[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:
9 hours ago, triplem said:

For what it's worth I really this girl. She is the character I relate to the most . Romance aside , I hope she will be reunited with her mum. 

Same here. My favorite character :kiss_wink:

I think she will. Saw them in the crew pictures. 

Same here too  I like her character and I like the actress too. :)

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

201910151378052896_1.jpg

Jenny Jang and Wi Jung Hyeok spend time at a night club in the next episode.

They look so good together. Why the writer made him gay?

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201910151378052896

Aroma Life (CEO Lee Hak-jae) announced that it will support the production of SBS drama 'Secret Boutique'.

Aroma Life officials said, "It will be an opportunity to strengthen the brand awareness of Aroma Life through this drama production support," said, "It will be part of the first step to create a healthy body of the people."

Meanwhile, AromaLife is Korea's leading functional underwear company. In 2008, when the domestic underwear market was saturated, based on the experience of supplying products to famous Japanese underwear companies for many years, after researching and trying the advantages and disadvantages of functional underwear, the company developed a groundbreaking functional underwear and caused a change in the market.

http://www.iconsumer.or.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=10219

Aroma Life is an underwear company? I thought it is a cosmetic brand. :lol:

And how they are going to promote? The gals are going to shoping?

Thanks for the recap @triplem

We are half way into the show, I hope there are more twists and surprises because it seems like the show is losing its steam or maybe it’s just me? It seems like right now most of the characters are just reacting to information most of the audience knows or could logically guess. 
It seems like. The last few episodes are like filler episodes and not much progressed. 

that being said, im looking forward to watching ep 8 later on today. 

For the first time I watched LIVE a little of today`s episode.

I saw the old man recognizing Chairwoman Kim and later, I cheered when Sun woo saved the man.  I was worried a little for him when he fought the masked man in the dark, when Jenny and her nemesies fought with their words. It was a good scene. I am happy that Sun woo is a very good fighter. Butler Hwang is now Chairwoman`s henchman? I should not be surprized. He was capable to sent to death two children in the past. he can kill for her.

I was glad that Hyun Ji has refused Chairman Kim`s offer.

I understood Sun woo`s frustration and disappointment when Jenny canceled the dinner/meeting. She should have told him what`s going on. Jung Hyeok needed her and I think she was right to go to him but she should have talked with Sun Woo as well. Maybe he needed that moment to push himself to look in another direction, to change the pattern in his life.

Sun Woo and Hyun Ji`s date /having dinner was awkward but they broke the ice. Next time would be more easier for them.

Jenny is carring for Jung Hyeok very much. She still have a crush on him, I think. Is his lover really dead? It`s a weird plot. I know that Jung Hyeok`s love partner is a supporting character but I think his suicide is contrived. It is a cheap plot to get rid of him. I like Jung Hyeok (I love Kim Tae Hoon) but I think I need more scenes and effort from the writer to convince me about Jung Hyeok`s journey in the drama. I feel very confused. What`s his place in the drama? Why the writer make him gay in the first place? Maybe with subtiltes I will understand better the situation.

About the Jenny`s picture with her family. Miss Wang was surprised to see the picture. Why? She knew/ suspected that Jenny is the daughter of the young master. Now Jung Hyeok saw the pictures as well. He will start to wonder who is his wife.

A question. In the preview we saw that Mr Choi from Jogwang had informations about the Wi siblings not being blood related with Wi family? I don`t think I saw that in this episode. Maybe I am wrong. or maybe my assumption was wrong. The preview can be really misleading.

The second question... Ye-Nam knew that she is not blood related with Wi family or she find out in this episode?

I want to watched the whole episode with subtitles and of course, the next episode as well. I wish there will be three episodes this week. :)

Oh boy,the relationship between Doyoung and Jung Hyuk is such a highlight for me that i would be really sad for them to loose it at the end even if i predict her revenge will be quite bitter and loose something precious...Felt bad for Sunwoo being dumped yet again but i understood why she choose to go to Jang Hyuk and i'm glad she did it seeing as he was in so much pain and with no one to be by his side...Kim Yeo Uk is such a hidious person i really hope her downfall will be rewarding,to see her be stripped all of her possesions and left with nothing...Also,the main BGM is sooo huntingly beautiful i just can't wait to listen to the full VA once it's out(hope they do release it)

I watched again the RAW episode and now I realised that I missed a lot watching the first time.

Now I can answered my own questions. :lol:

I am glad Jung Hyuk saw the pictures of young Jenny. In the next episode he will question Miss Wang and I hope she will say the truth or, at least, what she knows about Jenny and his mother. I know it will be hard for him to know that his mother was so evil towards Jenny but I don`t have a doubt that he won`t support his friend/ wife over his mother. Jenny`s revenge will affect him (he is a collateral victim) but I hope he will know that she cares for him sincerely.

Again from the preview... it is so funny how Kim Yeo Ok is walking with his right man behind her and Jenny as well with Sun woo. Go Go Go team Jenny- Sun Woo. It is time to put the other team behind bars. Let see the last half of this drama. I can`t wait to watch it.

I loved the moment with the clock/ watch. Jenny and Hyun Ji has a lot in common and I wish their relationship will stay strong.

Preview ep 9

I still haven't watched the episode yet. So is JH lover officially dead? :tears: Why can't kdramas protray homosexual relationships happily? 

I think it would be very cool if somehow at the end of the show all three siblings turn against their mom and took her down together with Jenny on top ofcourse :D . that would be hilarious and so satisfying. JH is already against mom, YM is now against mom, and now we are waiting for the last sister. She's a wild card, we still don't know much of her. 

2 hours ago, triplem said:

too homophobic a society for them to openly endorse it in a drama

Thank you for sharing that article. That’s incredibly sad for them. It makes absolute sense why dramas don’t openly endorse homosexual love. 

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Yikes ! No episode again tonight- baseball . Urghhh! 

I can`t believe it. No episode again? I don`t like it. Now we have to wait another week.

And I wished for three episodes this week. :phew:

Thanks for infoming us.

Great ep8. 

About the clock, I can't help notice that in JJ's flashback the clock on the hosp wall shows 4:44 and the broken clock at the garbage dump also shows 4:44. Did JJ have that broken clock with her hence the gift from HJ? Did I miss something? It's as if time stood still for her then and i'm sure she made up her mind to go forward from that time.

Another frustratoin for HJ, SW confirmed the call to her phone is not from her mom.

I was right after all, KYO had someone followed OTS and YN. I think YN will be out of the picture for a while nursing her pain now that she knows she is a fake Wi. I guess the writers realized that we had enough of her antics and OTS probably realized too that there will be nothing for him at the end. 

I see KYO's meeting with JJ as a desperate attempt to defeat JJ now that she knows her secret.

@larus I can't understand why MsWang looked surprised when she found the photo of WJS with DY. She was the one who told JJ before she only serves KYO and YN and that JJ/DY is a child WJS had with another woman. I think MsWang may have overheard JJ'sc convo with kYO abt YN's father because she was outside the room when JJ came out. Another thing that  I noticed Butler Hwang doesn't know KYO is a fake. KYO lied to him that YN is a result of a fling she had when she was lonlely and on the run with with WJS

I can't wait to know if JH  will continue to support JJ now that he has also found the photo and the truth will finally come out.

It was nice that SW and HJ spent one relaxing evening together

and became a little closer.

Although its  kind of sad that he only invited her when he was left alone.

And its sad or maybe funny, that SW is still questioning herself when he 

needs to say something to Jenny.

7 hours ago, triplem said:

The latest from Twitter is that it may still be aired if the baseball match finishes early 

I really really want the baseball match to finish early. I don`t want to wait another week for new episodes. There is a little hope.

8 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

About the clock, I can't help notice that in JJ's flashback the clock on the hosp wall shows 4:44 and the broken clock at the garbage dump also shows 4:44. Did JJ have that broken clock with her hence the gift from HJ?

I did not pay anttention to every detail but i think she kept the clock she found on the garbage dump. It was a coincidence that her mom died at 4:44 as well so she took the clock.

After watching with subtitles, I like the clock scene even more. Hyun Ji remembered Jenny`s words and decided to move on and she fixed her clock. She assumed that Jenny is the type who lives with an eye on the future. So little she knows that actually Jenny is the person who dwell in the past that already stopped. She doesn`t live for the future at all. All her plans are for the moment the imposter Kim Yeo Ok is defeted. She even thinks that it won`t be a happy ending for her.

Revenge dramas are almost all tragic. Jenny has a tragic life and the fact that she lives anly for revenge makes her a tragic heroine. The last part of the dramas is really intense because it will be the moment the enemy will find out her secrets. Kim Yeo Ok will do everything to stop Jenny to reveal her as a fraud. That makes her dangerous because we know that she doesn`t have any scrupule. I worry about Jenny and Sun woo.

The revenge will hurt collateral people, included persons she cares about, like Jung hyeok. I know that Jenny can`t stop now. I want the imposter punished as well but  I don`t want her to lose too much.

8 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Another thing that  I noticed Butler Hwang doesn't know KYO is a fake.

He doesn`t know Kim Yeo Ok is  an imposter and Ms Wang doesn`t know either.

I am curious if Jung hyeok knows or suspects something. He is the oldest son.  He was 11 years old when he came to Wi family. I don`t think he knows about what her mother did but perhaps now he has a strange feeling what he doesn`t remember anything about Wi Chang Soo.

When he saw Jenny in a picture with Wi Chang Soo, he sure wants to know more about it.

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

Does not seem like they are airing . I hv been refreshing my stream for the last 40 mins :tears:

Sad. :tears:

Hmm...kinda tragic for Jenny to think of revenge all the time... and if anything happened to her, all those revenge and no happy life and her family's fortune to be passed on to someone else seemed a wasted life....sigh... then again, that revenge drama, and we all just hope for a happy ending for Jenny.... 

She, her deceased brother and mother had suffered much 

I’m lost at the 3 children all having 3 diff fathers... how is this possible? Can someone enlighten me?? Evil chairman gave birth in hosp so there’s one child. How is it possible the youngest daughter is fathered by a diff father from YN? 

2 hours ago, triplem said:

What sort of story did KYO  hv to cook up to get him to not question his own origins & identity? 

More then what she said to Jung Hyeok, she invented a story for the other girls. Ye Nam

showing Jenny/ Do young the picture of her "father" and jenny knowing that it is her dad not the other girl! How strong she was to come to the imposter`s place, to resist temptation to say anything but hoping one day she will claim her family back. Jenny`s determination is admirable but it is sad in the same time because she did not live her life so far.

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Hmm...kinda tragic for Jenny to think of revenge all the time... and if anything happened to her, all those revenge and no happy life and her family's fortune to be passed on to someone else seemed a wasted life....sigh... then again, that revenge drama, and we all just hope for a happy ending for Jenny.... 

She, her deceased brother and mother had suffered much 

She suffered so much and Kim Yeo Ok made her life more bitter. I want Jenny to succed defeating the monster and be able to move on with her life after that.

The worst scenario for her is not be able to do ii but it is bad as well if Sun Woo will be hurt in the process. Sun woo will hate it if she will get hurt too. So, they both have to be safe in the end of the drama. 

24 minutes ago, dimpletot said:

How is it possible the youngest daughter is fathered by a diff father from YN? 

Why not? We don`t know how she lived her life before she had the accident. From what I understand she was not married. Maybe she had  three different relationships (or more) in different period of time. She was looking for a better life. I am curious if she ever loved any man in her life.

4 hours ago, dimpletot said:

I’m lost at the 3 children all having 3 diff fathers... how is this possible? Can someone enlighten me?? Evil chairman gave birth in hosp so there’s one child. How is it possible the youngest daughter is fathered by a diff father from YN? 

Haha.. she had affairs... for sure ..

Her eldest was from a different man, when she was pregnant with her richard simmons daughter during the accident it was another man....and when she went into Doe's household, im not even sure how her youngest daughter was conceived... assuming that she only did it after the Chairman died. Otherwise.... but even then, a child out the wedlock, the old board members of Doe corp probably boot her out then???

@larus... hopefully they will both be safe, at the end, together 

Archived