulled and trying to kill of Mr. Sun. But at this point it is moot. Mr. Sun is still alive so she doesn't need to go ahead with her revenge atleast not on her own. Instead of talking it out with him she is still going solo but isn't realizing that she is starting to become just like the family that she detests. At this point she can easily forsake her revenge and just live on her own since Mr. Sun is married. She is sucesfull enough on her own that she can easily work anywhere else. or better yet ask for a divorce and use the money that she gets from alimony as a starter for a small business and move ahead from there. That family might sue her but that is another story.

anyway have to go now so will get back here later. till then take care all of you as I look forward to reading your thoughts and posts. Does anyone agree with my thoughts on the maid as having her own agenda to take over the company as well.

So while I was returning home from work I thought of amending some of my earlier thoughts regarding Shi Wol leaving that Pit Of Vipers. While I still think that she should leave that place with her son since it isn’t a good place for her both mentally and physically and to some extent the same goes for her son as well she shouldn’t leave it alone. First I was thinking that she should take her MiL with her but after some consideration realized that wasn’t the best move for her nor would it help her in her revenge against said family.

Spoiler

Not only is the MiL a part of that family she wouldn’t want to leave and hand over the family business to her sister due to her own greed and all. While I get her hostility towards said sister since she was a child of her father from an affair and all but as adults they should learn to get over this fact atleast now. But anyway it seems I am getting slightly of topic. So back to the matter at hand. She should leave with her husband and if one thinks about it carefully it would be the perfect form of revenge on said family.

Grandfather is a greedy old man and he will now be forced to search for a new successor since he can’t depend on his direct so called blood member of the family. This means that he will have to take her husband’s cousin (Jieun’s husband). Now that guy may be competent to run the business but let’s face it will he even get the chance to shine. We know that these greedy people only want their blood to rule over Yangji Group. This means that they will sabotage their own team just to make their rivals look bad and incompetent and make either themselves look good or their child. This means that you can be sure that her husband’s father will try and backstab the next guy to take over. This means that internal fighting will eventually cause the company to either go under or allow someone else to purchase said company causing all these people to lose out on what they want. Bonus points if said person turns out to be Mr. Sun. :D

Then on top of this another reason why taking her husband and leaving that place would be the best form of revenge is because it would put a dampener of the plans of the Evil Greedy Squad. After all, why did his parents switch him with the real heir. It was so that their blood would rule this empire even if he wasn’t related to the family. Everything that they did was to place him there but if he isn’t there to lead the company then all their hard worked plans go down the drain. What revenge could be perfect than that.

So considering the fact that since he isn’t there anymore they would lead to infighting amongst the other members of the family which would eventually cause the downfall of said empire. They would have nothing to protect and eventually crumble and be eventually forgotten. The only one that you might want to feel bad about all this would be her MiL who was a victim of sorts but like I said she needs to curb her greed. Then again she might be willing to do that if the other members aren’t that greedy. Perhaps she thinks that she needs to protect her position otherwise she would be kicked out of that house with nothing. So it is kind of hard to decide if I want to root for her or not.

Now moving on to another point. Duck is thinking of getting a DNA result between her mother and her husband from what I am reading. Not sure what I think about that. On one hand I guess it is good that she gets confirmation that she hasn’t been sleeping and loving her own brother. But on the other hand that would probably make her question as to why her mother did that in the first place. Also what will she do with that knowledge. For instance, will she decide to become part of the Greed Squad and try and encourage her husband to take his so called rightful place. Perhaps even thinking that she will finally take Shi Wols spot in that house and get one up on her rival.

People were talking about baby swaps. Knowing that this is a Korean Drama I wouldn’t be surprised if that had happened. In fact, I was even thinking up a scenario of how that could happen before the time jump and all. Naturally it isn’t going to happen at this point. My theory was as follows. Duck somehow finds out that Mr. Sun is the kid that her mother used to visit at the orphanage. She would immediately start getting all sort of weird ideas such as she made out with her own brother and all. That would start to sicken her but what could she do with the kid that she was about to give birth to. Raising the kid would just remind her of her actions and whatnot. So she would come up with an excuse to dump the kid. Probably at some orphanage (perhaps the same one where her husband grew up). Now follow this up with the part where Shi Wol ends up with a miscarriage and can’t have kids or decides to hold up on having her own. So instead she decides to adopt one. Now this being a drama and all the kid that she ends up with turns out to be Mr. Sun and Ducks kid. So in short she ends up raising both of his kids. Just how grateful do you think that he is going to be when he discovers this fact. Naturally those two don’t figure this out for some time since when they meet the kids some time has passed and they have become adults. Booyaha children swapping as some people wanted. :blush:

But while we are on the topic of Mr. Sun and Duck we know one good thing that has happened or rather hasn’t happened. In all the years that those two were married they still haven’t gotten intimate since that one night. So I guess their daughter is good for something after all. Hope that she has a good relationship with her brother as a reward. :)

Anyway got to go now. Will check back later on your thoughts. So take care all of you. :)

Duksil doesn't deserve to be called a mother, she doesn't care about her little angelic girl, I am watching on Tv, she is jealous of her own daughter, I really hate her

The only three I love in the show are yoo wol, jimin his son, and the pretty little angel, his daughter

I don't like the fact that yoon siwol didn't tell yoo wol about his son, even if she was afraid to be separated from her son,  still he deserves to know

It was nice of SW to worry about YW.  Even though she said that she would not, it is not in her nature.  She probably wanted him to protect himself since she knew who the culprit was.  It was good that the writer introduced the doubt in KI  about SW - This probably will bring up their divorce. 

I don't like KI with SW - even though KI is innocent in all this and SW even knowing about it cannot do much without hurting JM - I feel that since his parents intentionally wanted to hurt the Yangi group, they exchanged their child to the actual heir and let him get abused and grow up in an orphanage -  I have no soft spot for him.   I understand it is not his fault and we cannot blame the child for the sins of the parent, but due to their greed, he grew up comfortably well where as YW had such a hard life.  In today's episode, it became clear that it was IMR who actually exchanged the babies and that she was the one who took YW to the orphanage.  Was it greed for MR or was it because her boyfriend was marrying the heiress?  IF MR was truly a mother, she would have raised KYW, but she threw him like trash - in an orphanage.  I wish YW also throws MR daughter like trash too.  But he is too good like his bio mother.  

KI was no match for SW especially in skills category.  We all know why she married him, and I would not want JM's information to come out anytime soon.  

2 hours ago, joan0528 said:

DK finding out about the realtionship between TY and Miran is like a bomb to her even if the DNA result not related to each other (TY and Miran) DS still will think how and where did her mother take TY and what is tge reason why she put him in the orphanage, the more she dig the truth the more she will get hurt by it..

DK now thinks she married her brother.  She wants to be sure he is her son.  The information from the director that the benefactor was her mother has her startled.  But once the DNA results show up as negative, she will start wondering how she got the baby.  The director mentioned that it was MR who brought the child to the orphanage and that will be a question that DK will pursue.  Whose child is TY?  Where did she get him from ?  Who is his mother?  Even if MR lies about a friend or someone and say that TY is her friend 's son and she wanted him away or she died giving birth and so on,  it might last a little while.  DK has not seen JM yet.  Once she sees him, she will put 2 and 2 together and figure out that JM is TY's son.   She might even see that MR is meeting with Yanji group chairman and wonder why?  

DK needs to get hurt.  Did we forget how she got pregnant in the first place?  How she wanted TY to not do anything since he does not love her.  I am sure love is not a switch that you can turn on and off.  Even then he hurt SW so much without a second thought because he wanted to be there for his child.  DK is very calculative like her mother.  When her mother wants something, she does not hesitate to get it - breaking the law or any other underhanded scheme or even destroying another mother 's life.  

I still cannot figure out how the writer is going to out the secret of TY being the bio child of his mother.  Will it be Jien or TY himself when KI is drunk?  Or will it be the secretary who will overhear and keep it a secret.  As many of you have talked about, the secretary is pretty underhanded in her actions.  She seems to have a grudge against the madam of the house.  Or will it be KI telling SW about it.  (doubt this since he seems to have other issues with her right now).  I hope it is the bio mom who hears it and starts doubting KI .  

Hello everyone 

My theory on this Drama. Si Wol will be the one to tell Yoo Wol about his birth origins. That is why the writer had Si Wol get married to KI in the first place. YW is the spitting image of his father. I am positive one day JH will end up seeing him and realize the truth. I think JH is a pitiful character because she is still in love with her first love. She still has a picture of him in a locket. I don’t think JH is greedy for the business but might actually feel that getting the company from her father is owed to her. JH looks miserable and never happy. I wonder why??? 

Si Wol in my opinion is smart but doesn’t really have any power at the company. She is good business woman. I feel bad for this character, she married KI for revenge and find out later on YW was still alive. I sometimes wonder if she loves her husband at all.  

Due to the fact she married KI , I would hate to see stay married to KI. 

Question 

Did KI try to kill YW??? Every time o watch the accident scene , I can’t see who the driver is??? 

OKay!!!! 

I believe Jung Hee will find out the truth and will have a accident where she will be in a coma or amnesia. Who will cause the accident I have no idea??? Who will cause that to happen. 

Si Wol right about now is lost and has no idea what to do. In fact I am kinda scared to see what will she do?? Will she ruin the company and force YW to hate her?? If that company is ruined , there is no chance for them to be together. 

To be honest SW and YW are slowly becoming corrupted through their actions.

I hope it will be SW who will eventually tell TY about his heritage. Shi Wol and Yoo Wol - sorry DS, these 2 are meant for each other.

As of now she is 'weak' and that is because I think she is first a mother (and mothers can be weak when it comes to protecting their offspring). And she also gets the vibe that TY is happily married and has achieved his dreams of having a family. Therefore her 'revenge' went on a pause.

But we often sees her giving dagger stares to TJ whenever KI is mentioned in family meetings, in his "guise" as being the rightful heir to the family.

With KI going wild, I hope she gets as smart and as vindictive as TY and bring TJ down.

...and DS might have something going on with KI  (oops they are sibling). Just a thought, if she sees SW and TY getting close, and in her depression, may bump into KI in a bar and may want to start a revenge on SW. Its a possibility I think, as I doubt Miran will ever tell her about KI being her son anytime soon.

Archived