[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

@ktcjdrama i believe JJ and JH have a special relationship. JH is the only person in the Wi family who cares for JJ when they were growing up and they became close especially after she found out his secret. It seems JH and JJ have some sort of deal to bring down KYO.  Now i'm curious why JH is going against his mom. 

I didn't quiet expect the revelation at the end of ep3, that was quick.  Let it start JJ gainst KYO full swing lol

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

@ktcjdrama i believe JJ and JH have a special relationship. JH is the only person in the Wi family who cares for JJ when they were growing up and they became close especially after she found out his secret. It seems JH and JJ have some sort of deal to bring down KYO.  Now i'm curious why JH is going against his mom. 

I didn't quiet expect the revelation at the end of ep3, that was quick.  Let it start JJ gainst KYO full swing lol

I agree, I do not think JJ is in love with her husband, but just has deep feelings for him, it's not love.
Regarding a possible romance between JJ and SW I guess the episode of today can clear us up a little otherwise SW spend a lot of time with HJ, a little too huh

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I laughed again that YN got stuck in her marriage just because she thought her now husband was really in a relationship with JJ, implying she married him just to snatch him away from JJ :lol: this girl... LOLOL

Me too. I could not believe my ears. He married him because Jenny dated him first. :lol: She is in a competition with Jenny since they met. She has an inferior complex and the fact that she is from Wi family is her saving face. Let see what she will do when she finds out that she and her family are not form the Wi family but Jenny is. :D

I said that I like Jenny and Jung-Hyeok`s scene. With subtitles was better. Jenny had a crush for him from her teenager years but she found out his secret. They become friends instead but I don`t think Jenny told him who she really is.

I believe Jung hyeok will return to Jenny. He wants to fight for his own happiness. I wish both good luck. Jenny has Sun woo on her side but she needs all the help she can get.

The irony of life.  Kim Yeo Ok wanted to get rid of Jenny but she brought her home. :D

I can`t wait to watch te next episode. Now the fight will be upfront.

Is it just me or did it seem like Jenny got the DNA papers tampered and switched out At the end of the episode so that Jenny is still Jenny in the eyes of the evil, greedy lady and then boldly said that if you read the dna papers that mean you don’t trust me and that our relationship will not be the same knowing that she will read it Hahaha 

Thank you @triplem for the recap!

I haven't seen episode 6 yet but I can't help but notice the images that Sun Woo & Jenny are literally on a ship, and their ship is literally sailing LOL 

Jenny & HJ are twin female hurricanes, you don't want to mess! I knew it I knew it that JH was going to come back! and it's a great feeling! Their friendship is too precious! Jenny protected him all the way until now and now it's time to reciprocate. I love it when people help each other and that it's not one sided. 

Jung-Hyeok come back just in time. :) Sun woo was there to help Jenny but the gates open for Jung Hyeok.

I like the scene with Jenny and Sun woo at the island. It was nice to see her relaxed and smiling for a while. 

So Miss Wang helped Jenny in the past and she is helping her now too. She has a heart. 

Who is the other man who wants the city project? Another foe for Jenny? What about the woman who shot the husband?

Ye-Eun is getting jelous of Hyun-Ji ? She better not step in her sister`s shoes.

I want to watch with subtitles as soon as possible.

Just watch last night episode,I’m little disappointed the scene between our shipping  couple wasn’t enough :mrgreen: couldn’t these gang try to hurt her so she end in his arm :joy: 

Spoiler

5d967b5be1871216931017.gif?download

or leave this annoying girl at office, she distracted our girl for looking at oppa amazing action  :phew:

5d9676d03d355107694917.gif?download

5d96771873025990544523.gif?download

5d9677615c1e7520271879.gif?download

Yes to Jenny @triplem Our girl need to upgrade her look , to attract oppa attention :joy: 

11 hours ago, triplem said:

Thank you so much for the quick recap. 

The drive hint something between SW & HJ. if I remember correctly SW told HJ to disappear n not to show her face to him or else he dont know what he will do to her. I guess she must say something when he offer to sent her home.

our hottie lawyer might have a love triangle in his hand...   unrequired they might be since he in a 1 side love with JJ but its kind of interesting. Hope the writer give him more story line to develop his character. 

I think in the preview, HJ did upgrade her look. She looks pretty n hope SW notice her.

For SUB Note: I actually dont care about the age difference between JJ & SW but honestly up to this episode I havent seen any real love spark between them. 

On JJ side, I think when they are younger, she kind of have a crush on her husband. Dont know if the feeling still remain for her to protect his secret in a way around to marry him.

“When The Camellia Blooms” + “Secret Boutique” Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet

Oct 4, 2019
by E. Cha

14fa32cdf86f4de68f8d6df1ca56e619.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “When the Camellia Blooms” and SBS’s “Secret Boutique” have both soared to new all-time highs!

SBS’s “Secret Boutique” also set a new personal best with its latest episode, which scored average viewership ratings of 5.4 percent and 5.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1356653wpp/when-the-camellia-blooms-secret-boutique-achieve-their-highest-ratings-yet

It doesn't look like KYO is satisfied with the result of the dna test so off she goes to see the shaman again but JJ got to the shaman first lol. I like it that so far in this drama JJ is a step ahead of KYO. 

12 hours ago, larus said:

So Miss Wang helped Jenny in the past and she is helping her now too. She has a heart. 

Yes, but she drew a line between her past and present employer not wanting to take part in JJ's revenge. I wonder if Butler Hwang was also employed by old man Wi. May be not since he literally disposed JJ and her brother at the garbage dump leaving them to die of cold and starvation. That must be a plus point for him to move in to KYO's bedroom lol. 

I almost laughed at YN's expression at the meeting on the factory fire. KYO must soon realize that YN just doesn't have the brains for it.  What YN can do is to play dirty. From the preview it seems she is about to expose JH's secret. ok i'm borrowing @elan1 phrase 'is it me or is it just seem like someone was following YN and OTS to the apartment, ok waiting for some saucy pixs. That should counter JH's pixs.

Finally watched episode 6. 

the island scene was like a breath of fresh air after all the plotting and drama in the show. That quote carved on the tree was so poignant, “to know a person completely is to love them without any hope.” Wow that’s sun-woo there. The boat scene gave my heart the flutters, it’s the first time in the series where we see a genuine sweet smile from Jenny. Them strolling along the island trying different cuisine and playing with the dogs felt like a date. Jenny why you  can’t take one day vacation from your revenge and enjoy what’s in front of you? lol :bawling:

Miss Wang won my heart with her goodness in the past, and Jenny returned the goodness by helping her son. Wow Jenny is an amazing character where if you cross her, she will destroy you but if you were genuinely good to her, she will build you up. I’m glad to see a character who is bent-up in getting revenge but still have a kind soul in her. 

Sun-Woo telling Jenny that he will protect her heart, that’s swoon-worthy 3000. 

JH why you break my heart, you’re willing to forget your lover to help your best friend. I hope Jenny in the end will be willing to give him up emotionally and help him be with his gay partner. I guess destroying his mom will cause ripples and help him be with his love unashamedly. 

I really hope HJ’s mom is still alive, it seems like the drama is hinting at it. 

@imgreatgal maybe maybe! You could be right! 

Watching ep 6...

1. Ok, fine, the husband was indeed gay

2. Yay, jenny jang is doe's heir

3. Like, what the heck, they cant open the door.. the door would have been broken easily if everyone just push their body weight on it..  its just wood... haiz.. the hinges would provably break!

Still watching... ep6... :lol:

‐---'

Ok finish watching ep.6, ok what was it, was JJ in love with the hubby when she was young?

I feel bad for Soon Woo... he is showing his heart to her and she is ignoring it.. she knows it and he knows it....

She is deliberately pushing him away... sigh... they share so much when they were young... granted he is younger than her... sigh...

I still want the ship to sail... they are the leads right... i was glad that that the hubby was gay, so Soon Woo had a chance...:D

I know.its.logical for SW with HJ but... i still want SW with JJ...hehhe

I laughed as NJ sat in the car away from SW, and turned on

the music to make it more comfortable.

But even so, the chemistry still remained between the two. :D

This was a bit unexpected when NJ said that SW should have 

at least asked her how she was.

I like the scenes at the island.

They both deserve such smiling moments.

SW looked  even more handsome.

Maybe because he was smiling.:wub:

Miss Wang saved Jenny and her baby brother`s life in the past and she helped her to hide that she is Jang Do Jin in the present.

Yeah, she has a heart. But Butler Hwang doing blindly what Kim Yeo-Ok said... he put two children on a wooden box, he closed the box with the lock and threw it in the landfill. Heartless. 

I am curious about something. Does Miss Wang knows that Kim Yeo Ok is an imposter? She thinks now that Jenny is Mr Wi`s illegitimate child and Kim Yeo Ok wanted to get rid of her? 

About Kim Yeo Ok... She thinks her employees are her slaves? It is a translation thing or she really said that? She asked: "Who lure my slave away from me? " (talking about Jenny)

That woman who killed her husband implicated Jenny, saying shewas  abetting the crime. It looks like Jongwang Group is behind this new problem for our heroine.

And from preview, Ye Nam has another "toy" that Jenny had. She saw Jenny and Hyun ji together and now she wants to take the new protegee away from her?

@larus you right, that butler is scum. talking about literally starting from the bottom, at a dump. Jenny recycled herself into something even more valuable that obviously still needs more refining like any flawed human being.. It’s so encouraging. 

My recollection may be wrong but I think Miss Wang knows, I think she told Jenny that one of the reasons why she saved her and her brother was because of her grandfather. 

my translation in the video was servant but that’s still harsh. 

hmmm that’s interesting, ye nam does want all her toys lol I’m surprised she didn’t try to go after sun woo. Hey maybe that’s why Jenny has been acting so indifferent to sun-woo subtle advances because she knew ye nam will try to go after him if she thinks there is something going on between the two of them, she obviously didn’t go after JH because that’s her brother and that would just be wrong LOL 

5 minutes ago, elan1 said:

My recollection may be wrong but I think Miss Wang knows, I think she told Jenny that one of the reasons why she saved her and her brother was because of her grandfather. 

In the subtitles I saw, I think she was  referring to Jenny`s father. She said he was a "really kind young man".

She also said that she will serve Wi Ye-Nam and Kim Yeo-Ok (maybe as a loyalty for Wi family) and not Jenny who is the illegitimate child of Mr Wi or Jung Hyuk whose father isn`t indentified yet.

Speaking of Jung Hyuk`s father. We saw that he met his son in the past. I wonder if he will appear later in the episodes.

10 minutes ago, elan1 said:

my translation in the video was servant but that’s still harsh. 

Yes, it is still harsh but it is better than "slave".

9 hours ago, larus said:

I am curious about something. Does Miss Wang knows that Kim Yeo Ok is an imposter? She thinks now that Jenny is Mr Wi`s illegitimate child and Kim Yeo Ok wanted to get rid of her?

I find it strange too that she set that boundary of serving only KYO and her children and not JJ and and JH because to her both are illegitimate. Could it be that she thinks JJ is not Wi Jang Soo's daughter? Because i also find it strange that KYO had a dna comparison between JJ and her mom's step sister instead of the Woosan's monk. 

3 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I find it strange too that she set that boundary of serving only KYO and her children and not JJ and and JH because to her both are illegitimate. Could it be that she thinks JJ is not Wi Jang Soo's daughter? Because i also find it strange that KYO had a dna comparison between JJ and her mom's step sister instead of the Woosan's monk. 

Maybe she shows totally loyalty on the member of family with real power in the family rank. I don`t know. Sometimes it is odd and incomprehensible to see those employees showing loyalty to the extreme. Like a dog to its master. I saw it in many kdramas. To do such bad things like Butler Hwang, for exemple, it is too much.

Speaking of too much. There is an article about Secret Boutique that talks about some exageration of the plot. I agree with it. I will quote some parts from the article. Sorry for the RAw translations. I don`t have time to adapt the translation. 

00502378_20191004.JPG

The unique styles of Kim Sun-ah and Jang Mi-hee are shining and full of colorful attractions, but there are drawbacks. You can't erase the feeling of 'excess'. From the first time, minor child constellations, drugs, and murders are drawn in detail, and more cruelty than necessary is drawn, such as triggering in situations where it is not necessary to kill them, putting children in boxes, dumping them in a garbage site, and burning people while confining them.

Too high a character's abilities hinders immersion. For example, after encountering her mother's disappearance, she immediately understands the complicated situation. The information given to him is all that he has seen from a distance, but he runs to the prosecutor's office, convinced of what he sees, and accompanies him in the car of the first person he meets. The drama emphasizes that locals are good at intuition and insight as Go articles, but it is impossible to do without an omniscient perspective.

Nevertheless, the drama has an important message. Often there were many dramas depicting women's struggles, but the villain and the heroine fought over the relationship with the man who had power, not the power itself. But Kim Yeo-ok and Jenny are coveted of power. It is also interesting to know that Jenny Jang is a choreographer who works as a choreographer in Gangnam's luxury bathhouse, and is appointed as a president of J boutique, who deals with expensive clothes and jewelry, and serves as a secret solver and lobbyist.

Jenny is a woman who desires, but is different from the villains of the drama.  She had the ability to make people around her her own. This is because they have proven their skills by exchanging trust with each other. This is more apparent in contrast to greedy Yenam. As a result, except for Yenam, Deo all believe and follow her.

It is a feminist progress that makes us feel “the cause of the woman who desires” in the flood of the last drama depicted in the dichotomy between the wicked woman and the simple female heroine. “Good girls go to heaven, but bad girls go everywhere,” but shouldn't “good” and “bad” be defined again?

http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/culture/culture_general/912082.html

I also asked myself why the need of those gansters to burn all the people after receiving the signature from the owner of the house? They thought it will be no problem? Au contraire, I say. 

Another question. Miss Wang and Butler Hwang pretended to be a married couple to get little Jenny and her brother out of the orphanage. But that was enough? It does not have to be a decision of the court to grant the adoption?

I don`t know much but I think it  is hard to get a child from an orhanage. Maybe they have faked documents. They pretended to be family members of Jenny?  Well,  I should not concentrate of those details.

The drama has some makjang situations but it is still enjoyable to watch.

Archived